Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Boss's Chirstmas Wish ❯ Stories of a rememberance song, Boss's childhood revealed ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Soon a week passed just like that and it was the day before the party and Bijou and Hakeru were walking along a path clear of snow.

Hakeru: You should see my house Bijou, the family really made it cheery and bright.

Bijou: Mine is too, and you should see the huge tree.

Hakeru: Yeah well ours is pretty big too.

Just then they looked ahead to see someone familiar-

Henrietta: Hey don't stop on my account.

Bijou: Henrietta!

They run to each other and hug-

Bijou: When did you get here?

Henrietta: I decided to come and visit, besides you wrote me about the party you're throwing and I had to be there.

Bijou: Are the others here?

Henrietta: No they couldn't get away but they send their best wishes, it's just me and Annette.

Hakeru: Annette's here, and Gari?

Henrietta: Yeah, there staying with T.W, but we can only stay until after the party. We want to get home for the holidays.

Bijou: I understand.

Hakeru: So is there anything you want to do while you're here?

Henrietta: Well actually there is…

We soon find the girls at T.W's café where they were being served up a piece of his famous Pumpkin pie.

T.W: Enjoy.

Girls: We will.

They each take a bite and found it very tasty.

Henrietta: So Hakeru, how's everything going with your new boyfriend?

Hakeru: Just fine thank you, it was a little shaky after he came back near the summer's end but it's all great now.

T.W: Well it should, she had free meals here for a week.

Everyone laughs and T.W goes back into the storeroom.

Henrietta: Since were on the subject of boyfriends, Bij have you told Hamtaro how you feel?

Bijou: Not yet no.

Henrietta: Girl I know it's hard but you've got to get it together, if you don't snag him somebody will soon.

Hakeru: Don't pick on her, she'll tell him when she's ready. But I know what you mean, I'm glad I got T.W in time.

Bijou: It's just…

Henrietta: Is it because of Boss?

Bijou: It's not that anymore, now I'm just shy.

Meanwhile at the clubhouse Boss was by himself and was going through the closet until he found and old piece of sheet music.

Boss: This was your song, wasn't it mother?

We flashback to a few years ago to see a younger Boss sitting on a piano bench with his mother playing that song, Boss was enchanted by the enriching melody and twitched his feet to it.

Boss: This song is incredible mommy.

Mother: I think so too.

We here the song in the background as we see Boss out in the large backyard of his house enjoying the outdoors-

(Narrating from the present)

Boss: It always seemed magical there in that big house. I learned many things there, certainly my basic music skills from my mother, she and my father taught the importance of tunnel building and I practiced in my sandbox everyday. Mostly everything I know is thanks to them. Then one day-

It was winter and it was a harsh snowstorm, the winds were howling with the wolves and the family of three fought their way through it to get home to their warm, comfy home.

Boss: I can't see anything mommy, I can't see you.

Mother: Don't worry son, I still have your paw. Just hold on tight.

Father: I'm right here too, just keep it up a little bit longer.

Just then a strong gust of wind broke Boss's grip on his mother and everything went white-

Boss: Mommy!

Mother: Keep going Boss, we'll see you at home! Just keep moving forward!

Boss was hesitant but continued to move forward, meanwhile somewhere in the blizzard-ridden forest Boss's mother and father huddle up to keep warm-

Mother: Jonah, I can't move!

Jonah: Don't you worry Anne, we'll get though this together.

Later on Boss had made it home and sat close by the fire he had made in the fireplace in the living room. He shivered awhile and looked out the window every so often to catch site of his parents.

Later the next day the storm had finally ended, Boss was asleep on the living room, the fireplace long extinguished and he groggily awoke to wonder if his parents had returned. He looked all over the house but couldn't find them. He then went outside and searched high and low for them but they were no were to be found.

Boss: Where are you? Okasan-

(Narrating from the present)

Boss: That was the day my life changed forever. Ever since that storm I've been alone. I started my life fresh from that day forward and I've never looked back.

The flashback ends to see Boss sitting in front of the tree holding the sheet music to his heart.

Boss: I wonder what they're doing right now, I wonder.

Soon a little while later Boss went outside with a nice parka and matching with the same insignia that's on his usual hat. With snowshoes on he walks through the deep snow in a less traveled path to the forest.

Boss: I wonder if it's still there.

After going a bit further he saw something familiar up ahead-

Boss: I don't believe it, it's still here!

He ran down the hill and saw it was his old house from the very large and tall oak tree. He ran up to the porch and took the key from under the welcome mat-

Boss: Just like old times.

He opens the door with the key and places it in his coat pocket, he looks inside to see while it collected some dust it was still the same home he remembered it. He walked around and saw all the rooms were just as he left them all those years ago.

Boss: I haven't been in this house in a long time.

Soon down the hall he entered another room to find it was the great room where he saw the large Red grand piano. Boss went up to it and blew the dust off.

