Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Hamsters in Love ❯ A Runaway Ham-Ham? ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Hamsters in Love
by DVGBA

It was a dark, cold night. It was very quiet all around. Everyone was sleeping except for one. "Badda badda badda badda." It was a very silent sound of running. A field hamster was taking a 3 AM run in the park. He seemed to look a lot like Boss except that it had a reddish tone on most of his fur. It was unknown as to why he was running, but it was certain that this field hamster will discover something interesting.

He stopped near a set of rocks catching his breath. He marveled at the sight of what was beneath. "Hmm..." came a strong British accent, "I gots to check this incredible sight tomorrow. I'll be sure to find some new mates then." He departed the area and seemed to head home... wherever it was.

For once, Laura got up in time. Yesterday, she managed to go to bed early. Actually, her parents made her go to bed early. Either way, she got up in time. After she got dressed, she went downstairs to have some breakfast.

Meanwhile, Hamtaro started to clean up his 'room'. Well, it's not really a room, it's basically your typical hamster cage. Although, I wish he could run on a safer whiz wheel. Anyway... as soon as Hamtaro finished cleaning, he looked outside the window if he sees Laura leave yet. To his luck, she stepped out. As soon as she was out of sight, Hamtaro began his exit.

After he made his way out, he started to feel colder than yesterday. The wintery chill has gotten progressively worse, but that doesn't stop him from going to the Ham-Ham Clubhouse every day. It felt like a routine ever since Laura's family moved to the new town.

It wasn't long before Bijou arrived. Hamtaro was pleased to see her arrive as he ran up to her and they schmubby-wubbied. "I'm so glad to see you Hamtaro," Bijou said. "Same here," Hamtaro replied.
"Hamtaro, it's been a week since we've been together, yes?"
"Sure it has been. I've been keeping track."
"Zat's good to know. Shall we head for zee clubhouse?"
"Actually, I thought that we might go to where we first kissed."
"Hee hee, you zure about that?"
"Yeah, I would like to make you smile again."

Not far away from them, the same field hamster from last night was eavesdropping in on Hamtaro and Bijou's conversation. "Is that... Bijou?" the British-accented hamster said to himself, "how has she forgotten about me? The orange ham-ham will regret this soon." He soon ran off, possibly heading for the Ham-Ham Clubhouse.

Boss had been fixing up the clubhouse since early this morning. He was unable to sleep well last night after wondering if there was a late night visitor. Despite that, he thought that it was about time he did some cleaning up. After he finished, he heard a knock on the door and a British-accented voice, "Hey maggot! Open the door!" "It's open, come in whoever you are," Boss replied. "Hey, don't be funny," the voice said, "I don't trust doors mate so get moving and open this blasted door." "Hey, why must I do everything myself?" Boss yelled as he advanced to the door, opened it and discovered that he was seeing a 'mirror image' of himself.
"Heh, about time brat. I've seen snails open doors faster than that."
"Quit trying to be a wise guy. There is only ONE Boss!"
"So Boss your name mate? I'm seen better names that are slapped together."
"What do you want from me?"
"I was wondering if you know a girl named Bijou."
"Uh... sure I do. She comes to the clubhouse daily as well as many other ham-hams. She was supposed to be my girl until Hamtaro..."
"...stole her from you?"
"Yeah, that's right."
"I feel your pain mate. She was supposed to be my girl until her owner moved away. So I've came all this way to find out that she's taken by a wimpy caged up hamster named Hamtaro?"
"That seems to be correct."
"Hah! Hamtaro, what a loser of a name. Sounds like one of those predictable little guys that somehow save the world and get the girl. I HATE those type of hamsters. I'm much more deserving of the darling Bijou. Big, strong, and fun-loving. Girls are supposed to dig those type and not of the puny little ones."
"So who are you?"
"So you wanna know about me mate? I'm the one known as Beckford. Born a field hamster, raised by my human owner Rick. I ran away from his home in Manchester, England. I did that because I was tried of being caged up, and I wanted to reexperience the life of a field hamster..."

Flashback to several months ago, in the springtime. Beckford was running from his owner's home city of Manchester. "Argh! I'm sick of that restrictive cage," Beckford said, "I miss the smashing life as a field hamster. I was born a field hamster and I shall perish a field hamster." He spotted a delivery truck, it was large like it was going to a faraway place. The cargo door was only slightly open, Beckford had to hurry and get there before the truck started to move. Quickly, he jumped up to the back bumper and squeezed into the back as the truck sped away. The loud sound of the engine overshadowed someone's voice calling for Beckford.

It was a long time since the truck left Manchester. Beckford wanted to know where the truck was going to stop. Seemingly, he wished he had a new life to start over with. The only way to do it was in a dream. He was finished making a makeshift bed to sleep on. As he fell asleep, he knew that he'll reexperience his field hamster life soon.

The next day, Beckford woke up and discovered that the cargo door was open. It had seemed to arrive in a completely different city. He then leaped out of the truck and started to explore the new land.

After hours of walking around, he seemed to be lost. "Drat! How am I supposed to get outta of this crazy city." Just as he was about to give up, he heard a beautiful French-accented voice. "Bonjour, do you seem to be lost, yes?" Beckford turned around, he discovered the most beautiful hamster he's ever seen. She had all white fur with blue ribbons. It was a beautiful sight for Beckford. In a loss for words, he fell into a daydream.

