Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Hamsters in Love ❯ Anything For Love... ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Hamsters in Love
by DVGBA

Oxnard couldn't determine how far he was running for as he hasn't stopped crying since he started running. He dropped his sunflower seed a long way back, but he didn't care as he was aimlessly running. He couldn't take notice of the rock that was ahead of him. Would he be able to avoid the rock in time? Unfortunately, he got tripped over and suddenly rolled downward. The sudden jolt took Oxnard by surprise. He didn't know what was at the bottom of the hill. Below, there was a pond. But due to the recent chill in the past week, the pond was at the start of the freezing process. SPLASH! Before he knew it, he slammed into the pond and floated at least a foot away from the edge. Oxnard couldn't swim as he was struggled to keep above water while calling for help.

Pashmina has been following Oxnard's footprints for a while now. She never knew that he could have ran away that far. She was so busy following the footprints that she failed to notice Oxnard's sunflower seed as she passed it. She was just too busy following his footprints. As Pashmina followed the footprints left behind of Oxnard, she began hearing crys for help. She thought that she was hearing things, but it started becoming more obvious as the crys were getting louder. Pashmina quickly knew who was there. "...Oxnard," she said quietly as she ran to the source of the sound.

It has been five minutes since Oxnard fell in the pond. He tried his best to get to the edge, but to no avail. He knew there was no hope. Then he suddenly saw a hamster, it was Pashmina. "Please hel... ...e," his call was broken up by the water. He kept repeating this, but water quickly filled his mouth. All he had to do was to stay above water.

Pashmina slowed herself down as she was heading to the pond. It was a difficult run down hill as one mistake could send her falling. When she made it to the edge, she pulled out her paw yelling, "Grab my paw. You can do it!" Oxnard tried to reach her paw, but it was too far. Pashmina had to try something else. She spotted a nearby stick, so she thought it might work. She took the stick, about a half-foot long, and reached it to as close to Oxnard as possible. It was no use, as it fell just short of him to grab. Pashmina couldn't think of anything else to do while assuring Oxnard that she'll find a way.

Soon, Pashmina developed an idea. She removed her scarf and said to herself, "I might ruin my scarf, but it's the only thing I can do." She threw one end of the scarf to Oxnard, while holding the other end. The scarf was long enough to reach Oxnard. He quickly took it, it was Pashmina's cue to pull. She pulled as hard, but carefully, as she could. Oxnard slowly made it to the edge as Pashmina dragged him out of the pond.

Oxnard was freezing after exiting the pond. He didn't realize how cold the pond was until he got out. Pashmina looked at him, she discovered that he was visibly shaking. "Oh Oxnard," Pashmina cried, "what have I done to cause this?" "Toooo... coooold..." was Oxnard's only reply. It was obvious he was freezing cold. The only thing Pashmina could do was to wrap her scarf around him. "Please take this," she said while tying her scarf around Oxnard, "it'll keep you warm." "Buut... whaat... aboouut... yoouu...?" Oxnard asked while shivering.
"I'll be fine. Don't worry, I'll stay with you."
"Thaank... yoouu..."
"I'm sorry that I made you cry earlier today. Please forgive me."
"Iit... waas... myy... faauult... Ii... kneew... Ii... shoouuldn't... haave... reeaacteed... liikee... thaat..."
"Well, at least you're safe."
"Wheeree's... myy... suunflooweer... seeeed...?"
"Oh, I saw it somewhere. I'll get it for you. Please stay still while I'll get it for you."
"Thaank... you..."
Before Pashmina left, she gave Oxnard a quick kiss on the cheek. "I hope that scarf will warm you," she said. "Uum, iit waasn't juust thee scaarf thaat waarmeed me," Oxnard replied, he wasn't freezing as much as before, "iit waas thee kiiss..." Pashmina grinned while blushing. Before Pashmina could turn to find Oxnard's sunflower seed, he said, "Paashmiinaa... Ii loovee yoouu..." "I love you too," she replied softly. She then ran off to find Oxnard's sunflower seed.

