Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Hamtaro Generation II ❯ Flashback between the past and the future Hakeru and Stan's breakup ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Hamtaro Generation
Flashback between the past and the future
Hakeru and Stan's breakup



It was an ordinary day that would turn to a day of painful memories, thought at first it was in fact an ordinary day at the clubhouse.

Boss and T.W where arm wresting to win a usual argument, Bijou was reading a recent letter from Henrietta and was writing a reply. Maxwell was reading quite an interesting book.

Hamtaro, Cappy and Oxnard were playing knights. Sandy was listening to some hip hop and snapping her fingers to the rhythm, and lastly Pashmina and Penelope looking through a picture book with Howdy and Dexter not far behind.

Now you're wondering where's Stan and Hakeru? Well Hakeru was writing in her new journal that Susan got her, as for Stan well he wasn't his usual self today. He was so low not even his maracas could cheer him up.

(Writing in her journal) Hakeru: Dear diary I have a difficult batch of news to tell you. Ever since I came to this neighborhood I always wanted someone to love. I love my new owner Susan and being part of a family again but now I want another kind of love and I think it might be T.W. After all if not for him I wouldn't be here or writing in this journal, I owe him a very great debt.

But the problem is someone else likes me though I'm not completely sure it's just I've never met a hamster so vile and perverted. Can't he just make up his mind?!

Hakeru put so much pressure on her pencil it shattered into pieces. She then flushed in her expression and got a new pencil and after swiping away the broken pieces she continues writing.

Hakeru: Sighs, maybe I'm being too harsh but what other emotion could I feel? Maybe I better start at the beginning.

We flashback to the day Hakeru's party and was now an official ham ham, there was lots of eating, dancing and talking. Among all of this there was a warm and fun feeling had by everyone.

Then it was time for the slow dance, everyone knew who they wanted to be with.

In order to prevent warfare Bijou moved back and forth between a slow dance with Boss and Hamtaro and neither were the wiser, Pashmina danced with Both Howdy and Dexter the same time and they were stepping on each other's feet in an attempt to get at Pashmina alone.

Sandy and Maxwell danced in quite a comforting fashion, Cappy and Penelope danced around each other but not with each other. Oxnard just stood out if Pepper were here he'd dance with her. Of course Snoozer stayed asleep but he moved his body to the music. T.W and Hakeru danced up close as well, and then Hakeru turned to see Stan all by himself in a corner. She asked to be excused and went over to him.

Hakeru: Hey there, um Stan is it?

Stan was sitting by the clubhouse door feeling quite low and it took awhile but then he answered-

Stan: Yeah, why'd you stop dancing? It's your big day.

Hakeru: Well why aren't you dancing? I got the impression you were a real party animal. Would you like to dance?

Stan was surprised Hakeru asked him to dance and at the same time was kind of glad. He then got up and said-

Stan: Sure, that'd be great.

So they went out on the dance floor for the final song of the evening. The theme "Yamato and Gabumon-Oretaichi no melody" played and they swept the dance floor.

Everyone was kind of surprised Stan was his usual flirting self but certainly did not complain as it was the perfect end to a perfect night.

The next day at the clubhouse would be a doozy as everyone was talking about last night's party.

Hamtaro: I think it was one of the best parties we ever through.

Pashmina: Yeah, but I think I had too many Juniferberry spritzers.

(On her back and let out a burp) Penelope: Ookwee.

Cappy: It was a great party. I kept my party hat as a memento.

Oxnard: And it was catered wonderfully by T.W as always.

T.W: Well I can't take all the credit, you all helped with the prepping.

Hakeru: I'm so thankful to all of you for being so great to me. Yesterday was one of the best days of my life.

Hamtaro: Then it was all worth it.

Everyone agreed and it was certainly a good morning.

Later in the afternoon while everyone outside was playing, Hakeru was exploring around the area. She stumbled around until she saw something on a rock near a whistling wind.

She went up to see it was Stan all alone standing on the rock letting the wind sing through his fur.

