Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Boss's Chirstmas Wish ❯ Susan's holiday bash! A morn of caroling after ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Meanwhile at T.W's home he was decorating all over the house, putting holly on the banister, a green reef with a red bow on his front door and a setup and beautified a large tree in the living room.

T.W: 3 hours, my first record in this house. This I know is going the best Christmas ever.

Just then he heard a knock on the door, he went over to answer it. It was Hakeru.

Hakeru: Holiday Hamha T.

T.W: Holiday Hamha Hakeru. Have you come for the recipes?

Hakeru: Yeah. Susan wants to make the Christmas eve dinner all herself, and she told me to thank you for the gingerbread recipe.

T.W: No problem.

He goes to his small table by the coat and hat stand and gets the bundle of recipes and hands them to Hakeru.

Hakeru: Thanks and I'll see you at the party tomorrow.

T.W: Wouldn't miss it.

So Hakeru left off the porch and left for home, T.W closed the door behind him and soon found after looking outside it's gotten quite late and soon went to bed.

The next day T.W woke a bit late and was as busy as ever, he made sure he was well groomed and his teeth were shiny and clean, his breath was cool but not as cool as the winter snow and wore a neon red dress tux with matching bow tie and white ruffles underneath.

(Mirror check)

T.W: Perfection!

Then his grandfather clock downstairs chimed at precisely 2:00 PM.

T.W: Well the party starts in 2 hours and I have so much to do.

He races downstairs, grabs his coat and heads right out the door closing it behind him. He heads out to the backyard and got his bike out of the shed. Earlier in the season he took off his old tires and put on snow tires. He got on and rode off down the road.

Meanwhile at Chris's house Chris and her mom we're getting ready for the party as well. Chris's mom was wearing a beautiful and roomy evening gown with her hair down in light curly locks and her gold wedding band on her left pointer finger. Chris was in his room going over his outfit one more time.

Chris: Well I'll look as spiffy as I can get. Holiday party here I come!

And with that he heads downstairs and he and his mom head out the closing the door and locking it behind them as they walk down the street.

Soon at Susan's house everything was all ready and beautifully decorated and the doorbell rang, with Hakeru on her shoulder she went and answered it. It was Chris and T.W atop his head in spiffy clothes, they were the first to arrive.

Susan: Hey guys nice timing, you're the first to arrive.

Chris: Great then.

He walked inside and closed the door behind them, Chris left his shoes at the door and went over to the party table.

Susan: Would you like some punch? I made it myself

Chris: Thanks but we should wait for everyone.

Susan: Yeah you're right, they should be here soon.

Just then the doorbell rang, T.W quickly went upstairs to Susan's room. Susan went to answer it and saw that everyone was waiting outside.

Susan: Welcome I'm so glad you made it!


Everyone quickly came inside and Susan slipped a CD in the stereo, the song "More happy Christmas starts to play-

Susan: Ok everybody, let's party!

All: Merry Christmas!

Everyone got to dancing to the beat and started to sing along-

(Singing)

Susan: The snow gently floating down, repaints the world white, snow white-

(Singing)

Travis: The tears of yesterday, the fights of the day before yesterday, too, seem to be hidden.

(Singing)

Chris: While I put up stockings, I'm happy of writing down the things that I want-

(Singing)

Laura: On the contrary, it's great to search for these and those things that I want to give, too.

(Singing)

Maria: If we collect and bring little wreaths or little jingle bells-

(Singing)

Susan: Even my heart that only pretends to be strong will laugh, on an only once-a-year Party!

Quick instrumental-

(Singing)

All: "More and more happy! Everyone, everyone's happy…!!"

Let's sing with our wishes, these days before Christmas.

Laura: So that our-

Travis: Undefeated-

Chris: Passionate-

Maria: Thoughts in the-

All: Swaying candlelights won't disappear!

The next verse-

(Singing)

All: Happy feelings, fun feelings, we were born from mother's heart to discover them.

