Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Ham-Hams goning online! Enter the world ❯ Get Out of the Prison! Origins of Digital life ( Chapter 29 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 29

Get Out of the Prison! Origins of Digital life

Meanwhile... Everyone is waiting in the computer room...

Raishiuko: What's taking them so long?

Nike: Don't worry. They'll pull through. We'll be out of here soon.

Then a screen drops down in front of the cell and turns on. It's Shiella again.

Shiella: Greetings again.

Raishiuko: Shiella!

Nike: Now what do you want?

Osimaru: Let us out of here!

Shiella: Sorry. But you must stay. However I'm surprised some of your friends got out. But anyway, I bet they'll be trying to save you yes?

Raishiuko: Well of course they will!

Shiella: Tsk, tsk. Well they better hurry then. You only have 5 hours to live.

Raishiuko: Huh?

Shiella: You see. Lancor uploaded one of his newer viruses that activated a bomb inside this temple. Once it goes off in five hours, you and whoever is here will be destroyed.

Maria: No way.

Lancor: I'm afraid so.

Lancor appears.

All: Lancor!

Lancor: Yes. I'm making a challenge to our escapees, and telling you about it because... If they don't free you, you lose everything.

He leaves the screen.

Shiella: Now, buh bye.

The screen shuts off and goes back up.

Meanwhile in the real world Hamtaro and T.W wait and are amazed to see their

friends atop Fi. As they fly back home Fi explains that T.W's theory was

correct and he has a reality in the game and outside it.

Meanwhile...T.W and Hamtaro are still waiting for the others to come. Hamtaro sees something in the sky.

Hamtaro: Whoa. I don't believe it, T.W look!

He looks up and sees Fi flying toward them.

T.W: No way.

Fi is heading for them.

Boss: Hey guys!

The others on Fi wave too.

Hamtaro: Boss! You came!

Later...everyone is flying on Fi's back toward Japan again.

Fi: So you see. You were right T.W. I do have a reality in this world. It just shows that there were a lot of things that were put into the game that players didn't know were originals.

Hamtaro: So you might've been found somewhere in the world and placed into the game?

Fi: Perhaps.

Soon after much flying they landed on the roof of Laura's house-

T.W: Well I think we have a problem, how will be all get back in, you're too big to fit in Laura's room so how'd you all get here in the first place.

Bijou: We used the C.R.A.P-C

T.W: Well let's try it.

So while holding onto Fi they logged back in and all disappeared in a white light. With 2 hours left they're soaring the skies to the BA's hidden base, meanwhile our friends wait in worry in the computer room that was soon to explode.

(Thinking) Raishiuko: They have to make it; we've made it too far for this to end now. We just can't afford our character data to be gone.

Hamtaro: Hello, Anyone there?

Raishiuko: Is that? Hamtaro!

Maria: They made it.

They finally come inside.

Hamtaro: We heard you were trapped. So we came to save you.

Raishiuko: Good to see you. We can't get out of here!

T.W: No problem.

Hamtaro: You can help too AD. You guys stand back.

The Raishiuko and the others do so. Hamtaro and the others get in front of the cage and start attacking it. AD and Fi shoot fire at it many times. But not a scratch.

Hamtaro: Again! They keep going at it. At again, and again.....

Somewhere...Shiella watches.

Shiella: Humph. Sorry. But I reinforced the computer room door so it can't be penetrated by what you're using. You can't free them in time. Besides, you only have one hour left.

Much, much later....with only 30 minutes left.

(Keeps banging at the door) Boss: This...is one big...stinking...cell!

Bijou: We can't give up. We have to get them out!

Hamtaro: She's right! Again now!

They keep attacking it. After a bit they stop.

T.W: Now what?

Then their C.R.A.P-C- beeps, all of theirs. They check them.

C.R.A.P-C-: You got items!

They take a look at their items and find a lot of gold, weapons, and armor in their inventory.

Hamtaro: Whoa! Where'd that come from?

Boss: It's a gift from the game maker himself.

Maria: Of course. Jullianno said that William would send the through our C.R.A.P-C-s. We must've gotten it now.

T.W: What'd you do get us this?

Raishiuko: We went into Access Tower to lock out Lancor. Then his men attacked us and we defeated them. Then the creator of the game appeared and said he'll reward us later.

T.W: You mean William Japlex? We saw him on Lancor's computer. It was a Beginner's welcome video.

Hamtaro: Hey. Let's try our new stuff and see if we can get you out of their.

T.W: Then we better hurry. We have 15 minutes.

As they activate their new stuff....

Shiella: What are they doing?

