Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Boss and Bijou's Reconcile ❯ Friends to the end, Ari vs. Hakeru part II ( Chapter 37 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The stadium was packed, the crowd was silent and the officials with the exception of Yurushi were flabbergasted as things really started to heat up. Ari and Hakeru stood far in front of each other at the peak of there power.

(Thinking)

Hakeru: This is it. I must win this match, even though I'm facing a new friend to do so.

(Thinking)

Ari: No matter what I must keep my power under control, I can't risk endangering Hakeru.

Meanwhile up in the stands-

Hamtaro: They look so focused and different, are they ok?

Aoshi: There fine, they're using all there energy and are going to fight at full strength.

Boss: You mean they've been holding back until now? (That girl is tougher then I realized, possibly as tough as me)

(Waving two fans)

Bijou: Go Ari! Go Hakeru! Go! Go! Go!

(Thinking)

T.W: Try your hardest Ari, Hakeru.

Ari: All right, enough standing around!

Ari then disappears out of sight, Hakeru tries to sense him but in a flash he was behind her and kicked her in the back knocking her down. She quickly gets up and punches him in the gut.

Ari: Engh!

Ari doesn't let it stop him and holds his stomach as he rams into Hakeru almost sending her out of the ring but she jumps up against the stand walls and back in the ring. They both draw their swords and run to each other and go into slashing combat.

Hamtaro: This is way intense.

Boss: Yeah, I haven't seen action like this except in Cat alley.

T.W: What?

Boss: It's an alley back home were all the nastiest cats hang out; unfortunately some of the best Sunflower seeds are across the alley in small grassland. So I have to risk a lot if I want to eat well.

T.W: If it's so dangerous why not go where I go?

Boss: Huh? Where do you go for food?

T.W: I look around the food stands for stuff on the ground, or I go to some fruit trees in the forest.

Boss: I've never seen any.

T.W: Oh I found them no problem, let me tell you about it.

So we flashback to the day after the second HG episode where T.W was cleaning up from yesterday's housewarming party and grand opening of the Ham-Ham café-

(Narrating)

T.W: It was the day after my housewarming party and opening of the café, I was cleaning up when I realized that all the food I brought with me was gone.

T.W: I guess I used it all preparing for the party; I'll just have to find some more.

"So after I finished cleaning I went outside to re-stock my supplies."

T.W searched around with a basket and his trusty backpack for some food, he found a few acorns and pecans but that was all.

T.W: Dear me, this is all I could find? How am I going to live on a few nuts?

He thought for awhile when…

T.W: I know! Maybe Boss can help me; he must know how to get food around here.

So he quickly raced to the clubhouse-

"I remember you came to me for help."

"Yeah, little did I know...?"

Hey!

Oh Sorry!

Soon he was at the clubhouse; no one else was there except for Boss and Snoozer.

Boss: Well I figure you'd come around soon enough. So what do you want to know?

T.W: Well I was wondering if you know were to get some food around here?

Boos: I thought you were a traveler, you must have foraged before?

T.W: Actually I bought what I need when I reached towns.

Boss: Well you came to the right field ham; I'll show you the ropes.

T.W: Great! (Why do I have a weird feeling about this?)

So the two run to an open field of wilted sunflowers.

Boss: This is my special place to get sunflower seeds, but don't get to computable you'll have to find your own special place.

He walks over to one of the wilted sunflower and opens the brown petals to reveal seeds galore.

Boss: It's easy, all you have to do is find old withered Sunflowers when they've lost all there color and you find the seeds.

He takes one out, uses his teeth to break away at the shell and pops it in his mouth.

T.W: That's easy to remember. Are there any apple trees around?

Boss: Oh that's a bit trickier, come with me.

He led him to a dingy and freaky alley.

Boss: Tread lightly and keep quiet.

T.W: What is this place?

Boss: On the other side of this alley are fruit trees galore and some of the best Sunflower seeds you ever tasted.

T.W: But don't alleys have cats?

Boss: A few.

T.W then stopped and yanked Boss's ear hard-

T.W: Are you crazy?! You know what cats do to hams like us?!