It has been a while since Pashmina was backtracking. She knew that the sunflower seed was around somewhere, but it was unknown to what the location was. When she thought that there was no hope, she suddenly spotted Oxnard's sunflower seed. "There it is," She exclaimed. She ran over to it and picked it up. As she took the seed, she suddenly head a quack. It sounded like a crow. Pashmina had to quickly do something. But it was too late, the crow has already appeared and it was heading for Pashmina at full speed. She quickly ran from it, backtracking all the way back to the pond. However, the crow was too fast and picked her up by its claws, grasping around her tightly. She tried her best to shake it off, regardless of the risks. The only thing she had to do was to throw the sunflower seed down, hoping that Oxnard would see it.

Oxnard's body temperature had recently returned to normal thanks to Pashmina's scarf and also her kiss. Oxnard started to worry that she could possibly get lost. At the same time, he felt embarrassed wearing the pink scarf. But he knew it was going to be worth it. As he started to look for Pashmina, he saw something tiny falling to the ground. It was his sunflower seed. He quickly darted to the seed and hugged it. "Oh, I missed you so much," he said, "I thought I would never see you again." But as he heard Pashmina's cry for help, he knew there was something else in mind. He placed his sunflower seed down and climbed a nearby tree.

From the treetop, he looked around to see where Pashmina was. He heard the cry for help again from behind him. He turned around to see that a crow was quickly approaching him. One of the claws were grasped around Pashmina. "Please save me Oxnard!" she screamed as the crow zoomed above Oxnard as he ducked. Fear suddenly launched into Oxnard's mind. He didn't want to be involved in this, be he had to rescue Pashmina before it's too late. Suddenly, he felt a flashback coming along.

Oxnard imagined himself as Hamtaro as he rushed towards the cat and tackled it. He really hadn't thought about what possessed Hamtaro to do such a crazy thing. Oxnard thought that if Hamtaro could do it, he can do the same as well.

Oxnard threw away his fear and glared at the crow as it was approaching him again. "All right you mean crow," he yelled, "you think you can be all tough and try to take away the girl I love! I'll teach you a lesson that you'll NEVER forget!!!" He backed away to the edge to prepare for his monstrous sprint. "Come and bring it all to me!" he yelled furiously at the approaching crow and he suddenly darted towards it. He seemed to be possessed by the same thing that possessed Hamtaro a week ago. He would figure it out later, but there was only one priority on his mind. Both the crow and Oxnard were dashing at each other, Pashmina closed her eyes as she wasn't sure what was going to happen next. She was worried about Oxnard.

There was a loud thud as Pashmina felt the crow's loss of grip. She was on a free fall and knew she was going to live her last seconds that way. She kept her eyes closed as her life could possibly end around this point. Then suddenly, she seemed to be grabbed once again. This time, it was something soft. She opened her eyes and discovered who held her. "Oxnard...?"

Both Oxnard and Pashmina were falling together. No one knew what going to happen next. Only seconds separated them and the ground. There was only one thing Pashmina could do. "Oxnard, my scarf..." she began, "it's our only chance." She grabbed the pink scarf from Oxnard as she held one end. "Take the other end Oxnard," she commanded, "I hope this works..." Oxnard took the other end, and by a stroke of luck, their fall had quickly slowed down. "Pashmina, it worked," Oxnard said, "we're saved!"

