Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Hamsters in Love ❯ Being "Crushy". ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Hamsters in Love
by DVGBA

It has now been about a week since Hamtaro and Bijou became a couple. Things have been used to by now. They agreed that they will pick up and drop each other off at their houses every day except for Sunday. On Sundays, they would meet in an neutral area before heading for the clubhouse. Today is Sunday, and Bijou has been waiting for almost an half hour. "...vere could he be?" Bijou asked herself.

Laura had been sleeping in for quite a while now. She was tired studying for tomorrow's science test. Hamtaro wasn't sure when she was going to wake up, as he promised Bijou that he was going to meet her in a hidden area. He was given directions yesterday, though he couldn't quite figure out exactly when to turn left or right. "...Laura, someone is at the door," her mom called. Laura finally woke up, but very slowly. She didn't realize how much she slept until she looked at the clock. "Oh no," she said while yawning, "why do I always stay up late?"

She went downstairs wearing her usual clothes. She was wondering who was at the door. When she opened the door, she saw Travis. "Hey Laura," he said, "there's a new kid at the neighborhood and he is very good at soccer." "Really," she asked, "even better than you?" "I'm not sure," he answered, "but maybe I can find out for myself. How about you watch the guys play soccer?" "That'd be a great idea," she said with excitement.

Hamtaro watched Laura and Travis leave. "Finally..." he said, "I thought she would never leave." Hamtaro was so excited about today. He was so glad that it'll tomorrow be one week since he and Bijou became a couple. He learned how much more special it is to have a girlfriend in the past week thanks to Maxwell's book-smart explanation. Hamtaro hopes that Bijou will remain his girlfriend forever seeing as he loves her so much. Hamtaro left his cage and left a house through a tunnel he made when he first got out. He then zoomed through a pipe leading to the ground. He flew out and landed on Brandy's head. "Hi Brandy," he said happily, "I can't wait to see my girlfriend Bijou today." He hopped off Brandy's head as he took off to see Bijou, remembering the directions that she gave him. Brandy lets out his usual yawn before going back to sleep.

Bijou was still waiting for Hamtaro to arrive. She hoped that he'll be here soon as she started to feel a rather chilly wind. She had noticed that there were some brown leaves that have been falling off the various trees around her. She spotted Hamtaro looking around. It was obvious that he was looking for her. "Over here Hamtaro," she called out. She hoped that he heard her. When Hamtaro looked at her, she knew that he was coming. He ran over to her, glad that he saw her. "Bonjour Hamtaro my love," she said as she rubbed her cheeks against Hamtaro's while making a 'schmubby-wubby' sound. She was so happy to see him, even though he was a bit late. "Hamha Bijou," Hamtaro replied as he returned the favor, "sorry I was late. Laura woke up late again." "I noticed," Bijou said, "I have been waiting." She couldn't help but to say how much she loved Hamtaro. She had a dream a couple of days ago when she and Hamtaro were in Paris...

They were sitting really close to each other on top of the Eiffel Tower looking at the city below in a marvelous sunset. They had taken some sort of miniature hot air balloon to the top earlier. There was no moment better than this and Bijou had to do something. She closed her eyes as she brought her lips closer to Hamtaro's. He was doing the same thing. As they were about to kiss, that's where the dream ended. She hopes that her dream will be a reality, like her previous dream.

Bijou just realized that she fell asleep. When she opened her eyes, she saw Hamtaro pulling away from her. "Did I fall asleep?" she asked. "Well, yeah it looked like it," Hamtaro replied, then started to trail off a bit, "I... sort of tried to... wake you up..." Bijou blushed as she knew what Hamtaro did. "Don't vorry about it," she assured Hamtaro, "I know vat you did." Before Hamtaro could respond, she had given him a soft kiss to the lips. To both of them, it felt wonderful. "So..." Hamtaro began to ask, "should we head for the clubhouse?" "Zure Hamtaro," she responded as she took hold of his paw. Both of them started to head towards the clubhouse. They couldn't wait to find out what's going on there.