(uu) Stan: Hello.

Hakeru: Hi.

Stan: Nice day isn't it?

Hakeru: It's been very nice.

There was a moment of hesitation before Hakeru said-

Hakeru: So why are you out here so far from everyone?

Stan: I just. Like to be on my own sometimes.

Hakeru: Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know.

Stan: It's okay, besides I was hoping someone would come by.

He than jumped down from the rock and walked up to Hakeru-

Stan: So I was wondering if you'd like to go for a walk with me.

Hakeru: Sure, that'd be nice.

So with that the two spent a quiet day at the river, watching the clouds and talking of their owners. Soon it got late and the two had to get home.

Hakeru: Well I best be off for home, Susan will worry if I'm gone too long.

Stan: Yeah I better go too.

Hakeru: Well I had a fun time, we should do this again.

Stan was surprised to hear that as she ran off for home, he soon left quietly for home.

The next day at T.W's house Hakeru, Bijou, Sandy, Pashmina and Penelope were having there monthly tea in the den. Hakeru had explained how she and Stan spent the day together and it got them thinking.

Bijou: So that's where you went yesterday?

Pashmina: Sounds like someone has a crush.

(^^) Penelope: Ookwee!

Hakeru was blushing and twittering her feet.

Hakeru: You really think so?

Bijou: That's what seems to be.

Sandy: Maybe but knowing my brother it's hard to say.

Pashmina: Say I wonder what's keeping T.W with the tea.

Hakeru: It has been awhile but I guess we were so busy talking we didn't notice.

Just then T.W came in with a tray with a teapot filled with Sunflower tea and jumbo Strawberry tea cakes. He set them down on the table.

T.W: Here you are sorry it took so long, but great tea takes patience.

Hakeru: It's okay, and thanks for letting us meet here today.

T.W: No prob, it's nice to have hams test my tea-

Then he took a decorative cup from a shelf on the wall and put on his show kimono and threw the cup in the air. He caught it on the tip of a stick and balanced it.

T.W: As well as my tea ceremony act!

Everyone awed as he slowly moved and turned and kept the cup spinning in the air.

Bijou: Ce Magnfique!

Sandy: Wicked!

Pashmina: That looks fun. I'd like to try it.

Penelope: Ookwee!

He then quickly moved the stick away and caught the cup in his hand. The girls clapped and cheered and T.W took a bow.

T.W: Thank you, thank you.

Everyone was impressed especially Hakeru.

(Thinking) Hakeru: Kind of show-offy. But he's modest about it.

T.W: Well I'll leave you to your talk.

And with that he left to continue his work around the house.

Pashmina: Well he's certainly chipper. Really nice and kind.

Penelope: Ookwee.

(Sips) Sandy: Well it seems to me he's interested in someone in this room. But who?

Everyone was curious as to what Sandy said and started to wonder and Hakeru was seriously nervous. Neither Bijou, Pashmina, Penelope nor Sandy herself felt that way so they all looked toward Hakeru who nearly choked on her cake.

Hakeru: Why are you staring at me?

Sandy: Well how else do you explain that kiss?

Hakeru: It was just a peck on the cheek and besides he did help me out after all.

Pashmina: It just seemed that maybe T.W was interested the way he took intuitive in helping you.

Bijou: Pashmina's right T.W immediately did everything he could to help you, we helped too but it seemed T.W had another reason for helping you.

Hakeru: You really think so?

Sandy: If it is then we've got a problem.

Hakeru: What do you mean?

Sandy: Well if all this is true, between that day you had with Stan and the friction between you and T.W calls me to believe that he Stan and each have a crush on you.

Hakeru: What?!

Bijou: Do you think so?

Pashmina: I'm not so sure, T.W I understand but Stan?

Sandy: Weird I know but he might actually be serious about this for once.

Hakeru: Serious? What do you mean?

That's when they realized that Hakeru wasn't aware of-

Bijou: Oh it's nothing, just some stuff.

Sandy: Yeah just stuff, anyway do you think you feelings for one of them?

