Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Yaoi Challenge Reply: You've Got A Friend in Me ❯ Part Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: You've Got A Friend in Me

By: Nikki :-P or Nataku's Child

Archive: Anywhere is fine! Just tell me where ya are!

Pairings: Most definitely 2+3 (I wish I could write more!) 1x5, 4xR, no more 2+5 but lil' mentions of 3+4.

Rating: PG-13? (Really super safe siding here)

Genre: Romance and Humor mostly

Time: still after Endless Waltz

Key:

~~~ Scene change or break

-POV comment- like say Duo said: it took a while -because I got lost- if the scene is in third person it's just a comment by well...the third person.

(Point of view)

*Thoughts*

Warnings: Shounen-ai, Yaoi implications (the best I can do), non-yaoi, mild drinking, a little more bastard Wufei (so sorry), mild cursing but kind of a lot of it.

Disclaimer: ::sigh:: against all protests, Duo says I don't own him. Sad but true. I own a picture of him! And a button! But as for the character...sadly no. Don't sue me please? I only do this for my enjoyment and hopefully yours. I don't own the others either. Or the title, it's not mine.

You've Got A Friend in Me

Part Three

By Nikki :-P

~I~ Chapter One ~I~

(Trowa)

The car was silent, not the comfortable silence that we could stay in before. We didn't talk because we didn't know what to say, instead of no need to say it. He pulled up in to the parking lot of the circus.

"See ya Trowa," he said it without looking at me.

"Duo I..." I let it drop; I didn't know what I was going to say.

"Bye Duo." I got out, closed the door behind me and started to walk away.

~~~

(Duo)

*He's leaving! Say something! What? What do I say?!*

"Trowa?"

He stopped and turned his head slightly.

"Call me, okay?"

He nodded and started walking again.

