Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Boss's Chirstmas Wish ❯ The search for Santa, two divided spirits ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The next day T.W groggily awoke from sleep and started to get antsy-

T.W: Oh no I overslept!

Meanwhile out in a snowy field Boss stood there looking up at the cloudy sky with not a snowflake in sight, Hamtaro and Bijou were walking by and came up to him.

Bijou: Boss?

He turned to see his friends looking a little tired.

Bijou: I figured you'd be out again, we're going to have brunch over at T.W's place. Annette, Gari and Henrietta will be there then after they have to head home. Are you coming?

Hamtaro: We've been worried about you Boss, the past year you haven't been the same.

Boss: I haven't been the same?

Bijou: Well you've been disappearing since last week and we think you're exhausting yourself.

(A little cold)

Boss: I've been exhausting myself.

Hamtaro: Well, I didn't mean-

Bijou: You've just been feeling far too low and we think you should come to the brunch, You need to start having fun again. It's the holidays after all.

(Really cold)

Boss: Just be quiet! I don't need you're worry, I don't have time for fun! Besides I just can't see her again.

They were confused by this and he started to run off-

Boss: I have to get home anyway.

Just then Stan stepped forward unaware of what was going on.

Stan: Hold it right there Boss, it's time for a contest. Tennis, Basketball I'm up for anything. You're choice-

But Boss just ran by him without saying a word.

Stan: Huh? Hey wait a minute get back here! I need some compititon for crying out loud. What of our great rivalry, what will I do with myself?

But he was long gone, he lowered his head and said-

Stan: Please wait up.

Hamtaro: Boss has changed he seems real down for some reason.

Bijou: He must really missed whoever T.W was talking about the other day, I wonder who it was to make him act this way.

Boss was running further and further away not wanting anyone to see his face-

(Thinking)

Boss: I just can't let them know, it'll ruin everyone's Christmas. I'm too afraid to see Annette again, what if she rejects me too.

A few hours later the girls and Gari left with Hamtaro and Bijou to the airport for home, T.W waved goodbye from his porch and soon were out of sight.

T.W: That was a nice brunch, I sure hope they visit again. Now to put operation "Holiday cheer up " into action.

So he grabbed his backpack from the hall, strapped it on and left closing the door behind him. He only got a few feet away from his house when he got dizzy and fell in the snow. He quickly got back up and headed for the clubhouse-

T.W: Why have I been so tired?

Later on he had reached the clubhouse and opened the door a tiny bit-

T.W: I guess I'm the only one here today-

He saw Boss with something at the table and the went to his bedroom-

T.W: He looks more wiped than I am, maybe I can cheer him up.

So he quietly tip toes in and sees the stack of music on the table.

Meanwhile in the bedroom-

Boss: Where's the special envelope the score came in? I know I left it in here.

Back out in the room

T.W: I guess he was storing this, I'll put it away for him.

So he takes the stack and looks for the orange envelope they belonged in, just then he tripped over a box and the music flew all over the room.

(Just came out from the bedroom)

Boss: I knew I'd find it, huh?

He saw his special score scattered all over and T.W feeling very nervous.

Boss: What is this?

T.W: Well I um, I-

Boss walked closer and looked around-

Boss: Did you do this?

(Boss bent down and started to collect all the music)

T.W: It was an accident I was trying to put it away but I tripped and it all just… I'm really sorry Boss, I just wanted to help you I miss the way things were before.

Boss: Please stop trying to help me.

T.W was teary eyed but still kept a level head and tried to pick everything up-

Boss: Please… GET OUT OF HERE!

T.W was shocked by the harsh tone of Boss's voice.

Boss: T.W just, go away.

T.W was really upset and looked like he was about to cry and then just ran out the door. Boss started to collect the music and put in the envelope-

Boss: I have to put on a brave face, I have to let my friends enjoy Christmas, I can't tell them, I can't.

Meanwhile elsewhere T.W was crying something awful not sure what to do-

T.W: Boss I, I'm just so sorry.

Then he heard a familiar voice-

Bijou: T.W?

He looked up to see Bijou and Hamtaro.

Hamtaro: Why are crying, did you get hurt?

T.W: Hamtaro, Bijou I… Oh!

He leaped up and grasped them tightly.

(Crying)

T.W: I just don't know what to do anymore, Boss is so upset and I almost ruined his music and now I don't know what to do.

The two looked at each not sure what to say-

Hamtaro: I'm not sure what we should tell him.

Bijou: Neither do I.

T.W: Huh?

Hamtaro: Well you see…

Bijou: We came by to tell you that we'll be with our familes until Christmas.

T.W: Oh. That makes sense. well you have a great Christmas.

Hamtaro: Thanks but-

T.W: Yeah?

Hamtaro: Well we're worried about you and Boss

Bijou: We don't feel right about being gone at a time like this, we want to help.

T.W: Don't worry, I'm sure it will work out.

Bijou: Well I'm sure but-

Hamtaro: You were crying just now.

T.W: Well I was being a little dramatic, we've had fights before. We'll have fights again.

Hamtaro: It's just-

Bijou: We're really worried.

T.W: Look out it's a cat.

Both: What?! Where-

T.W then kissed them both on the cheek-

(^^)

T.W: I gotcha!

Bijou: T.W-

T.W: Happy holidays!

Hamtaro: How can you be so cheerful so quickly?

T.W: I'll be alright I' m sure. Boss and I have had many fights before this and we always work it out. I'm sure we will this time too. So please enjoy your holidays and we'll be fine. Ok?

Hamtaro: Well I'm still not convinced but if you insist we'll go.

