Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Boss and Bijou's Reconcile ❯ Friends to the end, Ari vs. Hakeru part I ( Chapter 36 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Note: This contains spoilers from previous chapters so be sure you've read them all. You get two parts in one go, great bargain huh?

Friends to the end, Ari vs. Hakeru part I

It was quiet the next day at the inn. In their rooms Hakeru and Ari's match against each other was drawing near. Nether could face the other afraid the other would cry, but nether wanted to forfeit and agreed to a fair match no matter what.

Their friends were worried of what would happen next, soon after some had gone to see Ari and others went to Hakeru.

Ari heard pounding on his room door and went to open it; he saw Boss and Hamtaro standing outside.

He invited them in and they got to talking, but Ari was at all sure if he could compete against a friend.

Hamtaro: So you want to quit, just like that?

Ari: Yes.

Boss: But why? You both have come so far, cheering each other on, how we cheered you both on. Are you that afraid of loosing?

Ari: It's not just lost that bothers me, you saw me out there, I almost forgot my mental discipline, and I… Almost forgot her. What if I use my inner power again and I start fighting not knowing when to stop or worse? The chance is too great, I will not risk it.

Meanwhile in Hakeru's room, T.W and Pashmina were trying to convince Hakeru to continue in the tournament.

Pashmina: Are you sure you want to forfeit? You both went through a lot to get here.

Hakeru: I am it's the only way.

T.W: What are you thinking?!

Pashmina and Hakeru looked up from each other to see T.W full of sharpness.

T.W: You and Ari worked hard to reach the finals, now you face each other and neither of you wants to continue on?!

Hakeru: I just never thought I'd have to face him so soon. I want it to be a fair match, I really do but…

A silence hit as she gripped her face-

Hakeru: I'm afraid our friendship will get in the way of our competing.

T.W: You shouldn't be worried.

He then took a stool and sat beside her, he then looked straight in her eyes.

T.W: Remember the Go-kart race? We all were competing against our friends but we didn't forget they were our friends and we tried our hardest and we all earned the positions we finished in. So you can keep your friendship with Ari as long as you try your hardest in the ring and stay friends outside it. This was your dream; you can't let your dream go.

Pashmina: He's right Hakeru and no matter who wins we'll be right there with you, both of you.

Hakeru was touch with her friends said and stood up and started to shine her sword.

Hakeru: You're right, I'm going polish this sword and then tell Ari that our match is still on.

The two were glad that this was resolved, while with Ari it was still rough sailing ahead.

Hamtaro: Listen Ari I know you're afraid of forgetting Hakeru but just think of how far you both have come. Not just in the tournament but as becoming friends. I'm sure you and Hakeru were meant to meet at the registration desk, and I know that no matter who wins this match the loser won't have lost truly, if they have a friend beforehand.

Ari thought long and hard of Hamtaro's words knowing them to be true and started think of the day he and Hakeru met.

(We flashback to the first day of the tournament)

At registration

The two sat on the stools on the desk aside from each other. They answered each question, and checked in every box. While there were filling out the papers they got in an interesting discussion.

(Writing) Hakeru: So what's your fight style?

(Writing) Rat: Mixed ninjitsu and swordplay, you?

Hakeru: I train in the way of the samurai, it's very rewarding. I also study dance, tea making, and flower arranging.

Rat: You arrange flowers? So do I!

Hakeru: How interesting.

Rat: It was always a dream of mine to open a flower shop but I never had the expenses to make it happen. This is why I entered the tournament so I can win the seed prize and open my flower shop.

Hakeru: That's a wise dream.

The rat blushed a little, feeling a little silly.

Hakeru: What's the matter?

Rat: Nothing it's just I don't usually get so intimate with someone I hardly know. Besides you were the first besides my parents who feel as you do. My friends thought I was a wimp for taking an interest in flowers. Well the guys anyway, the girls started noticing me and I had quite an odd social calendar.