I dropped my head on the top of the steering wheel. *Well that was smooth. I sounded desperate, even to myself.* I bounced my head once, sat up and drove away.

~~~

(Trowa)

Somewhere far away from my thoughts I heard Duo drive away. I inwardly sighed, not letting anything show on my face.

"Trowa!" I could hear Cathy calling but that wasn't important, I needed to get home.

I closed my trailer door behind me and sat at my table. Moments later my door bursts open and slams shut.

"Trowa! What is wrong with you? Didn't you hear me calling?" Cathy yells at me while I sit looking at her blankly. "What's wrong? First you come home in the middle of night, and then you stay in your trailer for days until the party and just now you come home without even saying hi! What's happening?"

I pull up a chair next to me and she falls in to it.

"I'm sorry Cathy, I don't know what's gotten in to me."

She frowned. "Yes you do. Trowa, you used to tell me everything, what's up?"

I looked away. "Where do you want me to start?"

She sighed and stood up. "The beginning. I'll make some tea."

I sighed and told her what happened up until I left.

"Quatre and Relena? Huh. Are you ok? I-I know how you, you know, felt about him."

I never straight out told her about my feelings for Quatre, but I guess when you're around someone as much as we are, you learn how to read the signs, like how she has a thing for the manager. [1]

I smiled slightly. "Yeah, I had someone to talk to." I closed my eyes, trying to remember the nights I'd talk to Duo until we fell asleep.

I told her the rest in pieces, not telling her about kissing Duo.

"So what's bothering you? Sounds like you and Duo became good friends." She sat a cup of tea in front of me.

I brought my mug up to my lips, blowing gently. "Yes, we did."

She slammed her mug on the table causing some of the liquid to splash out. "Spit it out all ready! What happened? Every time he's mentioned you get this...well if I didn't know you better I'd say it was a grin."

Again she sensed it. Anyone else wouldn't have noticed.

*This could get annoying.*

"We kissed," I said quietly.

Her mouth dropped open. "How? No wait, I mean...what?"

I put down my mug, closed my eyes and leaned back in my seat. "We kissed."

She didn't talk for a minute so I opened an eye to look at her. She kept opening her mouth to say something and then closing it.

She shook her head and finally asked: "what happened exactly?"

I could feel myself almost blushing, almost smiling but I didn't, it wasn't me. "I don't know. We were talking and he just...kissed me."

Catherine sighed. "I almost forgot, you're the king of understatement. You can't explain any better?"

I shook my head.

"Fine. Well, he kissed you right?"

I looked up at her. "I think so."

She rolled her eyes. "You 'think so'? Well while you're thinking about it, I'm making lunch."

She got up and walked over to the fridge. "Wait...why is there only crackers in the refridge? Where'd all the food go?"

She turned to me and I groaned. "I ate the last of it a while ago."

She sighed and said something about 'skin and bones' before closing the door and coming to sit at the table again.

"Really Trowa, it's not healthy. Anyway, what happened after?" She smiled and put her elbows on the table, resting her chin on her hands.

I shrugged. "Nothing."

"'Nothing'?!"

"It was late, I said I had to go to bed."

She looked at me shocked. "You did what?"

"Stop looking at me like I'm an idiot."

"You are! Why did you do that? Don't you like him?"

I shook my head. "It's not that. I do like him. It's just..."

"You didn't know it," she finished my sentence.

I nodded.

"So? Did you guy's talk?"

I nodded again. "We're going to think about it, he said to call him."

She clapped once. "Perfect!"

She ran over to the vid-phone and was about to push a button when I caught her hand. "What are you doing?!"

She rolled her eyes. "Calling Duo of course! He doesn't live far right? He's probably home by now."

I shook my head. "But..."

She took her hand away. "Oh come on! Please don't tell me you're having doubts! I know you too well Trowa, you can't hide it from me! You like him, I saw it when you were talking about 'The Kiss'"

I crossed my arms. "It's already 'The Kiss'?"

She nodded. "Right" She started to push the button again but I caught her. "Trowa!"

"Not yet."

She looked me, frowning. "Fine, but promise you'll call him."

"Come on, let's go get something to eat." I started walking out.

"Trowa! Promise me!"

"You're the one saying I need to eat." I was all ready out the door.

She ran after me. "Trowa!"

~II~ Chapter Two ~II~

(Duo)

I sat staring at the vid-phone.

*It's been three weeks, two days and five hours. Why didn't he call? He thinks it was a mistake. He doesn't want to see me again. Maybe I should call him. Maybe he doesn't want to be the one to call. Maybe I should...*

I shook my head.

*I can't do this to myself. Calm down.*

I drummed my fingers on the counter.

*I wish I could talk to Trowa.* I laughed. *Yeah talk to Trowa about himself, 'hey Trowa? Do you think Trowa's ignoring me? Do you think Trowa hates me?' that would be great.*

"Ring!" I yelled at the phone.

*I wish someone would call. Anyone! No. I can't talk to anyone. I love Hilde and all but anytime I try act serious she looks at me like I'm sick or something. Heero and Wufei hate me, then I again I could never really talk to Heero anyway. I could talk to Quatre? No. How could I explain? 'Well you see, Trowa was in love with you and I was in love with Wufei, so we started talking about how idiotic y'all were'. Yeah just break Quatre's heart while giving away Trowa's secret.*

"Stop thinking!"

I growled before getting up and leaving.

~~~

(Trowa)

I lifted the flap of the circus tent, walking back to my trailer to change.

"Trowa?"

I turn to see Cathy running after me. I stopped to let her catch up.

When she had she asked: "Trowa, what's wrong?"

"Nothing." I started walking again.

"Don't give me that! You made three mistakes out there!" she yelled.

"People make mistakes."

"You don't!" She ran in front of me putting her fists on her hips. "You never used to make mistakes! You can talk to me, what's wrong?"