Susan: Even the dream-

Laura: That I can't fulfill-

Maria: All alone-

Chris: If everyone's-

All: By my side then surely, it'll be fulfilled.

During the instrumental everyone was conversing-

Susan: This is the best! I've never thrown a party before.

Laura: Well I'd say you're doing a great job.

Chris: This punch is great! What's in it?

Susan: Sorry can't tell ya, it's a secret family recipe.

Chris: Lucky me.

(Chuckles)

Maria: Goodness you two are silly.

Susan: Most of the time, well what does everyone think of the gingerbread I made?

(Took a bite)

Chris: This is great too, is this secret recipe of yours?

Susan: Actually it's-

She quickly covered her mouth as she was about divulging more then she should.

Laura: Yes, you were saying?

Susan: Oh yeah I got it from a friend but he made me promise not to tell anyone, he really is quite shy.

She was nervous that she almost gave her secret but everything was fine and the song continues.

Laura: Hey Kana, you've been quiet tonight. Why don't you sing with us?

Kana: Me? I'm not sure, but I'll try.

(Singing)

Kana: The glistening stars that twinkled are always, always watching over us in the moonlight.

(Singing)

Travis: They keep on shining on us so that we won't lose sight of tomorrow or fight senselessly.

(Singing)

Laura: What I won't usually say most of the time, like thank you's and sorry's, can I add them as postscripts on a card?

(Singing)

Chris: If it'll make you happy, I even want to give you my piece of the sweet party cake.

Quick instrumental

(Singing)

Susan: With a little bit of courage, right, with little gentle acts we can feel each other -

(Singing)

Kana: Each of everyone definitely has a heart like holiday magic!

Quick instrumental

(Singing)

All: "More and more happy! Everyone, everyone's happy…!!"

The truth is that everyday in a way is Christmas.

Susan: We held the spring-

Laura: Summer and fall-

Travis: Winter close all-

Kana: The times-

(Singing)

All: So that we wouldn't be without hope! Sad and empty feelings, lonely, lonely feelings. We mean to share them with all the happy children.

Chris: Crying alone-

Maria: And things like that-

Laura: Even if you-

Kana: Forget them-

All: Yesterday, tomorrow or today, it's okay!

As the song ends the phone in the kitchen rings-

Susan: That must be my mom *bows to her guests* please excuse me.

She quickly heads to the kitchen and answers the phone.

Susan: Hello mom?

(On the phone)

Osono: Hi sweetie, has the party started?

Susan: Yes mom, when are you and dad coming home?

(On the phone):

Osono: I'm sorry Susan but I can't make it home tonight. You see my club meeting ran late and you father's still on business and I haven't heard from him.

Susan: Well, you be here for Christmas right?

Osono: I promise me and your father will be home long before than. Bye sweetie.

Susan hung up the phone and though a little sad went back to her party, meanwhile up stairs Hamtaro, Oxnard, Bijou, Hakeru and T.W were on the play rug in Susan's bedroom talking about the upcoming holidays.

Hamtaro: It sounds like Susan's party is going well.

Oxnard: I bet the food is fabulous.

T.W: Well she used most of my recipes, I hope they enjoy them.

Hamtaro: I hate to bring down everyone's mood but did it seem that Boss was a little down.

Everyone looked at each other knowing it was true.

T.W: Yeah I noticed, on my out yesterday he seemed to talk about that star like he's had it longer than he said.

Hakeru: It must be hard, while we celebrate with our families he's mostly by himself.

T.W: I didn't think of it until now but this will be the first Christmas I've had without my mom and grandma. Maybe I can do something for him.

Early the next day everyone decided to go caroling and so they walked down the road and a light and gentle snow started and things were covered in a snug blanket of powdery snow.

As they left the clubhouse T.W turned the tape player on the back of his backpack and the song "Santa Claus ga Yaatekuru (Here Comes Santa Claus)" plays and they walk up a hill.

