Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Yaruki--Determination ❯ Games and such ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Pairings: 1x5, 3x4, 2xYuu

Warnings: Yaoi, fluffiness, swearing, just plain ol' weirdness

Rating: PG-13

Notes: Be prepared to be scared...

Disclaimer: Me poor Chibi. Me no afford Good Charlotte CD. Chibi sad. So, in other words: I don't own Gundam Wing (cause then I could sell the G-boys that I'm not *totally* in wub with for a lot of money to people like yourselves), nor am I making any money off this. Now, me technically own my fic. Go figure. So, no steal. If steal, be bad. Hate you forever. -_-*

'Think' (or at least try. :P)
"Talk" (unless you're Duo...in which case, perhaps it better if you don't, safer that way...)
~~~Time passes~~~ (oh, that it does...)
***Flash back*** (Wufei's song...oh so nice...)

######################################################### ######

"He's already in there. He arrived early." Yuu said, trying to be encouraging. Quatre looked at Yuu with giant, sparkly blue eyes, and a pleading look in his eyes.

"Um...did he look happy, or not?" Quatre asked, trying to make it seem like he was just asking for the hell of it. Yep. He doesn't *really* like Trowa...or anything. Right. Just like Wufei is *not* in denial.

"He looked like Trowa, Quatre. Go on. He won't bite, promise." Yuu said, winking darkly. Quatre gulped, his throat tightening at the thought of Trowa biting him...in...ah...places. O_o

"O-Okay." Quatre said, steeling himself for seeing Trowa again, after an entire year and a half of no contact.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Trowa! Long time no see!" Quatre said, bubbly and happy. Trowa turned around, and Quatre gasped slightly, his polite training keeping him from dropping his jaw to the ground like a *certain* other male. O_o Trowa had cut his hair, and his hairstyle resembled Hiro's now. His bright green eyes seemed to have only gotten more and more green as the years had passed, and Trowa *definitely* had a tan. Oh yeah. He looked *very* nice sitting there on that couch without a shirt on. Hold on a sec, there. Let's re-cap. "No shirt on?" Oh...oh, that could be fun.

"Quatre." Trowa said, his voice barely changing to indicate that he acknowledged Quatre's presence.

"You cut your hair!" Trowa just looked at Quatre, which is just like saying "Yeah, I was *kinda* there when they did it, you know". But this is Trowa, and he is a man of few words. Very few. In fact, he actually might have a self-imposed limit to the amount of words he's allowed to say in one day. Like, no more than 10 or something. So far, he has said two: "Thanks." To Yuu, and "Quatre" to, well, Quatre. You were here for that one. Unless you Pulled A Milly, and just skipped over that.

"It looks very nice." Quatre said politely. Trowa looked at him. Now, for our convenience, since we are not Quatre and *cannot* read Trowa like a book, I'll translate in parenthesis, okies? Okies. Let's go. Oh, just so you know, Trowa's look said: (Thanks.)

"So...where should I put my stuff?" Quatre asked Trowa. Trowa looked towards a door. (Over there is where I put my stuff, you can do the same.)

"Thanks." Quatre said, walking by Trowa and his position on the couch to the door that was the bedroom. It was a nice suite, the bed was spacious and the room commodious as well. Enough room for two young men, especially two 21-year-olds. Duo had been more considerate of Quatre's need for privacy, and Trowa's for space, than he had been with Wufei and Hiro.

"What do you want to do today?" Trowa asked, startling Quatre, who didn't know that Trowa had followed him. (Oh boy, approaching the limit here, that's 9 words so far...)

"Well...I'd actually just like to get accommodated. That is, if that's all right with you." Quatre added, blushing. He didn't want to boss Trowa around, that would be rude. Trowa looked at Quatre. (Hey, it's your life too, do what you want. If you need me, I'll be in the living room staring into space.) Quatre watched as Trowa started to walk out of the room, then, biting his lip, he decided that he and Trowa could find *something* to do.

"Hey Trowa, do you want to play a board game?" Quatre said, or well, he would have if he had gotten to finish his sentence, he never got past the "Hey Trowa, do-" because he had forgotten that he had dropped the tiny duffle bag that he had brought with him behind him and when he walked forward suddenly he tripped over it. And landed head first into Trowa's wanna-be-an-ass-but-isn't.

"MMPHH!" Quatre tried to say "SORRY" but it didn't come out well, with his head on Trowa's wanna-be-an-ass-but-isn't. Trowa propped himself on his elbows, since now they were both on the floor (Quatre had taken Trowa down with him when he tripped and fell). Quatre hurriedly got his face off a place that was never meant for his face, and scurried away on all fours. Then, ten feet away from Trowa, and hiding behind the bed, he tried to talk again, blushing almost as bad as Chirstmas-Tree-Lightbulb-Wufei.

"I'm so sorry Trowa! Please forgive me! It was an accident!" Quatre said. Trowa got up and walked over to Quatre.

