Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Hamsters in Love ❯ Surprise in the Typical Day ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Hamsters in Love
by DVGBA

It was a typical day at Laura's house. Laura had to go to school, so this pretty much seems that Hamtaro has an opportunity to go to the Ham-Ham Clubhouse. Although nothing new has been happening for the past few days, Hamtaro was confident that something new and exciting will happen. As he made his way to the clubhouse, he gave Brandy a quick hello before continuing on. Hamtaro would then think of if something new will happen when he arrives at the clubhouse.

Of course, when he did arrive at the clubhouse, everything was the usual same old same old. Oxnard would cry over a lost sunflower seed. Boss keeps trying to impress Bijou while Howdy and Dexter would do the same for Pashmina. And of course Stan will do the same with BOTH girls. Maxwell was reading from that blue book which seems to have an unlimited amount of information while Sandy practices her rhythmic gymnastics. Panda would either build a new object or repair a broken piece of furniture. Cappy would just look at himself through the mirror and adjust his green cap. Snoozer sleeps as usual and all that Penelope could do is to observe the behavior of others and comment just by saying "Ookyoo! Ookyoo!"

Hamtaro thought that he could try to make conversation with one of the Ham-Hams. Unfortunately, all he was able to do was to discover that Oxnard's sunflower seed was under a bed. Everyone else was too busy with other things, Snoozer just sleeps and Penelope would only say one word.

Disappointed, Hamtaro decided to take a walk outside the clubhouse. Everywhere he went, he gets a flashback of something that happened there. Every day, the Ham-Hams used to have exciting adventures, but recently things have become calm and typical. Usually, Hamtaro would think that something really exciting would happen. But the past few days have been very doubtful, Hamtaro even thought that he was experiencing the same day over and over. He has now been walking around the area the whole day and he has yet to break a sweat. He thought that all that time on the exercise wheel has really paid off. He looked at the sky and noticed that it was sunset. He knew he had to get home fast, otherwise Laura would come home and find out that he was missing.

As Hamtaro started to head home, he heard a scream. He realized that someone was in danger. Could it be that something really exciting was happening, or was he hearing things? Without any delay, Hamtaro darted off to the direction of the scream. As he got closer, he had been hearing a cat's meow, possibly an angry one. Hamtaro got worried that a cat has been chasing one of the Ham-Hams. Regardless of who he/she is, he had to do something. When he got there, he discovered that Bijou was chased up a tree. She was losing her grip as she felt so tired being chased for at least a half-hour. One of her paws got stuck in a tiny hole in the tree while she was climbing, possibly due to panic. One of her blue ribbons was getting lose with her excessive sweating. She get really scared and Hamtaro got worried. The cat that chased her was mainly black with gray around its paws and mouth. The cat licked its lips as it prepared for its meal.

Hamtaro couldn't take it anymore as he suddenly accelerated at the cat. As it focused on Bijou, who was quickly losing her grip on the tree, it didn't realize that it was going to get attacked. Hamtaro was running to the cat at full speed with no slowing down. Then, with all his strength, he jumped up and made a swift tackle to the cat's midsection. The force was so strong that it made Boss have the strength of Penelope. The cat made a really painful meow as it got knocked over suddenly by Hamtaro's powerful tackle. Bijou managed to get her paw unstuck from the tree's tiny hole and carefully climbed down. Hamtaro went to the fallen cat to see if it was still alive. He was worried that he might have actually killed it, something he really didn't want to do no matter what. Bijou tried to follow Hamtaro, but he gave a quick hand signal telling her to stay where she was in case the cat was still alive.

Hamtaro took a look at where he tackled the cat. There was a bump that was barely noticeable on its black fur. He couldn't figure out how he did it and why. He didn't have the time to think about that as he saw movement from the cat's tail. Bijou started to get scared again as she slowly backed away from it. She didn't realize that her ribbon was really loose because she was so scared. The cat's eyes suddenly opened up as soon as Hamtaro saw them. It quickly got up and was about to pounce Hamtaro. Bijou suddenly screamed and got so scared, she ran to a nearby bush, her loose ribbon falling off on the way.

The cat tried to pounce Hamtaro, but he jumped up and poked its eyes with his paws. The cat got surprised by this and could only get angrier. All that Hamtaro could think of doing is outsmarting the cat. And so begins a game of cat and hamster.

As the cat chased Hamtaro, all he could think of is how to outsmart it rather than try to hurt it as he did before. The first thing he did was to kick jump off a tree to change direction. It seemed to confused the cat as it thought Hamtaro climbed up the tree. When it turned around, it couldn't find him anywhere. It didn't realize that Hamtaro was hiding behind a small rock, but it started sniffing around just in case. Behind the small rock, Hamtaro was thinking of how to get rid of the cat without hurting it unlike earlier. He then spotted a nearby stream and remembered how he outsmarted another cat like that.

Meanwhile, Bijou was watching all this happen. She was still very scared and was worried about Hamtaro, yet she was impressed by his bravery. With all this mix of emotions, she couldn't predict what will happen. All that she could do was to just watch what happens next.