T.W: Is everyone ready?

All: Ready!

Penelope: Okwee!

T.W: Okay then let's begin!

(Singing)

Hamtaro: Santa Claus ga, Santa Claus ga, yattekuru.

(Singing)

Bijou: Suzuo to hibikase hashiru sori.

(Singing)

Boss: Kutsushita, tsurushite. Minna machi mashou-

(Singing)

T.W: Tanoshii kyoi-

(Singing)

All: Saa Santa ga kuru.

Penelope: Okyoo!


As they walked along they greeted Elder ham who was surprisingly asleep even in the cold and Auntie Viv who was out snowboarding.

They also met Stucky who was rolling around making tracks in the snow.

(Singing)

Hakeru: Santa Claus ga, Santa Claus ga, yattekuru.

(Singing)

Cappy: Ooki na fukuro wa Present-to.

(Singing)

Pashmina: Jingle, Jingle-

(Singing)

Sandy: Tookude-

(Singing)

Stan: Hora kikoeru.

(Singing)

Dexter: Minna no-


(Singing)

Howdy: Heyani-

All: Saa Santa ga kuru

Penelope: Okyoo!

During a whistly instermental-

Hamtaro: Say, what did you wish for from
Santa for Christmas this year?
If you were a good kid, you'll be sure
to get a fabulous present from him.

(Singing)

Oxnard: Santa Claus ga, Santa Claus ga, yattekuru.

(Singing)

Maxwell: Suzuo to hibikase hashiru sori


(Singing)

Panda: Kutsushita tsurushite-

Pashmina: Minna machi mashou-

T.W: Tanoshii kyoi-

All: Saa Santa ga kuru.

Penelope: Okyoo!

They walked quite a way and waved to Sabu who was pulling his cart decorated with holiday things.


(Singing)

Boss: Santa Claus ga, Santa Claus ga, Yattekuru.


(Singing)

Hakeru: Chiisana uchi ooki na uchi isogashii.

(Singing)

Cappy: Santa Claus wa kodomo ga-

(Singing)

Pashmina: Minna daisuki.

(Singing)

Bijou: Tanoshii Christmas-

(Singing)

All: Saa Santa ga kuru.

They soon found themselves in the forest and still felt the song in their hearts.

(Singing)

Hamtaro: Santa Claus ga, Santa Claus ga, Yattekuru.

(Singing)

Bijou: Hashire yo tonakai yoakemade.

(Singing)

T.W: Kanenone hibikeba-

(Singing)

Hakeru: Mou asada yo.

(Singing)

Hamtaro: Shiawase wo hakobi-

(Singing)

All: Saa Santa ga kuru.

Penelope: Okyoo!!!

A short violin riff soon ends the song and they find them selves in a area were the rocks were positioned like a choir area. They each went to a rock and T.W skimmed through his holiday tape to find "Omei Deito Christmas" and played it.

T.W: Okay for this song we have to sing as one.

Hamtaro: As one? That's cool, let's give it a whirl everyone!

(Singing)

All: Omei Deito Christmas, Omei Deito Christmas,
Omei Deito Christmas, oi wa i shi mashou.

Minna shite asobi mashou
Omei Deito Christmas, oi wa i shi mashou.

Omei Deito Christmas
Omei Deito Christmas
Omei Deito Christmas oi wa i shi mashou


Minna shite asobi mashou
Omei Deito Christmas oi wa i shi mashou

As the song continues we see Aaron and Sota farther away who could hear the song and decided to follow it.

(Singing)

Hamtaro: Oi shii o kasha wo-

(Singing)

Boss: Oi shii o kasha wo-

(Singing)

Bijou: Oi shii o kasha wo tsuki ni mashou.

(Singing)

All: Minna shite asobi mashou
Omei Deito Christmas oi wa i shi mashou

The two brothers soon find it was there ham friends singing a gorges song.

