Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Hamtaro Generation II ❯ A visitor comes to call, Aaron of the forest ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Hamtaro Generation

A visitor comes to call

Aaron of the forest

It was a cool summer day as T.W was taking a walk through the forest. He was collecting the wild strawberries that grow there.

T.W: There are so many berries here. They look so sweet and juicy; they'll be perfect for jam I'm making.

So T.W picked the best looking berries he could find until his basket filled to the brim.

T.W: I think I have enough, well then I better mosey on home.

Just then he heard a whimpering cry.

T.W: Heke?

Then the whimpering got louder. T.W followed the sound until he reached a small clearing.

T.W: This is where the sound came from I'm sure, but who made it?

He turned to see a wolf injured and on it's side.

T.W: Oh that poor thing.

T.W ran up to the hurt creature and checked him out.

T.W: Well he's alive that's the main thing, but his left leg needs attention. I'll have to take him to my house to fix him up properly.

T.W went and got some logs and took some tools out of his backpack. After a few minutes he built a wagon big enough to carry. He then place it very carefully inside, soon he rolled it towards his house.

Ounce inside T.W laid out a rug he put the wolf out on it. He cleans the wounds on its leg and bandaged it up. He put a blanket over the weakened beast as he went to whip up some stew made with vegetables and medicinal herbs.

As it was boiling to perfection T.W heard the bell that meant someone entered the café. After adding the last of the vegetables to the stew he went out to the bar of the café to see Hamtaro looking through the menu.

T.W grabbed his order pad and pencil by the door and was ready to serve.

T.W: Oh hey there Hamtaro, what can I get you?

Hamtaro: I can't decide, what do you recommend?

T.W: Well I've been making some medicinal stew. It would give your body a massage.

Hamtaro: Sounds good. I'll have that and a side of rice.

T.W: Coming right up!

T.W wrote the order down and went back into the kitchen. He turned on his rice cooker and added water and rice; he then bowled up some stew for Hamtaro and a heaping bowlful for his patient.

He went back into his living room and set the bowl down at the feet of his guest.

The wolf began twitching until his eyes slowly began to open. He found himself to be a little scared.

Wolf: Where am I?

T.W: You're awake that's good

He turned to see T.W straightening up the living room and making sure he was alright.

T.W: You're in my home. I found injured in the forest so I brought you here and fixed you up the best I could. You should try the stew you'll get your strength back sooner.

T.W then went to the kitchen to plate up Hamtaro's order.

The wolf looked down to see the bowl of stew that was left for him. It smelled hearty and calming, he first blew on it to cool it down some then he bent his head down and slobbered it up.

Meanwhile T.W had set his friend's order on a tray and set it down in front of him.

T.W: There you are my friend. Is there anything else you'd like?

Hamtaro: Oh no I'm fine, so did you find any good berries up in the forest.

T.W: I certainly did, I also found a poor creature injured on the road.

Hamtaro: That's terrible, I hope it's ok.

T.W: Oh it is I brought him home. He's in the living room and recovering fine.

Hamtaro: That's good, can I see him?

T.W: Yeah but we best go in quietly so we don't overwhelm him.

The two friends walk through the kitchen and into the living room to find our wolf friend finishing the bowl of stew.

Wolf: Ahh! Delicious!

T.W: I'm glad you enjoyed it.

He turned to see T.W returned along with Hamtaro who was a little nervous.

T.W: So are you feeling better?

Wolf: Yes I am that stew was really helpful.

T.W: This is my friend Hamtaro.

T.W looked beside him but Hamtaro wasn't there.

Wolf: Is that the guy hiding behind you?

T.W looked back to Hamtaro feeling really nervous.

Hamtaro: Uh, hello.

Wolf: Is something wrong?

Hamtaro: It's just that I've never been this close to a wolf before and I'm afraid you're going to eat us.

The wolf just looked at Hamtaro and as he began to get it he start booming with laughter.

Hamtaro and T.W: Heke?

Wolf: You don't have to worry I'm not going to eat you. I only eat fruit, vegetables and fish. Besides you were nice enough to bring me to your home and fix me up.

