Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Yaoi Challenge Reply: You've Got A Friend in Me ❯ Part Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

You've Got A Friend in Me: Part Two

By Nikki or Nataku's Child

Archive: Anywhere is fine! Just tell me where ya are!

Pairings: 2+3 (lil' stronger now!), 1x5, 4xR, lil' bit of 6+9 and still a bit of 2+5 and 3+4

Rating: PG-13 for better reasons then before.

Genre: More Romance, some Humor, a bit more angst.

Time: After Endless Waltz

Key:

~~~ Scene change or break.

-POV comment- like say Duo said: it took a while -because I got lost- If the scene is in third person it's just a comment by well...the third person.

(Point Of View)

*Thoughts*

Warnings: *Stronger* yaoi implications (Heero just can't keep his hands to himself!), more character bashing, shounen-ai, very light cursing, more drunkenness, that's about it.

Disclaimer: don't own 'em. Never have and ::sob:: never will. Don't sue me, I need what little money I have. I don't own the name either, that would be the title of a song by Randy Newman.

You've Got A Friend in Me

Part Two

by Nikki :-P

~I~ Chapter One ~I~

(Quatre)

I looked myself over in the mirror.

*Everyone's here,* I thought with a sigh.

And I mean everyone, even all the Maganacs and most of my sisters.

"I hope we have enough food," I wondered out laud.

Relena laughed from behind me. She smiled at me in the reflection. "Honey, we have enough to feed double this. It will be fine." Through the mirror I could see her sitting on our bed. She put her ring on a chain, and slid it under her dress. She turned to me. "Are you ready?"

I took a deep breath and smiled. "I think so. You look beautiful."

She smiled back. "Thank you. Now come on, lets go see them!" She grabbed my arm and pulled me out to greet the guests.

~~~

(Still Quatre)

"Q-man!" I heard Duo before I saw him. He came running through the crowd full-speed, tackling me in a bear hug. "How you doin' buddy?"

I couldn't help but laugh. "Great, thank you Duo."

He looked from me to Relena then back. "Ah! I see now. Well see ya!"

He ran off to greet the others before I could ask about Trowa. Relena elbowed me gently in the side, tipping her head to the corner. Trowa was standing with his eyes closed, leaning against the wall.

I nodded. "I should go talk to him."

He looked up when I walked up. "I'm glad you could come Trowa," I said.

He nodded.

"We need to talk..."

"What is there to talk about?" he asked, his voice calm.

"I didn't want you to find out about me and Relena that way, we're planning to announce it today. I'm sorry-"

"It's fine" he cut in.

"Trowa-"

He pushed himself off the wall. "I'm going to go say hello to..." He looked around for a random person. "Rashid."

He walked away before I could stop him.

~~~

(Duo)

I moved through the crowed of people, trying to see everyone I knew -half of them were Magunacs- and avoid Heero and Wufei at the same time.

*I'll eventually have to face them.* I sighed and tried to find Trowa. *'We're in this together' and what's the first thing I do? I lose him! Where did he go?*

I look around and catch him just as he's walking away from Quatre. *Great.*

"Duo!"

I turned to see Noin smiling at me. "Lucy! What's up? Keeping Millie busy?" I felt pain on the back of my head. I turned again to see a not-so-happy Millrardo Peacecraft.

"Don't call me that," he growled.

I smiled. "Aww come on! How about Zechsy? Lillie? Mi Pea?"

He brushed past me -roughly I might add- and grabbed Noin's arm. "Let's go greet my dear sister. She has some explaining to do."

"Mills!" I yelled after them. I think he started to walk faster.

Then from across the room I hear: "Dorothy!"

"Hilde!"

I shudder. *The Dynamic Duo.*

I sighed and turned around to see Dorothy and Hilde run up and hug. They linked arms and started chattering about everyone who was there.

"Girls." I shook my head.

~~~

Everyone was finishing up desert -except for Duo, who had finished fifteen minutes ago and was already asking Hilde if she was going to finish hers- when Quatre stood up.

"May I have your attention please?"

Everyone quieted down. Duo stopped pestering Hilde and looked up.

"I have an announcement to make." he held a napkin in his hand and was twisting it mercilessly. "As some of you might have guessed already Miss Peacecraft and I are..." he paused as though unsure of how to put it right. "Romantically involved."

Relena stood up and took his arm. He calmed a little and plunged on, "we're in love, actually." a few people clapped.

Duo looked at Trowa, he had his eyes closed.

"Thank you. Well we've come to a decision, and well..."

He smiled warmly at Relena. "We're getting married."