Omei Deito Christmas
Omei Deito Christmas
Omei Deito Christmas oi wa i shi mashou


Minna shite asobi mashou
Omei Deito Christmas oi wa i shi mashou

The song ends end T.W turns off the tape player. They then notice Aaron and Sota who looked very happy.

Aaron: I figured that sound was familiar, you guys were great.

Sota: Yeah you were. I almost thought I heard heaven above.

T.W: Thanks, I thought we'd be a little rusty. We haven't sung together in a long time.

Hamtaro: We've been caroling all morning, would you like to join us?

(Blushing)

Aaron and Sota: Us? I don't know.

Hakeru: Why not? You sung with us yesterday and besides it's the feeling that counts.

Aaron: Well if you insist, what do you say Sota? Shall we give it a try?

Sota: I will if you will.

So without further question they sit beside on the far end of the front and T.W turns the tape player on again, the song "White Christmas" plays and from far away you could hear the bells of the church which seemed to give a warm sensation in the cold blowing winds.

(Singing)

T.W: I'm dreaming of a White Christmas. Just like the ones I used to know.

(Singing)

Bijou: Where the treetops glisten-

(Singing)

Pashmina: And children listen, to hear Sleigh bells in the snow.

(Singing)

Dexter: I'm dreaming of a White Christmas-

(Singing)

Howdy: With every Christmas card I write.

(Singing)

Cappy: May your days be merry and bright-

(Singing)

Hamtaro: And may all your Christmases be white.

During the instrumental-

T.W: Okay Aaron you start us off.

Aaron: Ok, here goes!

The song continues-

(Singing)

Aaron: I'm dreaming of a White Christmas. Just like the ones I used to know.

(Singing)

Sota: Where the treetops glisten-

(Singing)

Hakeru: And children listen, to hear Sleigh bells in the snow.

(Singing)

Sandy and Stan: I'm dreaming of a White Christmas-

(Singing)

Maxwell: With every Christmas card I write.

(Singing)

Oxnard: May your days be merry and bright-

(Singing)

Aaron and Panda: And may all your Christmases be white.

They prepare for the final verse-

(Singing)

Hamtaro: I'm dreaming of a White Christmas. With every Christmas card I write.

T.W: May your days be merry and bright-

Aaron and Sota: And may all your Christmases be white.

It seemed the whole forest was enchanted by the song as it seemed to hum along until the song ends.

Hamtaro: That was great everyone, I'm sure the whole forest heard us.

Aaron: That was fun, I'm glad I didn't mess up.

Sota: Me too, well we better go. We have to gather up more food for the holidays.

Aaron: That's right! it takes a lot of fish, fruit and vegetables to fill these big tummies. See you soon.

So the two leave for home while the hams go to T.W's house and begin to work on the makings of their holiday party, the first thing they do is write Christmas cards and bundle them with invitations to the party there holding the day before Christmas eve which was a week from today.

Soon the cards and invitations were delivered and everyone left for while Boss stayed feeling a little absent minded. T.W agreed to walk him home and stayed awhile, the whole time Boss stared on the star of the tree and T.W realized something was troubling him.

T.W: Boss, is something wrong? You've had an eye on the tree since you came home.

Boss didn't say a word and still looked at the tree with a dazed amazement.

T.W: Normally I can't stand it when you keep the truth from me but I know there's an exception this time. I have to know, where'd you really get the star?

Boss then turned to him realizing he more or less figured it out.

Boss: It was from my mother.

T.W nearly fell down as he was certainly not expecting that response.

Boss: It was a long time ago.

We flashback to a time when Boss was a small child and farther away then he does now, he was being held in his mother's arms and his father by a window of their home in a large 100-year old tree. His mother rocked back and forth in her rocking chair hoping her precious one would sleep and he did.