Then I met this girl Eris who loved flowers but she said that while she liked me I was lacking any masculine qualities. At first I was mad but then I thought maybe there was something I could try. I began studying various styles of fighting and found my nitch.

By combining the studies of various styles of sword-fighting and the shadowy stealth and perilous strategy of ninjitsu, I found myself immersed in a new form of expression. Also I rough up anyone that threatened to harm me.

Sure it got me back on the guy's good side, and Eris was still interested in me but more than that I found out something new about myself in the process.

Hakeru: You did?

Rat: Yes, you see to me in a way martial arts are like flowers. The stem represents physical strength; the leaves represent stealth and gentleness, the budding flower represents the perfection of techniques, the petals represents beauty of movement, and lastly the individual fragrance of each and every kind of flower represents the individuality of the fighter.

Hakeru: I know what you mean, my samurai techniques, and sword attacks all tie into my dance moves, and you're right when you think about it my flower arranging can align with my samurai training.

Rat: I know, well since we've exchanged ideas maybe we could exchange names?

(Chuckles) Hakeru: Oh sure! Sorry about that. My name is Hakeru.

Rat: Hakeru? That's a cool name. Mine is Ari.

Hakeru: Well Ari I hope we get to face each other in the finals.

Ari: Me too.

We then forward to just after Hakeru's 1st match-

Back at the site of the martial tournament Hakeru and Ari were off in search of T.W and Asura talking of there great journey in Paris.

Ari: So you guys came all this way so you could find the friend of a friend of yours?

Hakeru: Yeah it's kind of complicated but basically that how it goes. After we found her we decided to come here for some fun. But enough about me where are you from?

Ari: I live in a small village in a beautiful meadow. I recently moved out of my parent's house and built my own from the ground up. I even built an underground extension where my friends and I hang out.

Hakeru: That's sort of like our ham-ham clubhouse.

The talked some more until they saw T.W and Asura and the snack stand.

Hakeru: There they are come on!

Hakeru went down to see the two enjoying some mini-soft pretzels.

T.W: Um, krump, krump, krump. These mini soft pretzels are just as good as the giant ones, but better portion controlled.

Asura was packing them away. It's been awhile since he ate so he might as well.

(One after another) Asura: Krump, krump, krump, krump, krump. I'll say when you're a pilot like me you don't always get a chance to eat a traditional meal so you grab what you can.

T.W: Maybe the next time you're near my house we could share a meal.

Asura: That'd be great.

Then the two noticed Hakeru and Ari coming up to them.

T.W: Hey it's Hakeru!

Asura: Who's the guy she's with?

Hakeru: Hey you guys!

T.W: We saw your match you were great!

Asura: Quite enjoyable, so who's your acquaintance?

Hakeru: Oh yeah! This is Ari; he's competing in the tournament too.

Ari: Hello.

T.W: Hi! It's nice to meet you.

Asura: Yeah likewise.

Ari was kind of surprised that no one mentioned you know.

Ari: It doesn't bother you?

Asura and T.W looked at each other in confusion.

T.W: What?

Ari: That I'm a rat.

T.W and Asura just looked at each other and then T.W spoke up-

T.W: Well I have to admit I've never met one before but I didn't want to dwell on it. Besides we're all rodents and I know what it's like to be judged.

Asura: Same here.

Ari: Well that's nice to know.

Hakeru: Well now that we're all acquainted let's explore the park.

Asura: What about your matches?

Ari: There not for a few hours so we thought we'd see more of the park.

T.W: Then let's go!

We then forward to just after Ari's first match-

All his friends came from the stands out onto the ring showing how proud they were of his victory.

Hamtaro: You were great out there; I always know you could win!

T.W: So did I!

Asura: I have to admit I lost faith for a moment but I always believed!

Cappy: And that glowing attack, how did you do it?!

Stan: It's one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Do you think you could teach me how to get taller and have a more alluring voice?!

