Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Awakening ❯ Plot ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Chapter 3:
Plot
 
 
The village of Altoria, a place once teeming with voices, was now silent. On a small hill near the broken gate, a hamster wearing a dark brown cloak and a white porcelain mask resembling an infant's face sat flicking broken sunflower seeds absent mindedly. He growled and covered his mask with his paw in an attempted to shield his nose from the disgusting aroma of burning bodies originating from the fire on the opposite side of the village.
 
He got up and walked through the blood-drenched maze of huts and small buildings, still covering his mask. To his left, he could see the fire, surrounded by several robed hamsters as well as hamsters wearing jagged, black body armor. He quickly snatched one away and pulled it as far away form the fire as possible.
 
“Anything to report?” asked the cloaked hamster. “How did the search of the cave go?”
“It was interesting,” responded the armored hamster in a gruff voice. “We spent hours walking through that cave and searching for traps. Eventually, we came to a circular room obviously ham made. At the other end, there was a large stone door.'
 
“Get to the point,” said the cloaked hamster impatiently. “Did you find anything or not.”
 
“We couldn't bust down the door,” mumbled the armored hamster.
 
“Excuse me?” said the cloaked ham flabbergasted. “You must not have tried! Did you use the Acolytes?”
 
“I did. All their efforts were reflected back at them.”
“I'm guessing the other Knights couldn't do anything either.”
 
“No. There was however, a hole in the door. I'm thinking it's supposed to be some kind of keyhole.”
 
“Great! Once again, we have to spend hours searching every nook and cranny of the village. Tell me, where do you think this key would be?”
 
“After discovering the door, we extracted information from a surviving villager. It took quite a bit of effort to break the walls of his mind, but we were able to learn several things that will surely be of use to us.
 
“Such as?”
 
The one who possesses the key is the village's Chief Guardian. From what we took from the villager's mind, we discovered the Guardian's name is Kai.”
 
“Kai, Kai….” The cloaked hamster scratched his head, trying to remember where he had heard that name. “Wait… he was one of those hamsters that managed to escape us!” He slapped himself on the forehead. “Damn! We sent a pair of Acolytes after them! Surely, they haven't survived.”
 
“Actually, the Acolytes returned a couple hours ago. I'll go get them.” After a moment, the Knight returned followed by two robed hamsters.
 
“Sir, we… couldn't find them,” said an Acolyte. “We pursed them through the mountains and the forest. At the end of the woods, we lost them.”
 
“So, they live,” said the cloaked hamster. The Acolytes nodded and the cloaked ham laughed. “Excellent. They'll undoubtedly return here. They'll most likely have reinforcements as well.” The hamster walked toward the fire and the Knight and Acolytes followed.
 
“Listen up!” the hamster said to his minions. “In a short time, we'll probably have several hamsters coming into the village. Under no circumstances is anyone allowed to harm them. Don't even let yourselves be seen. Otherwise, they'll know they're walking into a trap.”
 
As the hamster's minions gave several nods of approval, he smiled under his mask, eagerly anticipating what he came to this village to receive.