He woke up a while later in a cage of some sort. He quickly leaped from the bed and 'bounced' around the cage. "Lemme out! Lemme out! Lemme out!" Beckford complained like a maniac untiol he saw the beautiful all-white hamster again, "oh uhh... sorry about that." "No no, not your fault," said the French-accent hamster, "you a field hamster, yes?"
"You could say so. Are you another of those caged up hamsters?"
"I guess so. But I really like it here. My owner Maria takes care of me really well."
"I could tell by that."
"Heehee. Not surprised by that at all."
"I was born a field hamster and lived to run free. Unfortunately, I was founded by a city boy named Rick. I felt trapped in the craziness of the cage."
"Oh, vat feels so sad. Sometimes, I vish I could be free too, but I don't vant to vorry Maria."
"Hey, that gives me a smashing idea. How about we could get away from this smelly cage for an hour or two."
"Maybe, but I'm still not sure. And this cage is not smelly!"
"Ha ha ha! Sorry about that. Seriously, it is quite grand."
"You think so?"
"Yeah, sure whatever. C'mon, you going or what?"
"Well... I guess for vaybe a little while that vouldn't hurt."
"Smashing! Let's go!"

Beckford and the all-while hamster departed from the cage, not sure where they were going. They seemed to be silent for the most part until the French-accented hamster pointed to a nearby park. "Let's go over there. Maybe I can learn about your life as a field hamster. By the way, vat is your name?" "My former owner Rick was calling me Beckford. He thought that it would be a good idea for me to be closely named from a soccer player. I forgot his name though." "Beckford...? That sounds like an interesting name. My name is Bijou. I was named after a French word meaning jewel. I bet you figured vat out by now." "Uhh... I guess so." Bijou giggled while Beckford attempted to figure out where Bijou's name came from. "So where am I anyway?" Beckford asked. "I'm glad you asked that. We are in the city of Paris, in France," Bijou replied.
"So I'm basically in another country?"
"You got it."
"I figured that out."
Bijou giggled. "No you didn't."
"OK, so I didn't."
"No, actually you just did."
"Huh, really?"
"Yeah. Heehee, I think I just tricked you."
"Heh you just did."
"Hey, aren't you going to tell me what a field hamster does."
"Oh yeah. I forgot." Beckford scanned the park area, it was rather spacious. "Hmm... this seems to be a good sized area."
"well, if you could say so."
"The first thing to being a field hamster is that they don't have these silly accessories."
"So that means I can't wear these ribbons."
"That's right." Beckford slowly removed one of the ribbons Bijou was wearing.
"I don't really think it's a good idea..."
"No, don't worry girl. You'll feel much better without the ribbons. I promise you that."
"I guess so."

By now, Beckford has removed both of Bijou's ribbons. Now her fur feels a lot more free, especially. "You're wright Beckford," Bijou said, "it does feel a lot better." "That's the ticket," Beckford grinned.

For the next hour, Bijou was learning the way of the field hamster. She was able to find all sorts of nuts and seeds, but not as many as Beckford did. They learned all about each other, and had a great time. "I was glad to talk to another hamster for once," Bijou said, "I hope we'll meet each other again soon." "I hope so," Beckford replied. The two of them slowly brought their lips closer and just before they connect, Bijou quickly pulled away and looked at the horizon. "Oh no," she complained, "I've got to go. Maria will be worried." Bijou then gave Beckford a quick kiss to the cheek and headed home.

"...I never washed that cheek again," Beckford finished. "You mean," Boss inquired, "you actually didn't?" "Well... uh..." Beckford struggled, "I actually did a couple of days later because it's good to feel clean." In the time that Beckford told his story, all the Ham-Hams, except for Hamtaro and Bijou, arrived. "Hey Boss," Oxnard began to ask, "who's that ham-ham that looks like you?" "Oh," Boss snapped back to reality, "well, this is Beckford." "Morning mates," Beckford introduced, "the name's Beckford. I hail from the city of Manchester, England. Born a field hamsters, raised by human Rick, and ran away to find the darling Bijou. Who are you other hamsters?"

First, Dexter and Howdy introduce themselves. "I'm Dexter, a real gentlemen." "Not when you get involved with me." "Oh mind your manners Howdy. You're quite the rude one yourself."

Next was Oxnard, Pashmina, and Penelope. "I am Oxnard. I like sunflower seeds. I also like Pashmina. I guess you could say she's my girlfriend." "Don't worry Oxnard, I am your girlfriend." "Oh yay!" "Ookyoo!" "That is Penelope, she can't talk just yet. And I am Pashmina."

Next, Maxwell, Sandy, and Stan introduce themselves. "Greetings! I am Maxwell. That is Sandy, my girlfriend, and her twin brother Stan." "Like, hi." "Yo! I'm a magnet for girls." "Like, whatever Stan. How come you have none?" "Hey, I'm working on that."

Finally, Panda and Cappy introduce themselves. "I'm Panda. Building things is my passion." "I'm Cappy and I love to wear all kinds of hats."

But there was someone that was forgotten. "The sleeping ham-ham is Snoozer," Boss said, "there's no telling when he will wake up." "Well, it looks like I met all but two of them," Beckford said, "where is that Hamtaro fool and the lovely Bijou?" "How can Hamtaro be a fool?" Oxnard yelled. "Yeah," Sandy said, "like, we're his friends." "Is that so?" Beckford asked. All the ham-hams nodded. Then the place became silent for a while. No one was sure what the other was going to say next, until Boss broke the silence.

"If it wasn't for Hamtaro, none of us would be here in the first place," Boss commented, "besides, he and Oxnard were the first two to discover my place. Sure he may have got the girl which should've been mine, but I can't stay mad forever." "Well, I guess I was a bit too rough on him," Beckford admitted, "heck, anyone want to fancy a little soccer?" All the ham-hams cheered. They knew that Beckford was going to be a good ham-ham afterall. However, no ham-ham knows that he's actually pretending to be their friend...

'Heh, I'll just pretend to be nice to them until that foolish Hamtaro arrives. It won't be long before he'll regret being with the lovely Bijou. Oh, I just love to be evil. Just not all the time.'