"What were you going to say?" Trowa said, feeling a little nervous about going over his limit, but he didn't know how to convey that thought in a glance.

"What?" Quatre asked, still a very interesting shade of scarlet, and Trowa frowned. He was *way* overtaxing his words-a-day limit, and he was getting that weird feeling you get when you try and break a habit you're had your entire life.

"You were going to say something before you...tripped." Quatre blushed an even deeper red and rolled himself into a little ball.

"Oh, I was going to ask if you wanted to play a board game or something." Little-ball-Quatre squeaked out, getting redder and redder until even the stoic Trowa raised his eyebrow. He hadn't known that humans could get that red and not explode, but then again, he hadn't spent much time around Wufei.

"No." Trowa said, walking away. Little-ball-Quatre looked up shocked, he hadn't really thought that Trowa would say no. Then he rolled into a tighter ball. So now he's Basketball-Quatre.

"Sorry..." Basketball-Quatre whispered. Trowa with his super-human hearing heard it all the way across the room. His little voice within was a miniature Dorothy, because he thought that she was the most annoying thing. Chibi-Dorothy-Annoying-Voice-That-Tells-You-All-The-Things-That-You-Don't-W ant-To-Hear scolded Trowa for making Quatre feel bad, after all, Quatre had been kind enough to touch his wanna-be-an-ass-but-is-just-simply-not-there, and he should either repay the favor or play a board game with him. Trowa looked at the C-D-A-V-T-T-Y-A-T-T-T-Y-D-W-T-H. (But, I don't know how to play any board games. He wouldn't want to have to explain everything to me.) The C-D-A-V-T-T-Y-A-T-T-T-Y-D-W-T-H shook it's little blond head, and wiggled it's oh-so-very-very-creepy-freaky-odd-eyebrows at Trowa saying 'How do you know? Quatre's a nice guy. He'll help you out.'

"Don't be." Trowa said, demolishing the C-D-A-V-T-T-Y-A-T-T-T-Y-D-W-T-H with a Chibi Heavy Arms that he piloted within his head.

"No, I was completely out of line. Please, go on. I'll just stay here for a while." Quatre said, trying to smile up at Trowa, but he ended up smiling at Trowa's chest because he just *couldn't* meet Trowa's eyes. (Now, personally, I would be smiling at Trowa's naked chest for a totally *different* reason, but, hey, that is just me.) Trowa crouched down.

"Duo's list says that we have to always be in the same room, unless we're showering, then it's optional. So, I can't really go anywhere without you. Also, the only reason I don't want to play a board game is because I have never played one before and I have no idea how to play one." Trowa said, nearly twitching with the effort of going so very far past his limit. He was however rewarded when Quatre brightened considerably and stood up lighting fast.

"I'll show you! I'm good at teaching how to play games! It comes from have so many older sisters." Quatre said by way of explanation. Trowa looked at Quatre and got up from his position on the ground more slowly. (Oh. All right then, I'll let you teach me.)

"YAY! Let's go!" Quatre said, grabbing Trowa's hand subconsciously. However, Trowa was a stoic rock and when Quatre's forward thrust of motion met with Trowa's unmoving tug, he was snapped back and hit Trowa's hard chest.

"OW!" Quatre said, releasing Trowa's hand and using it to rub his nose. 'That hurt. Since when does Trowa work out so much?' Quatre thought, marveling at how tight Trowa's chest and stomach were, without looking at him directly. Then, he felt vaguely sad that he wasn't the same; he had been forced to give up his athletic time when his business had picked up. 'Now, there isn't even a chance that he would be attracted to me...' Quatre thought forlornly, but he brightened when he remembered the board games. He had brought some for the long car ride to the hotel. Rashid was a horrible opponent though, because even though he swore that he wasn't letting Quatre win on purpose, there had to *some* sort of explanation as to why Quatre *always* won.

"Let's go!" Quatre said, grabbing his duffel bag and going back into the living room. Trowa followed silently.

The first game that Quatre pulled out was Candy Land, so they played that. At first, Trowa seemed as if he was purposefully making things difficult for Quatre, because he asked so many damn "whys". However, after the game really got started, Trowa proved that he could even form a strategy for Candy Land. While they played, Quatre asked Trowa questions about his life.

"So, are you still in the circus?" Quatre asked, going to a blue square, passing Trowa. Trowa shook his head.

"Is Catherine?" Another no.

"Are you living in a house?" (No.)

"An apartment?" (Yes.)

"Are you seeing anyone?" (Hell no.)

"Have you been out on any dates lately? Good or otherwise?" (No.)

"I have, actually. All of them but one has been horrible!" Quatre said, remembering the bad-dates that he had had within the past six months. That was all he could remember, because he had scoured the rest out of his mind very thoroughly. Trowa looked up from the board to look at Quatre. (Keep going.)