Boss: I remember this, mother used to play this for me all the time. She even taught me a few songs.

We flashback again to see a younger Boss in this very room at the piano bench fiddling with the piano while his father read a book by the fire.

Boss: Oh I just can't get it.

Just then his mother came in and sat down beside him-

Anne: What can't you get little one?

Boss: I have no idea how to play the piano.

Anne: That's okay, when I was your age I didn't know either. But my mother taught me and I can teach you if you like.

Boss: Ok.

Anne: When ever you're trying something new it's always best to start with the basics first.

Boss: What are the basics?

Anne: That's like when you learned to walk, you didn't learn right away it took a few tries before you got the hang of it, it's the same with the piano. The best thing to learn for starters are the scales, let me show you-

She played a set of scales on the piano-

Anne: Now you try.

Boss: Ok-

So he tried but it wasn't successful.

Boss: Oh cats, I messed up.

Anne: That's alright, it takes much practice. Do you want to try again?

Boss: You bet!

So he continued to practice, and he stayed at that piano all afternoon. The next day he continued his scales and got much better, he even gave his snacks and only stopped for his three squares and didn't go outside for awhile.

Soon after 10 days of practice he mastered the scales and his mother was very proud.

Boss: I did it mommy.

Anne: You sure did, are you ready to learn you're first song today?

Boss: Yes, please.

So she took a piece of sheet music and placed on the stand-

Anne: Do remember our music-reading lessons?

Boss: Yes.

Anne: Ok then, try playing this. It's "London Bridge."

Boss: Right! I'm ready.

So he took a feel for the notes and started to play, we end the flashback to see Boss playing it in the present flawlessly.

(Thinking)

Boss: This was the first song I learned, I remember how proud I felt. Mom was proud too but not so much for taking up piano but for me trying something new and giving it all I had, and I loved the special time we spent together.

After playing awhile Boss heads out to the backyard and sees the old sandbox covered in ice with the sand frozen inside, along with a pail and shovel.

Boss: I remember this old sandbox, dad and I would play here all the time, whenever I wasn't practicing piano.

We flashback again to see a bright spring day and Boss was burrowing thorough the sandbox. His dad came out back looking for him-

Jonah: Boss it's time for our walk.

Boss was deep in the sandbox and giggled thinking his dad would never find him. That's when Jonah caught on to his game-

(Whimsically)

Jonah: Now I wonder where my little spelunker could be hiding.

He casually made his way over to the sandbox and Boss popped his head out.

Boss: You found me!

Jonah: So I did, are you ready for our walk?

Boss: Yep.

So Jonah helped Boss out of the sandbox and brushes the sand off and they headed toward the front of the house where Anne was waiting.

Anne: Well here are my boys, take your coats. It's a bit nippy out.

Jonah: Thanks dear, make sure you're all bundled up Boss.

Soon everyone was in a warm jacket and holding the others hand started off on their walk and the flashback ends there. We see Boss sitting at the dusty but still grand piano and thought-


(Thinking)
Boss: Maybe I could play it for the others someday.

Meanwhile T.W was shoveling the path leading to the porch of his house thinking of Boss's story.

(Thinking)

T.W: I can't stop thinking about what said to me. There must be something I can do.

We flashback to that day-

Boss: I don't everyone to spend their Christmas worrying about me. Besides it was a long time ago.

The flashbacks ends and we return to the present to see T.W getting dizzy and fall in the snow, he lifted his head from the imprint he made and said-

T.W: I can't believe that's what happened there has to be something I can do.

He thought long and hard about it and then-

T.W: I've got it, Santa Claus! He would know what happened to Boss's parents and bring them here for Christmas.

Meanwhile everyone else at the clubhouse was setting up for tomorrow's holiday party, ribbons and streamers decorated the walls and the large party table was brought out. Pashmina spreaded out the large tablecloth over the table and Oxnard and Penelope set up stacks of plates and silverware all around. Soon it was all nicely decorated.

Hamtaro: Well I'd say we did a bang up job, great teamwork everyone.

Just then T.W walked in-

T.W: Afternoon all. sorry I'm late. Wow the place looks great,

Hakeru: Doesn't it, it took awhile but it was well worth it.

T.W: I guess we're all ready for the party, where's Boss?

Bijou: He went out awhile ago, I hope he's alright it's not good weather to be out for very long.

Just then Boss came in looking a little peaked.

Hamtaro: Well it's about time, we were starting to worry.

Boss: I was out shoveling a path so it would be easier for you all to get home. The place looks great.

Cappy: Boss you're looking tired, maybe you should lie down.

Boss: I guess so, that's a good idea.

So Boss went to his bedroom and shut the door, he then squirmed into bed and took a rest, meanwhile everyone had gone home excited about the party. T.W had also gone home and was in room straightning up. Soon after he then laid back in bed completely wiped out.

T.W: I don't understand. Why am I so tired?