The cat got closer and closer to the small rock that Hamtaro was hiding behind. Just as it was about to pounce what was behind it, Hamtaro made a dart towards the stream. The cat quickly followed. Hamtaro ran to the stream as quickly as he could. But he started to slow down, something was wrong. He was tired from all that walking and running as he collapsed to the ground.

Bijou shrieked as she saw this happened and couldn't look anymore. She got really scared as she might possibly lose a true friend.

The cat started to make its pounce on Hamtaro. But the timing was all wrong. The earlier hit and eye pokes have started to take its toll as it lost its balance and started rolling all the way to the river. SPLASH! The cat couldn't swim as the totally exhausted Hamtaro watched it float away. When Bijou heard the splash, she opened her eyes and saw that the cat was gone, and Hamtaro was still there. Still, she was so scared. But she couldn't just stay where she was. She had to go to Hamtaro to she if he was really OK.

Hamtaro was breathing heavily as he got totally exhausted. Finally, something exciting happened for the first time in days. Now he just wished everything would return to normal. He wanted to find Bijou, but he could barely move. "Hamtaro," called a voice. Hamtaro easily recognized the French accent and knew it was Bijou. She came to him and picked him up. She asked, "Hamtaro, are you OK?" "Bijou... I'm... all right," Hamtaro replied in between breaths.
"I was so vorried about you Hamtaro."
"I was worried about you too."
"I know. You were so brave."
"Ah, it was nothing," Hamtaro said jokingly. "I could easily take on ten cats."
"It zure didn't look easy."
"You could say that again."
Both of them were laughing now, but Bijou got worried again. "What's wrong Bijou?" Hamtaro asked.
"I think ve should get to our owners," she replied.
"You're right. But I'm so tired."
"Yeah, I could tell by vat. I'll stay here vith you Hamtaro."
"Thanks Bijou. You are so nice."
Bijou blushed at this. She wanted to stay to make sure he'll be all right. But Hamtaro noticed something missing. "Bijou... your ribbon is gone." Hamtaro saw that Bijou's ribbon was missing. She dropped it from being so scared. Until now, she didn't realized this. "You're wright Hamtaro. I got to find my ribbon," she said.

Bijou set off to find her lost ribbon. She was not sure if Hamtaro was going to help her, but maybe she might try asking. Bijou turned around and looked at Hamtaro. Hamtaro wondered why she stopped. He thought that she might need help finding her ribbon. So he asked, "Could I help you find your ribbon?" "Sure," Bijou answered. Hamtaro started to walk, but fell down a few steps later. "Here, let me help you," Bijou said. She helped Hamtaro get up and held his paw as they went to find her ribbon. Now they were both blushing, but they didn't mind.

When Bijou spotted her ribbon, she let go of Hamtaro's paw and ran up to her lost ribbon. Hamtaro just sat down and watched, not sure what's going to happen next. Bijou was looking at her ribbon in a teary-eyed way. She just remembered something, a dream she had a while back. She looked at Hamtaro. "Is there something wrong Bijou?" he asked. Bijou shook her head and replied, "No. I'm just fine." Hamtaro wasn't really sure if something was really wrong with her or not. He walked up to Bijou and looked at the ribbon she was holding. Then he thought of something to ask. Without hesitation he asked, "Could I tie your ribbon Bijou?" Bijou blushed at this. She realized that her recent dream was finally coming to life. She smiled and replied, "Yes Hamtaro. Please do so." She gave Hamtaro her ribbon as Hamtaro swept some dirt off it and got started in attaching the ribbon to Bijou. she happily closed her eyes as she played the dream in her mind.

In her dream, Bijou was on her way to the Ham-Ham Clubhouse. She wanted to know how the others were doing there, especially Hamtaro. Then suddenly, from out of nowhere, she got tripped over a rock. Her ribbon became loose. Hamtaro saw this happen as he was heading for the clubhouse. He ran up to Bijou and wondered what's wrong. "Hamtaro... I got tripped over a rock and my ribbons got untied," Bijou said while crying. Hamtaro knew he had to do something to help a fellow Ham-Ham, especially Bijou. So he got started tying the ribbon that was attached to Bijou. He learned to tie the ribbons by watching her owner Laura do so, so it was no problem for him tying the ribbons. Once he was finished, Bijou stopped crying and realized the Hamtaro tied her ribbons. "Thank you Hamtaro," she said and hugged him. She was so happy and Hamtaro was glad to make her happy. "Could I walk you to the clubhouse?" he asked. "Zure Hamtaro," was her reply. They both held hands as they made their way to the Ham-Ham Clubhouse.

