Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Yaruki--Determination ❯ Pass the Butter ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Pairings: 1x5, 3x4, 2xYuu

Warnings: Yaoi, fluff, swearing, just plain ol' weirdness

Rating: PG-13

Notes: This is just a fic that I'm writing for the very hell of it. It's sorta AU, and it won't make a lot of sense if you haven't read Saikou no Shiawase (cause you won't know who Yuu is). Milly should like it. Well...maybe. ^_^

Disclaimer: Now, since I am a poor widdle Chibi, you won't want to sue me. On top of that, I don't own Gundam Wing, nor do I claim that I do, (Well...does dreaming count? O_o) so you have no reason to. Yay. Me technically own this fic. No steal. If steal you be bad. Hate you forever. >_<

'Think'
"Talk"
~~~time passes~~~
***flash backs***

######################################################### ######

When Wufei woke up on the third day of the two weeks that he and Hiro were forced to take part of, he jumped up out of bed quickly. He had had enough fun with Starfish-Hiros in the morning to last him a lifetime, thank you very much. After eyeing Hiro to make sure that the other dark haired man wasn't going to make any sudden movements, Wufei backed up cautiously from the bed, and out of the room. Once he was completely clear of the bedroom, Wufei breathed normally again. 'Well, that could have been worse...' Wufei thought gratefully. He walked to the kitchen, and opened the mini-fridge. All of the supplies that they had used in the cooking expedition had been replaced sometime yesterday. Shoving aside bad memories of laundry, Wufei began to think of what to cook for breakfast...

Whilst Wufei labored in the kitchen, Hiro Yui woke up. The first thing that he realized was that Wufei was definitely *not* in the bed. The second thing was that there was the smell of food in the air, and judging by his smelling techniques, it was something *good*. 'My guess would be that Chang is cooking...'

Hiro sighed and climbed out of bed, and went groggily to the closet that held their clothes for the days they would spend there. Today's outfit was a button up deep navy blue long sleeved silk shirt, with a pair of black cargo shorts that reached past his knees. Hiro left the top four buttons on the top and bottom of the shirt undone purposefully, and wore the cargo shorts with the blue belt that he found hanging in the corner of the closet. He also noted that Wufei had left the room still in the "pajamas" from last night. 'Well, that will certainly be in-...was I just going to think "interesting"? Since *when* do I find other men in Speedo's "interesting"?' Hiro thought, frowning. Still lost in thought, he wandered out of the bedroom and into the living room/dining room where Wufei was placing their food on the table.

"Good morning, Yui." Wufei said, inclining his head in Hiro's general direction, and he sat down at the table and waited for Hiro to join him before he started eating.

"Morning Wufei." Hiro said without thinking, and Wufei's head snapped up. 'Did...he just call me by my first name?' Wufei asked himself, which doesn't do much good, cause if he has to ask himself then that means that he doesn't know, so asking yourself it sorta pointless...but, whatever. The point is that Wufei didn't believe that Hiro had just called him by his first name, since they almost *always* referred to each other by their last names. Hiro looked at Wufei questioningly after Wufei had raised his head so suddenly.

"Something wrong Chang?" Hiro asked quietly. Wufei flushed slightly, and shook his head.

"No, I'm fine." Hiro acknowledged Wufei's statement of his well being with a nod. As he silently continued on with his breakfast, he was inwardly kicking himself...repeatedly.

'Yui, you are a moron. First, you start to think that seeing him in a Speedo is "interesting", and then you call him by his first name...yeah, Wufei isn't going to suspect *anything* is up...right. This is getting out of hand. I *refuse* to believe that I find Wufei, gah, CHANG is attractive, intelligent, etc.' Hiro said to himself, even though, he admitted in a very small and very quiet voice inside the deep depths of his mind that Wufei really *was* attractive and was *very* intelligent...and many of those other "etc.s" that Hiro had chosen to leave out. 'Great, that doesn't sound like I'm in denial or anything. Which, I'm not by the way. I'm just stating all these things to get my feelings straight. GAH. That wasn't poor phrasing or anything...' Hiro frowned and growled at himself. Wufei raised an eyebrow.

'Umm...did Hiro, gack now he's got *me* doing it, Yui just growl at me? That is *not* safe if he did...oh, so very not safe.' Wufei thought warily, trying very hard to just focus on finishing his expertly prepared omelet.

"Will you please pass the butter?" Hiro asked serenely. Wufei jumped. This time, it was Hiro's turn (they're taking turns now are they?) to raise an eyebrow.

