Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ You'll be there ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
This fic is a sequel and a prequel to the final events of The Dance. In this fic you'll know more about how Heero died and how his friends reacted. This one is in 3rd Person POV

I dont own You'll Be There that song is from George Strait. Gundam Wing aint mine either but Bandai, Sotsu, and Sunrise

You'll Be There by vegitoth; Song by George Strait
************************************************************************ ************************
//Well, hope is an anchor, and love is a ship
Time is the ocean, and life is a trip
You don’t know where you’re goin’ ‘til you know where you’re at
And if you can’t read the stars, well you better have a map

A compass and a conscience so you don’t get lost at sea
Or on some old lonely island where no one wants to be //

On a rainy night in a cemetery, a funeral was taking place after a last ride from a church. Everyone from around the world and space came to pay the last respects of Heero Yuy. Even though he respected nobody, it was known for some time that he was a lover and protector of the late Relena Peacecraft whom he was now with in heaven. Everyone especially his friends came to the funeral and everyone was sad, suprised, and happy for him especially since he told everyone at the Gundam pilot's reunion dinner that he was diagnosed with an advanced heart disease, yet neither him or his friends cared because he was better off with the one he loved.

*Flashback*
In the Preventers dining room, everyone of the former Gundam pilot's had their girlfriends with them, all except Heero for he lost his will to love. On that semi-formal evening, everyone including Heero had a nice healthy conversation enjoying life as it was progressing nicely.

But half-way during the meal, Quatre Winner took it upon himself to do a toast as he said "To our late friend Relena Peacecraft." Everyone raised their glasses along with him. But to Heero he wanted to tell all of his friends.Something he waited for, a sad but happy suprise on his part, he rose from his chair he said "I enjoyed this dinner with you all very much, but this will be my last dinner with you guys."

"What do you mean by that, Heero?" Duo Maxwell asked curiously.

"Well last week I had a doctors appointment. Well from what I heard from my doctor, he felt something beating in my heart. Later that week the X-Ray results came through and I was diagnosed with an advanced heart disease."

"Well, Heero, is it treatable?" Dorothy asked

"I'm sorry but it ain't. And I got a few months to live, six months percisely."

"Well we're sorry you have to leave us. But if I know better you're better off being with the one you love?" Quatre asked while patting his shoulder.

"Yeah but the thing that worries me is how are guys gonna live your lives without me when I'm gone?" Heero felt concern for the care of his friends.

"Dont worry we can be sure you and Relena will watch over us in the rain." Hilde stated cheerfully.

"Yeah I guess your right, Hilde, but still I'm gonna miss you guys when I leave this world."

"We'll miss you too and we'll see on the other side if we make it." Quatre said happily

*End Flashback*

//From the beginning of creation I think our maker had a plan
For us to leave these shores and sail beyond the sand
And let the good light guide us through the waves and the wind
To the beaches in a world where we have never been

And we’ll climb up on the mountain, ya’ll, we’ll let our voices ring
And those who’ve never tried it, they’ll be the first to sing
Oh my, my//

When it came time to bury the former Wing pilot, the former Gundams watched their friend be buried into a new perfect world.

"You know, it was fun having him around. We always had our fun trying to get him to talk." Duo said in a normal tone.

"Yeah, but back then he was hard to get along with when we first formed the Gundams." Trowa spoke in his monotone

"That's because it was hard for him to be a human and a great friend he was before he died." Wufei stated.

While driving away from their best friends grave something hit Heero's friend Quatre for he thought 'Did God ever clean him of his sins' he hoped that The Good Lord above did because Quatre knew Heero had been through enough pain ever since Relena died and after all that his friend had been through, he didn't even deserved to be tortured anymore.

//I’ll see you on the other side if I make it
And it might be a long hard ride, but I’m gonna take it
Sometimes it seems that I don’t have a prayer
I let the weather take me anywhere
But I know that I wanna go where the streets are gold
‘Cause you’ll be there
Oh my, my//

Later that day, Wufei Chang was walking to a city park bridge, his mind was clouded with the events that had been happening for the past few years. Most of the time on some days, he usually talks to himself when no one was walking around him; and on a day like this, he took an opporutunity to look up to the sky as if he was thinking that heaven itself would be there.

"They say when ten-thousand angels cry, it rains like sorrow. From a night like this I imagine your lover and your family are happy to see you for the first time ,Heero, my friend." Wufei didn't care about the rain falling on him. He continued speaking "Even though you guys never heard of my first wife Nataku, I hope you guys become best friends with her and watch over her."