Ari was very happy to have won but even happier to know his new friends were behind him. Then Hakeru came up to him who had been observing the match very seriously. She then put a smile on her face and with her paw on his shoulder said-

Hakeru: Well done. I hope you do well in the finals.

Ari: Thanks.

Then finally the match against the dark warriors-

Ari: Eat dirt!


He blasts Shuri towards the edge of the ring. But then at high speeds he grabbed him and started punching continuously without hesitation.

In the stands-

Pashmina: He's going mad, make him stop somebody!


Boss: He's gone out of control.

In the ring-

Ari: You want to see my power and now you're getting it full force buddy!

Hakeru: Stop it Ari! You already have him down! Just stop it already!

*he keeps going* Just wake up! You're doing something wrong! Just look at him!


Ari throws Shuri down. He pants and sees him all beat and worn.

Ari: I did this?

He powers down. He turns to Hakeru with his face down in disgrace.

Ari: I'm sorry………

Then after the match-

In the locker room-

Ari: I'm really sorry about before. I went too far this time. I guess I was over doing it.

Hakeru: It's okay. What matters is that you're back to normal.

Ari: I was just so mad that I…well….

Hakeru: Don't get yourself down. Let's just move on. We have one more match together.

Ari: I guess you're right. And thanks for cheering me up.

The flashbacks end there and Ari realizes something.

Ari: Of course, I could never forget our friendship now.

Hamtaro: That's right.

Ari: Now I know how to control my inner power!

He quickly gets up from his chair and starts getting ready.

Hamtaro: Why are you in such a hurry now?

Ari: I can't just dawdle; I have a match to prepare for.

The two smiled as Ari had gotten himself ready and ran out the door, the two soon followed.

Hakeru had finished polishing her sword and put it on the sheath on her back and ran out the door. The two were heading for the other's room when the crashed into each other.

Boss and Hamtaro saw this as they came out of Ari's room closing the door behind them, they quickly go over and help them up and along with T.W and Pashmina go to the lobby to give them some time alone.

The two looked at each other quite puzzling not knowing what to say when only a second ago knew exactly what to say.

Hakeru shrugged her shoulder and Ari tapped his left foot. Soon they both opened the mouths and said

(At the same time)

Ari: Hi!

Hakeru: Hi!

There was a short silence and then-

(At the same time)

Ari: I just wanted to say… I'll see you in the finals!

Hakeru: I just wanted to play… I'll see you in the finals

The paused to realize what the other had said and then Ari spoke up.

Ari: You will?

Hakeru blushed a bit then said-

Hakeru: Yes because, I had my best friend realize that no matter what, we'd always be friends.

Ari: Yeah… Me too.

Hakeru: But don't think for a minute I'm going easy on you. This is going to be a serious all out battle.

(Chuckles a bit)

Ari: Right.

Soon everything and everyone was ready and they soon rode towards the stadium in Asura's plane.

The crowd was bustling as the final day of the tournament was about to begin.

DJ Hamada: Good day everyone! It's the last day of the tournament. We've already seen some fierce competition so I'm sure we'll go out with a bang.


Shapira: Right! The finals are here and the orders are as follow

Our first match will be Andy vs. Okashei.

DJ Hamada: Our second match will be against Hakeru and Ari, and Aoshi vs. Irizu which is the end of block 1. We'll determine the order for the second and final block prior to who wins these next three rounds Will Andy and Okashei come to the ring at once?


They both come on down.

DJ Hamada: Looks like the first match of the finals is about to get underway.

Meanwhile in the locker rooms Hakeru gives her sword another going over. She wondered why even after powering down yesterday the sword was still in its steel form.

(Thinking)

Hakeru: Maybe it's because I'll need my steel form for the fights ahead. Well I'll vow it will be used well today.

Meanwhile in another part of the room Ari held his sword touching the floor starting to feel nervous, not so much fighting a friend but if he can better control his inner power.