More clapping. Duo clapped politely, but was worried about Trowa, he was just sitting there like a statue.

~~~

After dinner, most of them left. Hilde got a ride back with Dorothy. Quatre insisted that the ex-pilots stayed a while longer, and they did of course; it was just too hard to say no to Quatre.

It was late when everyone -besides them- left. Quatre and Relena went to bed, Trowa disappeared, as did Wufei and Heero, and Duo took a walk.

~~~

(Duo)

It was cold, but it didn't bother me. I needed out. I'd seen them. I didn't talk to them, but I saw them. Heero staring at Wufei when he thought no one was looking. Wufei standing guard whenever anyone would try to talk to Heero. And at dinner... I shuddered remembering.

During Quatre's announcement, while everyone was looking away, Heero calmly slipped his hands under the table, a few seconds' later Wufei's eyes widened.

I don't even want to know...

*I can't let it get to me, especially now that I'm spending a week here. Why did I agree to it anyway? Stupid Quatre with the eyes.*

I jumped as I felt some thing on my leg, tripping on it in the process. I heard a small mew from a confused cat. I sat up, rubbing my arm where I landed.

"What are you doing here?" I asked the little fur ball.

It jumped in my lap and started purring and rubbing against my stomach.

"Do I know you?" I ask the little kitty.

It looked up and mewed.

I sighed and started petting it, looking up at the stars. "You know what kitty? I love the earth. All you can see from the colonies is metal. I rarely got to see the stars, or the moon, but even then...it's just not the same"

I lied back, letting the cat crawl up and settle on my chest. "Ahh, the night is so beautiful. Hey what is that over there?"

I saw some bushes rustle close by. The kitty mewed in protest as I got up to investigate. As I got closer I heard voices.

"What are we doing here, Chang? It's late, I want to go to bed."

I froze. *Great. I managed to avoid them for the whole day too.*

I could see them through the bush but they obviously didn't see me.

"Stop whining." Wufei had been walking but now he stopped and turned to Heero who was walking next to him. He smiled devilishly and pulled Heero to him by the waist.

"I said you'd pay, Yuy. No more of that crap you pulled in the car. And what were you thinking? The table is no place for-"

I'd seen enough. I ran towards the house as fast as I could. They didn't see me; they were too wrapped up in themselves.

~~~

"That went horribly!" Quatre collapsed on the bed face first, burying his head in his arms.

Relena sighed and frowned. She walked over, kneeled next to him and started rubbing his back. "Oh, it wasn't that bad," she said.

Quatre sat up quickly, "'Wasn't that bad'!? Did you see the look your brother gave me? Sure, he apologized after dinner but I'm pretty sure Miss Noin had to talk him into it. Oh and the announcement..." He fell to the bed once more. "I can give a speech to thousands of strangers but give me a handful of my dearest friends and a blubber like an idiot."

Relena sighed and lied down next to him so she could see his eyes. "It was hardly a handful, Quatre. Dinner wasn't that bad! It could have been a lot worse! Giving the numbers, and the people in question, we could have had an angry mob on our hands!"

Quatre laughed. "Yeah, I guess you're right."

Relena smiled brightly. "Of course I'm right!"

Quatre rolled his eyes and laughed.

Relena pushed him lightly, laughing too. "That wasn't meant to be funny."

~~~

Duo was taking fast gulps from a bottle when there was a knock at the door. He half-smiled and got up to open it.

"It's about time. I'm almost done with this one." he held out the bottle.

Trowa twitched the corner of his mouth in return. "I'm sorry to have kept you waiting. I had to find my own," he said showing off his 'stash'.

Duo nodded in approval. "Not bad, you'd better share. I know your day was bad but guess what I found?"

~II~ Chapter Two ~II~

~The Next Morning~

(Quatre)

I quietly hummed to myself while fishing in the refrigerator. Suddenly I felt arms wrap around my waist.

"Good morning honey," a voice said in my ear.

"Morning Relena," I said turning and greeting her properly.

"Ugh, get room." A voice said from behind us.

I pulled away from Relena to see a ruffled Heero. I smiled. "Speaking of rooms, remind me to get yours soundproofed."

He smirked smugly and walked around us grabbing some orange juice from the fridge. "We'll try to keep it down next time."

Relena wrinkled her nose. "You'd better, some people aren't as...energetic as you two. By the way, where is Wufei?"

Heero shrugged. "He wakes up early."

"I don't see how," Relena mumbled under her breath.

I turned back towards the fridge to hide my smile, while nudging Relena in the side.

Wufei showed up while I was fixing breakfast. He nodded shortly to Heero, and Relena started giggling. She stopped short when she got the 'Death Glare' from the both of them.

When it was done and we'd all sat down Relena asked: "Hey, where's Trowa and Duo?"

I shook my head. "I don't know. I haven't seen either of them all morning."

A split second later we all looked up. We sat looking at each other for a minute before shaking our heads.

"No," I said. "There's no way."