T.W: No problem. My name is T.W what's yours?

Wolf: My name is Aaron.

T.W: Well do you think you can walk?

Aaron tried to get up but as soon as he stepped on his hurt leg he collapsed.

T.W: That leg is still swollen it's not a good idea to use it now. You'll just have to stay here awhile.

Aaron: But my little brother is waiting for me at home. He'll wonder where I am.

Hamtaro: We can bring him here, tell us where you live.

Aaron: In the forest not far from where you found me. It's a large cave with rocks around the entrance.

T.W: Alright you stay here and rest, Hamtaro let's get the ham-hams to help.

Hamtaro: Good idea. Don't you worry Aaron will bring your brother here.

So leaving a reluctant Aaron to sleep-

Hamtaro and T.W race to the clubhouse to enlist the aid of the ham-hams.

T.W: So while Aaron's leg heals we need to find Aaron's brother.

Oxnard: Help a wolf? That doesn't strike high on my list of things that won't endanger me.

Hamtaro: No one has to worry, he's a vegetarian like us and he needs our help.

Boss: You know I'm with Oxnard this may be a trap.

Pashmina: Maybe it is but what if we're wrong? What if there's a little defenseless child out there wondering where his big brother is?

Penelope lowers her head knowing what it's like.

Penelope: Okwee, Okwee.

Pashmina: Yes I know what you mean, it's scary.

Hakeru: I'm with Penelope I mean we were all little kids at one point in our lives. The only places we knew were home, family, friends and the playground.

But there were times I'm sure we found ourselves in a scary situation. I know I did, one time when I was Penelope's age I got separated from my old owner and namesake Hakeru in the park.

It was the first outing we went on together and at first I was having fun exploring the huge world around me, after all to a hamster a human-sized park is like an island of ingenuity. But soon I found myself scared and worried after being gone from my human for so long, it wasn't until nightfall when she found me.

I'll never forget the look on her face, she was so worried and her tears were like ice that slowly melted away. That night I promised that I'd never leave her side again.

T.W: I remember the times I went shopping with my grandma and we got separated. I was so nervous and scared but luckily I knew what to do and went and asked for help and soon everything was all right.

So don't you see? Despite that we're all different species a child is a child who is out there now in who knows what trouble. So I say we should be of help and find Aaron's brother. Who's with me?

Hamtaro: I am!

Hakeru: Count me in!

Everyone else was hesitant to make a decision when Oxnard stood up from the table.

Oxnard: You know thinking about it like that I realized that if it was me and it sometimes is I'd want someone to help. So I want to be the

Pashmina: Count us in to!

Penelope: Okwee!

Maxwell: I've just read an interesting book on wolves and it's a complete 180 to what we're thinking. Like us there very gentle and mellow. So in the name of research I'm coming to prove it.

Soon 6 friends agreed to help, Boss began to think about everything they'd said and after thinking closely he said-

Boss: Well if everyone else is sure then I might as well.

Now that everyone is on the same page they packed a few things as soon left for the forest while atop from the clubhouse Snoozer mumbled in his sleep.

Snoozer: Zu zu, ah the days of childhood. How quickly they pass us by.

Soon our friends began walking through the forest until they reached the clearing were T.W found Aaron.

T.W: Now this is were I found Aaron so I figure the home he described is near here.

Boss: I think we'll have to split up.

T.W: All right then, Hakeru and I will go left, Boss and Hamtaro go right, Pashmina and Penelope you go north and Oxnard and Maxwell go south. If you find him or there home blow your whistles.

T.W got some whistles out of his backpack and passed them out to everyone.

T.W: Everyone got it?

Everyone nodded

T.W: Then what are we waiting for? We've got a wolf cub to find!

So in groups of two our friends split up to find Aaron's little brother.

T.W and Hakeru look for clues, and asked the local inhabitants for information. A squirrel told them he saw someone walking the path to Willow cave so they hiffed the air following a scent similar to Aaron's along the pathway.

Meanwhile Boss and Hamtaro scoured the riverside when they stumbled upon a Ferret.

Hamtaro: Maybe that guy has seen Aaron's brother.

