Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Boss's Chirstmas Wish ❯ The party arrives! Reflections of two girls and a guy ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The next day was special, it was the day of the Christmas party and everyone had a great day of food, games and song. Then it was time to open the last few presents.

Henrietta: For you Bijou.

Bijou: Thank you Henrietta, I wonder what it could be.

She careful unwrapped the box and opened it to see a white sunhat with blue flowers around it.

Bijou: This is beautiful *tries it on* I just love it. Here's your present-

She hands her a small box with a bow on it, she opens it up to see a bracelet with the Star of David charm on it.

Henrietta: Oh Bij, it's beautiful.

She tries it on and it sparkles-

Henrietta: Thank you.

Bijou: It was my pleasure.

Hakeru: Now its my turn.

She takes a gift from the tree and hands it to T.W-

Hakeru: I've been hiding this from you for weeks.

T.W: Oh boy!

He opens it up to find a takoyaki grill.

T.W: A takoyaki grill, I've been wishing for this! Thanks Hakeru, here's your gift from me.

He takes a gift form the tree and gives it to her-

Hakeru: I can only guess what a whimsical mind like yours got me.

She tears opened the box to find some mistletoe-shaped barrettes.

Hakeru: How precious, thanks.

She quickly takes off the barrettes she has on and puts on her new ones.

Hakeru: How do they look?

T.W: Just great, and you know the rule-

Since Hakeru was wearing miseltoe-shaped barrettes it meant T.W was in a sense under the mistletoe so he gave her a kiss on the cheek.

(Blushing)

Hakeru: I should've known.

Hamtaro: Is that all the gifts?

T.W: Yep except this one.

He grabbed the last present from the tree-

T.W: This is for someone special, who got me through the toughest times.

He then hands it to a surprised Boss-

T.W: Merry Christmas dad.

Boss opened up the box to find-

Boss: Oh wow!

It was a beautiful golden shovel.

T.W: It's real gold, I went mining in my spare time umtil I had enough. It'll never break, it's easy to clean and doesn't stick to anything.

Boss: This is great.

T.W; Look at the inscription.

In the skinny part of the shovel read "To a priceless inspiration."

Boss: This is great, thanks.

T.W: Look inside again there's more.

He looked inside again and took out a mirror locket, he opened it up to see of picture of him and T.W inside it.

T.W: This way we'll always be together.

Boss: It's great thank you.

Soon after the party ended and everyone left as Boss started to clean up-

Boss: I guess this party was a good idea and not just for the presents. It made me realize my friends are always there for me. So after holidays are over I'll tell them about everything and play the song for them.

Meanwhile at T.W's house he and Hamtaro were in the den talking.

T.W: While I can't tell you everything I know something's been troubling Boss, I know why he's been so flighty. He misses someone he knew a long time ago and been missing for years, now I'm going to find them.

Hamtaro: Can't you tell me more? I want to help.

T.W: I'm sorry but I just can't, I have to do this myself.

Just then the doorbell rang-

T.W: I'll be right back-

He goes to answer the door and saw it was Bijou.

Bijou: Bonjour can I come in?

T.W: Sure Bijou.

So now three friends are talking and it seems a lot gets out.

Bijou: So Boss has been missing someone?

T.W: Yeah, someone he knew before we met him, he told me last week but I can't say who it is.

Bijou: You know Boss has seemed down ever since Paris, I just feel he isn't all there with us. It's like he's hiding something.

T.W: I know what you mean, especially that day-

We flashback quickly-

Boss: I DON`T WANT TO LOOSE ANYTHING ELSE!

The flashback ends there-

T.W: How can you mend a broken heart? I almost don't know how I made it though, Bijou can't you talk to him?

Bijou: But what would I say? I just don't-

T.W: I know but maybe you can reach him where the rest of us can't. Will you at least try for me?

She thought long and hard came to a realization.

Bijou: I'm sorry but I just can't do it. I've made my decision hard as it was and he'll have to deal with it.

T.W: Well I understand, I had another thing planned. I hope it works.

Bijou and Hamtaro were confused and wondered what their friend had planned.

At the clubhouse Boss was by the closet starting at his mother's sheet music not knowing what he was feeling, just then the doorbell rang-

Boss: I wonder who that is.

He went to the door and opened it to find it was Annette.

Boss: Annette?

Annette: It's time we had a talk.

So they sit at the big table beside each other and begin to talk.

Annette: I have to know were we stand, that kiss has been in my mind all this time and I have to know what it meant to you.