Hakeru: Well I've only known everyone for a short time, I'm not sure to tell you the truth.

We quickly fade back to the present to see Hakeru still writing in her diary of these events when T.W came up to her.

T.W: Hakeru?

Hakeru was surprised and almost popped out of chair, she then turned to him.

Hakeru: Oh hi T.

T.W: What are you writing? You've been in this spot since we got here.

Hakeru: I'm just writing in the diary Susan bought me.

T.W: Oh? Ok then, I just came to ask if you wanted to come to the café for lunch.

Hakeru: Sure, I'll meet you there later. Tell the others to go without me.

T.W: Alright, bye-q.

As everyone else left Hakeru continued to write-

(Thinking while writing) Hakeru: Well at the time I didn't know who I liked or why, but soon I found that things have a way of turning ugly.

We flashback again to a few hours later that same day to find she was in a meadow on a tree stump picking petals of a daisy.

Hakeru: He loves me, he loves me not, he loves me, he loves me not-

He loves me as she pulled out the last petal.

Hakeru: But which he?

She pondered that for awhile and the sun moved lower as the afternoon was starting to end. She then saw it was getting late and started to head for home when she saw Stan up ahead.

Hakeru: Hey over here!

She quickly ran over to him and as he stopped in front of her.

Hakeru: You taking another walk?

Stan: Yeah, to my special place. Want to come with?

Hakeru: Sure, if you don't mind.

So the two walk for awhile and soon leave the valley, he leads her to an old wood bridge and they cross it to a thick area of trees.

Hakeru: Are we there yet?

Stan: Just about.

Soon after a little ways they find themselves out of the thick foliage to find a beautiful patch of grassland with vegetables and berry bushes.

Hakeru: Wow! This place is like nature's smorgasbord!

Stan: Well these veggies won't eat themselves, let's dig in.

So they happily ate the many different foods that grew here, soon after which they were quite full and were lying on a large mossy rock.

Hakeru: Boy I'm stuffed.

Stan: Me too.

Hakeru: This has been the best, thanks for bringing me here.

Stan: No prob, just don't tell anyone. The last place I kept to myself was a acorn gold mine but I let it slip and now everyone knows.

Hakeru: I promise * stubbly sits up* well I better get going.

Stan: Ok then, I'm just going hang here a little longer.

Hakeru: Ok then, bye-q.

She leapt down from the rock and started to head for home when she turned back around.

Hakeru: Oh and Stan. tomorrow let's go to this acorn place with everyone. Come hungry because I'm packing a special lunch for the two of us.

Stan's eyes nearly bulged out of there sockets as she turned away and back the way she came. We fade back to the present to see Hakeru writing down near to the end of the page.

(Writing and thinking) Hakeru: I wasn't sure of my feelings at all and I thought everything would get even better but I soon found out things were getting worse.

That was the last line for that page on the right.

Hakeru: Oh yeah! T.W and the others are waiting at the café.

She closes her diary and quickly runs out the door closing it behind her, Snoozer was high above in his special area quite asleep but kind of awake.

Snoozer: What a tangled web we weave, when writing of pain and deceive *drifts back to sleep* zu. zu, zu.

Meanwhile everyone was at the café waiting for Hakeru but still she had not arrived. Everyone was sitting at the diner table getting restless and hungry.

T.W: It's been quite a long time. I wonder what's keeping Hakeru.

Boss: You told her where we'd be on our way out didn't you?

T.W: Of course, but she was so absorbed in that diary I wonder if she heard me.

Oxnard: Can we order now, I'm sure she'll show up soon.

Hamtaro: Let's wait a little bit longer.

Just then Hakeru came bursting through the door, it closed shut behind her.

Boss: Well it's about time, we were getting worried.

Hakeru: I'm sorry, I was so into my diary I lost track of time.

Hamtaro: I hate to ask but just what is a diary again?

Hakeru: It's a special book you write all the cool and not cool things in your life.

Cappy: That sounds like T.W's journal.