Everyone gets a change of armor and weapons.

Shiella: No way! Now they might be able to break the cell!

Hamtaro: Now together now!

Everyone makes an attack on the door....Their combined attacks turn the bars into ashes.

Raishiuko: We're free!

Hamtaro goes to her and she picks him up so he can snuggle her.

Maria: We got to get out of here!

T.W: 10 minutes, let's go.

They begin to run out, Fi and AD fly. Shiella on the other hand is mad. Shiella: Curses!

She leaves.

Everyone is running for the door. They only have 30 seconds left. Everyone gets out but Penelope falls. So Hamtaro runs back for her and he gets her out. He jumps out, just when the explosion occurred. The entire base burns and falls to the ground.

Pashmina: Oh Penelope! You okay?

Penelope: Ookwee.

Pashmina: Thanks Hamtaro!

She hugs him for saving her.

Hamtaro: Uh... No problem Pashmina.

Howdy and Dexter grumble at site.

Later... At Rhinestone Village-

Raishiuko: So if Fi has a reality outside the game....

Osimaru: Then what if many of these characters have some too?

T.W: Maybe. So far we know Fi had a reality outside the real world.

AD: So if he had a reality, then I might have one too.

Fi: Yes that's true.

Maria: I think we should go talk to William. He should know something about this.

So they return to the access tower and explain the situation to William via video transmission in the main control room-

William: So, I see it's come to this.

Raishiuko: Tell us sir, how can it be possible for Fi to live outside the game?

William was hesitant to respond but continued-

William: I was hoping to explain this later but I guess I can't hold it off much longer. When I proposed the idea for Digital life to Digital Interface Lancor and I with our newly assembled staff began development. As we worked we created a new realistic engine that allowed the highest in graphics, music and sound design. As well as a highly coveted physics engine, when a month away from completion Lancor felt he wasn't getting the pay he deserved and frankly he was right, but our budget was tight after we used a chunk of it to fund our development and left us.

Osimaru: And after that?

William: After that we had finished and after a final beta test we shipped, but it wasn't until the second week after that we noticed something. It seemed somehow everything we created had slowly begun to take on its own reality. Simply put everything from the environments, npc's and creatures had their own form of DNA that sustains life on earth.

Fi: So I had the power to enter the real world from the start.

Raishiuko: And in all those battles, we weren't facing holograms. We were facing real monsters and real villains.

William: Yes, but luckily players can't be critically injured, but before we could shut off the game it was instantly a bestseller and we couldn't afford to. Then when Lancor formed the BA and opposed us we thought we were ruined. Then you all fought against him and for now at least there's calm.

Raishiuko: What should we do now?

William: I'm afraid all we can do now is waiting, you should all return back and rest for awhile.

Then the transmission ends, everyone agrees and logs out to rest.

Meanwhile...at Lancor's home. Lancor takes some strange data and transfers them to the Virus programs. There are now 10 inactive viruses. One of them from before was deleted because it was already used. Each one the same names, except they had different numbers at the end of each.

They all had, Omega in their names. There were 10.

Lancor: There's one more thing to do. Put my final set of viruses to Good use.

He clicks on the first Omega file. It disappears and shows a monster on the screen. It was a different looking monster that no one has ever seen. In the game, it appears from a portal. The monster had the body of a lion, the wings of a demon, snakes for tails, and fire breathing Roar. It roars into the sky, causing the most horrible shriek you've ever heard. It filled the night sky.

Lancor: Let the first of my Omega project monsters, commence destruction....

Next day...everyone re-login they go explore things and go to a café. They order stuff and eat. Then some player comes in all battered and ravaged. He falls into a seat.

Soldier: Hey man. What's up with you?

Necromancer: Yeah. You get in a fight with a dragon or something? And lost? They snicker.

Player: No....I wasn't attacked by a dragon.

Soldier: You sure? From what I hear, when you provoke a dragon you get into this condition.

Necromancer: Never heard anything like that for other monsters. So you must've gone and fought one.

Player: No. It wasn't a dragon. I swear.

Soldier: Then what is it then?

Necromancer: Yeah. Spit it out.

Player: It wasn't anything like I've seen before. It was really scary looking. It was a lion that could fly like the demons, and have the snakes of a thousand pains for its tails. And it could breathe fire.

Soldier: That's stupid. I've never heard of such creature. I don't even have anything like that in my Monster guide.

Player: It's true. It had a very high level that I wasn't near at, and it attacked me when it saw me. I tried to fight back, but I didn't stand a chance. I was near the point of log out when it just went off. It had the most horrible roar.

The two look at each other. The ham-ham group was listening.