"Umm...sure." Wufei said, and handed Hiro the butter in such a way that their hands would be forced to touch. At skin-to-skin contact though, both dropped the plate with the slab of butter on it.

"GAH!" Wufei yelled out and moved away from the shattering porcelain. Hiro remained motionless. That is, until Wufei doubled over in pain.

"Wufei?!" Hiro asked concerned.

"I'm...fine. It's just the bruises and stuff I got from yesterdays...thing." Wufei said, wishing he hadn't moved so fast. He winced in pain as not only one of the cuts on his legs started bleeding again, but also as he realized that he had a shard of porcelain in his right palm.

"Let me see that." Hiro said, suddenly at Wufei's side, gesturing at Wufei's hand. Wufei grudgingly allowed Hiro to inspect his palm. After all, Hiro wasn't known for being gentle with wounds...

"Uh...don't yank it out or anything..." Wufei said, belatedly.

"I already did." Hiro said, showing the piece of porcelain to Wufei. Wufei was startled. 'Uhh...when did that happen? I didn't feel *anything*. Well, I felt Hiro poking around my hand...but, nothing that could constitute as removing a piece of plate.' Wufei thought, and then he started to flush slightly as he realized that Hiro still hadn't let go of his hand. As if on cue, Hiro let Wufei's hand drop down.

"Are you injured anywhere else?" Hiro asked, looking pointedly at Wufei's leg. Wufei looked away, but nodded. He let Hiro explore the bandages that Wufei had hastily put over the cuts he had gotten from the day before. Hiro frowned at the numerous bruises, but all he did was change Wufei's bandages with more skill than Wufei had shown.

"Umm...thanks." Wufei said, his face still a little warm from the close contact that had occurred with Hiro checking on his wounds. Hiro merely nodded. Wufei coughed nervously, and then stood up suddenly, Hiro backed away back to his seat.

"I'll...go, get dressed." Wufei said, already half way to the bedroom. Hiro made a sound of agreement, and when he heard the door to the bedroom shut, he slapped himself.

'HIRO YUI!! YOU BAKA. BAKA. BAKA. BAKA. BAKA. You should be shot. Killed. Murdered. Obliterated. Abolished. Destroyed.' Hiro went down the list of words that had to do with him departing from life quickly, finally stopping and taking a deep breath. 'What the hell was that? Why the *hell* am I suddenly *so* worried about Wufei, er, Chang. Even during the *war* I didn't care this much...in fact, I barely cared at all. Okay, yes, with the Preventer work that we both had to do, we got closer, and I'll have to admit, that he is a good partner...ACK. Wrong phrasing. Yeah, and I'll admit, that we are definitely friends, and I also have to admit that I'm glad that we are, but I refuse to adm-gah...to feel any...physical attraction, or otherwise, towards him.' Hiro was starting to blush even *thinking* about it. He had been a little *too* helping, if you know what I mean. If you don't, you have a horrible attention span and I'm afraid that you are going to have to re-read this entire chapter, possibly this entire fanfic. U_U

Back in the bedroom, Wufei was contemplating what had happened. No, that's the wrong word. "Contemplating" is for calm, serious thinking that is at least mildly constructive. Wufei's thinking was none of those.

'What the fucking shit was all that about? Since *when* does Yui care so much about a couple cuts, bruises, shards of thingies in my hand, etc?! He must be on drugs...very delusional, and mind-altering drugs. Yes. That is what it is. I refuse to believe that Yui is 1.A changed man or 2.He lik-er...no. I will *not* even *consider* that option. There is no way that it is possible. Yui's straight. Yes. Yui=straight. Straight. Straight.' A little voice that seems to follow people around and point out the weirdest things, said to Wufei that he sounded like he was in denial. 'I am *NOT* in denial. No. I'm not. If I was in denial, then I would be in denial. Which I'm not. So, hah. I'm not some sort of onna who jumps to conclusions. Yui is *straight*, and is on drugs.' Doesn't jump to conclusions? Since when is *Hiro* on drugs? The little voice said to Wufei, who made it into a chibi-Relena, and then smashed it with a giant hammer. 'I'm not jumping to conclusions. That's simply the only logical explanation.' Wufei said in his mind to the now Squashed-Flat-As-A-Pancake-That-Milly's-Mom-Makes-Chibi-Relena-Annoying-Voi ce-That-Tells-You-All-The-Things-That-You-Don't-Want-To-Hear.