"Well, the one that was good, was...well...her name was 'Milly'. We went out to this local mall, and just hung out all day. It was nice, in a way. Oh, we got pictures taken! See?" Quatre said taking out his wallet and fishing out a tiny picture booth photo. Trowa looked at it quickly and passed Quatre through the Lollypop Forest.

'So...he *is* straight. Go figure. Oh well. Not like I ever had a chance either way.' Trowa thought as he drew a red square card.

"Yeah, anyways. Have you seen any of the other guys lately?" (Yes.)

"Oh, I mean, before all of...this." Quatre clarified, his cheeks getting a little brighter. (Yes.)

"Oh. Was it Duo?" (Yes.)

"How about Hiro?" (Yes.)

"Wufei?" (Not really.)

"Oh...well, I know that I haven't seen you in, what, a year or so?" Quatre said, taking the lead once again. (Yes.)

"Um...so...are you working?" (Yes.)

"As a laborer?" (Yes.)

"I thought so, that would explain your tan, huh?" Quatre said smiling, as Trowa passed him again. (Hn.)

"I've been really busy myself. I'm afraid I may have gotten whiter from staying indoors so much." Quatre said, holding out his arms for examination. (Yes, you have.)

"Um...is there anything that you want to ask me?" (Yes.)

"Am I still working at WEI?" (Yes.)

"Yes I am. Am I also living alone in an apartment?" (Yes.)

"No, I'm not living in an apartment. I have too many houses as it is. Do I have any more of these games?" (Yes.)

"Yes, I do. Do you want to play more after you beat me at this?" Quatre asked, watching as Trowa took a very distinctive lead, only eight spaces away from winning. (Yes.)

"Okay. How does Checkers sound?" (Sure...what is this alluded "Checkers" that you speak of though?)

"Oh, Checkers is...well, I'll explain it when we get there, okay?" (Fine.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Trowa...it's 11:00pm already. No more games...please..." Quatre begged, Trowa looking up, almost pleadingly. (One more game, that's it. I swear. Just one.)

"Oh, fine. *One* more, and that's all! Okay?" Quatre conceded. (Yay.)

"Which one?" Quatre asked wearily, trying to push some sort of enthusiasm into his voice. Trowa pointed, and Quatre frowned. Twister, Travel Size.

"Trowa, we can't really play that, you need at least 3 players to play it well." (Why?)

"Well, because one person has to spin the Spinner, and the other two get to play on the mat." (Can't we just both be on the mat and spin it with one hand?)

"Well...we could...I guess..." Quatre said, dubiously. 'This takes so much effort though...and I'm so very tired.'

"Okay...right hand yellow." (What?)

"See how the pointer is pointing to the right hand section and the yellow dot? That means 'Right hand on the yellow dot'. See, put your right hand like so." (Oh. Gotcha.)

"Okay, and...left hand yellow." (This is so easy.)

"Just wait. Left foot yellow." (We're running out of yellow.)

"Right hand blue." (I thought it was on yellow?)

"It changes throughout the game. That's why it's tricky staying upright. Okay, now...left hand green." (Hmm...easy.)

"Right foot red." (I don't know if I bend that way...oh, no, I do.)

"I don't know if *I* do though!" Quatre said, swaying as he struggled to reach to the other side of the mat. (Hmph.)

"Okay...right hand yellow." (Interesting...)

"Left foot red." (More interesting.)

"Right foot green." (I know I don't bend that way...oh, no, never mind. I do.)

"Left hand red." (Hn.)

"Right hand green." (Right. Now...how do I do *that*)

"Like...this. Hah. Okay, left foot yellow. Ack, Trowa, move." (No. This is too difficult already. Okay, fine. Jeez. No need to get pushy.)

"Right foot red. Ack. The only one that I can reach to bend that way is...this one." (Hm...I feel vaguely like a pretzel.)

"HAHA! You look like one! Anyways, hmm..." (What?) "It's left foot green." (Ah. Interesting.) Trowa watched as now half of Quatre's body was under his.

"Okay...and...oh, no. Right foot red." (Hmmm...I don't bend that way. ACK! Don't *make* me bend that way! OW. Fine. Jeez...)

"...!"

"I'm sorry, but move it or lose it pal." Quatre said, looking at Trowa between his legs. Then, as he lifted one hand to spin the Spinner, Trowa lost his grip on his left side and fell on top of Quatre, and Quatre cracked up at Trowa's expression.

"..." (All this vaguely amuses me...)

"HAHAHAA!! Need...to...breathe!" Quatre gasped out. Quatre was lying with his back to the mat, and Trowa was now supporting himself above Quatre on his hands and knees. He looked down at the hysterical Quatre, and almost without knowledge of what he was doing; he picked up his left hand and put it on the circle beneath Quatre's head, which was a blue circle. He was now, in effect, holding Quatre's head. He lowered himself slowly down onto the now serious Quatre, giving Quatre plenty of time to say no. Quatre just looked Trowa in the eyes unblinking.

"Left hand blue." Trowa whispered, mere inches away from Quatre now. Quatre closed his eyes.

"Trowa face blue." Trowa said, and a slight smile crossed Quatre's features just as Trowa's mouth descended upon his own.

############################################################# ##

Hehehe...awww...how sweet. Not as funny as Wufei and Hiro, but they are sweet together. Yayness. Let's keep going, people.

~*ATHENA*~