T.W: Exactly.

Hakeru: You keep a diary too? How coincidental is that?

(Thinking) Bijou: Maybe I should get one of those.

Dexter: As fascinating as this is, now that we're all here I think we're ready to order.

Howdy: Yeah, bring on the grub!

T.W: Of course *pulls out notepad and pencil from apron pocket* so who'll have what?

As the hams gave their orders Hakeru placed her diary on the table and started to write again.

(Writing and thinking) Hakeru: Now where was I? Oh yes, the next day at the clubhouse I had asked everyone the day before to go to this acorn place and gather a picnic and we got all we needed in our backpacks, a bottle of water, a compass and some ailments and bandages T.W took from his first aid kit.

We flashback to the next day and find our friends in that very area filled with acorns and other nuts.

T.W: Wow! This place is even prettier than you described!

Oxnard: Just wait until you taste one of the yummy acorns here, you'll be hooked!

Hamtaro: Okay guys, just stick to your buddies and be careful. Now let the nut gathering begin!

All: Oopah!

As everyone starts to gather up lunch and explore Hakeru narrates-

(Narrating) Hakeru: It started out to be a fun day and it I still think it was but some things didn't go right.

T.W was gathering quite a bit of acorns and other nuts he found near some cracked rocks starting feel his backpack getting full. He soon stumbles upon a strawberry plant.

T.W: These strawberries will be perfect for Hakeru.

So he starts to pick some and put them in his basket, soon he had a it filled with juicy and sweet strawberries. He looked on the bush to see there was a giant one bigger than all of the rest.

T/W: Just one more.

Just when he touched it, someone else grabbed the other side. He looked up to see it was Stan. T.W: Oh it's you.

Stan: I guess I didn't see you. You can have this one if you want.

T.W: No you can have it, I have more than enough.

So he took his hand off and Stan picked it. Stan: Thanks

He starts to brush of any dirt and shines it up.

T.W: Is that for someone special?

Stan: Yeah, I hope she likes it.

T.W: I'm sure she will.

T.W then turns away and heads for the oak tree up ahead.

Meanwhile Hamtaro and Oxnard had finished there nut gathering and were sitting in an old tree.

Hamtaro: This view is the best.

Oxnard: Yeah and so are these acorns.

Hamtaro: Don't eat them all Oxy, we have to share them with everyone.

Soon down below Boss picked only the best and biggest acorns, shining each one up and put them in different places. The ones for everyone are in his backpack and the ones in the basket for Bijou.

Boss: Bijou's going to love these.

Soon everyone found a generous bounty and laid out a large blanket T.W brought in a sweet smelling patch of grass, everyone took the nuts and berries they gathered and put them in the middle of the blanket.

Soon everyone enjoyed a great meal and talked about the summer ahead, after awhile it got late and everyone left for home. Hakeru was about to leave when Stan caught up with her.

Hakeru: Yes Stan, what is it? I have to hurry home.

Stan: I know me too. I just wanted to give you this.

He held out half of the large strawberry he picked.

Hakeru: Thanks, I guess you couldn't help but eat half.

Stan: I didn't eat I split it in half, I'm saving the other half.

Hakeru: Well thanks, see you later.

So she ran quickly towards home and Stan walked the other way feeling light headed and confused.

On her way home she met up with Bijou who was carrying the basket full of acorns Boss had specially shined for her.

Bijou: So T.W gave you that whole basket of strawberries?

Hakeru: Yeah except for the big half one on top.

Bijou: Who gave you that?

Hakeru: Stan, Sandy was right they both have a crush on little old me. I take it Boss got you those acorns.

Bijou: Yes, that was nice of him.

Hakeru: You know it's almost seems he has a crush on you.

(Blushing) Bijou: Well maybe.

Hakeru: I'm going to share this with Stan tomorrow. I think I might like him.

Soon they went there separate ways home and the flashback ends and we are back in the present in the café.

T.W: Hakeru, are you ready to order?

At first Hakeru didn't hear but then she was able to pull away from her diary and put her pencil down.

