Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Hamtaro Generation II ❯ Go Go Cookie festival ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Hamtaro Generation

Go Go Cookie festival

It was a warm and quiet morning at the Haruna residence as Laura had been baking large batches of cookies all morning. Hamtaro was sitting on the kitchen table curiously watching her work.

(Opens oven door)

Laura: Oh these are nearly done, better take them out.

With oven mitts on she takes out another tray and starts to take them out of the tray and onto a warm rack with others.

(Thinking)

Hamtaro: Laura's been baking all morning, why does she need so many cookies.

Laura: Well there's one more batch after this and I'll be all done. I can't wait to give these out at the festival.

(Thinking)

Hamtaro: Festival? Oh yeah! I went to a summer festival. Is there going to be another one?

Laura: Say Hamtaro, have you ever heard about the cookie festival? It's also known as the Rothenburg festival. It's like a big outdoor party for the whole town. You give cookies to those you most care about and give thanks for all they've done for you and stay well.

(Thinking)

Hamtaro: Oh so it's a cookie festival, that explains all the baking.

Laura: Well the last batch is in the oven, so now I'll start putting them in the tins I had made.

She then opens a drawer to find the tins she had personalized weeks ago inside and took them out, she then put each batch of cookies into a tin.

Laura: This is the first time the festival will be celebrated in out town so I'm really excited.

(Thinking)

Hamtaro: Now you've got me excited, I've got to find out more about this festival.

So while Laura went out to get some stuff to make cards to ho with her tins Hamtaro went to the clubhouse were everyone interestingly enough was talking about the festival.

Maxwell: Ah yes the Rothenburg festival, it's a special time of year when children and adults give cookies to there friends and family thanking them for all they've done. It all started when a woman got sick and her children baked her some cookies, amazingly she soon got well and never got sick again, at least how the story goes.

Hamtaro: Well now that explains everything.

Sandy: I'm still unsure about something, just what is Rothenburg?

Maxwell: Rothenburg is a town in Germany that looks like it came right out of a storybook. I have book on it somewhere.

He looked around until he found a small book under the couch. He opens it up and shows the hams the lovely pictures.

Hamtaro: So that's what Rothenburg looks like.

Hakeru: It's simply amazing!

Pashmina: Look at the woman in that picture, her scarf looks real old.

Penelope: Okwee!

Penelope had her eye on the kids playing in the park, Maxwell turns the page and we see a man on the street selling waffles on his cart.

Oxnard: Those waffles look so good.

Bijou: I didn't know you could get them like that. When Maria has waffles there usually made at home or at a resteruant and sometimes frozen.

T.W: Yeah there are waffle stands and pretzel carts in Germany just like there are Lemonade stands and Ice cream trucks here.

Maxwell turns the page and we see pictures of the shop windows and all the fun things to buy.

Bijou: Those ribbons in the window would look so good one me, they have little charms on them.

Hakeru: Those barrettes in the window with the gold trim just look right for me.

Maxwell turns the page again and we see a large picture of the churches and houses.

Panda: The craftsmanship is top notch, it's amazing how new things can look old.

T.W: It certainly makes a statement, I'd love furniture from there.

Hakeru: Susan went to Germany but didn't go there. I'd remember buildings like that.

Maxwell: Well most of those buildings have been around a long time, long before any of us were born. It often needs more repairs the newer houses but the end result sure is worth it.

Hamtaro: Well that's all I need to know, I say we have our own cookie festival.

T.W: You're welcome to my kitchen and we can each make cookies to let everyone know how we feel.

Hakeru: And after we make the cookies we can have a big outdoor party, just like the humans.

Pashmina: Yeah let's do it, it sounds fun.

Everyone agreed and quickly headed to T.W's house to start baking, meanwhile Susan was hoping to go to the festival.

Susan: But mom why can't I go to the festival?

Osono: I'm sorry honey but I have some housework to do at home and you're too young to go by yourself. But I promise we'll go next year.

Susan: All right.

Just then she heard a noise from her room, she got up from the couch and toward the stairs.

Susan: I'm headed to my room for a bit.

As she went up the stairs her mom knew she was saddened and wondered what she could do. Meanwhile upstairs

Meanwhile Laura was downtown in traditional olden time clothing and met up with Kana, June and Kylie.

Laura: Hey you guys, you look great.

Kana: Thanks, so do you.

June: I don't know I feel a little silly, but if there are others dressed like this it's not so bad.

Kylie: I think there interesting, well I have my cookies right here.

Laura: So do I-

Kana: Me too.

June: I wouldn't forget to bring mine.

Everyone exchanged there big pouches of cookies for their friends.

Laura: Thanks for being the best friends ever.

Kana: We'll stay best friends forever too.

June and Kylie: That's right.

Just then they notice a large waffle stand.

Laura: Let's get some waffles, I'm starting to get hungry.

Meanwhile everyone was in T.W's kitchen baking cookies and everyone was having fun.

T.W: This could turn out to be my best batch of cookies yet.

When he looked over he saw everyone was working hard on there cookies, he noticed Boss was adding some Strawberry extract in his cookie dough, he was adding some banana and melted chocolate and it spilled in the bowl and all over the counter.

Boss: Oh cats.

T.W went over and took a rag to the mess and cleaned it up.

T.W: That should do, try to be a little more careful.

Boss: Yeah, thanks.

