Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Dream of the amazing dancer Sandy ❯ It's another busy day ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Early the next morning Sandy awoke and went to the shower in the bathroom and cleansed her body. After which she brushes her teeth and makes sure she has all she needs in her backpack and then writes in her diary for a bit. It reads-

Dear Diary

As I wrote before yesterday was the best first day of school ever and today I'll find out if I made the dance team. I hope I do and that'll pass French, talk you later

Sandy

Soon it was later in the morning and Sandy made her way downstairs to the kitchen where Taisho was busily preparing breakfast.

Taisho: Morning Sandy.

Sandy: Good morning dad, what's for breakfast today?

Taisho: French toast and scrambled eggs, there almost done. Can you set the table in the dining room? The dishes and glasses are on the dinette.

Sandy: Sure.

So she takes the dishes and sets the table, forks and knives for them and chopsticks for Stan as he like to eat them that way.

Sandy: I remember when I was in kindergarten whenever you made French toast and scrambled eggs you called it French eggs and scrambled toast.

(Chuckles)

Taisho: Yeah and you and your mother laughed.

Sandy: Stan never got it, and to this day I can't understand why.

Taisho: Speaking of your brother, isn't he usually up by now?

Sandy: Yeah, he must be sleeping in again. He always does this the second school day, I'll go get him.

So she excused herself and walked up stairs and said to herself about her plans for today-

(To herself)

Sandy: Now let's see after school I have to help T.W at the rhinestone for an hour then I'll show Keiko around and we'll meet up with Pashmina and Hakeru at 5:30.We'll go window shopping and have a quick snack. If the weather stays fine we'll go to the community pool for a swim, I'll say goodbye to them at 6:50 and then I'll be home at 7:00 with Keiko for dinner, perfect!

Soon she made her way up the stairs and on the last door on the right which was Stan's room.

(Knocks on the door)

Sandy: Come on Stan it's morning, we have school!

The door opens and Sandy is surprised to see Stan so rattled.

Sandy: What happened to you? I've never seen you this wiped.

Stan: I was up half the night on the early homework, I think I had three hours sleep. Maybe more.

Sandy: Well if you'd learn to have respect you wouldn't have this problem now.

Stan: Must you preach so early in the morning? Give me a chance to setup my defenses.

Sandy: Sorry, well breakfast's ready, that'll cheer you up.

Soon everyone was at the table and said there grace-

All three: It's time to eat now.

So everyone digs in and finds it's great as always.

Sandy: Dad could you pass the juice and strawberries?

Taisho: Sure.

She put the strawberry slices on her French toast and poured some more juice-

Stan: Dad could you refill my coffee mug?

Taisho: Sure.

Stan handed his mug over to him and he prepared a new cup.

Taisho: Boy, it's like every breakfast you two have grown so much. I was always hoping to pass on one thing about myself and this family to you and I've succeeded.

Sandy: What do you mean?

Taisho: Well Sandy you're keeping the tradition of great dancers in the family and Stan you may not aspire to tunnel building but I'm glad I was blessed with a son who appreciates a good cup of coffee.

Sandy: I guess you have a point there dad.

Stan: Speaking of dancing you're going to find out if you made the team today right?

Sandy: Yeah, I'm really excited.

Taisho: Also speaking of which, what elective have yo taken Stan?

Stan: Well I haven't found one yet but I will.

Taisho: Please do, I don't want a repeat of middle school.

Stan: Yes sir.

Soon after breakfast Stan made his way to school with a lot to think about while Sandy stays behind and helps her dad wash the dishes.

Taisho: This was thoughtful of you but are you sure you have time to spare?

Sandy: I'm sure dad and it's only fair, you made breakfast so it's only right I wash and you dry.

So as they cleaned they had a nice talk as well, soon after she grabs her backpack by the show mat and left for school also-

Sandy: its 7:49, I'll just make it!

So she heads deep into town and a little bit outside of the city and is at school just a few minutes before the bell and takes her seat in homeroom. Mr. Wolfstien just walked just walked in and sat in front of his desk.

Aaron: Good morning Sandy. you're early I see.

Sandy: Well I didn't want to be late of course. Did my brother come here yet?

Aaron: Yes in fact, he went to see Miss Bijou.

Meanwhile in Miss Bijou's classroom-

(Looks over homework)

Bijou: Well Mr. Miratashi, despite how you acted yesterday, this is very good.

(Bows to her)

Stan: Thank you ma'am, I'm sorry for daydreaming. I'll pay better attention from now on.