Outside near the clubhouse, Sandy and Pashmina, with Penelope accompanying her, were talking about what had been going on in the past few days. It's usual girltalk, the kind of conversation that boys wouldn't understand. They have been waiting for Bijou for a while, but they knew that she's with Hamtaro. They would sing the occasional 'Guy and girl sitting in a tree' song, which would make Bijou blush. She got used to it quickly however.

When Bijou arrived, Sandy called her over. "I'm going to be with the girls," Bijou said to Hamtaro, "I'll see you at the clubhouse." She kissed Hamtaro on the cheek before going to the other girls. At the same time, Hamtaro went to the clubhouse. He didn't want to faced with the same embarrassment he experienced when Sandy made him tell Maxwell that she liked him a lot. While Hamtaro found it difficult to tell Maxwell this, he had eventually done so. He remembered when he and Bijou were sitting next to Maxwell and Sandy, who were ribbing their cheeks against each other while making a 'schmubby-wubby' sound. That was a month before he and Bijou admitted their love to each other.

Bijou came to the girls and was wondering what they were talking about. "Bonjour girls," she greeted them, "sorry I was late. I had to wait for Hamtaro to come." "Oh, we figured it out by now," Sandy said, "you're just in time. Pashmina was about to mention that she has a crush on one of the boys." "Oh, who could it be?" Bijou asked. "It's not really necessary," Pashmina said in a concerned voice, "I used him as a way to teach the other boys a lesson. It's obvious that he doesn't feel the same way." "Oh come on Pashmina," Sandy said, "I know you like him a lot. I even saw you teach those boys a lesson and I can tell what you did with him." "You mean that you know about this Sandy?" Bijou asked. "Exactly," Sandy answered, "Maxwell and I wanted to know what was going on behind us, so we watched. I shall explain..."

Flashback to last week, while Maxwell and Sandy were having lunch, they were wondering what had been going on behind then. It was obvious that Howdy, Dexter, and Stan were fighting not far behind them. Sandy didn't feel like separating the fight, while Maxwell was totally frustrated when he tried to separate a brawl that interrupted a friendly game of soccer. They decided the wait, maybe the other boys would get tired and stop.

Some time passed and the fighting never ceased. Maxwell and Sandy were tired of this, as it was ruining their time together. They both decided to stop the battle together. When they turned around, they spotted Pashmina whispering a plan to Oxnard and Cappy. They thought that Pashmina had an idea, so they watched.

"Say Oxnard," Pashmina began, "would you like to share your sunflower seed with me?" "Oh, sure Pashmina," Oxnard answered, "I couldn't bear to finish my seed." He gave his one sunflower seed to Pashmina. This was Cappy's cue to sing, "Oxnard and Pashmina, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!"

Maxwell and Sandy tried not to laugh at this. Sandy thought that she could possibly bug Pashmina about this at a later period. Maxwell was studying the reactions of the other boys, which was largely exaggerated.

"Hey," Howdy yelled, "we can't let Oxnard get Pashmina like THAT!" "I'll agree," Dexter said, "let's teach Oxnard not to impress her with our backs turned." "You said it dudes," Stan agreed.

All three of them were rushing towards Oxnard and Pashmina when Penelope got in the way and yelled "Ookyoo!" "What's the big idea?" Howdy complained. "Yeah," Dexter said, "we were going to teach Oxnard a lesson here!" At that point, Pashmina, Oxnard, Cappy, and Penelope were all laughing, seeing that Howdy, Dexter, and Stan were tricked. "Yo," Stan asked, "what's so funny?" "Well," Oxnard said while laughing, "Pashmina pretended to have a crush on me in an attempt for you guys to stop fighting." "I can't believe it," Pashmina laughed, "they fell for our trick." The three boys sweatdropped. "I can't believe we were outsmarted," Howdy realized. "We shouldn't have fought all this time," Dexter said. "I guess we owe beautiful here an apology," Stan suggested as all three said in unison, "We're sorry!" "Aww," Pashmina said, "well, I suppose that I should accept your apology then. But if you guys fight again..." As she finished saying this, she rubbed Oxnard's cheek with hers making that 'schmubby-wubby' sound. "We'll talk later," she whispered to him. "Huh?" was Oxnard's only reply.

