Halo - Series Fan Fiction ❯ My log ❯ prolouge ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prologue
 
This is the log of Commander Deshawn Mcdonald of the marine corps this is the story of the 200 marines that left with me on our journey and the 15 that came back.
 
In one of Earth's docking bays
 
 
The marine ship called Black Fire had just left the docking bay on 200 marines we had a very simple mission, to go to hedan a small planet on the edge of the nearest solar system. It was a relatively small planet with only a couple thousand settlers I was in my little room with Alice a black hared thin women with a love for traveling, and Drake a brown hared muscular man who came to the marines to escape his family, celebrating my birthday. “ Sorry that we had to ship out Deshawn,” Drake said, “ But even more sorry we couldn't get you a present.” That day no one was allowed of the ship so neither Drake nor Alice could get me a present. I smiled, “ Its cool I'm just glad we could have a little party together.” Alice looked worried but I didn't feel it was the time to prod her about it. After our “party” was over we walked to the deck and approached the captain. Alice looked at the map and asked, “ How much longer will it be until our arrival?” the pilot said well be they're at 900 hours (9:00). We walked down to the armory and prepared ourselves Drake grabbed a pistol and 5 rounds, Alice grabbed her favorite a sniper rifle I grabbed a battle rifle and my beloved shotgun. Drake smirked and said, “ We are exploring a planet not fighting a war, but I don't want to look like an idiot so I'll grab an assault rifle.” I would have responded but the captains voice crackled over the speaker, “ Commander get your butt up here ASAP. We ran to the deck rushing through the marines crowding the small ship. To find the captain talking to someone, “ hold on we are sending our best down to help you. Deshawn take Drake and Alice get to a drop pod and get down there when I give the green light pronto.” I didn't have time to ask any questions but all the same we ran to the drop pods and got ready to land, “ What the Hell is going on.” Drake asked. “I don't know but be prepared for anything.” I said. The green light came on and we drooped, 2 minutes later we hit the ground. The town we landed in was destroyed, buildings were destroyed, and streets were rubble and the air smelt of burning flesh. We heard ghosts coming 2 to be exact I grabbed my shotgun and ran to one of them and clotheslined him and shot the other. Alice yelled, “wraiths inbound.” We started running towards the forest it was our only chance. The wraiths didn't see us so we went to a fortified position and set up camp. We have seen stuff like this before so we were fine emotional wise. “ Alice you and drake make a small base, I'm goin' on recon.
 
 
Authors notes- this story could end up intertwining with one of Jaz243's