I walked around her. "Nothing, I'm fine. I'm going out, don't wait up."

~~~

(Duo)

It was still early, only seven, but I needed a drink. I walked into the familiar smoke filled bar. After I sucked down a few glasses I started to calm down.

"Hey, weren't you the one with the friend? You both had love troubles?" the bartender asked.

I laughed. "You probably just described half the people in here, but yeah."

"Oh, well I was wondering what happened to you guys. He's come in here a few times but I haven't seen you since. I tried asking him but he didn't seem up to talking."

I nodded. "Yeah, that's Trowa all right. You said he comes in here?"

The bartender nodded. "Sure, every once in a while."

"So he's not dead."

The bartender looked confused. "What?"

"Never mind. Give me another." I didn't feel like explaining, yet.

A few drinks later -I lost track of time- I heard the door open and close. I heard the person come up behind me and stop. "So, here we are again."

I turned around. "Trowa?"

He nodded. "Well, I guess we should talk."

He got his own drink and we sat at a table in the back.

"I'm sorry I didn't call," he apologized.

I shook my head. "Don't worry about it, I could have too."

Uncomfortable silence.

"So Quatre's wedding is next month," I said, trying to make conversation.

He nodded.

"Are you going?"

He looked out the window. "I think so. He asked me to be his best man."

I laughed. "Yeah, me too. I guess he plans on it being all of us."

He nodded. "He probably didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings."

"Same old Quatre."

There was a slight flutter in his face, a suppressed smile.

"I missed talking to you." the alcohol must have been working; I didn't know I had said it out laud.

This time he really did smile. "I missed talking to you too."

"Come on," he said, getting up. "Let's go take a walk."

I nodded and stood up. "Sounds good."

It didn't really, I was just so happy to be talking to someone, -I mean really talking to someone- to say no. We paid our bills and walked out in to the cool night.

"I think it was just an experiment. You know, we were just curious, nothing more," I said after we'd been walking a while.

"I think your right," he agreed with a nod.

"Too bad it took so long to figure it out," I added.

"Yes," he agreed. "But better late then never. Now we can go to Quatre's wedding."

I stretched and yawned. "Yep! I feel better now."

"Me too," He said quietly.

We walked back to our cars and I started to get into mine he stopped me.

"No, I'm driving you home. You're drunk."

I blinked at him. "But you-"

"Only had two sips of apple juice, you weren't paying attention."

I laughed and got into his car.

~~~

(Relena)

"Relena!" Quatre came running in.

I turned around just as he picked me up and spun me around. He's stronger then he looks.

"What is it?" I asked, surprised.

He had seemed a little sad lately. I thought it was just cold feet, I thought he was nervous about the wedding.

He put me down, still laughing. "Trowa and Duo are coming! They're gonna be in it!"

I shook my head. "Th-thats great Quatre, but aren't you over reacting just a bit?"

Quatre shook his head. "You don't get it! They were mad at me before but now they're fine!" His eyes were shining.

I shook my head. "Honey, you need to calm down and explain."

He took a deep breath. "Trowa and Duo have been mad at me for months, I'm not sure why Duo was but I think Trowa was mad about finding out. But anyway they called around the same time saying they'd love to be in the wedding." he spit out the whole sentience in less then ten seconds.

It took me a while to get all of it straight. "What do you mean they were mad at you?" I asked finally, remembering the bear hug Duo had greeted Quatre with.

Quatre shook his head. "I could sense it. Anyway, that doesn't matter! They're coming! We have so much to do! Catherine and Hilde are coming too!" He whisked me away, saying something about more planning.

~III~ Chapter Three ~III~

(Trowa)

"Hey! Trowa! Catherine! Come on! Lets get this show on the road! ...No offense!" Duo yelled.

"What does he mean 'no offense'?" Cathy asked.

I shook my head, laughing. "Never mind." I zipped my bag. "Come on!" I grabbed her wrist and ran towards the car.

"Hold up! I need to get my bag!"

When we got to the car, Hilde jumped in back. "Hey Cathy! Come on, we got back. You missed the party! You'll never guess what Dorothy told me..." Hilde started talking 95 miles an hour while Cathy jumped in the back seat.

"Hello Duo," I said sitting next to him.