Sandy had a kick out of this, she couldn't wait to bug Pashmina as soon as possible. But she tried not to bug her about this too soon. She wanted to wait until the perfect opportunity, but for now she really wanted to spend time with Maxwell. "Wow! That was so cool the way Pashmina taught those boys a lesson," she said. "I've got to admit," Maxwell replied, "that was really smart of her."
"Oh really? What would I do in that same situation?"
"Oh, you know. The usual 'use your ribbon to drag others out of the fight'."
"Ah, you got me there. I don't like Stan's flirtatious attitude. So uncool of him."
"I understand what you mean. Maybe it would be better is he wasn't your brother."
"What? No way! That would make it even worse. I'm glad that he's ONLY my brother."
"I never knew of that result..."
"Don't worry about that Max. Nobody is perfectly smart, yet you're the smartest hamster I've ever met."
"Thank you Sandy."
Maxwell couldn't help to think how beautiful Sandy was, especially in the glow of the coming sunset. Her orange fur looked more like a sunset during this time. "Sandy," Maxwell said, "you look beautiful." Sandy started to blush. "Really?" she said in surprise as she blushed, "you're so sweet." She got closer to Maxwell and rubbed her cheeks against his producing a 'schmubby-wubby' sound. Maxwell returned the favor. Both he and Sandy knew that 'the kiss' would come soon. "I love you Sandy," Maxwell said. "I love you too," was Sandy's response.

Maxwell and Sandy were sitting close to each other, observing the sunset. They knew that their 'magic time' has come. Their lips got closer to the other, and as they were about to kiss... "Hey, Sandy and Maxwell," called a voice. They were interrupted just before they kiss. Both of them looked behind them as the others were about to leave. "You two stalling again," Stan continued. Both Maxwell and Sandy blushed as they followed the rest of them.

"...and that's what happened," Sandy finished. "Vat was good and all," Bijou said, "but did you really have to explain every detail. Sandy blushed and said, "Whoops!" She realized that she told the other girls about what she and Maxwell did. "Hey, that's all right Sandy," Pashmina said, "I'm glad that's over." Penelope jumped up and down and said "Ookyoo!" Bijou, Pashmina, and Penelope started to walk to the clubhouse. Sandy watched them walk and grinned at Pashmina. "I'm not finished explaining yet," she said silently, "I know you like Oxnard and I'll make sure THAT message is sent." Sandy made an even bigger grin. She knew who to send the 'message' and it was Hamtaro.

At the clubhouse, things were usual as the boys waited for the girls to arrive. The only boy who didn't want to see the girls come in was Oxnard. For the past few days, he seemed to panic more and more. He's been like this ever since Pashmina give him a kiss. He didn't know what was going on, but he knew it was something. Dexter, Howdy, and Stan have gotten along a lot better since Pashmina taught them a lesson. But at the same time, they thought that she and Oxnard were up to something. They really want to get rid of him so badly, yet if they fought again, Pashmina would have no choice but to choose Oxnard over them. So they really didn't have a choice. Boss has been a lot nicer to the others since he realized that Hamtaro and Bijou became a couple. Panda, as usual, would occasionally fix a broken object, yet he would sometime sneak away from the others in claims that he has a "secret project". The others really wanted to know what it was, but Panda kept changing the subject. Cappy would struggle to find the perfect position for his green cap whenever Pashmina and Penelope arrive to the clubhouse. Dexter, Howdy, and Stan didn't find him a threat however, as they feel he is one of the youngest Ham-Hams and figured that he likes Penelope. While Cappy denies of this, he couldn't keep his crush a secret for long. Tensions were rising as the boys patiently waited for the girls to arrive. Yet, no one was sure who was going to enter as they can only wait.