Bijou: That's great to hear, but if this happens again I'll have to notify your parents. Well class doesn't start for a few more minutes, maybe you could help me clean up a bit.

Stan: Sure.

Soon after a little sprucing up it was 8:00 as Stan returned to homeroom and the other students came as well.

Aaron: Good morning class, today we're going to learn about the history of feudal Japan.

As the teacher explained everyone took down notes and double checked in their history books to get all the info they needed. Sandy of course went as far as categorizing them by year and adding her own opinions to her notes, later on it was math time-

Aaron: Ok can anyone solve the problem on the board-

Some students raised their hands.

Aaron: How about Miss Miratashi.

Sandy: Yes Mr. Wolfstien.

So she goes up to the board and starts to solve it-

Sandy: There you go, is that right?

Aaron: Yes that's exactly right, who can solve the next problem.

More students raised their hands while Stan fidgeted feeling nervous-

Aaron: How about you Stan?

Stan was surprised that he was asked, but he decided to give it a try-

(Thinking)

Stan: Let's see, maybe-

So with a little luck and a lot of know-how he was able to solve the problem.

Aaron: Great job, now who's next?

As he returned to his desk he still couldn't believe he knew the answer.

(Thinking)

Stan: How'd I know that? I must have memorized it somewhere.

(Narrating)

Sandy: If you're as confused as I am just wait. It gets more interesting.

Meanwhile in the Principal's office Miss Bijou was speaking with the principal about particular student.

Principal: I'm not sure Miss Bijou, it's seems to be unsure if he could handle it.

Bijou: I know I complained about him but he's really a quick learner and would benefit from this.

Principal: Well I've just read his files and their not glowing. He was fine in elementary but by middle school. Eww, and that starts with his grades.

Bijou: Well I'm confident this is the best move for him.

Principal: Well if you insist but only on a trial basis and you're responsible.

Bijou: Yes, sir.

Just then a lady from the office came and brought Stan in-

Lady: Sorry to bother you sir but I found this student in the hall without a pass. Also I found him picking on some girl.

Principal: Thank you, I'll take it from here.

Soon after it was just Stan and the principal whose great suspicions were correct.

Principal: Well young man it's just as I feared, I don't know where you learned your self-respect but it certainly isn't exemplary. I've seen you files just recently and you graduated middle school by the skin of your teeth. Well here you'll have to be on your toes at all times.

Stan: Yes, sir.

Principal: At any rate I was going to call you in here as your teacher Miss Bijou has presented an interesting notion. She thinks you're smarter than you act and wants you up a grade.

Stan: What?!

Principal: That's what I said, anyway she thinks it would help you greatly. Also Mr. Wolfstien also came in and said you have a knack in his class.

Stan: Really?

Principal: There both acclaimed educators and I trust their judgment fully and while I think there jumping the gun in this case I'm willing to give it a try. So starting tomorrow I'm moving you up to 10th grade.

(Stuttering)

Stan: ta-ta-ta-ta-tenth grade?

Soon after he was dismissed and headed back to spend his second and last day in 9th grade. Later on in the day at lunch the girls sat outside under the same tree as yesterday and enjoyed another great lunch.

Sandy: Oh I'm so excited! I'm going to find out the results after lunch.

Pashmina: That's great and I'll find my first assignment as reporter for the school paper.

Hakeru: Tell us about how it went yesterday.

Pashmina: Ok here's how it goes-

So as she explains we flashback to yesterday when Pashmina entered the newsroom of the school paper which was very busy indeed.

Pashmina: Wow!

Just then one of the photographers came on by-

Photographer: Hello there, you must be the one looking at the reporter job.

Pashmina: Yes I am, who do I go to see?

Photographer: Oh the editor will see you in a few minutes, follow me to his office.

Soon after she found herself sitting in front of the editor's desk in his office, so she waited and waited until finally the editor came in with a dazed look on his face.

Editor: Well I'm sorry for keeping you, so what position are you-

Just as he sits as his desk he notices someone familiar-

Editor: Pashmina? Is that you?

Pashmina: Have we met?

The editor than took off his Fedora hat and Pashmina instantly recognized him.

Pashmina: Dexter? You're the editor?

Dexter: Yes, I was hired instantly after I applied and have been so busy I've had to have my classes during lunch and after school. So I didn't know you attended.

Pashmina: Yeah I just started yesterday, but I thought you we're going to school abroad?

Dexter: Well I decided to wait until collage and stay home where's its more convenient. Well I must get back to matters so what position are you up for?