Hakeru: Oh yeah sure, I'll have a strawberry milkshake and some fried potatoes.

(Writing it down) T.W: Got it. Coming right up!

As T.W got right to work, she looked toward Stan who had a weird look on his face. She quickly turned her attention on her diary and went back to writing in it.

(Writing and thinking) Hakeru: It was a strawberry that started my unbelievable feeling, but soon I discovered that it wasn't meant to be. The next day at the clubhouse was my battle at little bighorn.

We flashback to the next day and Hakeru was in her cage shining and polishing her special favorite red barrettes.

Hakeru: These barrettes are my absolute favorite, I hope he likes them.

Soon after they were nice and shiny she fastened them to her pigtails and after checking to see if she's well groomed enough she leaves her cage and out the window.

At the clubhouse it was like any other day but it was about to turn ugly. T.W was looking through his photo album and was staring hard at the picture of himself and the hams that he took at the party 3 days ago. He was most focused at Hakeru in the picture who that was right beside him.

T.W: I never realized, how gorgeous she is.

Voice: Yes she certainly is.

T.W was so surprised he jumped out of the chair and popped back down, he turned to see it was Boss snickering lightly. (Angry mark on forehead) T.W: Don't scare me like that!

Boss: I'm sorry it's I couldn't help noticing how you were eyeing that picture.

T.W: What about it?

Boss: I don't know it's just that it seems that maybe someone caught your eye.

T.W: Well there is someone, but I can't say.

He looked over to the door to see someone hasn't arrived yet.

T.W: Have you seen Hakeru today?

Boss: No I haven't.

T.W: Maybe she couldn't get away today *sighs.*

It was at that moment that Hakeru came in her barrettes sparkling and her smile.

Hakeru: Good morning everyone.

Everyone greeted her as she mad her way in closing the door behind her. T.W had a nervous look on his face as she walks toward him but stops dead in her tracks, she saw a sight she wished she hadn't.

Stan who seemed to be particularly eyeing Hakeru for days was back to his old ways charming all the girls in the room. She was beyond shocked and could barely move, but as she saw that what she was seeing was real she could only let out tears and ran away crying.

T.W: Hakeru?

Stan didn't notice until he heard T.W speak her name and realized what had happened and quickly ran after her, Hakeru most upset and went to Boss's bedroom closing the door behind her. Stan went in afterward and saw her angry on the bed.

Stan: Hakeru I-

Hakeru: I don't want to talk to you anymore!

She then got off the bed and went through another door into the tunnels. Stan tried to get closer but she kept back away in spite.

Hakeru: I can't believe it, I thought you like me. I thought I was special to you, then I know the real you!

Stan: Hakeru-

Hakeru: So this is what the girls meant by you never being serious, I thought I could have feelings for you but obviously you have feelings for every girl here!

Stan: Hakeru I'm sorry, it's just-

Hakeru: Don't start with the lies, guys like you say it won't happen again but I know it will, you thought since I wasn't coming in until late you could mess with my emotions behind my back by fooling around. I know we weren't officially going out but I was hoping to ask you today and instead of telling me the truth you lead me on.

Stan: I know but-

Hakeru: Well let me tell you something, Hakeru has not nor will she ever be the other girl or somebody's disposable girl! If it weren't for the other ham hams that were so nice to me I wouldn't consider coming back again. So from now on you don't exist to me!

Stan: Hakeru-

She slowly walks over to him and looks him straight in the eye.

Hakeru: Goodbye Stan.

Stan: Hakeru I really am-

Then she slaps him right on the cheek, he held the redness on it as she walked weak but proudly away.

(Thinking) Stan: Well Stan you've really done it this time.

She heads back in the room with everyone worried.

Hamtaro: Hakeru what's wrong?

(Keeping her head and tears hidden) Hakeru: Nothing, I have to leave early today.

Oxnard: Do you want someone to walk you home?

Hakeru: No thanks, I'll be fine by myself.