"...Bijou," Hamtaro said, "I'm finished." Bijou nearly fell asleep as Hamtaro finished attaching her ribbon and tied them. He has no problem as he learned how to tie ribbons by watching Laura do them on her own hair. He was sure he made Bijou smile as she just did. "Hamtaro... you're so sweet," Bijou said as she blushed. Hamtaro blushed in reply. He wasn't exactly sure of what Bijou meant by that. He thought that being so sweet was meant as in candy, so he then said, "Bijou, I'm not really edible." Bijou giggled at this. "No silly. I mean being sweet as in being so kind to me," Bijou corrected. "Oh," Hamtaro said with a sweat drop. He knew that he was very helpful to the other Ham-Hams, but what he didn't realize was that Bijou liked him more than just a friend.

Hamtaro looked at the sky and saw that the sun was getting out of view. He then saw a nearby bench and discovered that Laura was sitting next to a guy. He remembered that Laura was talking to him about how she liked a guy named Travis and said that she'll soon reveal her crush to him. Hamtaro didn't exactly know what a crush is, but he figured it was something like how Sandy liked Maxwell. He then assumed that the guy that Laura was sitting next to was Travis.

Bijou also looked at the sky as she wanted to get a better view of the sunset. "Hamtaro..." she began to ask, "would you like to see the sunset?" Now Hamtaro was starting to realize that Bijou liked him more than a friend, so he decided to play along with this. "Sure," he replied happily, "anything to make you smile." Bijou was blushing more than ever. She knew that Hamtaro was realizing that she had a crush on him.

Hamtaro started to climb up a tree as Bijou followed. Hamtaro then sat on the highest stable tree branch with Bijou sitting next to him. They were both watching the sunset. "It's beautiful," Hamtaro said. "It zure is," Bijou replied, looking into his eyes. It seemed like the perfect time to tell Hamtaro how she felt. "Hamtaro, there's something I want to tell you," Bijou began. Now Hamtaro was paying full attention to her, knowing what she's going to say. "I... love you..." she continued, "I fell in love with you ever since you sang that song to me." Hamtaro discovered that it was the sing that made her love him in the first place. He thought she liked Boss the entire time, but since he was told that she liked him, he was surprised. "Bijou... I love you too," Hamtaro answered in reply.

The two hamsters got closer to each other now they have admitted their love to each other. Hamtaro wasn't sure what to do next, but Bijou now got the idea of the next thing to do. She closed her eyes and brought her lips closer to his. He figured this out and decided to so the same. Their lips got closer and closer until they connected. They were now engaged in the kiss.

Nearby, two hamsters were watching this. They were hidden behind some shadows, as they aren't seen. "I can't... believe this," one began, "how did Hamtaro get the girl like that?" "Uh... how should I know?" the other said in reply, "I just have my sunflower seed. That really matters." The formerly mentioned hamster was annoyed at this and yelled, "All you care about is that silly sunflower seed." "Huh... well, I don't mind splitting my sunflower seed with her," the latter hamster said. "Bah!" was the former's only reaction to this, "I still don't know how he got the girl, I should ask him tomorrow."

Bijou lets go of the kiss and felt really happy that it happened. "Wow!" she said, "that was wonderful." Hamtaro nodded in response and asked, "Could I walk you home... girlfriend?" "Oh sure... boyfriend," Bijou replied. Both of them laughed as they got down from the tree. Hamtaro took Bijou's paw and they both walked to her house.

When they arrived to her house, Bijou gave Hamtaro a good-bye kiss, which was a soft one to the lips. Hamtaro blushed and she watched her go to her cage. He was about to head for his house when... "Hamtaro..." Bijou said. Hamtaro paid full attention to his new girlfriend. "There's just one more thing I would like you to do," she continued. "What could that be Bijou?" he asked in reply. "Oh..." she began to ask," could you sing that song to me?" Hamtaro know what she meant. He remembered the song that he sang to her to help Boss. He decided to sing that exact song to her,
"Oh chick-ah chick-ah chick-ah, when your in a jam
Kushi kushi kushi, remember I'm your ham
Badda-badda-badda, when you need a man
Oh Kushi kushi kushi, remember I'm your ham."
When he was finished singing, Bijou began to clap. "Oh Hamtaro, you are so wonderful singing that song," Bijou applauded, "no wonder I fell in love with you in the first place. I love you." "Thanks Bijou," he responded, "I love you too, forever and always." They waved good-bye to each other as Bijou blew a kiss to him.

Hamtaro arrived to his house. He entered the same way he exited. He was able to make it to his cage in time. Laura just arrived home just after he did. She was feeling incredibly happy as she entered her room. "You won't believe what happened today Hamtaro," she began, "I told Travis how I felt and discovered that he felt the same way." In Hamtaro's mind, he said 'Yeah Laura, I saw you with him. I'm glad to see that happening.' "Oh Hamtaro, would it be so cool if hamsters had relationships of their own?" she asked. 'Sure, you read my mind,' Hamtaro's mind continued, 'I'm glad to have Bijou become more than just a friend, as in girlfriend. I wonder how much more special it is to have a girlfriend.' "Well Hamtaro, today has been especially exciting. I wonder what will happen tomorrow," she said. 'Heke' was Hamtaro's response. Finally, he had a exciting day and can't wait to meet his new girlfriend tomorrow.