(Narrating)

Boss: I don't remember much but I remember being in a larger house inside a majestic large tree. Being held in my mother's arms and the day my father gave me the hat I always wear today. Then one day-

We forward a couple of years to see it was wintertime and the biggest blizzard yet Boss was curious about quite a lot but of one thing in particular.

In the living room inside a wood box was a shiny sparkling thing, he remembered looking into human homes around this time who had one similar to it but no one was sure what it was.

We find a slightly older Boss quite taken with the sparkly thing.

Boss: Mother, what's this sparkling thing you keep in the box?

Mother: I'm not sure son, but I found it in a human's rubbish and it was so beautiful I thought I'd take it. I never figured out what it was used for but it looks pretty to me so I keep it around. Some things may not have a purpose but they give you the feeling of happiness and that alone makes it worth hanging onto. Do you understand what I mean?

Boss: I think so, yeah I do.

(Narrating from the present)

Boss: It wasn't until the hams told me much later that it was a start used for Christmas, even though I didn't know what it was for I loved it and now I love it more knowing what it's for. I just wish she could now know what it's for.

The flashback ends there as we return to the present with Boss looking really down.


Boss: That was our last winter together. It was a few weeks later that they left for food. But they never came back. Eventually I left, I just couldn't live with all the memories around me. The only things I took were the little food we had left, my hat and the star.

Soon I dug out my tunnels and have lived alone ever since, well you know the rest.

T.W: Why didn't you say this before?

Boss: I don't everyone to spend their Christmas worrying about me. Besides it was a long time ago.

T.W: You're not making it easy for anyone just to keep this inside. Believe me, don't you remember what you said to me that rainy day? You said that you can't dwell on the past and make do with the here and now, you'll never really feel at peace unless you tell everyone what's troubling you.

Boss: I just can't, and I'd appreciate it if you didn't tell anyone. I only told you because you backed me into a corner.

T.W: As much as I think the others should know I won't tell them. It's your responsibility not mine, well I'm going now.

Soon he left the room closing the door behind him leaving a very addled Boss to reflect on his feelings.

Meanwhile outside night had fallen and at Susan's house Hakeru looked out the window to see it snowing soft and slowly as Susan puts on warmer pajamas.

Hakeru: This snowfall, so calm and gentle reminds me of the last Christmas we all spent together.

Susan at first didn't get her meaning but then started to think.

We flashback 3 years ago at Grandma Hakeru's home where she, Kenshi, Mishira, Osono and 2 year old Susan had spent there final Christmas together.

Grandma Hakeru looked out her window to see the same gentle snowfall that would happen 4 years later.

Grandma Hakeru: So nice, so gentle this snowfall.

Osono: Yes it is, I don't think I ever saw a snowfall this soft and calm before.

Kenshi: Neither do I. It always seemed more fast and strong.

Mishira: I must agree with you that this is the gentlest snowfall I've seen.

Osono then noticed Susan running around the tree touching all the presents.

(Chuckles)

Osono: Looks like someone can't wait to open presents, I probably should've put her to bed earlier.

Kenshi; Nonsense, it's Christmas eve and a few minutes more won't hurt.

He then goes over to the tree and picks her up.

Kenshi: Isn't that right?

She giggled as he tickled her tummy and put her in her crib.

Kenshi: Now you've got to get some rest or Santa won't come.

Susan: Kay.

And with that she buckled down and went to sleep, right next to her crib Hakeru who didn't have a name at the time was in her cage fast asleep.

The flashback ends there to see Susan and Hakeru in her large new bed.

Susan: It's amazing but I actually remember that day, we had spaghetti and string beans for dinner. I gave you my string beans when no one was looking.

Hakeru: Yep that was perfection.

Susan: I wish grandma was here for Christmas but I'm glad you are.

Hakeru: I am too, good night.

Susan: Good night.

Soon the two were sound asleep and you could see from outside the window the snow continued to fall magically and gently.