Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Awakening ❯ Approach ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I'm back! Cruise ships sure are fun. Hopefully, you've al managed to remain patient.
 
Chapter 8
Approach
 
Cappy stood near the entrance to the clubhouse, shaking from head to toe. The rain was splashing every inch of his body. No matter where he went for cover, he couldn't avoid nature's wrath. The rain on his face mixed with the warm tears streaming from his eyes. No matter what Cappy tried to think or do, he couldn't get Panda to leave his mind. He searched in his mind for someone to blame, but couldn't find anyone. Panda's death was no one's fault. Without someone to vent his frustrations on, Cappy was nearly insane. He thought of racing back into the clubhouse, unable to stand this accursed rain much longer. About a half hour after he left the clubhouse, the rain came pouring down. He turned to face the entrance to the clubhouse, but turned back after an instant. He wasn't going to disobey Boss. He couldn't.
 
Suddenly, Cappy heard the sound of breaking twigs growing ever closer to him. The sound was soon replaced with the sound of a violent stomping on mud. Cappy froze. His mind desperately willed his body to move, but no matter the effort it put into trying to command its body, it couldn't do anything.
 
This is it. They've come. They'll kill me and the others. Why oh why did Boss have to put me in charge of guarding the clubhouse!? I can't do it... Why did he charge such a weak hamster with such a task?
 
In his mind, Cappy saw himself and his friends being murdered. The clubhouse walls were soaked with blood. The mutilated carcasses of his friends were scattered throughout. An insane cackling could be heard. Cappy tried desperately to wipe these images from his mind, but they wouldn't go away, just like the blood that would inevitably stain the sacred place which he had made his second home, where he had found friends, where he had first felt a sense of belonging.
 
“S...stop!” Cappy yelled as loud as he could. The sounds did not subside. “I'm… I'm warning you!! Don't… come closer!”
 
Cappy gave a sad, pathetic laugh inwardly. He couldn't sound intimidating to a fly. At that moment, Cappy gave up. His will to survive dissipated and he waited for that blow that would end his suffering and guilt over not being able to prevent the death of his friends. Cappy let out a laugh that gradually became louder. The tears streamed down his face faster than ever. In the shadows, a vague outline of something began to materialize. Cappy gazed at it with a big, insane smile.
 
“Relaaaaaax duuuuude,” the thing said in a frightening, yet familiar voice.
 
It took a moment for Cappy to recognize to whom the voice belonged. He gasped as the insane smile disappeared from his face. Both relief and horror flashed through his body and mind.
 
“Boss?” he weakly whispered.
 
The thing that suddenly stepped out of the shadows was undoubtedly Boss. But as he grew closer and his features became more visible, any twinge of relief Cappy felt dissolved.
 
Boss' body had somehow undergone huge changes, the most noticeable one being his increased size. He was now about twice the size of Cappy. His muscles were now incredibly well defined. Cappy felt like screaming after just taking a look at them. His eyes were now yellow in color and wild, gleaming with a murderous intent His paws had elongated. Sharp claws were visible poking from without them.
 
“Are… are you ok?” Cappy weakly asked. He searched for an explanation as to how these changes had come over Boss so quickly. He found none. Boss let out a hard, obscene laugh and made a step toward the clubhouse. “Wait,” Cappy said. “If I let you in, what will you do?” Cappy couldn't afford to take any chances. His friend was emanating a tangible evil feeling energy. It was obvious that his intentions, whatever they were, weren't good.
 
Boss' evil smile remained on his face. “Just gonna have some fun,” he said. “Teach the gang a lil' lesson.”
 
Boss' voice had become much scratchier. In every word, Cappy felt nothing but malice. He made up his mind. He was not going to let Boss in. “No,” he said with defiance.
 
“Whut?” Boss said. “You furgot too… You furgot…who's really in charge…” Boss' expression changed in an instant. The malicious smile turned to an expression of pure rage and hatred. He quickly delivered Cappy a powerful blow to the stomach. “Thinkin' a' runnin' ya, piece a' shit? Runnin to the great 'amtaro?” Boss laughed again. “He'll surely fix all my problems! He'll save me from this monster!' Boss said in a high, girly voice, doing a poor job at imitating Cappy. He laughed again.
 
Cappy heard little of this. What did hear barely registered in his brain. His mind was focused on the intense pain coursing through his body, the most intense pain he'd ever felt. The fact that one of his dearest friends had dealt it was unbearable. Cappy remembered all the adventures they'd had together. Boss had always been there to help whenever Cappy was in a jam. He was a great leader for the Ham-Hams; a true ham among hams. What had happened? How had he suddenly disappeared and been replaced with this monster? Cappy dismissed these thoughts from his mind and focused his thoughts on what would happen to the Ham-Hams of he allowed Boss to enter the clubhouse. He had to stop him, or at least try. If he didn't something seriously bad would happen to his friends, especially Hamtaro, who Cappy could sense was Boss' objective.
 
“No!!!” Cappy screamed as he delivered a punch to Boss' stomach. When his fist hit it, he screamed again. It was like steel. There was no way that measly little punch could have hurt him.
 
Boss struck Cappy on the side of the head. He instantly collapsed, his body falling on the mud. Boss then kicked the door to the Ham-Ham clubhouse off its hinges and managed to squeeze his way into the tunnel. Any other would have been too small for him to enter, so he had no choice but to use this one. He would have preferred to enter the clubhouse through the tunnel near the river and deliver a surprise attack on the clubhouse, but his size forbade that.
 
 
 
In the clubhouse's main room, Kai sat with his eyes closed, his thoughts on his fallen home and friends. His eyes suddenly snapped open.
 
Something's wrong.
 
His eyes dashed around the room until he saw Oxnard.
 
“Fatty!” he said to him.
 
“It's Oxnard!” Oxnard said with annoyance.
 
“Whatever. Where's Cookie?”
 
“I think she's still at Sandy Beach with Hamtaro! Then again, in this rain, I'm not so…”
 
“Look there,” Kai said interrupting him. “Find her and Hamtaro and bring them back. We'll need all the Ham-Hams here.”
 
“What's wrong?' Oxnard asked.
 
“I don't know. Just go!” Oxnard hurried toward the tunnels. Kai gazed at the Ham-Hams. Expressions of extreme worry were on their faces. Kai managed a weak smile, but he had no doubt they could see through it and sense the great danger that was approaching