Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Hamsters in Love ❯ And Now for Some Heartbreak... ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Hamsters in Love
by DVGBA

All the boys in the clubhouse were trembling with a somewhat sense of fear. None of them knew who was going to enter next. As the door cracked open, everyone dove under whatever was near them... nothing happened just yet so one-by-one and slowly, each of the boy hamsters climbed from whatever they were under. They seemed to have 'spoken' too soon when they discovered who was entering the clubhouse.

It turned out that Maxwell, one of the two boy hamsters who haven't came in yet, entered the clubhouse as all the other boys quickly fell over. "What's with you guys?" he asked, "you've been like this everyday." "We can't help it," Dexter replied, "all of us have been nervous for all the wrong reasons." "Ugh... all of yous have something to worry about," Maxwell complained, "but I've noticed that all you worry about are the girls." "He's exactly right," Boss exclaimed, "the past week has been hard for me because of Hamtaro being with Bijou. But I've pretty much gotten used to it. Speaking of Hamtaro, why isn't he here yet?"

At that point, Hamtaro entered. "Hamha everybody," Hamtaro called out happily, "sorry I'm late. I'm sure you know the rest." "Uhh... we sure do," Boss said sarcastically. Hamtaro, being so curious about what the others are thinking, asked "so what's going on here?" "Well, it's pretty much obvious," Maxwell answered, "the past week, I have investigated the current situation and noticed a growing sign of jealousy." "Huh?" Hamtaro became confused at the sight of that word. "Jealousy is when you don't like things that aren't going your way," Maxwell answered.

All the boy hamsters were now paying attention to Maxwell as he began explaining the events of the past week. "Everybody seems to be acting strange for some sort of reason. Panda sneaks out of the clubhouse at random times. Cappy endlessly adjusts his cap. Dexter, Howdy, and Stan have been directing their anger towards Oxnard. And Boss seems to have been a lot nicer to everyone. This is some strange behavior that I have been witnessing for the past week." By the time Maxwell finished explaining, all the boy hamsters, except for Panda and Hamtaro, have fallen asleep. Panda, however, has already sneaked out, obviously working on this 'secret project' he had mentioned a couple of time. As for Hamtaro, he was paying attention the whole time, surprised that everyone else has fallen asleep. "I expected better response than this," Maxwell groaned.

By this point, the door opened once again. This time, the ones entering the clubhouse were, you guessed it, the girls. Bijou and Sandy went to their boyfriends, Bijou to Hamtaro and Sandy to Maxwell. Each of the couples rubbed their cheeks against each other making that 'schmubby-wubby' sound. Pashmina could only look at the other boys, who have fallen asleep. "Think I should wake them?" she asked. Penelope replied with an "Ookyoo!" "All right then," Pashmina began, "let's see what I can do." She pondered for a moment and in just a couple of minutes, she figured out what to do. "Oh boys..." she said seductively.

In a split second, all the sleeping boys woke up, now realizing that the girls are here. Unfortunately, they ending up running around in random directions complaining about if they look perfect. "My apron still has that chocolate stain from 3 days ago." "Oh no, I forgot to clean my eyeglasses." "Where's my sunflower seed?!" Out cried the various complaints about little things as Pashmina and Penelope witnessed this with a sweatdrop. The love sessions of the two couples were also interrupted by the noises. "Maybe it wasn't a good idea," Pashmina complained. Penelope sadly replied with an "Ookyoo!"

Order was eventually restored as Boss got into his senses and stopped the madness. "What wrong with you guys," Boss shouted, "can't you see that you've been like this every day for the past three days?" "Haven't we already mentioned," Dexter repeated, "WE CAN'T HELP IT!" Dexter's yelling knocked Boss over. "OK, OK..." Boss said, "you didn't have to yell."