He flashed a blinding smile. "Hey Trowa! You ready for the shindig?"

I nodded. "Of course."

"Right. Let's go!" He pulled on some sunglasses and sped forward.

"Duo slow down!" Hilde yelled over the rushing wind.

"Life's to short to watch it fly babe!" he answered. [2]

"What's that supposed to mean?!" She yelled back.

Duo laughed. "It means hold on!" he said speeding up.

~~~

Hilde and Catherine took over the front while Trowa and Duo slept in back.

"So what's up with them?" Hilde asked Cathy.

"What do you mean?"

"Well just look," she said pointing her thumb towards the back.

Catherine looked back to see Trowa leaning back against the seat, asleep with Duo leaning slightly on his shoulder.

Cathy smiled. "I don't know, Trowa said they're good friends, that's all."

Hilde nodded. "Duo said the same thing."

"Do you think they're lying?" Catherine asked.

Hilde shook her head. "Naw, Duo has something against lies. But..." She looked back at them quickly. "I think they'd be a cute couple."

Catherine nodded her head, giggling. "Yeah, they would."

~IV~ Chapter Four ~VI~

"This is nice stuff!" Duo said admiring the fabric that would eventually be his tux.

Quatre smiled. "Well, between me and Relena we pretty much have unlimited funds."

Duo whistled as the tailor measured him. "So how's it going?" he asked.

Quatre sighed, rubbing his temples. "I feel like we've just started. There's still so much to do and we only have two more weeks!"

Trowa walked out of a side room dressed in a trial tux.

"Don't worry! It'll work out! Hey Trowa!" Duo turned to him. "Lookin' good!"

Trowa smiled. "Thanks." He winced. "It's a little tight though. I have to go." He turned and started walking stiffly back where he'd come from.

Duo watched him go with a half smile.

Quatre looked at him, smiling slightly. "So, you and Trowa have become pretty close lately, huh?"

Duo shook his head and looked away from the retreating figure. "Huh? Oh, yeah we're best buds." He looked down, suddenly interested in the tailor.

"Are you two-"

"Were just friends Quatre," Duo cut in sternly.

"Oh." he didn't look at all convinced.

"Where are Wufei and Heero? They went to go try on a half hour ago," Duo asked trying to change the subject.

Quatre shook his head. "I don't know."

Trowa walked in wearing his own clothes.

"Hey Trowa, have you seen Wufei or Heero?" Quatre asked.

"Yeah. They're..." he smiled and cleared his throat "...busy."

Duo snorted and rolled his eyes. "God! can't they go five minutes without jumping in each other's pants!"

Quatre burst in to a fit of giggles. Soon they were all turning red.

"What's wrong with you?" They all stopped abruptly at the sound of Heero's voice.

They looked up to see Heero and Wufei looking at them questioningly.

"N-nothing," Quatre said trying to hold back, Duo burst again though and he couldn't hold it anymore. Quatre and Duo were soon on the floor.

Heero shook his head. "Whatever."

~V~ Chapter Five ~V~

~Two Weeks Later~

The wedding was elaborately beautiful.

As Quatre had said, they had almost unlimited funds, nothing was too expensive for the former queen of the world and the heir to the Winner fortune.

The ceremony was set in the early morning, as the sun rose. Millrardo walked Relena up the isle to stand beside Quatre. Bathed in the sunlight of the rising sun they stood, glistening eyes only on each other.

"I will." as Quatre said the words the moisture that had built up in his eyes fell in a single tear. He brushed it aside, still smiling.

"I will," Relena whispered, ignoring how much her voice shook at the simple yet powerful words.

"...I now pronounce you man and wife, you may kiss the bride."

The church erupted in cheers and applause as the couple sealed they're vows.

[3]

~~~

Two large doors were thrown open in the large Winner mansion.

"It is my great honor to announce Mr. and Mrs. Quatre Raberba Winner!" Rashid announced as the couple emerged from the open doors.