Breakfast was quiet after that.

~~~

(Trowa)

The first thing I noticed was light, very bright light. I groaned and tried to remember where I was.

There was a snore near me.

*Oh God!* I cracked open and eye but was blinded by the afore mentioned bright light. *Calm down, Trowa.* I blinked and tried to remember.

This is about when I noticed that I was fully clothed.

I sighed in relief.

I sat up slowly and looked around. I was in a room surrounded by empty bottles, with a sleeping -snoring- Duo across from me. I vaguely remembered coming in here. I got up and stumbled toward my room.

*I'll just sleep it off.*

~Fifth day~

(Duo)

It became a nightly thing. By the fourth night it got to where we would talk more and drink less. Trowa and I became good friends. Sure, I'd used to always call him my friend but now it was different. I could talk seriously to Trowa. I didn't need to be happy-go-lucky Duo Maxwell. I didn't even need to talk anymore. We could stay silent for hours. There was even this on time...

//Flashback//

Duo and Trowa were sitting at the kitchen table drinking tea. Just sitting silently, when Quatre walked past.

He stopped suddenly and turned to them. "What are you two doing?"

Trowa and Duo looked up.

Trowa shook his head. "What do you mean? We're drinking tea."

Quatre blinked at them for a few moments. He just kept looking at Trowa, then Duo, and then back again.

Trowa raised an eyebrow. "What's wrong?"

Quatre shook his head. "You answered me..." he pointed to Duo. "And you're just sitting there..."

Duo nodded. "Drinking tea."

Quatre shook his head and started walking away. Duo and Trowa looked at each other, shrugged and continued drinking.

//End Flashback//

~III~ Chapter Three ~III~

~Sixth night~

Duo waited by the door. They no longer needed alcohol. They just talked now. He smiled when he heard a light tap on the door.

He opened it, still smiling. "Hey buddy!"

The corners of Trowa's mouth lifted a little. Duo was working on it.

They'd been talking a while when Duo sighed. "I'm glad we came," he said.

Trowa nodded. "I have to admit it, I'm glad too."

Duo's face fell. "A few things are bothering me though."

Trowa turned to him.

Duo frowned. "I still haven't heard Wufei call Heero, Hee-chan. Heero didn't threaten to kill anyone and Relena hasn't once called Quatre's name off a cliff!"

Trowa's was making the oddest noise, almost like he was choking, his shoulders were shaking and the corners of his mouth were twitching like crazy.

"Trowa? You okay man?"

All the sudden Trowa seemed to explode laughing, Duo quickly joining in. [1]

When they'd caught their breath Duo turned to Trowa. "You know what Trowa?" he asked.

"Hmm?"

"I don't think I've ever seen you laugh."

Trowa looked at his hands still smiling.

Duo closed his eyes, resting his head in his arms and leaning on the wall. "You should do it more often, it completely changes your face."

Duo cracked an eye open to see Trowa looking off in to space. Something took over and he found himself reaching over.

"Trowa?"

Trowa looked at him. Duo reached up and brushed back his impossible bangs, his hand still behind his head, Duo pulled Trowa closer.

Trowa swallowed and leaned in.

Duo closed his eyes.

Their lips meet.

Still locked, Trowa got closer, placing his hand behind Duo's neck and deepening the kiss. They broke away suddenly, dropping their hands. Duo looked down and Trowa looked away.

"What was that?" Duo asked, his voice cracking.

"I don't know."

They were silent for a little while.

"I should go, it's getting late," Trowa said quickly.

"Yeah."

Trowa stood up and started to walk out. He hesitated at the door. "Duo?"

Duo shook his head. "You're right, it's getting late. I'll see you in the morning."

Trowa nodded. "Right." he closed the door lightly behind him.

Duo sat on the floor for a long time staring at the door.

*What was that?! I never... but...what was that?!*

He touched his lips.

*I kinda...*

He smiled.

*Liked it.*

~Seventh day~

"Bye!" Quatre waved to the other ex-pilots.

Duo held up a hand before driving off. Trowa sat silently next to him. They still hadn't talked about it.

"Trowa."

"Duo."

They spoke at the same time. Trowa looked away and Duo looked back at the road.

"Fine, I'll be the one to say it, what happened?" Duo asked.

Trowa shook his head, "I'm not sure. Did you...?" He let the sentence drop.

"I'm not sure either." Duo didn't answer the unfinished question.

Trowa stared out to the side.

"Trowa?"

"Yes?" he answered quickly.

"I don't know at this means."

"I think we know that already."

Duo smiled. "So we think about it?"

Trowa nodded.

The trip was silent after that.

~To be continued~

[1] Has this ever happened to you? It's either late at night or you've had too much sugar or something and someone says something that's only a little funny but you crack up like it was funniest thing in the world? Or is it just me?