All the Ham-Hams were gathered at the round table. Sitting in a clockwise direction are: Hamtaro, Bijou, Penelope, Pashmina, Dexter, Howdy, Cappy, Maxwell, Sandy, Stan, Boss, and finally Oxnard. There seems to be a 'cup of tea' for each of the Ham-Hams. It wasn't long until one of the Ham-Hams realized who was missing. "Where's Panda?" someone asked. "Ugh, he always sneaks out when no one is looking," Boss groaned, "just what kind of trick is he trying to pull anyway?" "Maybe he might be preparing Christmas decorations," Howdy guessed, "it's only a little more than a month before Christmas you know." "How can you be sure of that?" Dexter asked as he took a sip of his cup of tea.
"Well, you know that Christmas is about decorations. And the best part about it is the presents."
"Always thinking about money Howdy?"
"You know it."
"Oh come on now. We all know that Christmas is about being with your family..."

As Dexter explained the real meaning about the holiday, someone was at the door. Obviously, it was Panda. He was taking a break from his 'secret project' to find out what's going on. He saw that all the Ham-Hams were discussing the current situation(s). He wondered on what the others have to know why he sneaks out at random times. Before anyone thought of noticing him, Panda slowly snuck away and softly said to himself, "Don't about what I do. It'll all be worth it in a few months."

After Dexter finished explaining, Maxwell suggested that they should all head outside. "...I think it's about time we should forget our problems. Even if it only lasts about an hour," Maxwell finished. "Like, that would be a great idea Maxwell," Sandy agreed. All the others agreed. They really wanted some fresh air as there are concerns for colder weather. Though Pashmina isn't as concerned considering that she wears a scarf.

Soon, everyone was outside. Everyone managed to run around a bit, have lunch, or maybe have some conversation. Either way, everyone was having a good time. Oxnard just stood there as he nibbled on the usual sunflower seed. He couldn't help but to look at Pashmina. He can recall what happened a few days ago.

"Oxnard," Pashmina started, "thank you for helping me teach those boys a lesson." "Well um..." Oxnard replied, "you're welcome Pashmina."
"Sorry for rubbing against you. I had to prove my point."
"Hey, that's all right. I understand what you had to do."
"That's great. Oh, I forgot to give you this." She gave Oxnard his seed back. "I almost forgot about this."
"Thank you Pashmina. I was wondering where that went."
"Oh, and there's just one more thing I had to give to you."
"What is it?"
Pashmina decided to give Oxnard a kiss on the cheek. "Once again, thank you Oxnard," she said as she followed Penelope. She was watching the whole thing occur. Oxnard couldn't figure out why Pashmina kissed him. He thought that it was something he needed and continued on his way home.

To this day, Oxnard was still unsure why Pashmina kissed him. But he couldn't help it as he was attracted to her. Does she have a crush on him? Oxnard had no choice but to ask. But how should he do it without attracting attention, especially from Dexter, Howdy, and/or Stan. Just as he was about to call out her name, Stan came over to her.

"Hey beautiful," Stan said to Pashmina, "would you like to have some lunch with me?" "Well, I..." Pashmina slowly began, but stop when she noticed Oxnard hiding in a nearby bush, obviously calling her over. "Hold on a second," she said to Stan, "you may prepare the lunch. I'll catch up with you in a minute. Please keep an eye on Penelope." Penelope followed Stan as he went to prepare the lunch.

Pashmina came up to Oxnard and wondered why she called her over for. "Oxnard," she asked, "is there something you wanted from me?" He nodded in response and began, "Pashmina, uh... it's about what happened a few days ago." She knew this was coming.

She remembered teaching the boys a lesson on how not to fight for her love and proved her point by rubbing her cheek against Oxnard's. And that kiss she gave him, it was only a thank you kiss and nothing else. She didn't mean to actually make him fall in love with her. She had to do something without breaking his heart.