Hamtaro: Did you hear that, some strange monster attacking a player unexpectedly?

Boss: Sounds like a bunch of hoo-haw to me. Bijou: But what if there is such creature?

Boss: If there was, I'd give it the one-two.

T.W: You'd be lucky to make it alive.

Boss: Hey...

Back with the player-

Player: Look you two. You may not believe me in words. But maybe an actual showing may prove it.

He goes to the TV in the cafe. He takes a cable from it and connects it to his C.R.A.P-C-. He selects the recent battle moment *it can record battles when you get certain items*. It shows him in first person view. He sees the strange creature eating something. It seems him and leaps at him, attacking him violently. It tosses him around and junk. Everyone watching the video is in shock.

T.W: Can somebody get a reading on that thing?

Hamtaro uses his MSU.

MSU: Manticore Level 215 Types: Beta Omega.

Raishiuko: Beta Omega? What kind of type is that?

T.W: And who ever heard of a Manticore?

The battle ends with the beast leaving.

Player: See?

Soldier: Whoa...what a monster.

Necromancer: Well I think I'm done here. See you later!

He makes a mad dash out the door.

Nike: Must've scared him.

Osimaru: Yeah.

Then somebody runs in panicking.

Guy: everybody run! There's a mad monster destroying the town!

He gets blasted by fire. He flies into a wall. The Manticore appears and makes another loud roar. Everyone covers their ears.

(Really sarcastic) T.W: Now's your chance Boss. *still holding ears* Take him.

(Very timid) Boss: I'll just wait till he stops roaring first!

It stops and it goes into the cafe making a mess of things. It attacks some nearby players. It goes for more.

Boss: Now that's more like it!

He takes out his weapon and goes for the Manticore. He hits the beast before it can make another attack. The beast gets mad and attacks him, sending him through the wall and out the restaurant. Boss hits the wall of another building. The Manticore goes through the wall after him. And he and Boss go crashing into the next building. The gang exits the café.

Bijou: Oh no. Boss, hang on!

Boss is getting the life smacked out of him. Boss manages to get out of it and attack back. But he momentarily knocks him senseless. The Manticore breathes fire at Boss as he was about to hit him again. Boss falls back outside through a wall.

Bijou: Boss, are you okay?!

Boss: Ugh. *getting* Yeah. Never better.

The Manticore appears again and continues his attack on Boss. Boss is sent into a fountain. The Manticore waits for him. Boss makes a gasp for air and grab onto the ledge.

Boss: Okay Mr. Tough guy. Meet Mr. Power pants!

He slides five Star Cards into his card reader. Cloud waves go around Boss as power rises.

Boss: I summon Famfrit!

Famfrit appears with its pot. He charges up for a powerful attack. He fires away at the Manticore. The Manticore goes flying across the town and out of it. Famfrit disappears.

Boss: So much for him.

Bijou: Boss you did it!

Hamtaro: He saved the town!

Raishiuko looks in the direction of the Manticore.

Raishiuko: Wait. Look!

The Manticore was flying at very high speeds and rams into Boss, sending him into the air.

Bijou: Boss look out!

The Manticore is above him.

Boss: This thing won't quit. Huh?

The beast begins charging something in his mouth.

Boss: What the?

T.W: Oh no. Not that move!

Hamtaro: Boss! Watch out for his attack!

The attack is charge is bigger looking. The Manticore unleashes a mighty beam onto Boss He is hit very, very hard and he is screaming in pain.

So much energy is wasting away. Boss is slammed into the ground and the beam is still going.

Bijou: Boss!!! No!

The beam continues for a few more moments. Everyone is in shock while Bijou is in horror. The attack finishes and the beast flies onto the ground. Boss is on the ground and isn't moving. He is knocked out cold.

Bijou: Nooo!!!!!

The beast goes up to Boss. Then puts its paw on him and turns him on his back. Then he prepares to swipe at him. Bijou runs up in front of Boss-

Bijou: No! Don't hurt him!

The Manticore roars at her while she still stands in front and in tears. The beast is about to swipe her too, but the beast gets a sense in it. The beast takes flight to somewhere else. Bijou, seeing this, goes to Boss and tries to wake him up.

Bijou: Boss! Boss! Speak to me please!

No response.

Bijou: Please wake up!

Everyone goes to them.

T.W: No. He can't be.

Bijou: Oh Boss...

She starts crying.

Hamtaro: No... Boss... How could you lose?

Everyone seems upset. T.W goes to Boss and checks his pulse.

T.W: He hardly has a pulse. We got to get him help right away!

Osimaru: Fi! AD!

