Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Hamsters in Love ❯ Outside Walks and Inside Talks ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Hamsters in Love
by DVGBA

There was silence in the clubhouse since Bijou went to the bedroom to talk with Boss about what happened yesterday. All the other Ham-Hams were sitting at the round table, wondering what might happen yet. Stan looked at Cappy and Panda, who haven't spoken a word yet. "Hey, you two Ham-dudes," Stan broke the silence. "Umm... are you talking to us?" Cappy asked. "Yes," Stan answered and asked, "don't you two worry about anything around here?" "Not really," Panda said, "I don't do much other than fixing whatever is broken. I'm just too busy to think of other things."

Panda went to the exit door to check if it was broken from yesterday. "Hmm..." Panda began, "the hinges seem to be out of place. I might want to spend the rest of the day fixing it before we all leave. We don't want to lose a door here." "HEY," Stan yelled, "you think that a DOOR is the most important topic of discussion?" "Maybe we should all take a walk," Maxwell suggested, "I don't like to be stuck here all day." "That's a great idea Maxwell," Sandy said as she smiled proudly, "you are so smart." Maxwell blushed. "Yeah, we really need some fresh air," Pashmina said while Penelope replied with an "Ookyoo!" "I'd love to come with you guys, but..." Hamtaro began, "I am still tired from yesterday. Plus, I'm starting to get worried about Bijou." "And I'm worried about this door," Panda reminded. "Then it's settled," Maxwell confirmed, "let's go have some lunch outside."

With that, all the Ham-Hams, except for Panda, Hamtaro, and Snoozer, left the clubhouse with Panda opening the door for everyone who exited. "I really need a nap now," Hamtaro said, "I'm still tired from yesterday." He yawned as he founded a spot to lie down and fall asleep. The only sounds that were made are the collision of a sunflower seed and wood. Panda was really working hard on that door.

Bijou entered the bedroom and discovered that she couldn't see. "Huh," she started to complain, "Where are zee lights?" A voice started to answer, "Oops, sorry about that. I turned them off so I'll be able to think easier. Now if I could... gah!" A crashing sound was heard. "Hey, my hard hat fell off." The 'being' in the room was struggling to find a switch. "Hmm..." Bijou was feeling the wall for some sort of switch, "is this it?" The lights turned on as Bijou saw a fallen Boss. She rushed towards him. "Are you all right?" she asked. "Yeah, I'm all right," Boss replied. As soon as he saw Bijou, he suddenly bolted to his feet and was blushing like crazy. "Uhh..." he started to struggle for words, "so... I was wondering..." "...vat happened yesterday?" Bijou finished. She knew exactly was Boss was going to say. "Boss," she continued, "we must talk about... what happened yesterday. Please sit down."

Both Boss and Bijou sat down on a nearby bed. They were silent for a few minutes thinking of what they should say to each other. Bijou knew that Boss loved her, but she didn't like him back the same way. There were several reason as she was about to explain. "Boss," Bijou began, "Oxnard explained to the other Ham-Hams and I about what happened yesterday. I couldn't believe that you were there. Why?" Boss struggled to find out why, but he had to answer to the best of his ability. "I didn't know what to expect," he answered, "I had to prove to Oxnard that there was no scream."
"So you decided to think of my screaming as some sort of game?"
"No, what are you talking about?"
"Boss, you are a coward," Bijou was furious now, "thinking you know everything."
"But I'm not perfect."
"That's a lie. You only care for yourself."
Bijou started to cry. She couldn't handle the emotions she was having and sobbed uncontrollably. "Don't cry Bijou," said Boss in a comfortably voice, "I'm sure we'll talk this over." "Please leave me alone," said Bijou while crying, "I don't want to see your ugly face." Boss knew there was nothing he could do to reverse Bijou's mood. He had to think of something.

All the other Ham-Hams were outside taking a walk. Sandy and Maxwell were leading the group holding hands. Behind them were Pashmina, Penelope, Dexter, Howdy, Stan, Cappy, and Oxnard. They were all looking for a nice open area to have lunch at. "Hey, there's a good spot," suggested Dexter, "would you agree Pashmina my dear?" "Oh you don't know a good enough spot," Howdy yelled at Dexter and pointed to another direction, "now there's a good spot to have lunch. Would Pashmina agree with that?" "Umm... actually," Pashmina started to speak before being interrupted by Stan. "Hey sweety," he began, "how about we have some lunch away from these two fools?" "THAT'S IT! You asked for it," Howdy yelled. He was furious as he, Dexter, and Stan started yet another fight, once again being cleverly covered by the 'cartoon cloud'. Both Pashmina and Penelope sweatdropped. "Not again," Pashmina complained, "don't these boys ever get along?" Penelope replied with an "Ookyoo!" Perhaps the strangest thing was that the fight was actually moving at the same exact speed as the other Ham-Hams.