"Oxnard," she began, "I know what you are going to say." Oxnard was carefully listening to her as she continued, "When I taught Dexter, Howdy, and Stan a lesson on not fighting over me, I was proving my point by rubbing against you. And the kiss I gave you..." Oxnard wondered what she was going to say, he got real nervous as he was unsure if she liked him or not. "...it was more like a... 'thank you' kiss rather than a 'I like you a lot' kiss," she finished.

Oxnard couldn't believe what she said. He was unsure of how to react. His eyes are filled with tears as he felt nothing but sadness. "Th... that can't be..." he stuttered. "I'm sorry Oxnard," Pashmina apologized, "I like you as a friend, but not in the way you think. Please forgive me." She tried to comfortably hug Oxnard, but he quickly backed away. "First you tell me that you just like me as a friend," Oxnard yelled, "then you try to hug me. This is getting ridiculous." "Wait a minute..." Pashmina tried to calm him down and asked nicely, "can't we talk this over?" "You can talk THAT over with the other cool boys," Oxnard yelled continuously, "just leave me alone!" He blindly ran off crying endlessly as he dropped his sunflower seed. "Oh no," Pashmina complained, "what have I done?" She started to cry.

Nearby, Maxwell and Sandy was walking, holding each other's paw. They hear some crying. "Uh oh," Sandy said, "that sound's like Pashmina." She lets go of Maxwell's paw as she went to Pashmina. It was obvious that she was crying. "What's wrong Pashmina?" Sandy asked. "I... tried to assure Oxnard that... I only like him as a friend..." Pashmina said while crying, "but he was yelling at me and... ran off crying. What have I done wrong?" She then cried even louder than before.

Soon, all the Ham-Hams came to the source. Pashmina explained what happened before while crying. The crying wasn't as loud as before, considering that she slowly ceased her crying. "I know that Oxnard was going to be heartbroken," Boss laughed, "it shows who's laughing now." "Boss, that was so mean," Bijou exclaimed, "can't you see that it is a serious situation?" "I wouldn't say that it's a serious situation," Howdy said, "Pashmina rejected Oxnard, so I'm sure she likes me the most." "Hey, you wouldn't seem to care that the dear Pashmina is heartbroken," Dexter retorted, "now if you'll excuse me. I'm going to comfort my dear Pashmina." He was about to head for Pashmina, when Boss, Howdy, and Stan tackled him and triggered a fight, covered up by the 'cartoon cloud'. Pashmina stopped crying as she overheard a fight. She knew that she remembered something from a few days ago.

"I can't believe we were outsmarted," Howdy realized. "We shouldn't have fought all this time," Dexter said. "I guess we owe beautiful here an apology," Stan suggested as all three said in unison, "We're sorry!" "Aww," Pashmina said, "well, I suppose that I should accept your apology then. But if you guys fight again..." As she finished saying this, she rubbed Oxnard's cheek with hers making that 'schmubby-wubby' sound.

"I think it's a good idea that we should all look for Oxnard," Maxwell suggested. "No, wait..." everyone was surprised when Pashmina said this. "What do you mean?" Hamtaro asked. "I should look for Oxnard myself," Pashmina said, "I'm responsible for what happened. Not just that. Take a look behind you." The others turned around to find out that there was a fight behind them. "Huh, wait a minute," Sandy said, "now I remember. When you said that if those boys were to fight again, you would choose Oxnard over them." Pashmina nodded and said, "Maybe I should give Oxnard a chance." She left and started to look for him.

All the others were observing the fight that Boss, Howdy, Stan, and Dexter were involved in. "Think I should stop the fight?" Hamtaro asked. "Oh Hamtaro," Bijou answered worriedly, "I wouldn't vant to zee you get hurt, Besides, ze haven't had lunch yet." "Yeah," Cappy shouted, "I'm dying to have some food." Soon, the others agreed. "I'm not going to try and pull those other boys out of the fight," Sandy remarked, "they threw themselves into it and they wouldn't want to experience what will happen next." The other Ham-Hams left the four combatants to themselves as they continue to fight.