Taki ng a deep breath, to calm himself, Wufei waltzed over the closet with an air that said two things: 1. Wufei had just let loose some gas, and 2. He was obviously thinking 'Now that *that* is resolved. Although, in some ways, we don't necessarily know whether or not he was referring to the Hiro-Issue, the S-F-A-A-P-T-M-M-M-C-R-A-V-T-T-Y-A-T-T-T-Y-D-W-T-H, or the fart. So, pick one and let's move on. (Just so you know, I picked the Hiro-Issue, although the fart was in a close second, but that's just because the other one was too damn long.)

Wufei's outfit was similar to Hiro's, but substantially different so it didn't look like they were dressing alike or anything freaky-odd. He had a dark maroon button-up T-shirt, with dark blue jeans that were on the baggy side this time. Wufei left the two top buttons undone, just for the hell of it. As he was looking in the mirror, checking his tight-ass ponytail, he could have *sworn* that he saw Duo's long braid. In fact, he did. Go figure.

'I swear that I just saw Duo's long braid.' (See? What'd I tell you? If you can't remember, then just look up a couple of lines, you'll see it. I have complete faith in you. Well...sorta.) Wufei wrinkled his brow in confusion, because when he turned around, he saw nothing. Not a Shinagami in sight. Wufei narrowed his already narrow eyes, so really, you kinda have to wonder how he still saw out of them clearly, and scanned the room. Nothing.

'Hmm...too bad he's not me, and me stripping off all my clothes really quick and then streaking around the room won't give him a nose-bleed from the sheer obscenity of the action, because then I would see the blood squirt out and find out where the suckers hiding.' Wufei thought regretfully. Even *thinking* about thinking about the act made him blush slightly. 'Tsuuu...the injustice of it all...' Wufei thought, walking back out to the living room. Unfortunately for Wufei, Hiro was entering the room at the time that Wufei was exiting. Did I fail to mention that Hiro pushed open the door and Wufei closed it?

"Chang? Chang? Are you awake again?" Hiro asked, his voice barely rising enough to indicate that he was asking a question.

"Whaaa?" Wufei managed to moan out. His head was killing him...much like he would like to do to the S-F-A-A-P-T-M-M-M-C-R-A-V-T-T-Y-A-T-T-T-Y-D-W-T-H, who was no longer squashed like a pancake that Milly's mom makes, so it's know just the: C-R-A-V-T-T-Y-A-T-T-T-Y-D-W-T-H, which, by the way, was screaming on and on about Hiro. Wufei was skillfully ignoring it.

"Good. You're awake." Hiro said blandly, and he got out of the chair that he had been waiting in that he had dragged in from the kitchen after he realized that he had knocked Wufei thoroughly unconscious.

"Whaaa?" Wufei repeated, his head throbbing and the C-R-A-V-T-T-Y-A-T-T-T-Y-D-W-T-H starting to wear away at his patience, which was already a *really* fuse anyways.

"I knocked you out when I was entering the room and you were exiting. You had a nosebleed, why am I not surprised, and you also have a huge lump on your forehead. Sorry." Hiro said, ever so nonchalantly, as he picked the heavy chair up with one hand and carried it back to the kitchen. Wufei tried to absorb that, but the C-R-A-V-T-T-Y-A-T-T-T-Y-D-W-T-H was still getting in the way of his comprehension skills. So, finally, Wufei pulled out a GIANT boulder (the kind that I tend to use) and crushed the C-R-A-V-T-T-Y-A-T-T-T-Y-D-W-T-H again. Now it was the Crushed-Like-A-Little-But-Under-My-Shoe- Chibi-Relena-Annoying-Voice-That-Tells-You-All-The-Things-That-You-Don't-Wa nt-To-Hear. It stayed quite for much longer this time. Which is a good thing, because writing those initials is giving my hands cramps. O_o Well, at least, it would if I wasn't both smart and lazy (oh, one has to wonder if that's a good combination or not) and using copy and paste. ^_^V

"Yui?" Wufei asked groggily, sitting up.

"Hn?"

"What time is it?"

"Eleven hundred hours." Hiro called from the other room. 'It's only 11:00am? Wow...then, we still have the whole day left. Good.' Wufei thought with satisfaction. It was never good to disobey orders from Duo, especially if he was watching you somehow.

