Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Hamsters in Love ❯ The Next Day... ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Hamsters in Love
by DVGBA

The next day, Hamtaro woke up from a beautiful dream he had about Bijou. He was so happy about yesterday, especially when Bijou became his girlfriend. He waited patiently for Laura to get up and go to school. The alarm clock had already went off twice in a 20 minute period as she slept through both of them. Hamtaro was concerned that Laura was late. "Laura," her mom called, "you're going to be late again!" From then, Laura realized of the time. "Oh no," Laura complained, "not again!" She was usually like this, waking up late and just in time for the bus to arrive. She reminded herself not to stay up late, but that was weeks ago. She would always forget to go to sleep on time, always 'communicating' with Hamtaro at night. Laura struggled to get ready, but was able to get out in time... without eating breakfast. When will these kids ever learn to eat before leaving? Laura's family needs to invest in cereal bars. Well, anyway... After Laura left for school, Hamtaro decided to head for the Ham-Ham Clubhouse. As he left the house, he thought that maybe he should head for Bijou's house first. After all, she is Hamtaro's girlfriend. So he instead went to her house.

Bijou was sleeping peacefully in her cage as Maria was about to leave for school. She didn't just go to any school, she goes to a private all-girls school. "Well, I have to go now Bijou," she said, "I'll see you after school." And so Maria left.

Hamtaro made his way up the tree that was sitting near the window where Bijou's cage was. He looked at her sleeping peacefully. He was not sure if he could wake her up or not as she seemed to be asleep. Just as he was leaving, Bijou woke up, looked at Hamtaro and said, "Hamtaro, you have came?" He stopped in his tracks and replied, "Oh, yes I did Bijou. I wasn't sure if you were going to wake up or not." "Oh, well, I'm up Hamtaro," she said and yawned, "you're so sweet to zee me before you came to zee clubhouse." She got out of her cage, came up to Hamtaro, and rubbed her cheek against his while making a 'schmubby-wubby' sound. Hamtaro returned the favor and asked, "So, shall we head for the clubhouse, girlfriend?" "Zure thing, boyfriend," Bijou replied before taking Hamtaro's paw. They both walked to the Ham-Ham Clubhouse.

At the Ham-Ham Clubhouse, Boss and Oxnard told the other Ham-Hams about how they saw Hamtaro and Bijou together. They were all gathered around the round table, paying attention to what Boss and Oxnard were saying. "...and there I saw Hamtaro and Bijou, sitting on a tree branch. I couldn't believe my eyes," Boss continued. "And I suppose that they were smoochin'," Howdy said, "man Boss, now you must be angry at Hamtaro for stealing yer' girl." "Oh, Howdy. Put an acorn in it," Dexter commanded as he 'adjusted' his glasses, "Bijou never belonged to Boss to begin with. And speaking of that, I bet Pashmina would like me more than a dirt spreader like you."
"You take that back!"
"Why I never."
"HEY... nobody messes with me!"
With that, Howdy and Dexter engage in a fight, cleverly covered by a 'cartoon cloud.' Everyone sweatdropped. "Umm... should I break up this fight?" Pashmina asked. "Nah," Boss replied, "these two threw themselves in their own argument. They obviously try too hard." "Speaking of trying too hard," Sandy added, glaring at Stan as he got closer to Pashmina. "Hey beautiful," Stan started, "how about we ditch this group while we have lunch together?" Pashmina blushed and thought about it, sadly her thoughts was interrupted as Dexter poked his head out of the 'cartoon cloud' and yelled, "Stan, you're going to pay for messing with my dear Pashmina." Howdy also poked his head out of the 'cartoon cloud' and yelled back at Dexter, "You fool, Pashmina was never your dear to begin with!" Strangely, the 'cartoon cloud' moved to Stan and pulled him in. "Oh brother..." Sandy sighed. "So anyway..." Boss continued, "when I saw Hamtaro and Bijou kiss... and on the lips, I felt so... so..." "Heartbroken?" Oxnard added and started to laugh, "oh man, you should've seen the look on Boss' face. He was so angry at Hamtaro." "HEY!" Boss yelled at Oxnard, "I do NOT think that being heartbroken is a funny thing at all. How would you like it if YOU were heartbroken?" Boss was really steamed now. He couldn't take it anymore as he went to his bedroom and slammed the door.

"Woah! That was uncool," Sandy said, "I haven't seen Boss that mad since all of us were messing up the place." "I have to agree with you Sandy," Maxwell added, "he really can't get over the fact that Hamtaro is with Bijou, or so we know." Suddenly, the entrance to the clubhouse opened. "Well, there's your fact now," Sandy concluded. Hamtaro and Bijou, the lovely couple, just entered the Ham-Ham Clubhouse holding each other's paw. "Ooh, look at the lovely couple," Pashmina said as Hamtaro and Bijou blush. Penelope replied with a "Ookyoo!" "Huh?" Hamtaro got confused, "how did you guys know this?" "Well, let 'Oxnard' explain about what happened yesterday," Maxwell answered as he pushed Oxnard to Hamtaro and Bijou. "Wait, Oxnard saw us together?" Bijou wondered. "Uh..." said Oxnard trying to prove his innocence, "I was not the only one. Boss pulled me into this. Honest!" "Hmm..." Hamtaro confirmed, "I should believe Oxnard on this as we all know that Boss liked Bijou."