(Thinking)

Ari: I thought I had it all figured out, I thought if I kept the friendship with Hakeru and everyone a top thought in my mind it would give a premise to work my power around. But now I fear if that alone won't be enough.

Just then Tomo came in the room and trotted right up to Ari.

Tomo: Hey.

Ari: Hmm? Oh hi.

Tomo: So… Think you'll do alright today?

Ari: I guess so, but why are you asking?

Tomo then nudged his hoove against his back.

Tomo: Hey, I'm your friend now. Aren't I?

Ari perked up and popped a smile on his face.

Ari: *Chuckles a bit* Yeah you are. Sorry it's just I have a lot on my mind.

Tomo: I see, fighting a friend is never easy, believe me I know.

Ari: You do?

Tomo: Yes of course, once when I was a little piglet we had headbutt contests and I remember winning my first bout. Soon I could bash heads with the best of them. One day I decided to compete in the Headbutt duels held every 6 months in my town and the almost everyone goes to spectator or compete. I cleared my way though to the finals it wasn't until then I found out my friend Rocky had also entered and I would face him in the semifinals.

It was tough but I got down to business and won solely on my skills but I lost to the reigning champ, Mr. P. Otherwise know as Makura Paguro.

Ari: I've heard of him, it was in an article I read once.

Tomo: So stop worrying so much, just make sure to do your best and you'll have no reason to feel bad.

Ari: Your right, I'll be sure to give it my all! Thank you.

Tomo: Heh, no problem runt.

Then they high-five each other and Ari runs out to the stadium with Hakeru coming close behind.

Meanwhile outside in the stadium-

DJ Hamada: Amazing! In a stunning upset Okashei pursues victorious.

Shapira: Totally Hamada and in the end, that's what it comes down to.

DJ Hamada: True to that, and now in our second match of the day its tournament upstarts Hakeru and Ari!

The crowd cheers as the two friends come out in the stadium and onto the ring.

(Screen shows a head shot of Ari and his stats)

Shapira: Ari's been doing well up to this point though everyone's kind unsure of his ethics since his last battle.

(Screen shows a head shot of Hakeru and her stats)

DJ Hamada: Hakeru on the other hand has played honestly and flawlessly all the way through. Can she rise to the challenge as done many times before?

Shapira: Well Hamada with the title of champion at stake we can safely assume things are going to really get hot today.

Everyone was cheering for there favorite while there friends cheered the loudest for the both of them.

The two bow to each other and assume position.

Opano: On my mark-

3!

2!

1!

FIGHT!

The two charges at each other and start flinging punches and kicks and both are dodging them all.

DJ Hamada: These two are really going at it as the second match of the finals is well underway.

After many attempts they punch the other's opposite cheek, they stopped and rubbed their faces a bit and keep going, punches were thrown but none connected. Then they each made a kick on the other's other cheek but they didn't stop there.

Before Ari could make a move Hakeru grabbed his arm and twirled around making him dizzy, she than grabbed him by the waist and slams him to the ground the instant she stopped spinning.

She quickly jumped away to avoid a direct attack as Ari stubbly got up and was still dizzy as he zigzagged around the ring.

DJ Hamada: I guess Ari is still affected by that last attack by Hakeru; he can't seem to regain his momentum.

Shapira: Yes and that could cost him the match.

Meanwhile up in the stands it was very intense for the hams, they'd hate to see wither one of there friends loose bur know that they'll both try their hardest.

(Thinking)

Boss: Come on Ari, get it together.

(Thinking)

Pashmina: Have courage.

(Thinking)

Penelope: Okyoo (Oh!)

(Thinking)

T.W: Come on you two, show us what you're truly capable of and I don't mean your inner power.

Meanwhile back on the battlefield Ari gets over his dizziness and draws his sword, Hakeru also draws her sword and they both have there game face on.

Shapira: It looks we've switched from hand combat to swords; I'm intrigued to see what comes from this.

