Halo - Series Fan Fiction ❯ My log ❯ capter one ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter one
Disclaimer I don't own the covenant
Br means- battle rifle for you who don't play halo
 
Commander DeShawn's log 1000 hours ( 10:00 ) edge of the forest
 
 
I took out my BR and approached the edge of the forest. Silence. I ran to the nearest building and took a look around then it hit me! Plasma weapons didn't do the damage but actual bullets did. That meant one of two things either one, they're was a rebel attack and the covenant came because of curiosity or the. I was cut off from my thoughts when I heard something coming, but what ever was coming was not walking. I could tell because I heard dragging. I pressed myself against the wall and tried to gather up the courage to peek around the corner. My heart was racing, then all I heard was a loud, long, weary, moan, I readied my BR and peeked around. It was a man so I shouldered my weapon and ran to his aid. Then I saw his torso, everything from the waist down was completely torn off! He was paler than anything I'd ever seen. I flipped him on his back and lifted his head. Blood squirted from his mouth and he looked up at me. His eyes were filled with more sadness then pain. I was so shocked that I could barely manage to ask, “ What happened?” He tried to speak but blood kept coming up instead of words then he some how managed, “ Only one of them, sank into his skin, mutated him,” I was then almost into a nervous break down but I yelled, “ What the hell is it?” Before he could talk a beam rifle shot passed through his head. Damn jackals I thought to myself. I ran back into the cover off the forest. As soon as Alice saw me she knew something was horribly, horribly astray. She ran to me and grabbed my arm. I had no idea where Drake was but I couldn't speak. The only thing that was in my mind at the time was what the hell would have done that. “ Deshawn,” Alice screamed, “ The captain is evacing us in five minutes at the drop point. When they landed they sent out 10 men all are K.I.A. and five minutes later they saw them walking all were mutated by the flood.” Damn I thought, but then that means the covenant are cleaning the flood off the planet then why did they shoot that man? Then I noticed something Drake wasn't here. “ Where is drake?” Alice looked sad then stammered, “ He went out for a leak as he professionally put it and didn't come back.” “ No!” I yelled. I pulled my arm from Alice and said, “ I leave no man behind.” I could tell she wanted to come with me but I couldn't lose her too, anyone but Alice. I ordered her to fall back to the extraction point. For one of the first times in my life I shed a tear. Only for the fear I might not see hear again. But I'm ready for this one!