"Umm... before Oxnard explains," Sandy said, "let me drag these boys out of the fight. This is totally uncool." With her ribbon, Sandy effortlessly pulled Stan, Howdy, and Dexter out of the 'cartoon cloud' one by one and in that order. "Hey, no fair," Howdy complained, "I was winnin' that fight." "Oh hush Howdy," Dexter backfired, "you WERE the one who started all this." Stan looked at the lovely couple, Hamtaro and Bijou, and commented, "Well, it looks like love is in the air." Hamtaro and Bijou blushed. "All right then," Maxwell began, "now that things are in order. I suppose Oxnard should begin explaining what happened last night." Everyone looked at Oxnard. He suddenly got nervous, nibbling his sunflower seed before starting to speak, "OK... here's how it went..."

Flashback to yesterday, Oxnard was the last one to leave the clubhouse as he started to head home, sunflower seed in hand. He hasn't seen Hamtaro since he helped him find his sunflower seed, but he didn't mind as he was going home anyway. As he started to go home, he heard a scream and got totally scared. He was so scared, that he dropped his sunflower seed as he rushed back. He wasn't sure of what it was, but still he scurried back to the clubhouse as quickly as possible.

Inside the clubhouse, Boss was tidying things up after another typical day. He hasn't seen Hamtaro since he went out for a walk earlier today. He was sure he was already home by then, so he really didn't worry about it that much. Although Bijou commented on finding Hamtaro if possible, Boss thought he was just hearing things. There was silence in the clubhouse, until Oxnard's wailing was heard. He had just bursted thought the door and hid under the table. "Oxnard," Boss yelled, "what are you doing back here?" "Well.. ell... uhh..." Oxnard stuttered, "I he... heard... a sc... scr... scream..."
"Oh, come on. You must be hearing things."
"I'm... se... ser... serious!"
"I'm sure it was nothing. Now head home and I'll see you back here tomorrow."
"Bu... but... I lo... lost... my sunflower seed..."
"Ugh, must I do EVERYTHING myself?"

Both Boss and Oxnard exited the clubhouse in search of Oxnard's sunflower seed. Boss made sure that there was no scream as Oxnard found his sunflower seed and started hugging it. "Oh, I was so worried about you," cried Oxnard as he was 'kissing' the seed. Boss thought that Oxnard became too emotional about the seed. "You see," Boss reminded Oxnard, "no scream." Boss ended up speaking too soon as the scream was heard. He recognized that the scream had a French accent to it and discovered who it was. "Oh no," he gasped, "Bijou's in danger!" He started to head towards the direction of the scream. "Hey," Oxnard complained, "wait for meeeeeee!" Oxnard followed Boss.

Boss and Oxnard looked out of a nearby bush and discovered that Bijou got one of her paws stuck in the tree while climbing. She was chased by a cat made mostly of black fur with gray around the paws and mouth. "Uhh... Boss," Oxnard started to ask, "are you going to save Bijou?" "Yeah," Boss answered, "I've got a plan." Boss and Oxnard turned away from the scene and before they discussed the plan, a painful meow was heard. Oxnard got scared and nearly yelled before Boss covered his mouth. "You don't want to attract attention," Boss reminded and took a look from the bush. He discovered that Hamtaro was there and started to get annoyed. Even more shocking was that HE was the one that tackled the cat. Boss was more surprised than annoyed, but that quickly changed. "Wow," Oxnard said, "I never knew Hamtaro was that strong. How'd he do it?" "Err... I don't know," Boss said, "maybe it was a lucky shot. Nothing can bring a cat down like that." Oxnard was watching this with a sense of fear like no other. When he saw the cat got back up, Oxnard suddenly cowered. Surprisingly, Boss did the EXACT same thing. Both of them now thought that Hamtaro was toast.

The scene was quiet for a while. None of the two wanted to look at what happened to Hamtaro. "You go out there and see what happened," Boss commanded. "No way," Oxnard complained, "I'm not going to suffer the same fate as Hamtaro." "Fine," Boss said, "be a baby." Boss looked out of the bush to see a downed Hamtaro quite a distance. He discovered that the cat was no longer seen. "Strange," Boss began, "Hamtaro is down, yet that cat disappeared." "Uhh..." Oxnard was taking a guess, "maybe the cat fell into the nearby stream. Remember that time?" Oxnard was right. Boss remembered when Hamtaro had to rescue Penelope, who couldn't keep up with the others as they were chased by a cat. Boss felt like a weak hamster whenever he remembered this. He wish he could get rid of cats the same way Hamtaro did, but he'd always get nervous and/or scared at the last minute.