Boss: Well there's only one way to find out.

So the two walk up to him he turns to see our friends wondering what's up.

Hamtaro: Hello there can we ask you something?

Boss: We're looking for a wolf cub have you seen one come by here?

Ferret: Well not personally but I heard that there's a cub somewhere near Willow cave.

Hamtaro: That's were T.W and Hakeru were headed.

Boss: Then we better backtrack.

Hamtaro: Thanks for your help.

Ferret: No problem.

So the two turn around and follow the path to Willow cave.

Oxnard and Maxwell look around a nearby field searching for clues. With the help of an animal tracking guide and a magnifying glass headband, Maxwell checks every part of the ground looking for evidence.

After walking a bit further he finds some pawprints in the grass. After checking the book's pictures he detriments the tracks in question where indeed from a wolf.

Maxwell: These prints are smaller than those in the book so it must be those of a cub.

Oxnard: And they lead up this hill into a nearby cave.

Maxwell: Let's go and investigate.

So the two friends go over the hill and onto the path to Willow cave. Soon they meet up with everyone else and headed along the path together.

Maxwell: We found wolf tracks leading to this path.

Hamtaro: We got info saying he was heading here.

T.W: We got the same information.

Hakeru: I wonder if Pashmina and Penelope are already ahead of us.

Actually unbenoanst to the others Pashmina and Penelope were about a mile from them in on a nearby lake.

Pashmina: Now from what that robin told us, he should be somewhere around here.

Just then Penelope heard a noise over by the buttercup field. They look over to see a little dog-like creature looking out at the lake.

Pashmina: I think that's the cub were looking for.

Cub: Oh where is he? He should've been here a long time ago.

The two friends walk up to the dog like creature that turned to see our friends looking right at him.

Pashmina: Oh hello.

Cub: Hi. So is there something I can help you with?

Pashmina: Well I hope so; do you know where I could find Aaron's house?

Cub: Oh it's just over the lake in Willow cave. Why do you ask?

Pashmina: We're looking for his brother, do you know him?

Cub: Yep it's me, I'm Sota. What's your name?

Pashmina: I'm Pashmina, and this is Penelope.

Penelope: Okwee!

Sota: What'd she say?

Pashmina: She says hello. She doesn't know many words yet. So your Aaron's little brother?

Sota: Yep that's me, did my brother send you?

Pashmina: Well yes and no. You see our friend T.W found him injured in the forest while was gathering berries.

(Really panicked)

Sota: My brother's injured?! I knew something was wrong. He was supposed to meet me here to give me fishing lessons, is he alright? Where is he?!

Pashmina: Relax he's alright he's resting at T.W's house, he asked him and our other friend Hamtaro to find you, and they came to our clubhouse and asked us to help.

Sota: Well if you'd like me to show you the way to my home then follow me, your friends might be there. Just hop on.

So the two ham friends jumped onto Sota's back and walked across the bridge over the lake to the path that leads to Willow cave. Meanwhile everyone else had followed tracks and leads up to Willow cave but did not find the cub they were searching for.

Hamtaro: So did you find him?

Boss: Nope his scent's here but he isn't anymore.

T.W: Maybe we should look inside the cave.

Our friends looked at the entrance to the cave and began to notice something.

Hakeru: Look it has grey rocks around the entrance, just like Aaron said.

T.W: And look up-

Everyone looked up to see they were in the middle of two large weeping willow trees on each side of the cave entrance.

Maxwell: No wonder they call this Willow cave.

T.W: Say, where are Pashmina and Penelope?

Hakeru: I guess there not here yet.

Oxnard: What if they got lost and a horrible animal is after them!

Hamtaro: Let's not get carried away, I'm sure they'll be here soon.

Just then they heard a loud whistling sound.

Oxnard: It's Pashmina's whistle!

Hamtaro: And here comes Pashmina.

Right then Sota who was carrying Pashmina and Penelope came up from the hill leading down to the cave entrance where everyone was waiting. Sota lowered himself to the ground letting our duo slide down and join up with the others.

Pashmina: Hey everyone look who we found.