They managed to make a safe landing to where Oxnard's sunflower seed was placed. "Oh Oxnard," Pashmina applauded, "you saved me. I don't know how you did it." "Oh, I guess it was nothing," Oxnard laughed. "At least we're safe now," Pashmina said as she gave Oxnard a kiss to the lips. Oxnard became surprised at this and asked, "you... really love me?"
"Yes, I fell in love with you after I tricked those other boys. I first thought I did this for fun, until I discovered that you were so brave."
"Pashmina, I was so worried about you... how I rescued you was..."
Pashmina softly covered Oxnard's mouth with her paw and said, "Spare the details. The main thing is that you saved me. I'm dearly impressed with you. And whatever you're going to ask, let's just say that I'll be your girlfriend."
She confirmed this by giving him a passionate kiss to the lips. Oxnard was right, he was going to ask Pashmina for her to be his girlfriend. After a while, they broke the kiss. "Let's get back to the clubhouse," Pashmina suggested. "OK," Oxnard said as he gave Pashmina her scarf back, "don't forget your scarf." "Yeah, thanks for reminding me," she said as she was putting on her scarf and asked, "how do I look?" "You're beautiful," Oxnard answered happily. He rubbed his cheek against hers producing the 'schmubby-wubby' sound.

It was sunset, and the other Ham-Hams were worried. "Where could dear Pashmina be?" Dexter asked. It has been hours since they last saw Oxnard and Pashmina. Penelope was especially worried, she was unsure if Pashmina would ever return. Hamtaro and Bijou did keep an eye on Penelope while Pashmina was gone, but her worries remained. "I bet Oxnard is still crying his eyes out as Pashmina continuously breaks his heart over, and over, and over!" Boss laughed. "Yeah, that'll show him what's so funny about being heartbroken," Howdy replied. "Oh you fools," Dexter complained, "I'm sure Pashmina was comforting him as he realizes the rejection he faced." "So you still feel sorry for Oxnard," Stan said, "how uncool for a dork to feel sorry." "Hey," Dexter yelled being insulted, "you wouldn't dare to call me a dork!" "Well," Stan replied, "I just did. What are you going to do about it?"

"You two, stop fighting." Sandy separated the argument and continued, "I'm sure Pashmina and Oxnard are talking about this." Sandy then noticed some rustling in the bushes. "I think they're coming back." All the Ham-Hams saw Pashmina and Oxnard return... holding paws. The four bachelor hamsters, Boss, Stan, Howdy, and Dexter, dropped their jaws in surprise and disbelief as they discovered the shocking news. "Well," Sandy said, "it looks like they had a good talk." "Yeah," Bijou said, "I guess they forgiven each other and became a couple." "I just love happy endings," Hamtaro said as he rubbed his cheek against Bijou's while making a 'schmubby-wubby' sound. The other two couples followed suit. "I guess things turned out to be OK," Cappy said, "right Boss?" "Umm..." Boss answered nervously, "if you could say so." Boss was still mad that things weren't going his way, but he hopes it won't last long. Later, all the Ham-Hams bid good-bye to each other as they went back home. Hamtaro and Bijou, however, went back to the neutral spot before they went home.

"I'm so glad the zee day ended well, don't you think Hamtaro?" Bijou asked. "Yeah," Hamtaro answered, "I'm glad that Oxnard and Pashmina made up and even better, they became a couple, just like we are."
"Yeah, I'm glad to zee that."
"Bijou, do you think we'll be a couple forever?"
"Oh, yes Hamtaro. I hope we'll be like this forever."
"We love each other so much. I'm so glad that we're together."
"Me too."
They both engage themselves in a passionate kiss. Both of them knew they'll be a couple forever. Nothing could break their bond, regardless of the challenge. They both broke the kiss as they said good-bye before heading back to their home.

At Laura's house, Hamtaro was sitting on Laura's desk while chewing on a sunflower seed. Laura was jotting down some thoughts on her Journal. 'Today, Travis and I met a new kid at school,' her mind wandered, 'the new kid's name is Rick and he has a hamster. His name is Beckford.' 'Hey, cool,' Hamtaro's mind sprang to life, 'I bet he might come to the clubhouse tomorrow.' 'Rick is really good in soccer,' Laura's mind continued, 'but I bet he isn't as good as Travis is, though he did get lucky a few times.' "Well Hamtaro," Laura said, "today has been exciting. I wonder what will tomorrow will bring." 'Heke,' was Hamtaro's response.