//Well, you don’t bring nothin’ with you here, and you can’t take nothin’ back
I ain’t never seen a hearse with a luggage rack
So I’ve torn my knees up prayin’, scarred my back from fallin’ down
I’ve spent so much time flyin’ high ‘til I’m face first in the ground

So if you’re up there watching me, would you talk to God and say
Tell him I might need a hand to see you both someday
Oh my, my//

About a few months have passed since the Heero Yuy funeral. The former Gundam pilots had another reunion for the holiday season, and they were also there for the first Christmas of a newborn baby boy Relena's brother Zechs had with his wife Noin.

While helping out with the presents that the former pilots brought along for the holiday season, Zechs noticed a strange glowing orb falling along with the snow. Shortly after he got his friends attention, Heero and Relena stood side by side, hand in hand. To Duo's suprise he exclaimed "How are you guys back? We thought you were supposed to be dead."

"We are, but God sent us to visit you all for Christmas. Plus I wanted to see my nephew." Relena stated

"He inside along with Noin. She'll be suprised to see you two back for the holidays." Zechs motioned his finger to door.

"Relena you go in and greet your sister-in-law. I'll help the guys out with the gifts." Heero gave her a short sweet kiss before helping with the presents.

When Relena entered her home, she saw her sister-in-law laying her nephew on the crib. To Lucrezia's suprise once after she tucked her son in, she saw Relena and it almost gave her a heart attack. "Relena, what are you doing here? I thought you were dead."

"I am, but God sent me and Heero back to spend time with you guys for the holiday season. Plus I wanted to see my nephew on his first Christmas." Relena came foward to the crib where the baby slept.

"I just put him down for a nap. But you can see him, he so cute when he's asleep."

"What's his name?" Relena asked even though she didn't take her eyes off him.

"His name is Theron." Noin took a seat on the couch.

"Theron Peacecraft. That's so fitting and such a good choice." Relena gave her sister-in-law a huge hug as if she and Heero were here to stay.

Shortly, Heero and the guys came into the mansion and loaded the presents under the tree. They also were quiet coming into the house for Heero perdicted that Theron was asleep; to the former Gundams expenses, he was right.

Later that night, everybody was at the dining room having Christmas dinner sharing a conversation. Mostly Heero and Relena were taking in conversations about what happened for the past few months ever since Heero was buried at his funeral. But while during the dinner, Wufei though back to what he said to both of them a few months ago when they were in heaven and he asked "Why didn't Nataku come with you?"

That question got Heero and Relena to change their faces from happy to sad for Heero replied "We're sorry but Nataku aint with us in heaven. Sorry, Chang, but Christ told us that ever since L5 exploded her spirit didn't rest, even her body didn't rest period. Now we know she's alive, but her body is in another galaxy to where even God or his son Jesus dont even know where she is."

"We're sorry, Chang, but she wasn't with us when we heard you talk. We didn't wanna break it to you." Relena gave him a comforting hug.

"I understand, but I was hoping that her body would rest after my home was destroyed." Wufei returned the hug.

Later on that night, everyone went to sleep all except Heero and Relena for they wanted to have some time together with their nephew.

"You know this is your first Christmas. I hope you can remember every second of this day. Theron, I want you to remember this, your Aunt Relena loves you and so does your Uncle Heero. And remember this, we will watch over you and we'll do our best to protect you."

"She's right, buddy, when we came to heaven, Jesus gave us some sort of a mission to watch over our friends and our family. So remember this if you're ever in trouble we'll be here to protect you, your family, and our friends. We love you." Heero put his nephew on his bed in the baby room. With his newfound power from heaven, Heero let out a soft breath that ensured the baby a good night sleep for the rest of his life.

After Heero and Relena left the baby room, Heero turned to his lover and asked "Did you have fun with our night over here?"

"Yes and I hope The Kings of Heaven will let us come down and visit them again." Relena kissed him gently on the lips.

"You know, Relena, even though I never told you this, but I love you with all my heart."

"I love you too, my love."

//So, I’ll see you on the other side if I make it
And it might be a long hard ride, but I wanna take it
Sometimes it seems that I don’t have a prayer
I let the weather take me anywhere
But I know that I wanna go where the streets are gold
‘Cause you’ll be there
Oh my, my
‘Cause you’ll be there
Oh my, my//
************************************************************************ ***********************
Once again I'm dedicating this to my grandad for I'm sure if he would wanna see us again one more time at any time, it would always be Christmas that we would see him again. And though he/she aint born until next month, Im dedicating this story to my new cousin. And since I havent been posting in a while this is like a comeback fic.