Laud applause and yelling from the entire Maguanac corp., whistles from Duo Maxwell and polite applause from, well everyone else, filled the large ballroom.

Poor Quatre, who was immediately enveloped in a mob of Magunac's, never even saw him coming...

"Q-man!" the next thing Quatre knew he was two inches off the ground in a ferocious bear hug. "You did it my man! I can't believe you're hitched!" Duo said, putting him down.

Quatre shook his head. "I can't really either."

Duo winked. "Mission Complete," he said quietly.

Quatre's eyes widened as he felt himself being lifted up.

"Good job keeping him busy Maxwell."

He was lifted on to a pair of shoulders.

"Heero! Wufei! Put me down!" Quatre yelled, though he was laughing.

"Not a chance," Heero said simply.

"Besides," Wufei added. "Your wife's busy right now anyway."

Quatre looked back to see Relena being swallowed up in a band of chattering girls.

The odd procession continued on they're journey with Duo in front parting the crowed. "Out of the way! Comin' through!"

Trowa followed behind laughing silently.

~~~

Breakfast (remember this is early morning) was uneventful, as were the speeches -which took a bit, considering that all the braids maids, five best men, half the Magunac corp., and a few of Quatre's sisters, wanted to speak- so we'll skip to after when the bands starts to play, 'kay?

~~~

Quatre finally got Trowa away from the rest enough to talk to him. "Trowa we need to talk."

Trowa gave him a confused look. "About what?"

"I know you were mad at me," Quatre started. "I wanted to say, that I'm sorry about not telling you about Relena. You're my best friend, you were the first person I was going to tell, but I wanted it to be a surprise. I guess it was." Quatre looked down. "I'm sorry you found out the way you did."

He looked up sharply when he heard Trowa laugh. "What's so funny?"

*And since when does Trowa laugh?* Quatre thought.

Trowa shook his head, still smiling. "Don't worry about it. It's fine." He said, still smiling.

Quatre sighed. "I'm so glad, you know-"

"Trowa!" Duo came running up, cutting off Quatre.

Trowa smiled as the braided baka grabbed his arm and started pulling him away. "Come on! I'm gonna teach ya how to dance!"

"What?!" Trowa turned back to Quatre. "I'm sorry! I'll talk to you later!"

Quatre smiled as Trowa tried to twist out of Duo's grip.

"He's changed so much," Quatre breathed.

Someone cleared their throat behind him.

He turned and his smile grew. "Relena! How'd you get away?"

Relena sighed and walked closer to loop her arm around Quatre's. "Noin and Sally are fending them off for me," she said.

Quatre laughed. "Shall we dance my lady?"

Relena smiled and kissed him gently on the cheek. "Lead the way my lord."

~~~

"Stop that."

Wufei turned to look at Heero. "Stop what?"

Heero closed his eyes and leaned against the wall they were standing next to. "You're staring at them again."

Wufei looked back at the dancing Trowa and Duo, smirking slightly. "Why? Are you jealous?"

Heero cracked open his eyes and looked sideways at the Chinese man. "Of course not," he said. "I can get your attention anytime I want it."

Wufei lifted an eyebrow. "Is that so?"

Heero smirked and pushed off the wall. "Of course."

~~~

Duo sighed. "No, now you just look stupid."

Trowa sighed and dropped his arms.

The lessons weren't going well, to say the least.

"I don't see how you can do this," he said.

Duo shook his head. "I didn't know it was that hard."

Dancing couples surrounded them while the two stood in silence. The song finally changed to a slower one and Duo sighed.

"That's better. Here," he said holding a hand out. "I know you can do this much."

Trowa hesitated slightly before taking it.

~~~

"Now really! Who are they kidding?" Sally asked, flinging her hand towards Duo and Trowa.

Noin shook her head. "I don't know if they're even fooling themselves."

As they watched, Trowa whispered something in Duo's ear, he laughed, dropping his head on Trowa's shoulder. It stayed there for a while, until Duo lifted it sharply, bumping into Trowa's -which had lowered slightly- Duo looked straight at them and then turned back to Trowa.

Noin and Sally started laughing.

"Yes," Noin nodded. "We saw that!"