T.W: Are you sure? What happened with you and-

T.W then realized what had just happened as Hakeru left out the door he went into the bedroom and over to the door to the tunnels to find Stan still flabbergasted at what just happened.

Stan: T.W?

T.W: So the strawberry was for Hakeru?

Stan: Yeah.

T.W: What happened to you two?

Stan was still finding it hard to believe what happened but explained the whole story.

T.W: So Hakeru likes you and you thought you did now she's mad for seeing you fawning over all the girls here.

Stan: You just don't understand-

T.W: You're right I don't understand. I don't understand why you couldn't be honest enough to tell her the truth. Guys like make it hard for guys like me to have honest relationships with people and while I don't know if all the stories I've heard about you are true or that I believe that it's a reason to condone violence for it but I know that's unfair. To Hakeru and to everyone!

Stan: I'm sorry, I didn't mean for it to get out of hand.

T.W: Well I know how it feels to be alone all too well so I'll just leave.

He turns away and walks towards the door and then turns around-

T.W: I just have one question. you go after every girl here. Do you have to have her too?!

He then turns and leaves closing the door behind him, he then runs out of the room and out the front door and into the tunnels leaving everyone stumped.

Bijou: I wonder what happened.

Hamtaro: I don't know but it's not anything good.

Soon Stan came out just completely frazzled and silent, he walked by everyone and said nothing. Before anyone could say a word he left out the door. No one knew what could've happened except for Sandy.

(Thinking) Sandy: Why?

The flashback ends and we return to the present where Hakeru finished her potatoes and was going through her large milkshake.

(Writing and thinking) Hakeru: Well after that I thought I could never go to the clubhouse again, and I didn't for awhile. But I came back 2 days later but I could never speak to Stan again. Everyone asked what happened but as much as I wanted to I couldn't tell them what happened, the only I could tell was Sandy but being his twin I knew it was hard to do.

Soon I confided in the other girls and I was okay again. But to this day none of the boys know what happened but we explained that everything was alright now and things presumed as normal

All in all while it still upsets me sometimes I couldn't be happier now, but I'll try. That's it for now, I'll write again

Hakeru

By this time everyone else left for home and Hakeru just finished her milkshake, T.W took her dishes and put them in the dishwasher and started it.

T.W: So you're done for the day?

Hakeru: Yeah, I got down all I wanted to say. For now anyway.

T.W: I know diary's are supposed to be secret but could tell a little about what you've been writing all day.

Hakeru: Well all I can tell you is that it's a dozy.

She soon said goodbye to T.W who was about to mop the floor and walked out. She soon headed for home and went to bed early. Earlier that night she heard a tapping on her window, she got of her cage to investigate to find it was Stan. She let him in quietly so as not to wake Susan and they talked on the play rug turning on the night light.

Hakeru: So what brings you here this late?

Stan: I just had something I wanted to say, I'm really sorry that I hurt you like I did.

Hakeru: I know you told me in Vouches village, and I've found to forgive you. As flakey as you are you are my friend.

Stan: Thank you. I don't deserve your forgiveness.

Hakeru saw he was about to cry and she went to her cage and took out something and ran back over to him. She takes her paw and wipes away his tears and hands him something. Stan didn't know what it was because of the dim light but soon saw-

Stan: Is this the strawberry half I gave you?

Hakeru: Yeah, I just couldn't bring myself to eat it and when Susan found it she put it in the food dehydrator and the rest is history.

Stan: Amazing you kept after all this time, I brought something to show you.

He reached into his backpack and pulled out his part of the strawberry.

Hakeru: I don't believe it, you kept it too?

Stan: Yeah, I only took bite out of it and it's still good. I want you to have it.

Hakeru: Really?

He nodded

Hakeru: I will and you can have mine. Let's eat them now, even dried they won't keep forever and let's make a pact, we'll always be friends and that we'll be careful of the others feelings from now on.

Stan: Ditto.

After that promise they start to eat their dried strawberry glad that while they made up in Paris they'd officially be friends forever.