Boss: Shh! You must keep quiet.

T.W: Sorry but… Forget it!

He left and ran for home, Boss just looked at him go further away.

"So that was Cat alley? I guess you think I'm a baby for running off, huh?"

"No I probably would've when I was younger too."

"Besides it all worked out in the end, on my way home I got a little confused and went the wrong way." I found an orchard of fruit tress and other stuff to eat; now I always know where to go re-stock."

The flashback ends there and in the stands everyone got into the story.

T.W: I can take you there someday; it would certainly be easier and less dangerous to get what you need there.

Boss: No… I couldn't.

T.W: Why not?

Boss: You made that spot your own, besides I go to my place despite the dangers because it tests my ability as a field ham.

T.W didn't what to say to that until…

T.W: I understand… But-

He reached n his backpack and pulled out a Sunflower seed.

T.W: This seed is from the place I found, it's really good. Please try it.

.

Boss took it and buzzed it open. He bit into it and found it good and felt the added flavor of love in it.

Boss: Thank you.

(^^)

T.W: You're welcome.

Meanwhile the battle raged on, soon the slashing combat stops. Ari punches Hakeru's jaw and sent her flying on the other side of the ring.

Shapira: Hakeru's down. And I'm not sure she'll get back up.

DJ Hamada: We'll see, I know what Hakeru is capable of and she's always come through.

Opano: I better start counting-

1!

2!

3!

4!

5!

T.W: Come on Hakeru!

6!

Boss: Get up!

7!

Hakeru was struggling to get off the ground.

8!

Soon after much wiggling she stood right up.

9!

The match will continue.

Hakeru: Oh come on, did you think an attack like that would stop me?

Ari: Heh, I didn't think so, but you can't blame me for wondering.

Hakeru: Do you think we've fought with all we have?

(Chuckles)

Ari: Sort of. But let's really get down to business!

Hakeru: Okay!

The two assume fighting positions and start to really tap into there inner power. They draw out there swords again and start it channel their energy into the blade.

T.W: The swords are glowing.

Hamtaro: What's it mean?

(Thinking)

Aoshi: It means the true test of power begins.

True enough as the swords began to light up with power and energy, they then move them in a batting stance and prepare for there final attack.

Ari: WINGS OF-

Hakeru: RAINBOW DIAMOND-

They released all they had in burst.

BEAST!

CONFETTI BLAST!

The two attacks sweep to the other side of the ring and cause a chain reacted explosion. There was smoke everywhere and no one could see what's going on.

(Thinking)

Aoshi: I wonder how this fight will shape up. Could it be over?

DJ Hamada: Incredible! Both attacks collided with great speed and we're unable to make out the outcome, please bare with us as the smoke clears.

When the smoke finally cleared both Ari and Hakeru were panting with exhaustion, they slowly walked over to each other panting the whole way; they grabbed each other trying to push the other over, even though they were trying as hard as they could to stand themselves up.

Pashmina: They look really worn out.

Penelope: Okwee.

T.W: How long will this last?

Hamtaro: I'm not sure.

Then without warning they zip into invisible speed again, everyone knew what to so as Opano went to Yurushi to check out the action and the jumbo screen show it via slow motion. Everyone latched onto each other in a chain and saw through T.W, except for Aoshi as he can see it on his own.

Ari and Hakeru gave a barrage of punches and kicks, some hitting and some missed. Soon they gave each other a powerful punch to the other's jaw and plummet to the ring floor and out of high speed mode.

Everyone can see now and Opano returns to the ring to see both fighters down and out.

DJ Hamada: Boy this is amazing, both Ari and Hakeru have knocked to the ring floor.

Shapira: It's a first in the tournament's history. If my guidebook serves me correctly.

Hamtaro: Does this mean the match can end in a draw?

Aoshi: Unfortunately not, only one can be the winner, so the one who gets up first will win.

Opano: By accordance of the tournament rules if both fighters are knocked out I must give a 20 count and if both get up before the countdown is up the match continues but if only one emerges than I must award the victory to the first to stand.

Here I go-

1!

2!

3!

4!

5!

6!

7!