~~~

But that wasn't what Duo was wondering.

"Is it just me or is everyone watching us?" he asked.

Trowa shook his head, rubbing the spot Duo hit. "It's just your imagination."

~~~

A little while later:

Heero and Wufei were nowhere in site.

Relena was, yet again swallowed by the 'chattering girls of doom'.

Noin was trying to get Millrardo to dance.

Sally had gotten a little tipsy and started flirting with Rashid.

Hilde and Dorothy had recruited Catherine and were standing in the corner giggling and pointing.

And Duo was flirting with one of the waiters as Trowa watched from a table.

"Okay, what's wrong with you?"

Trowa looked up at Quatre who had just sat next to him. "What do you mean?" Trowa asked, looking back to Duo.

Quatre rolled his eyes. "I mean that if I were that waiter I'd be wetting my pants right about now."

Trowa didn't say anything so Quatre continued. "So are you-"

"We're friends." Trowa cut in.

Quatre sighed. "Are you sure? Trowa you can talk to me. What's up? All you say is that you 'just friends' but-"

Trowa cut in again. "Mind you own business Quatre."

Quatre winced at the harsh words. After a minute he started to get up to leave.

"No stop Quatre. I'm sorry I just..." Trowa trailed off.

Quatre sat back down, though he still looked hurt. "No, I'm sorry I had no right to ask."

Trowa reached over and grabbed his hand. "No. I'm sorry, you're just trying to be a good friend."

~~~

Duo waved to the waiter, who had insisted that he had to get back to work. He half smiled and then turned to find Trowa. He stopped. Trowa was sitting at a table, his hand on Quatre's. Trowa said something, Quatre nodded and Trowa withdrew his hand.

Something came over him. Duo set his jaw and walked over as fast as he could. When he got there he plastered on a fake smile.

Quatre smiled up at him. "Hey Duo!"

Duo nodded quickly and turned to Trowa. "Can I talk to you?"

Trowa nodded and followed him.

~~~

Duo led him in to a hallway off of the main room. When he got to where no one was around, Duo dropped the fake smile and turned to Trowa, furious.

"What was that?" He asked, getting close to yelling.

Trowa looked at him questioningly. "'What was' what?"

Duo flung a hand back to where they'd come from. "That! Holding Quatre's hand!"

Trowa clenched his fists and closed his eyes, trying to stay calm. "Quatre's my friend. He was upset and I was just trying to-"

"Bull!" Duo cut in. "What? You thought you'd get brownie points for making him feel better? He's married for god's sake, Trowa!"

Trowa's eyes snapped open, blazing. "What about you!? Practically fling yourself at that waiter! It was sickening!"

"What does it matter to you anyway?! We're 'just friends' right?!" Duo yelled back.

They stared at each other for what seemed like hours.

Finally Trowa turned around and started walking away. "Right."

He could hear Duo sigh behind him.

"Damn," Duo cursed under his breath before grabbing Trowa's arm.

Trowa turned to stare straight in to violet eyes.

Duo was shaking, his hands still holding Trowa's arms.

"Damnit-damnit-damnit," he said quickly under his breath.

*We've gone this far, no going back now,* Trowa thought before leaning down, kissing Duo lightly, but he backed away quickly.

Duo rolled his eyes and pulled Trowa back for a deeper more passionate kiss.

Trowa could feel his knees weaken. He leaned against the nearest wall for support, never breaking the kiss. After what seemed like only moments, Duo broke away. He kept his arms around Trowa's neck, dropping his head onto his chest to hide his nervousness from the green-eyed man. Silent moments passed while Duo hid in the dark folds of Trowa's Tux.

Duo clung to the silent Trowa as his heart tore apart. "Say something Trowa." the whispered plea almost went unheard.

"Duo..."

"Damn it," Duo cursed under his breath again at Trowa's tone.

"Duo-"

"I'm sorry Trowa. I shouldn't have done that I-"

"Duo!"

Duo continued talking as if Trowa didn't interrupt, "-don't know what came over me. I'm sorry. I know-"

"If you'd just shut your mouth for a minute Maxwell, maybe the man could answer," said a voice that was definitely not Trowa.

Duo turned sharply to face Wufei. "What do you want?"

Wufei smirked. "Polite as always. I was asked to let you know that they're going to cut the cake, but I see now that you two are...busy."

"Yes," Duo replied in a tone similar to the one Wufei was using. "So if you don't mind."

Wufei turned and started to walk away before saying: "not at all."

After the Chinese ex-pilot disappeared around the corner Duo sighed and turned to Trowa, eyes cast down, "Trowa I-"

"No." Trowa walked over to him and placed his hand under Duo's chin forcing him to look in to his eyes. "I'm glad you did, I never would have," He kissed him lightly.

"Y-you mean?" Duo stammered.

Trowa smiled. "Yeah. Come on." he slipped away from the wall, grabbing Duo's wrist. "Let's go get some cake!" Trowa began running back toward the party.

Duo didn't have time to react before they were swallowed up by the crowed.