Fi and AD come from out of nowhere from the sky.

Fi: Master. There's some horrible monster attacking the players.

Osimaru: I know. It got Boss too.

AD: What? You mean the tough looking one?

Bijou: Please. You've got to help him. I don't know if he can last.

Fi: We'll take him to an In-Game hospital. That was he can be treated.

AD: Everyone on!

Raishiuko picks up Boss and they go onto Fi and AD. Hamtaro is on for the ride too when he sees Lancor on the roof of some building. It seems like he's telling something only to him.

Lancor: Let it be this little one. Let everyone know that Lancor, leader of the BA, is back! And the Omega project begins....

Hamtaro continues looking at him as they fly away.

T.W sat beside Bijou who had just covered Boss in a warm blanket, for the first time in a while salty water formed in his eyes.

(Teary eyed) T.W: So it's come to this finally, someone ends up truly hurt. It's my fault.

Bijou: Why do you say that?

T.W: I dared him to fight that thing, never thinking this could be...

He balled a fist in anger-

T.W: It was because of a stupid argument he's like this.

He began to trickle silent tears onto Boss's blanket-covered body-

(Crying) T.W: I should've at least backed him up! THAT'S THE LEAST I SHOULD'VE DONE!

He was about to slam his fist but Hakeru stopped him-

Hakeru: It isn't your fault at all. That's just what happened, he'll be all right.

T.W: How do ya know?

Hakeru: Because we're a team, forever. We're always a united front, so he has to be ok.

T.W didn't feel completely convinced of that and lay silent keeping his tears to himself as they arrived at the hospital. After hours of admitting him the nurse says that he'll recover but it would take awhile. Everyone decided T.W should be the first to see him.

Once inside the nurse says he only has an hour and closes the door behind her, T.W walked up to Boss who lie weak and silent in bed and knelt at his bedside.

T.W: I wished I never dared you, we always argue for one reason or another. But it all stops now, you shouldn't have to suffer and neither should Bijou so-

He then stood up tall and started to glow-

T.W: I'll take your place at this bedside.

He once again transformed into his human-ham body-

T.W: But first I'll do what I should've done in the first place.

He then takes out a bag of walnuts and turns them into his special walnut toffee chews and placed them on the table. He then took out some parchment and wrote an important message and placed it beside the chews.

T.W: I thank you, for everything. Papa-

Then in a flash of light everything had gone white. Boss then found himself on the floor and began to wake up-

Boss: Wow, how long was I out for?

Then he saw that T.W was in bed where he had once been.

Boss: T.W?

He then looked around to see he was in a hospital room.

Boss: Oh no T.W, is he injured?

He quickly goes over to him and at that time everyone else entered the room surprised to see Boss awake.

Bijou: Boss you're ok, I'm so glad.

Boss: I'm fine, but T.W-

Hakeru made her way through the crowd and beside his bed. Then Raishiuko found the walnut chews and a message.

Raishiuko: Hey there's a message here.

While Hakeru stayed by T.W the others gathered around as she read-

To Boss

I'm sorry for all I put you through, All the arguments, all the rivalry and all the sorrow we've weathered together

But the biggest sorry of all was daring to face that hideous monster, I was not thinking at all. At the sane time I thank you

for the fun times we've shared

the games we've played.

And some of our rivalry was nice, as long as no one got hurt.

But this time you did get hurt in all senses of the word and I couldn't bare it.

So I transformed and used my power to switch your comatose to me, so you could stop that horrible thing for real.

Once you beat it I'll be ok, but no matter what happens I'm glad I knew you.

Hakeru my love, please don't hate me for what I've done because I believed with all my heart it was the right thing to do. Bijou take care of her for me and please....

Don't forget me
T.W

everyone was silent; no one could speak after that. No one... Except Hakeru who was starting to cry.

(Crying) Hakeru: Oh T, you didn't have to do it. There just had to be a better way!

No one could speak to her as she was beyond pain and sadness; she had felt a part of herself was comatose as well.

Boss especially couldn't bring himself to say anything and then he noticed right where the note had been was a plate of walnut chews. He went over to the little table and took one but didn't feel like eating it.

He couldn't believe that once again T.W had done something like this for him, it made him feel so different.

(Thinking) Boss: This is what Famfrit tried to tell me, the one thing I and T.W share is...

Then he said it aloud-

Boss: Our love for each other.

He then took a bite of the chew and while T.W had used magic to conjure it, it still had the homemade taste and love was still inside of it giving Boss a flicker of hope.

Boss: Don't you worry T; I'll defeat that pushover all right.

We fade out.