Hamtaro: Is this how it ends?

8!

Boss: Brave warriors right to the end, they both dissevered to win.

9!

Asura: Wicked.

10!

Penelope: Okwee?

11!

Pashmina: Will this end in a draw?

12!

13!

Maxwell: This defies all simple logic. Or does it?

14!

15!

T.W: GET UP HAKERU!!!!

Hakeru's eyes popped open vigorously and struggled to work her way up.

16!

DJ Hamada: Hakeru's up, but what of Ari?

Shapira: He may be out for this one Hamada.

17!

18!

19!

20!

Ari was unable to move or regain his bearing, it seems…

Opano: Ari has failed to get up so Hakeru wins and will advance!

The crowd cheers for Hakeru including her friends of course but they wondered about Ari.

Bijou: I guess one of them had to win.

Pashmina: Poor Ari.

Penelope: Okwee.

Tomo: The poor little runt.

Everyone went onto the ring and congratulate Hakeru and quickly carry Ari to the tournament hospital.

DJ Hamada: Poor Ari but I knew Hakeru would make it.

Shapira: Boy Hamada you sure know your stuff.

DJ Hamada: Well I try.

Shapira: Well everybody take this chance to get your snacks and such and hurry back for the next battle between Aoshi and Irizu.

Soon after we find our friends have admitted Ari and are waiting for results in the waiting room of course.

Hakeru: It's been 30 minutes already, how long could this take? I hope I didn't go too hard on him *sheds a tear*

T.W came up to her and patted her on the back.

T.W: Don't worry yourself, after all you promised you'd both tried hard and you did. I'm sure he'll be just fine.

He took a handkerchief and wiped away her tears and puts it in her lap.

Hakeru: Thanks T.W

T.W: ^^!

Soon a nurse came out with news.

Hakeru: How's Ari?

Nurse: He'll be just fine; he just needs to rest for a few hours to heal those bruises.

Hamtaro: That's wonderful news!

Hakeru: Oh that makes me so relived.

Tomo: Can we see him?

Nurse: Certainly, follow me.

So they follow her to Ari's room to see he was bandaged up a bit but would be fine.

Hamtaro: So you doing okay Ari?

Ari: Yes A lot better thanks; I guess I was pretty sloppy today.

Tomo: Are you kidding!? You were unbelievable out there! It's fully inspired my fighting spirit!

He quickly runs over to Ari's bedside and gives him a big noggie.

Tomo: You are an animal after my own heart you runt you.

(Feeling squished)

Ari: That's nice… But please stop!

Everyone laughed happily and Tomo stops the noggie.

Ari: Well Hakeru I guess you advance, who's your next opponent?

Hakeru: Someone named Okashei but he's a real unknown.

Ari: Well you'll beat him, I'm sure of it.

(Blushes)

Hakeru: Thanks.

T.W: Hey look!

Everyone moved to the window and Ari positioned his bed upward to see the next match was about to begin.

DJ Hamada: Whew, after the last mach I may pass out before we reach the final round.

(^^)

Shapira: That'll mean more commentary from me.

DJ Hamada: Don't bet on it, anyway let's welcome our combatants this round.

Shapira: Right first up last year's reining champ and a favorite for the cup, the badger man who needs no introduction-

Let's give it up for Aoshi!

The crowd cheers as Aoshi bearing his sword upon his back into the ring. He was as quiet as usual but had a look of intrigue.

(Screen shows a head shot of Aoshi and his stats)

DJ Hamada: Aoshi has been just as mysterious as ever, but nothing short of powerful.

(Screen then shows head shot of Irizu and his stats)

Shapira: Irizu I'm told has previously battled Hakeru but came up short, can he redeem himself against the reigning champ?

Meanwhile back in the hospital-

Hamtaro: The next match is starting.

Ari: We better get there fast.

Ari tried to get up but he woozily fell back in bed.

Hakeru: You need to stay in bed, I'll stay and keep you company.

Ari: But you need to see this match so you can prepare for the final round.

T.W: Don't worry about it, I've got it covered.

He reached in his backpack and pulled out a flat T.V screen.