T.W: Good.

Bijou: But Hamtaro-

Hamtaro: We have to trust his word, he's never let us down before.

Bijou: All right then, I guess we'll see you later.

So they head for home-

T.W: Bye! I'll see you later!

After taking one last look back they quickly head for home, soon the clouds got dark and it started to rain. As it rained T.W began to cry again.

(Thinking)

T.W: It's never been like this, what do I do?

He cried for quite a long time, a bit away Elder ham was holding a leaf umbrella watching the whole thing.

Soon after he went to the airport and took off in Asura's plane headed for the North Pole. After hours of flight he finally made to the frozen north. Asura carefully landed the Rouroni down in a soft patch of snow.

Asura: You can wake up now we're here.

T.W got out of the plane to see endless snow all around, good thing he was wearing a faux fur coat that kept him toasty warm.

Asura: I wish I could've taken you straight to your destination but I have no idea where it could be.

T.W: Thanks this is good enough, I'll find him and hope my wish comes true.

So after a quick goodbye Asura flies off leaving T.W to begin his search-

(Thinking)

T.W: I have to find him, for Boss's sake.

So he started his search in this snowy land for a sign of the jolly soul. Meanwhile back home-

Boss: He said what?

Hamtaro: Well he told us you've been missing someone and we want to know who it is.

Bijou: It's only fair you talk about what's making you so miserable.

Boss: I just can't it would ruin your Christmas.

Bijou: I'll tell you what's ruining our Christmas, your awful spirit!

Boss: What?

Bijou: We've all been worried about you for awhile, T.W's been the most worried. Don't you see, your sulking is bringing everyone down.

Boss: But I was trying to prevent that, if I said anything I was afraid you'd spend your whole holiday worrying about me.

Bijou didn't know what to say to that and she turned away-

Boss: Besides it's family business.

Bijou: I thought we we're family, maybe not through blood but by heart. Do you know what T.W is doing right now? He's been searching for whoever you're missing so terribly.

Boss was stunned, he didn't realize that's what T.W's been doing all this time.

Bijou: You know sometimes you can be so clueless, who could you have lost that makes you act so dumb!

Then Bijou stormed out of the room leaving Boss cold.

Boss: I didn't want this to happen, it wasn't supposed to be this way.

Hamtaro: Boss.

Meanwhile back in the North Pole T.W continued his search for Santa's workshop hoping to make an important wish comes true. The winds blow harsh with anger and force and the snow nearly blinds your view.

"Koibito ga Santa Claus" plays in the background-

Mukashi tonari no oshare na o-nee-san wa

Kurisumasu no hi watashi ni itta

Konya hachi-ji ni nareba

Santa ga uchi ni yatte kuru

Chigau yo sore wa ehon dake no o-hanashi

Sou iu watashi ni uinku shite

Demo ne otona ni nareba

Anata mo wakaru sono uchi ni

Koibito ga Santa Claus

Hontou wa Santa Claus

Tsumuji kaze oikoshite

Koibito ga Santa Claus

Se no takai Santa Claus

Yuki no machi kara kita

T.W:

Where is my Santa now? I've been waiting long, so long.

Are kara

Ikutsu fuyu ga megurikita deshou

Ima mo kanojo o omoidasu kedo

Aruhi tooi machi e to

Santa ga tsurete ittakiri

Sou yo ashita ni nareba

Watashi mo kitto wakaru hazu

Koibito ga Santa Claus

Hontou wa Santa Claus

Purezento o kakaete

Koibito ga Santa Claus

Samusou ni Santa Claus

Yuki no machi kara kuru

Koibito ga Santa Claus

Hontou wa Santa Claus

Tsumuji kaze oikoshite

Koibito ga Santa Claus

Se no takai Santa Claus

Watashi no uchi ni kuru

Soon the song ends and T.W finds himself still stumbling through the snow looking for any sign of Santa.

T.W: I… Must find him, so Boss can finally cheer up-

Meanwhile Boss was taking a walk when he saw something diving from the sky-

Boss: Huh?

It was Asura's plane and it crashed landed right by him, Asura fell out feeling very dizzy. Boss goes over and helps him up-

Boss: Asura are you alright?

Asura: Yeah I'm fine. It was rough flying at the North Pole.

Boss: The north pole, why were you there?

Back at the North Pole T.W was down right freezing but kept slowly walkng onward.

(Softly)

T.W: Santa, where are you? I just-

His eyes started to weaken.

T.W: I've failed… Gomen ne… Boss-

He then collapsed in the snow completely wiped out.

Soon after that Asura's plane returned to the North Pole with Boss and immediately got out of the plane.

Boss: T.W? Where are you?

He looked around but couldn't see him, he started to walk around for any trace of his friend-

Boss: That's the last time I tell him a secret, what could be so important to come out here?

Just then he saw T.W fallen in the snow nearly frozen.

Boss: T.W?

But he didn't respond.

(Bends down)

Boss: Hey get up from there, you'll get very sick.

But he was out like a light.

Boss: Uh, T?

Nothing got him up.

(Teary eyed)

Boss: What? No, No! T.W! No! T.W! No!

He remained still and in a deep sleep-

Boss: What's wrong? Please wake up, come on! Please, T.W!

Preview of next chapter-

Boss: Come on T, don't do this to me. You're just hungry right, have some Takoyaki. All right if you're really sick I'm not mad that you told about my secret. Just please open your eyes *voice breaks* that's all I ask-

Open you're eyes, T.W!

T.W: The next part of the Hamtaro Generation Christmas special is "I'm sorry T.W"

T.W: Boss will you ever be happy again?