"Here. What can we do today?" Hiro said, coming back into the bedroom with the list. He seemed as if he was glaring at Wufei, but Wufei being the intelligent (oh, don't leave out S-E-X-Y) creature that he is, recognized that as Hiro's "this is my all purpose expression, possibly my only expression" face. All it meant was that Hiro was just looking at Wufei blankly. Intelligent-Wufei took the list from Hiro, who sat down on the bed, making Wufei flush slightly, and Wufei glanced it over.

"Well, we have some requirements to meet today. Like #5 for instance."

"Which one is that?" Hiro asked, carefully choosing not to lean towards Wufei to see the list. Wufei was grateful that Hiro knew him at least *that* well. God knows how many nosebleeds he had suffered from when they first starting working together. Duo had gotten Hiro into the habit of being close to people, and it had at first made Wufei *VERY* uncomfortable. In fact, it still did.

"'Hold hands at least two hours a day starting the third day'." Wufei quoted the list. "Also, it would be good to get in #2 as well. 'Eat dinner in at least TWO fancy restaurants'." Wufei said, even before Hiro posed the question.

"All right. Then, let's just get #5 over right here." Hiro said stoicly, holding out his hand. Wufei blushed and stuttered his next statement.

"W-what? Here? N-now?" Wufei looked at Hiro like he was either going to deck Hiro (suicide in some respects) or run away and hide (in other words, pull a Duo). Hiro glared genuinely at Wufei now.

"Would you rather have the entire world see us and have them thinking thoughts that I would personally prefer to *not* have them think. But, if that's what you *do* want them to think..." Hiro left off, shrugging, still not removing his outstretched hand.

"NO! I mean, no. That's fine." Wufei said, and after collecting himself, he put his hand with great dignity onto Hiro's. Hiro closed his hand, and now, they were effectively holding hands. Hiro clicked the "go" button on the stopwatch he had with him.

"Where did you get that?"

"It was in the packaged Duo left for the two weeks. I'm sure he guessed that we would be the kind of people who stick to the rules, and not go any less or any more." Hiro said, completely and absolutely ignoring the not-so-small feeling of regret when he said "no more". So, he doesn't really know he just felt like that. But, we do. That's cause I'm writing this, and I'm foreshadowing stuff, and in order to foreshadow properly, I need to write stuff that maybe the *characters* don't know, but we do. In some ways, I'm just as bad as the C-L-A-L-B-U-M-S-C-R-A-V-T-T-Y-A-T-T-T-Y-D-W-T-H. ^_^

"Uh...right. Anyways, um, come with me." Wufei said, getting out of the bed and walking to the kitchen. 'I'll make lunch...that is a nice and safe distraction. Yes. Not that I need one. I'm not affected *at all* by holding Yui's hand. No. See? I'm not in any of this "denial" crap.'

"I really don't have much of a choice, Chang." Hiro said, arching his eyebrow slightly, hold up their linked hands.

"I...ehe...*ahem* knew that." Wufei said, averting his face away from Hiro's, as the C-L-A-L-B-U-M-S-C-R-A-V-T-T-Y-A-T-T-T-Y-D-W-T-H stirred within the depths of his mind. Luckily it was still squashed like a little bug under my shoe, and so it didn't make a clear comment, just did that whole "oooohhh...I'm a stirring
C-L-A-L-B-U-M-S-C-R-A-V-T-T-Y-A-T-T-T-Y-D-W-T-H, so, you better watch what you're thinking pal", which Wufei ignored. Not completely though, because that would as stupid as decking Hiro or letting Duo go without some action for a week.

"What are you doing?" Hiro asked quietly as Wufei led him into the kitchen.

"Making lunch." Wufei said, busying himself at the stove with his right hand, since his left was glued to Hiro's right.

"I'll help." Hiro offered.

"NO! I mean, maybe you shouldn't." Wufei said, remembering the *last* cooking "experience" that he had had with Hiro. Ohh, the memories were frightening enough.

"I can still help you get things together. I won't cook anything. Unless it's water. That I can do." Hiro let a teeny, itsy, bitsy smile slip through the stoic glare expression, showing that he was making a small joke. Wufei snorted.

"All right. Get that pot out, while I get these pans." Wufei ordered, and amazingly, Hiro complied without even a glance at Wufei for the commanding tone. 'Yep. Drugs.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~

Meanwhile...in an entirely different hotel, in a different place, two *other* men were facing a similar situation. I'm sure you can guess who they are. Whether or not you're right is completely up to how intelligent you are. (Quatre and Trowa people, Quatre and Trowa.) Now, for this story to make sense, let's flashback a week...in the next chapter. ^_~