Boss couldn't hear himself thinking as the excessive crying of Bijou only gets louder. Boss got concerned that if someone was sleeping, he/she could have woken up by Bijou's crying. He could only at least try. "Bijou, please stop crying," Boss reminded her, "what if someone, especially Hamtaro, heard you crying?" The thought of Hamtaro immediately made Bijou stop crying. "You're wright," she responded, "I can't be a baby about zis. Only by talking, we could solve our problems." Boss was surely glad to see Bijou stop crying. It was now much easier for him to think. "So where can we start Bijou?" he asked. "Umm... well..." Bijou had to think carefully about the good side of Boss.

Meanwhile with the other Ham-Hams, they found a nice open spot to have lunch and run around a bit. Maxwell and Sandy were really the only ones to actually eat lunch. Dexter, Howdy, and Stan were still fighting, with the 'cartoon cloud' covering up the fight. Pashmina and Penelope were trying to stop the fight with no success. Cappy was finding some new 'hats' to put on while Oxnard watched everything around him as he nibbled his sunflower seed. Pashmina suddenly got the idea on how to teach the boys, as in Howdy, Dexter, and Stan, a lesson and whispered her plan to Penelope, who approved of the plan.

Sandy and Maxwell were glad to be able to spend some time together. They have been a couple for a few weeks, but it was difficult to find some time together. Surely, they were happy to say the least as they rubbed their cheeks against the other while making a 'schmubby-wubby' sound.

Pashmina also whispered her plan to Oxnard and Cappy as they both approved. The four of them were sure that this plan would work. And now, their plan was in action. "Say Oxnard," Pashmina began, "would you like to share your sunflower seed with me?" "Oh, sure Pashmina," Oxnard answered, "I couldn't bear to finish my seed." He gave his one sunflower seed to Pashmina. This was Cappy's cue to sing, "Oxnard and Pashmina, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!"

Stan, Dexter, and Howdy stopped fighting as they heard this. "Hey," Howdy yelled, "we can't let Oxnard get Pashmina like THAT!" "I'll agree," Dexter said, "let's teach Oxnard not to impress her with our backs turned." "You said it dudes," Stan agreed.

All three of them were rushing towards Oxnard and Pashmina when Penelope got in the way and yelled "Ookyoo!" "What's the big idea?" Howdy complained. "Yeah," Dexter said, "we were going to teach Oxnard a lesson here!" At that point, Pashmina, Oxnard, Cappy, and Penelope were all laughing, seeing that Howdy, Dexter, and Stan were tricked. "Yo," Stan asked, "what's so funny?" "Well," Oxnard said while laughing, "Pashmina pretended to have a crush on me in an attempt for you guys to stop fighting." "I can't believe it," Pashmina laughed, "they fell for our trick." The three boys sweatdropped. "I can't believe we were outsmarted," Howdy realized. "We shouldn't have fought all this time," Dexter said. "I guess we owe beautiful here an apology," Stan suggested as all three said in unison, "We're sorry!" "Aww," Pashmina said, "well, I suppose that I should accept your apology then. But if you guys fight again..." As she finished saying this, she rubbed Oxnard's cheek with hers making that 'schmubby-wubby' sound. "We'll talk later," she whispered to him. "Huh?" was Oxnard's only reply.

Maxwell and Sandy were sitting close to each other, observing the sunset. They knew that their 'magic time' has come. Their lips got closer to the other, and as they were about to kiss... "Hey, Sandy and Maxwell," called a voice. They were interrupted just before they kiss. Both of them looked behind them as the others were about to leave. "You two stalling again," Stan continued. Both Maxwell and Sandy blushed as they followed the rest of them.

Back at the clubhouse, Panda was making the finishing touches to the door. It was completely repaired as he used a towel to wipe his face full of sweat. He wondered if Bijou and Boss finished their discussion just yet and waited for the others to come.

Boss and Bijou were finishing their conversation on what happened yesterday. "...and there you have it," Bijou was about to finish, "Hamtaro and I are together. Our bond is too strong to break, regardless of vat happens." Boss listened to the whole lecture and now realized that Bijou and Hamtaro are a couple. "Well," Boss started to respond and rememberd giving her a sunflower filled with sunflower seeds, "you should take this." He went up to the sunflower and gave it to Bijou. "Hamtaro should have given this to you when he and I visited the sunflower field," he explained, "now maybe you should give it to him." "Boss," Bijou became surprised and asked, "are you sure you want me to do that?" "Exactly," Boss answered, "you and Hamtaro are together and are meant to be. Yet, I really care about you."