Pashmina: Reporter, I have my credentials right here.

She hands him an orange folder of her files, she has had all A's in English, a copy of her diploma at a summer literature program and a letter of recommendation from a communications program she took last summer.

(Flips through them)

Dexter: All this is very impressive, I think you'll fit the paper perfectly and that's my professional opinion.

Pashmina: Great, I'll be here bright and early.

So she left with high hopes and even higher confidence and the flashback ends to see Pashmina blushing immensely-

Pashmina: So that's how it happened, I can't believe Dexter goes to this school.

Hakeru: I remember him, he took you to junior prom in middle school. After that he was going to leave town to learn abroad.

Sandy: What made him stay here?

Pashmina: I don't know, there was no time to ask him as I had to pick up Penelope. But today I'm going to ask him.

Sandy: Well I hope all goes well.

Hakeru: Me too now let's get to me. Here's how yesterday went for me-

So as Hakeru explains we flashback to yesterday where martial arts tryouts began. Hakeru was a little nervous but determined to do everything in her power to make the team. Just then a large and handsome warthog trotted in with a tied headband and dreamy yellow eyes.

Tomo: Welcome students to the venting world of martial arts. I'm Sensei Tomo and I'll be your instructor. First off let me tell you this class is not for slack-offs but at the same time you will feel less stressed and more serene if not for a few minutes. So those that are truly serious kindly step forward, those unsure best leave the room.

Well most of the kids backed off but you can bet Hakeru wasn't turned away and she and 4 more kids went further inside.

Tomo: Very good, now in order to prove yourselves worthy we'll have a match of sumo wrestling, the game is simple, you'll battle an opponent one-on-one to try and push the other out of the circle, the one who steps out of the circle first or if both are out of the circle the one whose feet touch the floor first looses. Is everyone ready?

They all nod-

Tomo: Great, then let's get started.

So they all move to the circle and Hakeru is up first against a husky boy. Tomo slams his hoof twice and the battle begins. Hakeru latches onto the boys shoulders and easily pushes him out of the circle greatly impressing Tomo. She squares off two more times and wins which gives Tomo an idea of what he's working with.

Tomo: Great job guys, especially you Hakeru.

Hakeru: Well I've had previous training. I almost won my blackbelt in Karate and took judo classes over the summer.

Tomo: I see, that's quite the resume. Well I have one last challenge for you.

Hakeru: What's that?

Tomo: I want you to face me.

Hakeru: What?!

Tomo: I have to know your strength head on so I know what I can teach you

Hakeru at first didn't know what to say but then after sizing things up said-

Hakeru: Ok you're on!

So next in the circle were the sensei and the potential student, the kids watched with amazement as it set to get underway.

Kid #1: She'll never win.

Kid #2: 2 seeds say she will.

Kid #3: You're on.

Tomo: Are you ready?

Hakeru: Oh yeah.

He stomps his hoof 3 times and the match begins, he rams towards her but she veers away and rammed him in the sides and almost knocked him out of the circle. He then headbutts her out of the circle and slammed into the wall.

Tomo: Oh no!

He quickly trots over and helps her up-

Tomo: Are you alright?

Hakeru: Yeah, I'm fine.

Tomo: You're not bad at all, now I know what you lack. You're skill level could be higher and so can your patience, if you want I can help you there. Will you be on the team?

Hakeru: I thought you'd never ask.

Tomo: Great, the rest of you made it as well so meet here tomorrow for your first lesson.

The flashback ends to see Hakeru very excited.

Hakeru: I know once I complete the course I know I can beat him!

Sandy: Well it seems it was the best first day ever for everyone.

Then Sparkle came by totally wiped-

Sparkle: Maybe for you…

She then walked off without stopping, soon when school was over after school electives began-

Martial arts class 3:00 PM

The students were in their karate outfits and Tomo was in his kimono, everyone stood in front of their instructor and ready to begin.

Tomo: Welcome everyone, today we'll start on my warm-up program. With the exception of Hakeru I expect the rest of you are beginners?

Everyone but Hakeru nod-

Tomo: All right then let's get started!

He slapped his hooves together which activated the hidden music system which starts some calm and peppy music.

Tomo: Ok everyone, just follow my lead-

(Starts chopping)

Tomo: Chop, chop, chop-

(Chopping)

Students: Chop, chop, chop-

(Kicks with his hind foot)

Tomo: Kick, kick, kick-

(Kicks)

Students: Kick, kick, kick-

(Starts punching)

Tomo: Punch, punch, punch-

(Punches)

Students: Punch, punch, punch.