The two run towards each other and sling them at each other, the blades clash and they match each other move for move. Hakeru then uses the side of her sword hitting Ari sending him falling backwards flat on the floor. She then side kicks him to near outside the ring.

He quickly gets up and swings his sword against the strong breeze and sent an invisible band of wind at Hakeru. She shielded some of the blow with her sword but took some hard damage.

"Okay that's it! Said Hakeru fighting against the wind."

She twists her sword around and it changes back to its wooden form, she then charged forward.

Hakeru: Super heart joust!

She trusted her sword forward and ran at top speed. Little light hearts zipped by the gale force of the sword and swerved it and smacked Ari right at the chest sending him flying out of the ring, but he landed on the wall under the lower stands and did a matrix-style wall run sideways back into the ring (minus the slow motion.)

He then starts moving rapidly then jumps in the air; he lifts his left knee and delivers a slash attack which puts Hakeru in pain. She kneels onto the floor and hugs her body looking very frigid but struggles her way back up.

Shapira: Now that was a devastating move on Hakeru's part, I'm not sure she can keep it together.

DJ Hamada: Don't be so sure, I've seen Hakeru in action enough to know

Hakeru was breathing heavily as she stood but keeps herself up. She then takes her sword and starts twirling it like a baton.

(Thinking)

Ari: The move she used on Irizu.

A black light emits from the twirled sword and when Hakeru stops and points it to Irizu and shouts-

Hakeru: BLACK WING BREAKER!!!!!

A large pair of black wings emerges from her sword and hit Ari as he was trying to dodge it knocking him onto the floor. He gets up faces his sword in front of him and a white light consisting of physical, mental, sprit and love energy built up inside him.

Bijou: What's going on down there?

T.W: It could only mean-

Hakeru: Wings of beast. Ha! You can't fool me Ari, I know just how to counter it.

Ari: Wings of beast!!!!!!!!!!

Then he trusted his sword forward and a burst of immense energy emitted, but Hakeru was ready for it. She kissed her hand and blew and an enormous heart appeared.

Hakeru: Crystal kiss shield!

The large energy heart split the attack in half and took great damage to Ari, though deflected Hakeru took some damage but stood through it all.

Ari puts his sword away and waits cautiously as the smoke clears; he's shock to see Hakeru pretty much unaffected.

Ari: What, how is that possible, you weren't effected by my attack at all?

Hakeru: *Snickers* Well that's not true. I actually felt a little pain.

She winks her left eye which gets Ari blushing.

Hakeru: Come on Ari, you promised me your best and I know you're trying but...

Ari: But what?

Hakeru: But we won't get anywhere we have to put down our swords for awhile, I want to test our strength manually.

Ari: Fine then *Takes fighting stance* I'm ready for you let's go!

DJ Hamada: It seems according to our combatants they've been holding back, I wonder what will happen now.

Soon the two fighters gather there power and in an instant they disappeared.

Shapira: What's this?! It seems Ari and Hakeru have left the sight of the stadium.

The crowd was murmuring of what just happened.

Opano: If they've left the ring then I'll have to-

Yurushi: They have not left, there moving at such advanced speed you must have a keen eye to see them. Hold my paw and close your eyes.

Opano: Okay?

Opano goes over to the chairman and does as her ask; he finds that he was right. He could now feel and see through his mind Ari and Hakeru at highly fast movements.

Opano: I see it now, thank you chairman.

Yurushi takes his mike and makes an announcement that the match is still on but the fighters are moving at very high speeds and to watch the jumbo screen to see little flickers at high speeds.

T.W: I didn't realize they could move this fast, it's amazing.

Hamtaro: You can see them at this speed?

T.W: Yes you mean you can as well?

Hamtaro: Uh-huh.

Boss: I can't see them, I can't even feel them.

Then T.W holds out his paw to Boss-

T.W: Grab my hand; I'll share my sight with you.