T.W: This is a wireless viewing screen; it's rigged wirelessly to my video camera so whatever the camera sees you see through here.

T.W hangs it on the window and takes out his video camera and a remote control.

T.W: All I have to do is switch it on and you can see and hear the match right here and this remote control will let see the match from any angle you like.

He gives the remote and Ari and turns on the camera, since the camera is pointed to Ari he's who you see on the screen.

Hakeru: Wow! You keep some pretty cool stuff in there.

Ari: I agree, thanks T.W

T.W: No prob, I hoped that thing would come in handy.

Soon after saying goodbye to Ari and Hakeru for now our remaining friends head out back to there seats as the next battle's about to begin.

Back in the ring the match was slated to begin just as our friends reach the stands and T.W positions the camera to the ring.

Opano: Okay on my mark-

3!

2!

1!

FIGHT!

But nether fighter made a move as they expected the other to strike, and Aoshi was in deep thought.

(Thinking)

Aoshi: What is plaguing my thoughts? There's something about this guy's techniques that perplex me. Even when I was on his side I couldn't determine there strength is I won't know how much of my power to use and still keep my true deep strength a secret.

We quickly flashback to the fight he shared with against Irizu in the doubles period.

Opano: Ready-

3!

2!

1!

FIGHT!

Aoshi and Irizu were up against Ryan who Aoshi fought in the tournaments first match and Shuri of the dark warriors.

Irizu: Well this is an interesting line-up *draws his pole* you ready for this partner?

Aoshi: I guess…

Irizu stored his power inside his pole and it glowed immensely-

SPIRIT BATON!

He flinged it over to them and they just caught it and were given a jolt of energy.

Irizu: Hurry! Knock them out!

Aoshi: What?! *then he sees* Got it!

He draws his great sword and runs at high speed-

Aoshi: GOTH'S CEMICIRCLE!

He slashes so fast you couldn't see it and the gale force from that knock them both out of the ring.

Opano: Both fighters are outta here, Aoshi and Irizu win!

The crowd cheers and we return to present day.

(Thinking)

Aoshi: We won easily but the attack he used was unreadable, it was like he was trying to hide the power behind his attack so when we faced each other later on I couldn't get an accurate reading of his power.

DJ Hamada: Man, it's been over five minutes and nothing's happened yet. What could those two be plotting?

Shapira: Not sure, but I'm with you for a change. I wish something would happen.

Irizu: What's the hold up Aoshi, realizing you can't win?

Aoshi just stood there not saying a thing.

Irizu: No? Well I'll prove it!

He starts to bulk the way he did in his match against Hakeru-

Aoshi: What's he doing?!

T.W: It's the Ram Canon, the same attack he used against Hakeru!

True enough Irizu was powering up and cuffed his paws together.

Aoshi: I don't understand, he's powering up but I can't sense the level of power he's using.

Irizu: So that's what's bothering you?! It's simple really, I've figured out to use my strongest attacks without revealing how much power it takes to beat them. After loosing to Hakeru I trained as hard as I could to learn this new skill just for this match.

Aoshi: So that's why… *draws his sword* Nice try but I can easily surpass it by only using a third of my true power!

He then let out an immense battle cry and the sky turned black and dark.

Irizu: What've you done?!

Everyone was in shock and scared to see what happened next.

Up in the hospital room-

(Watching the screen)

Hakeru: The sky feels morbid, and Aoshi is showing power that we haven't sensed before.

(From bedside)

Ari: I fear it's only a taste of what's to come. (Aoshi, what are you planning?)

Meanwhile in the stands-

T.W: I sense a mad power from Aoshi!

Hamtaro: So do I.

Boss: Wow! Even I can feel this time; I knew my field ham sense wouldn't let me down.

DJ Hamada: Ladies and gentlemen it appears that Aoshi has somehow emitted a black cape of energy over the sky. President Yurushi says we have nothing to fear and that the battle will continue as scheduled.

Aoshi: Ha, ha, ha, young advicary your defeat is in the stars!

DIMOAND STAR LIGHTNING!!!!!