Tomo: Again-

So they continue these exercises for quite some time and Hakeru though knew the basics we're important was getting very bored.

(Thinking)

Hakeru: Gosh this is boring. I wish something exciting would happen.

Meanwhile over in the school newsroom Pashmina entered to find it much quieter then yesterday.

Newsroom 5:10 PM

Pashmina: Wow, everything here is so calm, not at all like yesterday.

Then Dexter came over with a notepad and pencil-

Dexter: That's because I used your ideas.

Pashmina: My ideas? About what, I only was just hired yesterday.

Dexter: I know but I read a little of your 4th grade term paper "The ideal newsroom" and used some ideas from it.

Pashmina: I thought they were just theories.

Dexter: Correction, theories that work. Now follow me to your desk.

So they walked over to a large wood colonial desk with an old fashioned typewriter, pencil sharpener, ink quill and a name plate that read "Pashmina Ace reporter."

Pashmina: Wow my own desk, ace reporter huh?

Dexter: That's who we call the head reporter, but I know you'll be an ace at this. Just look in the drawer for your first assignment. If you have any problems just ring the bell on your desk, I'll see you later.

So while Dexter returns to his office Pashmina opens the desk drawer and finds a small stack of papers and read the one on top-

Assignment 1: Interview students and faculty on how the school plans to change over the next 4 years after which type up your findings. Script format for the interview and story form for the rest, please find an available cameraham capture pictures. Send a draft of the final product to the editor who'll give it the red light.

Assignment 2: Interview the elective teachers on how they hope to influence the school.

Assignment 3: Find out more on the upcoming Sadie Hawkins dance.

Pashmina: Well this looks straightforward, I better get started.

So she started to write on her old-fashioned typewriter the editorial for her report. Finally at Dance class-

Dance class 5: 15

Asura: All right everybody let's get started with some warm-ups.

So everyone started stretching and feeling their bodies at work.

Sandy: Ah this is the life.

Soon after the girls meet at the rhinestone at the bar as usual enjoying their usual dish of Apple and potato ramen.

The Rhinestone 5:30 PM

Hakeru: So we spent the whole class on warm-up drills, I mean I know those other guys are beginners but I need a challenge.

Sandy: Well be patient, it'll pick up soon. We did warm-ups as well.

Keiko: Good thing too, I got a bump on my foot and couldn't do much.

Pashmina: Well I sure had a hard day writing and re-writing the editorial for my first assignment. Tomorrow I start my interviews, I can't wait.

Hakeru: So Sandy, are you going to ask Maxwell to the Sadie Hawkins dance?

Sandy: I guess maybe I will, but I don't want to look to anxious. I'm no easy catch you know.

Keiko: Maybe tomorrow you can sit next to him at lunch and share a snack with him.

Sandy: Not a bad idea, that's just what'll do. I'll sit with him at lunch and then pop the question.

Hakeru: Whoa slow down girl, have a date with him first before you marry him.

They all laugh and finish their meal, soon after Pashmina and Hakeru leave to pick up Penelope at kindergarten. Sandy stayed to help T.W with the afternoon rush for awhile and Keiko helped too.

Soon they say goodbye to T.W and head out to see the town, T.W sighed as he flipped the sign on the screen door to closed and closed the door behind that and started to sweep up-

(Sighs)

T.W: Well T you've gone another day without telling her how I feel, if only I were a little braver.

Meanwhile on the docks a few miles away from his house Taisho hopes to catch a large fish for his family and company. With his trusty fishing rod he calls "Lucky Joe" hopes to indeed get lucky.

Taisho: Come on Lucky Joe, catch me a big one.

Just then he got a hold of something, he fights hard to reel it in-

Taisho: Come on Joe, don't fail me!

With a few might tugs he pulls out an enormous 29 inch fish.

Taisho: Bull's-eye baby! I still got it.

Well back at the pool Sandy showed Keiko around the town and met up with Pashmina and Hakeru again this time with Penelope and went town to the neighborhood pool. While Penelope floated in the wading pool under the watchful eye of a lifeguard the girls were changing into their bathing suits.

First Sandy came out in her new two pieces and then Pashmina in her old one, Hakeru came out in her new two pieces and so did Keiko.

Sandy: Well girls we look styling and while I'd much rather use this at the beach this is the next best thing.

Other girls: Right!