Boss: Heke?

T.W: Just hold it.

Boss: Oh alright.

He takes it and in an instant he can see the fast paced combat between Ari and Hakeru.

Boss: I see it now, but how.

T.W: I'll explain later, everyone grab on!

So one friend grabbed T.W's hand and more friends grabbed onto the hand of the one who held T.W directly and vice versa for Boss until they were all connected in a chain and saw their friend's amazing speed for themselves.

DJ Hamada: I've never seen fighters that move faster then sight, but that goes without saying. I'm afraid I can't tell whose leading right now so bare with me.

Everyone was flabbergasted except for Yurushi, Opano and the friends that saw the amazing combat that unfolded.

Ari and Hakeru went back and forth both hitting and missing with punches and kicks, soon after much speedy combat they return to everyone sights and are on opposite sides of the ring.

Yurushi releases his grip on Opano's paw-

Yurushi: They have returned to everyone's normal sight.

Opano: I see. I better get back up there.

As Opano made his way back to the ring everyone else was confused at to what just happened, well almost everyone as T.W said it was ok to release the chain.

T.W: It's so amazing, they've really surpassed there limitations.

Tomo: The runt had that kind of power, I now see why I lost.

Meanwhile back in the ring the two just stood there on opposite sides of the ring though both got in strong hits there weren't even breathing hard.

Ari: Well that was fun; I'm having so much fun.

Hakeru: Yeah me too, well I've only just begun.

Ari: Same here, so are you ready?

Hakeru: I think it's time.

Pashmina: There's something I don't understand, how you saw them when they were moving so fast.

Voice: It's simple.

They turn to see Aoshi.

Aoshi: Very experienced fighters can sense and see combat at very high speeds that surpassed the normal average sight of others.

Boss: This happened before, during Ari's match with Tomo, T.W and Hamtaro could sense the great increase in power but I couldn't. Why is that? Field hams should be capable of this sort of thing.

Aoshi: Not necessarily, you see fighters have a different mind set then even the sharpest street smart animals. You must obviously not be at a very high level.

What?! "Who are you to judge me?! Said Boss enraged."

Aoshi: Well it's true, if you had the experience you claim then you wouldn't have to rely on the young lad to see the high speed motion of combat.

Boss: Well explain him for instance; I've never seen him fight.

T.W blushed a bit and everyone but Aoshi was curious.

Boss: You mean you've been in a fight?

T.W: Yes on my travels but only when I saw no other way.

Hamtaro: Well I'm not a fighter so how come I can see no problem.

T.W: Well there are exceptions to Aoshi's explanation, some beings that are pure and innocent in heart can sense the ways of a fighter. So you must fit that classification, you might even have been a great warrior in a former life.

Hamtaro: Wow.

Tomo: As informational as this I think we should keep our eyes on the fight; I think it's really about to heat up.

True enough as they turned around they saw that Ari and Hakeru have only been playing around, now there about to get serious.

Ari: I'm ready, are you?

Hakeru: Yes.

They begin to power up and soon they have tapped into their inner power.

(Thinking)

Hakeru: The real battle starts now.

(Thinking)

Ari: Please let me control this power, let me control it!

Aoshi: They've tapped into there inner, and it's more intriguing than I realized.

T.W: This is it guys, the final bout. (Hakeru, be careful)

Everyone watched in awe as things began to take a destined turn, after feeling each other out they now are fighting with all they have. Will Ari be able to handle his inner power this time and will Hakeru have a new trick to save her?

Whatever you do, don't miss round 2. This time there's more to loose than just a match.

Preview of next chapter

T.W: This is it everyone the match between Ari and Hakeru will end and some questionable matches begin.

Hamtaro: I think your getting ahead of yourself; we're still a ways away.

Both: Next time-

Friends to the end, Ari vs. Hakeru part II (Conclusion)

You don't want to miss it!

Who will win? Find out in just a few seconds!