Boss: Well I'm not sure, I guess it means a new beginning.

Annette: A new beginning? How so?

Boss: It's just, ever since I met you I felt blessed.

Annette: Blessed, to meet me?

Boss: It's kind of hard to explain, this spring I went on a journey to find someone at least that's what I thought. In actual fact I was on a journey to find more about myself. I'm not much of a dreamer but I believe we were meant to find each other. Don't ask me why but I feel that you're who I was really searching for unless you don't feel the same and I've made another mistake-

Then Annette held her paw against his and a warmness filled the air.

Annette: I think you're absolutely right Boss, we were meant to meet and I'm glad we did.

Boss: Annette I-

Then they pulled apart from each other and Annette ran out the door before another word was spoken. Boss at first couldn't move then got up and simply closed the door and leaned his back against it.

Boss: Who would've guessed?

Outside you could hear the church bells ringing from very far away on such a quiet and gentle night. Back inside "Last Christmas" played on the radio while Boss straightened up the clubhouse.

(In the background Boss singing)

Song: Last Christmas I gave you my heart, but the very next day you gave it away. This year, to save me from tears, I'll give it to someone special.

Meanwhile out in the snow covered grass Bijou was walking home wearing the blue scarf that Boss gave her-

(In the background Bijou singing)

Song: Last Christmas I gave you my heart, but the very next day you gave it away-

Chorus: Gave it away-

(In the background singing)

Bijou: This year, to save me from tears, I'll give it to someone special.

Then Bijou thought-

(Thinking)

Bijou: On Christmas Eve, I fell in love under this big fir

tree. Meeting you made my heart feel on fire. I had

no idea it was to feel like this.

Meanwhile Boss was taking a soak in the tub of warm water with bubbles all over in a dazed state of relaxation.

(In the background singing)

Boss: Once bitten and twice shy. I keep my distance but you still catch my eye. Tell me baby, do you recognize me? Well it's been a year, it doesn't surprise me-

Bijou had made it home and started to climb up the tree to Maria's room-

(In the background singing)

Boss: (Happy Christmas) I wrapped it up and sent it. With a note saying 'I love you' I meant it, now I know what a fool I've been, but if you kissed me now. I know you'd fool me again.

(Bijou made it to the window ledge and opened the window a smidge and went inside closing it behind her)

Song: Last Christmas I gave you my heart. But the very next day you gave it away. This year, to save me from tears, I'll give it to someone special.

(Boss was out of the shower had a towel wrapped around his waist and was putting new warm sheets on his bed)

Song: Last Christmas I gave you my heart, but the very next day you gave it away-

Chorus: Gave it away-

(In the background singing)

Bijou: This year, to save me from tears, I'll give it to someone special.

As Boss put the covers on the bed he thought the night after the dance when Annette kissed him-

(Thinking)

Boss: When you moved your mouth, suddenly it took me. I felt shy looking at your eyes Your smile, so sweet, kissed my lips so gently.

[I think that's what she's saying, at least... =)]

Meanwhile Bijou was in her cage and Bijou held the blue scarf tightly-

(In the background Boss and Bijou singing)

Song: A crowded room, friends with tired eyes. I'm hiding from you, and your soul of ice. My god I thought you were someone to rely on. Me? I guess I was a shoulder to cry on.

Boss was in bed with the covers over him feeling a little restless.

(At the same time)

Boss: A face on a lover with a fire in her heart, a woman under cover but you tore me apart-

Bijou: A face on a lover with a fire in his heart, a man under cover but you tore me apart-

Tore me apart!

Both: Now I've found a real love you'll never fool me again.

(Split screen of both of them falling fast asleep)

Last Christmas

I gave you my heart

But the very next day you gave it away

This year

To save me from tears

I'll give it to someone special

Meanwhile Annette was sitting on a couch in the den of T.W's house listening to the radio with Gari asleep on her lap-

(In the background singing)

Annette: Last Christmas I gave you my heart, but the very next day you gave it away-

Chorus: Gave it away-

(In the background singing)

Annette: This year, to save me from tears, I'll give it to someone special.

(In the background singing)

Annette: A face on a lover with a fire in his heart

A man under cover but you tore him apart-

Tore him apart-

(She sighed a bit)

Annette: (Maybe next year)-

(In the background)

Boss: I'll give it to someone-

(In the background)

Bijou: I'll give it to someone special.

Soon everyone was asleep and the outside the church bells rang again and the song ends to hear some jingling bells from the sky.