(Narrating)

Sandy: Oh forgive me, in all the excitement I forgot to tell you about my friends. Pashmina has been into newscaster since she was allowed to watch the news, her dream is to be a news reporter and maybe someday a news anchor, then there's Hakeru, she moved to this town when I was in 3rd grade. We've had some wild times together. Over there in the wading pool is Penelope, Pashmina's little sister. She's very shy and quiet, doesn't talk much but when she does it's often very important.

So they spend a relaxing day at the pool together, Sparkle was there and unsuccessfully hitting on the guys and just hung out at the juice bar. Soon after Sandy and Keiko say goodbye to the others and head home for dinner.

(Carving the large fish on the platter)

Taisho: I hope you like it, it's my specialty.

Sandy: You'll love dad's fish. It's fresh from the sea and is very yummy.

Taisho: Well come and get it guys.

So everyone takes some of the carved fish and vegetables and digs in.

Sandy: This is great dad as always.

Stan: Yeah dad, this superb.

Keiko: Yes indeed Mr. Miratashi, it's like I've come to a secluded restaurant.

Taisho: Oh stop, it wasn't all me. Mostly it was T.W's special rub.

Keiko: T.W? You mean from the rhinestone?

Sandy: Yeah, he sells his spice rubs and some very tasty pies.

Keiko: Well I'll have to buy some tomorrow.

Taisho: Well he may have flavored this fish but I caught and prepped it.

They all start laughing and finish their meal, soon only a few leftovers remained and everyone found it got late quickly.

Keiko: The sun has already gone down. I guess I better head home.

Sandy: It is a fair walk from here, maybe you can stay here for the night.

Keiko: Really can I?

Sandy: Well dad?

(From the kitchen)

Taisho: Sure, we have a spare sleeping bag in the broom closet.

Girls: Yes!

Just then he came out with a tray that had three metal dishes filled with 4 scoops of sherbet, hot carob fudge, whipped cream, sunflower seed sprinkles and a cherry on top with a sparkler.

Taisho: Well T.W certainly can't make a Berry-Walnut sherbet royale sundae like I do.

Sandy: True as always dad.

He placed them on the table and after sitting back down they raised the spoons in a toast and dig in.

(^^)

Stan: This is just what I need to perk myself up. Thanks dad.

Sandy: Yeah dad thanks, especially for inviting Keiko.

Taisho: Well it's always nice meet a new friend. I hope you like it here Keiko.

Keiko: Thanks Mr. Miratashi, I know I'll love it here.

Just then the phone rang-

Taisho: I'll get it. You guys enjoy your desert.

So he gets up from the table to answer it while everyone else ate, Stan was beginning to get nervous and sweat dropped. Meanwhile over at Pashmina's house she was in her room writing on her electric typewriter to finish her editorial.

(Thinking)

Pashmina: I'm bushed but I must keep going, I'm almost done with this editorial.

Just then Penelope came in looking a little upset, Pashmina turns away from her work and asks-

Pashmina: What is it Penelope, is something wrong?

Penelope: Ookwee, Ookwee.

Pashmina: Now? Are you sure?

Penelope: Ookwee.

Pashmina: All right, I'll read you a nice story so the monsters will stay away.

So she leaves her desk and walks Penelope back into her room to read her a story-

Back at Miratashi residence-

Taisho: I can't believe it! This is only your second day of school and you're already in trouble.

Mr. Miratashi was very furious indeed.

Taisho: Keiko would you please excuse us and head up to Sandy's room.

Keiko: Sure of course-

She got up and headed for the stairs-

Sandy: It's on the first door on the left.

So as she went upstairs Taisho continued.

Taisho: When you're French teacher called I thought you were doing well but again I hear "We're afraid to inform you that you're son have problems associating with the opposite sex." If your mother may she rest in peace heard of this you'd be grounded for a week which is what I'm going to do.

(Lowered his head)

Stan: Yes sir.

Taisho: In fact you'd be grounded for 2 weeks but she also said you were being moved up to 10th grade, so you have some sense of motivation, and I expect this time you'll buckle down.

Stan: Yes sir.

Taisho: Good, now Sandy how did your first dance class go?

Sandy: It was great, we mostly did warm-ups but accept it'll be something harder tomorrow. Can I be excused?

Taisho: Sure, I'll clear the table.

Stan: Can I be excused too?

Taisho: Yes just remember what I said.

So the two went upstairs and headed for their bedrooms, before Sandy opened her door she turns to Stan at the other end of the hall-

Sandy: Why did you have to ruin this evening?!

Before Stan could reply she went into her room and slammed her door.

Stan: I'm sorry sis.

He then went into his room with a heavy heart.