A lightning star shot down from the sky and towards Irizu-

Irizu: I won't loose that easy! RAM CANNON-

He was now fully charged-

FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He released a ram-shaped energy wave at the star but it absorbed it and crashed into him causing damage sending him out of the ring critically damaged. The sky cleared up and was clear and blue again.

Opano: Hmm?! Oh Irizu's down, Aoshi wins!

The crowds cheered but were still freaked out about what happened as Aoshi left the ring.

(Thinking)

Aoshi: I didn't have to push it that far but he'll be alright, besides he deserved my lengthened effort as he almost was worth half my power. But I still must keep my real raw power secret.

Back in the stands-

T.W: Aoshi… Sure is powerful.

Bijou: I worry when Hakeru goes against that guy.

Asura: I'm not sure anyone could beat him. No wonder he became champion last year.

Boss and T.W were the most scared of all.

(Thinking)

Boss: Man, I've never seen anything more scary in a long time. I hate to say it but I'd loose against that guy. Me! A field ham's who's lived by the skin of his teeth when you first ventured on your own, good luck girl… You'll need it.

(Thinking)

T.W: Hakeru's in deep trouble against this guy and there's nothing I can do, but there must be something!

DJ Hamada: Well that was astonishing; Aoshi commanded the very weather itself and didn't even break a sweat!

Shapira: I'm starting to wish I didn't take this job. Well let's move onto our halftime show. We'll select a member in the audience at random to sing any 2 songs of there choice.

(Gets the results)

DJ Hamada: I've just got the results in, and the winner is…

Everyone was in bated breath-

In the third row, T.W!

T.W: Me?!

Shapira: T.W in the third row please comes on out to the ring!

Hamtaro: Go on T.W, it'll be fun.

T.W: But singing? Two songs? In front of millions?! I can't do it!

Hamtaro: Yes you can, I know it.

Hamtaro was confident that he could do it.

T.W: All right, I'm gonna go for it.

So he races down to the ring where Opano is waiting for him.

Opano: Here's your microphone, please request your songs to me now.

T.W: Ok.

He reveals the songs to him and gets up onto the ring floor.

(Mike in hand and thinking)

T.W: This is perfect, I know Hakeru can beat that guy and I pray my songs will give her the strength to go on.

The theme "Genki no schwa" plays and T.W looks up from the ground.

T.W: I dedicate this song to my best friend Hakeru; don't give up on your dream

Hakeru was touched and teary eyed as the song began

(Singing)

T.W: -

FURASUKO KIRAKIRA suru

rika shitsu de matte'te

tsumetai te to te awase

ko suri aeba atsuku nareru wa

hanabi mitai ne

minna kirei na kodoku wo daite

tatakatte'ru tenshi

genki no SHAWA-

kimi ni sosoide ageru

sabishige na sono senaka wo sasaete ageru

genki no SHAWA-

kimi wa hitori janai wa

yuujou no ooki na wa ni mamorare teru

During the instermental Everyone could feel the raw and pure emotion T.W was putting into it, especially Hakeru.

(Teary eyed)

Hakeru: Oh T.W….

At his bedside Ari was quite surprised as well.

(To himself)

Ari: That guy is full of surprises.

Back in the ring-

PURIZUMU hitomi ni ate

kimi no koto mitsumeru

rouka de sure chigaeba

tsumuji kaze no you na yura meki

yume no mayu-tachi

minna jibun no kara wo yabutte

tobitatta senshi yo

genki no SHAWA-

sukoshi ochi kon da hi wa

te no hira no hikari no tsubu abisete ageru

genki no SHAWA-

kimi no moetatsu kami wo

yubisaki de sotto sotto nadete ageru

During the next instermental Hakeru was so moved she left for the stadium, Ari could feel what was happening.

Ari: Those two are in love; I knew she was too special to be single.

Back in the stadium Hakeru had made it to the stands to hear the last of the song-

(Singing)

T.W:-

genki no SHAWA-

kimi ni sosoi de ageru

sabishige na sono senaka wo sasaete ageru

genki no SHAWA-

kimi wa hitori janai wa

yuujou no ooki na wa ni mamora reteru

The songs ends with a gust of sweet wind blew in.