"Boss... you are so sweet," she said. "I love you Bijou," Boss admitted, "you're the most beautiful girl I ever saw and you are also so nice." "oh... Boss," she knew he was going to say that, "you were brave enough to say that. But there is something else I have to say..." Boss was even more surprised than before, now he couldn't believe what he was going to hear. "It may sound worthless now, but..." Bijou was nervous, but she couldn't stop herself, "I love you too." Boss couldn't believe what she said. "You mean... that..."
"That's right Boss. I'm actually... in love with two boys at zee same time, you and Hamtaro."
"But... how?"
"It's hard to explain. When I first realized when I was in love with both of you, I made a promise to myself that zee first boy to admit his love to me will become my boyfriend."
"So... because I was so nervous and unable to express my love to you..."
"...that's wright. If you haven't been so nervous, you would have been with me weeks ago. But now that's zee past. I'm with Hamtaro."
"I realize that."
"I know. Boss, don't worry about zee mistakes you made. I'm sure you'll make them up in zee future."
"Thank you Bijou. I'm be sure to make them up."
Bijou hugged Boss. She knew that he'll be fine now. But she wanted to make sure that Boss will remain like that. So she gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. Boss blushed and said, "Woah... Bijou, you really didn't have to do that." "Well," she responded, "I knew you were going to need it sometime." Before she left, she took the sunflower seed-filled sunflower and left the room as Boss followed.

Hamtaro woke up just in time to see Boss and Bijou reenter the clubhouse. "Hamha Boss and Bijou," Hamtaro greeted them and asked, "did the discussion go well?" "Well," Bijou answered, "Boss now realized that you and I are together." She now remembered something and continued, "There's something I would like to give you." She took a sunflower and gave it to Hamtaro. "Bijou," Hamtaro was surprised to receive the same sunflower that Boss gave Bijou, "you really didn't have to..." "I think you should have been the one to give it to me," Bijou said, "Hamtaro, we're meant to be. I love you and that will never change." With that, she rubbed her cheek against Hamtaro's while making an 'schmubby-wubby' sound. Hamtaro and Bijou left the clubhouse holding each other's paw. "Boss, you made the right decision in realizing the truth," Panda said. "Yeah, I guess so," Boss confirmed. "I should get going too Boss," Panda said as he left. "OK Panda," Boss said, "see you tomorrow."

All the other Ham-Hams were outside. They were all going on their separate ways to their homes. As Oxnard started to head home... "Oxnard," a voice called. Oxnard turned around and saw Pashmina with Penelope. "Penelope," Pashmina suggested, "how about you go on without me? You know your way now." Penelope replied by saying "Ookyoo!" and left. "Oxnard," Pashmina started, "thank you for helping me teach those boys a lesson." "Well um..." Oxnard replied, "you're welcome Pashmina."
"Sorry for rubbing against you. I had to prove my point."
"Hey, that's all right. I understand what you had to do."
"That's great. Oh, I forgot to give you this." She gave Oxnard his seed back. "I almost forgot about this."
"Thank you Pashmina. I was wondering where that went."
"Oh, and there's just one more thing I had to give to you."
"What is it?"
Pashmina decided to give Oxnard a kiss on the cheek. "Once again, thank you Oxnard," she said as she followed Penelope. She was watching the whole thing occur. Oxnard couldn't figure out why Pashmina kissed him. He thought that it was something he needed and continued on his way home.

"So, could I walk you home... girlfriend?" Hamtaro asked as he and Bijou were walking home. "Actually," she suggested, "how about I walk you home... boyfriend." "Yeah," Hamtaro agreed, "that sounds good." Hamtaro and Bijou soon arrived at his house. "Well, Hamtaro," Bijou asked, "where are you going to put your sunflower?" "Well," Hamtaro answered, "I'm sure I'll put this next to Brandy's doghouse. That way, I'll be sure to pick up a quick snack before I pick you up." "Oh, don't worry about it Hamtaro. I'll pick you up tomorrow," Bijou said as she gave Hamtaro a good-bye kiss. "I love you Bijou," Hamtaro said. "I love you too," Bijou replied. He watched her depart as she headed back to her home. Hamtaro then placed his sunflower next to Brandy's doghouse. "I hope you don't eat those sunflower seeds," he reminded Brandy as he yawned at him. Hamtaro went back to his cage in Laura's room.

When Laura went home, she jotted down her thoughts into her journal as Hamtaro was sitting on her desk nibbling on a sunflower seed. "I was so glad to see Travis at school," Laura began, "today's the first full day that he's my boyfriend. I feel so proud of what happened last night. I'll never forget that day." 'And today's the first full day that Bijou was my girlfriend,' Hamtaro's mind wondered, 'although she was talking to Boss most of the time, things have turned out OK. I hope to spend more time with Bijou tomorrow.' "Well, today was sure great," Laura smiled proudly, "I wonder what tomorrow will bring." 'Heke' was Hamtaro's only response.