Penelope was hopping up and down shouting "Okwee" as the hams look to see a dog-like creature in front of them.

Hamtaro: Is that who I think it is?

Pashmina: Uh-huh, guys this is Sota Aaron's little brother. Sota these are my friends Hamtaro, Boss, Oxnard, Maxwell, Hakeru and over there is T.W

Sota: Hello everyone.

Sota walked over to T.W with a curious look in his eye.

Sota: Are you T.W?

T.W: Yes I am it's nice to meet you Sota.

Sota then laughed with a cheerful smile and looked more closely at T.W

Sota: You have a funny name, thank you for helping my brother.

He then started giving T.W slobbery kisses.

(Laughing)

T.W: Oh-hey-it was nothing, stop ok?!

Everyone began to laugh at the cute sight as soon afterwards went back to T.W's house.

By now Aaron was feeling well and frisky; he stretched out his legs sat by the window waiting for T.W to return. Soon he went outside to see T.W and the hams down the along with a familiar face carrying Penelope.

T.W: Hey Aaron we're back!

Sota: Brother!

Aaron: Sota!

The two ran up to each other and nuzzled there noses against the other.

Aaron: It's okay little brother, I'm here now. What do you say we go fishing? I'm feeling a lot better.

Sota: I'd like that.

Aaron: Thank you all for helping me and for bringing my brother to me.

Hakeru: No problem!

Pashmina: We like to be helpful!

Penelope: Okwee!

Oxnard: I'm glad I was wrong about you Aaron, your not mean or scary at all.

Maxwell: Yes this had been another peg of evidence that proves that those of your species are misunderstood.

Aaron: I'd say so.

Boss: You two are alright in my book!

Hamtaro: You're welcome with us anytime!

Aaron: Thanks that's very nice of you. We haven't had many friends as most of the forest dwellers fear us. I'm glad we met some individuals who feel differently.

Hamtaro: Well I have to admit when I first saw you I was so scared but now I see how nice and gentle you are.

T.W: We'll make sure to spread the good word that you're all right.

Aaron: Thanks I appreciate it, well if you'll excuse me I have some brotherly bonding to do.

Sota: Well I've been thinking and maybe we can go into the mountains just us tomorrow. Why don't we get to know our new friends better by inviting them to join us fishing.

Aaron: All right then. Do you guys wan to join us?

T.W: That'd be great, what do you say hams?

Oxnard: Well all this searching has made me quite hungry.

Hakeru: I've never been fishing before but I'd like to give it a try.

Maxwell: Well this would be a great opportunity to better understand the anatomy of the fish.

Boss: Well it's been awhile but I'm up for it, maybe you two could give me some tips?

Sota: We'll teach you all that we know, right Aaron?

Aaron: Right Sota.

Soon the hams and there new wolf brother friends go back to the lake where Pashmina found Sota, and they spent the whole afternoon fishing on the old docks. They caught quite a few fish and in between the cooking, the dissecting and cataloguing, there was also talking of great experiences past and present.

Like the time Hakeru got sick from too many Peanut butter toasts and everyone went to find the herbs to make a natural stomachache aliment. Sota shares a time when he and Aaron went for a walk in the forest and while walking on a log Aaron lost his balance and fell in the creek.

It was a good afternoon for all that soon turned to a gentle evening, while most of the hams went home to their owners and some back to the field homes, T.W Aaron and Sota stayed on the docks and continued to fish and caught quite a lot.

As the sun began to set on a fun day, Aaron who was sitting beside T.W on his left and Sota on his right gave T.W a slobbery lick of affection and T.W leaned closer to the two brothers and watched the nice sunset together.

Preview of next episode

Hakeru: Hamha everyone this is Hakeru here with an important message, after all the adventure we've shared and the cool things we did I know feel I'm closer to the hams more than ever, except for one. I mean Stan is so easy to figure out but so hard to understand.

OOOH! WHY DOES HE BOTH DRIVE ME CRAZY!!

(Sighs)

and makes me feel special. Next time on Hamtaro Generation-

Flashback between the past and the future Hakeru and Stan's breakup

You don't want to miss it! See ya soon!