Boss saw Bijou come up to Hamtaro and picked him up. Boss wasn't sure what was happening. He tried to listen to the conversation carefully, but the sound of Oxnard nibbling on the sunflower seed became a distraction. "Oxnard, Boss asked, "would you please stop with the nibbling? I'm trying to listen here." "Oh, come on Boss," Oxnard complained again, "I'm hungry." Boss became annoyed as Oxnard continued nibbling on that seed. He figured that the ONLY way to get rid of that 'noise' was to kick it away from Oxnard. It was the only way. "I'll show you hungry," Boss said and kicked the seed off of Oxnard, "that'll show you not to eat when I'm TRYING to listen to what's going on here." "HEY," yelled the furious Oxnard, "why'd you do that?"
"I already told you why you big crybaby. Don't you ever listen?"
"You better bring that sunflower seed back to me."
"No way!"
"Oh yes you will."
"I'm not going to waste time like this. YOU should get that seed yourself. I'm staying!"
"Oh yeah?"
"YEAH!"
Oxnard and Boss engage themselves in a fight, cleverly covered by a cartoon cloud. Unfortunately, the loser was Boss as he was thrown out of the bush. Boss was surprised to witness such power from Oxnard. "Ugh," mumbled Boss in partial pain, "I need to exercise more." Oxnard poked his head out of the bush and yelled, "and you get that seed back to me!" Boss was surprised as he has been starting to get bossed around by an always hungry hamster. Boss didn't really have much of a choice but to recover Oxnard's sunflower seed. So he searched for it.

Meanwhile, Oxnard was glad to get Boss off his fur for once. He decided to look at the scene outside discovering that Hamtaro was attaching a blue ribbon to Bijou. Oxnard thought that he wished to do something like that. But now he started to grow impatient, and hungry as well. He decided to pass the time by going to sleep.

Boss woke Oxnard up. "Here's your stupid sunflower seed," Boss said as he tossed the seed back to Oxnard, "now get out of my sight." Oxnard was excited to have his sunflower seed and nibbled it happily. Boss sweatdropped as he saw this. He didn't realize of the amount of time he spent recovering it. Now he really wanted to know what's happening outside. When he looked from the bush, he saw nothing. But he heard some conversation. He looked up to see that Hamtaro and Bijou were sitting on a tree branch. They were really close. "Wha..." Boss became surprised, "I don't get it." "Get what?" Oxnard asked. "Oh forget it," Boss said in reply.

Hamtaro and Bijou were both sitting next to each other on the tree branch. They were both watching the sunset. "It's beautiful," Hamtaro said. "It zure is," Bijou replied, looking into his eyes. It seemed like the perfect time to tell Hamtaro how she felt. "Hamtaro, there's something I want to tell you," Bijou began. Now Hamtaro was paying full attention to her, knowing what she's going to say. "I... love you..." she continued, "I fell in love with you ever since you sang that song to me." Hamtaro discovered that it was the sing that made her love him in the first place. He thought she liked Boss the entire time, but since he was told that she liked him, he was surprised. "Bijou... I love you too," Hamtaro answered in reply.

Boss' jaw dropped as he witnessed this happening. He couldn't believe his eyes and ears. He thought he was having some sort of nightmare, so he desperately 'trying' to get out of the 'nightmare' by saying, "Please make this stop!" Unfortunately, it was no use because it was real. He now saw Bijou and Hamtaro kiss each other on the lips. Boss was sure he was doomed. "I can't... believe this," he said, "how did Hamtaro get the girl like that?" "Uh... how should I know?" Oxnard said in reply, "I just have my sunflower seed. That really matters." Oxnard continued to nibble that sunflower seed. Boss was annoyed at this and yelled, "All you care about is that silly sunflower seed." "Huh... well, I don't mind splitting my sunflower seed with her," Oxnard said. "Bah!" was Boss' only reaction to this, "I still don't know how he got the girl, I should ask him tomorrow."

"...and that's how it all happened," Oxnard finished. He couldn't believe he HAD to explain all this. Everyone listened to all this, well except for Boss that is. He was still in the bedroom, all heartbroken and stuff. There was now total silence as Oxnard gave out every last detail, he didn't have a choice. "Well," Maxwell broke the silence, "we should all be glad you explained this to us." "I'm still surprised that you and Boss were..." Hamtaro said, but he couldn't find a word to describe what Oxnard and Boss did. "...eavesdropping," Maxwell explained, "it's when you listen in on other people's conversations." "Oh, I get it now," Hamtaro said. "Now vat are we supposed to do now?" Bijou asked. Then, a voice was heard, "I think you need to talk to Boss. He needs to understand how much you love Hamtaro." The voice was Snoozer, always sleeping and always listening in on what everyone said. "Snoozer is right Bijou," Pashmina said, "I think it is a good idea to talk to Boss. He has to understand this you know." "You're wright," Bijou said, "I have to talk to Boss. It is zee only way he could understand."

Bijou went to the door of the bedroom and knocked on it. "Who... who is there?" a voice asked. "Boss," Bijou said, "it's me. Cou... could I come in?" "Please do so," Boss answered, "the door is unlocked." Bijou opened the door and looked at Hamtaro. "Bijou," Hamtaro said, "I love you." Bijou blushed and replied, "I love you too," before entering the bedroom and closed the door. Hamtaro wasn't sure what was going to happen next. The others weren't so sure either.