~~~

"What are you smiling at?" Heero asked as Wufei walked up to stand next to him to watch Quatre and Relena.

Wufei smirked. "I tell you later."

*Good for you, Maxwell,* Wufei thought, still smiling.

~VI~ Chapter Six ~VI~

Duo stomped upstairs. *Goddamn Trowa! I hate him!*

Servants swerved out of Duo's way. He was looking more like death then the poor people wanted to see.

Trowa had disappeared after the cake cutting and Duo hadn't been able to find him since.

*Stupid Trowa! He's doing this to me! I hate him!*

*How could he just leave like that? No explanation at all! Just-*

He reached his door and practically kicked it open. He didn't bother to switch on the lights; he just wanted to fall into bed.

"Is something wrong?" a voice spoke from his left.

Duo spun around. "Trowa!" he said happily before remembering he was mad.

*I hate him.*

He crossed his arms starring at Trowa, who was casually lounging in one of the armchairs in Duo's room.

"Where did you go?" he asked finally.

Trowa frowned. "I wanted to think. I couldn't with all those people around. Besides..." he said getting up and walking over. "I wanted to be here when you got back. We always met in your room."

Duo sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. "There you go, gettin' all romantic on me."

Trowa laughed and step a little closer, closing the gap between them.

Duo frowned. "You know I'm still mad at you." He crossed his arms again.

Trowa smirked and leaned down until he was just inches away from Duo's lips. "Really?" he asked.

"Damn you." Duo pulled him down the rest of the way.

Their kiss was somewhat awkward since they were half giggling. All of the sudden, Duo seemed to notice his situation.

He was in his room.

Kissing Trowa.

And the lights were still off.

He pulled away quickly, getting a confused look from Trowa. Duo crossed his arm over his chest, grabbing his other arm, unconsciously barring off Trowa.

"I-I don't think, I mean that it's late and well..." He glanced at Trowa but quickly looked down. "I'm not sure I want to..."

After a moment of silence Duo felt warm arms wrap around his shoulders and heard a voice whisper in his ear: "I'd never dream of doing anything you didn't want to. Come on," Trowa said, pulling back and tipping a head towards the bed. "Let's go talk"

Duo nodded and smiled brightly.

They talked until they were both silent. Duo had fallen a sleep wrapped in Trowa's arms, smiling.

[4]

~To be continued~

[1] Is it just me or is it sad that this guy doesn't have a name? *Update* when I first sent this Euterpe reviewed and suggested the name Philip, I liked it so now in all my fics he is Philip.

[2] Superman by Goldfinger from Tony Hawk Pro Skater: "Life's to short to watch it fly"

[3] How's that for meaningless fluff?

[4] Well then how about some more?