Everyone applauded especially Hakeru, everyone felt light after that song.

Then the theme "We'll be there" plays-

T.W: I dedicate this song to all my friends, who gave me a reason to live this day.

Think of us and we'll be there, in your heart forever.

Sometimes when you're unsure, sometime when you're afraid-

(Sings along)

Hakeru: At times it's hard to live… With the choices you have-

T.W: Turn around and we'll be there-

(Walking towards the ring)

Hakeru: Always by your side!

Both: When it's time to stand the test, I'll know you'll shine above the rest, when you try and find your way.

We'll be there!

Hakeru: We'll be there.

T.W: We'll be there

Hakeru: We'll be there-e-e-e-ere.

(Holds out hand)

T.W: Hold out you're ha-a-and-

(Grabs it)

Hakeru: Honest to be true-

Both: We'll make us always a part of you.

He lifts onto the ring and an instermental cools things off a bit

Both: When it's time to stand the test, I'll know you'll shine above the rest, when you try and find your way.

We'll be there!

Hakeru: WE'll be there!

T.W: We'll be there.

Hakeru: We'll be thee-e-eh-e-eh-ere.

Than there friends joined in-

Everyone else: Stick together through thick and thin, that's the meaning of a real friend, and when it's time to stand the test-

T.W: Ooh if you feel it! We'll be there-e-ere! Oh if you feel it!

Everyone else: Friendship shines above the re-e-est.

(Reprise)

Soon near the end of the song T.W and Hakeru move closer and have a long, passionate kiss holding each other tightly right there as cherry blossoms blow in the wind as the song ends.

Everyone was cheering like crazy over a beautiful and quite spontaneous performance.

DJ Hamada: *Sniffles* Oh Shapira in all the years of the halftime show was there ever a performer or performers who put so much emotion in this old stadium.

(Teary eyed)

Shapira: I agree and I just started working here, well this year's halftime show is now over, please take this time to get snacks and such before the next match in 44 minutes.

Down in the ring T.W and Hakeru quickly push off from each other feeling very embarrassed.

(Blushing)

Hakeru: Well… um-

(Blushing)

T.W: Yeah, um.

They stood for a bit not sure what to say when T.W spoke up-

T.W: Well I hope you'll continue with this tournament, I know you can beat this guy and I'll help in any way I can.

Hakeru: Thanks T.W that really means a lot.

T.W: Yeah well there's something wanted to know… *Blushes a bit* I wanted to say, I like you. A whole lot and I want us to be together but…

Hakeru: But what?

T.W: I just don't know if you feel as I do and I saw how you and Ari were talking earlier today and-

Hakeru: What?! Me and Ari?!

She chuckles a bit leaving T.W confused.

Hakeru: Ari and I are just friends and sparing partners, besides he already has a girlfriend.

T.W: A-tata?! *Sighs* ^^ Oh my mistake!

He was really feeling foolish now but Hakeru embraced him.

Hakeru: Well don't make another, or I might not feel the same vibe I do for you now.

T.W: What?! You mean-

Hakeru: Yep T.W, I like you a lot too.

So now the secret was out and the two friends now boyfriend and girlfriend walk out of the ring to meet the others.

Meanwhile up in the hospital room Ari was feeling a lot better and was touched to see there union.

Ari: And to think I didn't see it earlier.

Preview of next chapter-

Hamtaro: Who have thought T.W and Hakeru like, liked each other.

(Sing songy)

T.W and Hakeru: Well we do!

(Crying)

Sandy: Oh I always cry at weddings.

Maxwell: There not getting married!

Sandy: There not?

T.W: I think things are going too fast! Besides there's the tournament to think of.

Hakeru: Yeah, who is this Okashei? and what special move could he have that could put my dream in dire straights?

Hamtaro: Next time-

Okashei, a battle of wits

You won't want to miss it!

Sorry it took this long but I pray it was worth it, I need reviews and by the way-

Genki no shwaa was the second Japanese Yu-Gi-Oh ending theme and We'll be there was from music to duel by.

PLEASE REVIEW!