T.W: Do you want some help?

Boss: Nope I've got it covered, I want these to be all made by me.

He took a spoon and started to drop a dollop at a time as he filled the sheet.

Boss: Everyone's going to love these, especially Bijou.

T.W: You still have feelings for her don't you?

Boss: Yeah but don't get me wrong, I understand how things are now. Besides she's still special to me.

T.W: I get just what you mean, but it gets easier all the time.

Boss: Yeah you're right.

Meanwhile Susan lie in her bed feeling bad about not attending the festival, she then saw Hakeru enter her room from the open window and plop on the bed beside her.

Susan: Hey Hakeru.

Hakeru: What's the matter?

Susan: Mom can't take me to the Rothenburg festival, she's to busy with work.

Hakeru: I'm sorry Susan, but I have some good news. The hams and I are going to throw our own Rothenburg festival. We'd love it if you came, it's not the same I know but I hope it'll be enough.

Susan: You're inviting me?

Hakeru: Of course, you're the best human friend I've got, and we can invite Chris too so you won't feel to left out if you know what I mean.

Susan: Thank you Hakeru, I'll be happy to go.

Hakeru: Great, just wait here awhile as we get everything ready.

As she left out the window again Susan decides it's time to cheer up and goes downstairs to make her own cookies for everyone, over at T.W's house everyone was busy making cookies for each other, soon everyone had finished and after Hakeru explained about the clothes thing she had made costumes for everyone.

Soon it was mid-afternoon and Hakeru led Susan to a wide open field where everything was all decorated and everyone was in costume.

Susan: Wow! This is amazing.

Hakeru: This is only the beginning, look over there.

Susan looks to see hanging on a clothesline was a olden outfit that was her size.

Susan: Is that for me?

Hamtaro: Yep, we found it in a bin at a tailor shop and Hakeru cleaned it and fixed it up.

Susan: You did that for me?

Hakeru: Sure, I figure since you couldn't go to the real festival you could still have fun at ours.

Susan: Thanks everyone.

Hamtaro: That's not all Susan, we also invited-

Then Chris came from behind a tree in a traditional outfit.

Chris: Surprise1

Susan: Oh Chris you came too?

Chris: Yeah, my mom couldn't take me to the festival either so everyone invited me to come to theirs.

Susan: This is great, I have something for everyone.

She pulled out a large basket filled with big pouches of cookies.

Susan: I made these for all of you, thank you for everything.

Everyone was so overwhelmed they didn't know what to say.

Chris: Hey I brought cookies for everyone too.

Now everyone was practilly speechless when they saw the bag of cookies wrapped in individual pouches.

Chris: I hope you enjoy them, thanks for everything.

Soon after exchanging thanks they each take a pouch from Susan and Chris they soon start to exchange their own cookies.

T.W: Here you are.

He hands Hakeru and Hamtaro a pouch of his cookies.

(Bows)

T.W: Thank you two for everything.

Hakeru: You're welcome. I have some for you.

Hamtaro: Me too.

They each hand him a pouch of cookies.

T.W: Thanks, I'm sure they'll be delicious.

Meanwhile in a patch of Blueberries Boss gave his pouch of cookies to Bijou and was tied with a pink ribbon and a daisy on top.

Boss: Thanks for everything Bijou. I hope we'll always be friends.

Bijou: Me too. Here have mine.

She hands him a pouch of her cookies and he takes a bite.

Bijou: I hope they aren't too hard.

Boss: Not at all, they're great.

Bijou: I used peanuts, vanilla and Walnuts.

Boss: My favorite, you remembered. How are mine?

Bijou: They're great, thanks again.

Meanwhile back at the other Rothenburg festival she and the others split up for awhile and she was handing a tin of her cookies to Mr. Yoshi.

Mr. Yoshi: For me? it even has my picture on it.

Laura: Thank you for everything.

Mr. Yoshi: Thank you for being a good student.

Soon after getting a bottle of soda she notices someone leaning on a corner, it was Roberto and his dog Samba and he held 2 pouches of cookies and was feeding a large cookie to Samba.

Roberto: What should I do? I'm to afraid to hand out my cookies in person. What do you think Samba?

Samba was too busy gnawing away at the cookie to hear him, just then Laura came from around the corner.

Laura: Roberto?

Roberto: Oh Laura it's you.

He got up leaving his dog to his cookie.

Roberto: So did you deliver all you're cookies yet?

Laura: Not yet, but now I'm marking someone else out.

She then hands a tin of cookies to him.

Roberto: These are really for me?

Laura: Yeah, we're sorta friends.

Roberto: Thanks Laura, I have some cookies for you too.

Laura was surprised as he hands her a pouch of cookies.

Roberto: Well I've got to go see you later.

He quickly grabs Samba who is still munching away and ran off leaving Laura in the dark.

Laura: Maybe he's not so bad after all.

Back at the hams cookie festival-

T.W: Okay everyone, it's time to dance!

Some rockin tunes played from the radio and everyone was in the spirit of dance, they danced for quite some time and soon it was late afternoon.

Susan: This was great fun, thanks for inviting me. But I have to get home.

Chris: Me too, I'll walk you home.

Susan: Thanks that'd be great.

As they walked off the hams were glad today was great for everyone.

Meanwhile back at the other festival Laura was a bit exsaughted, she spent the rest of the festival dancing and having great fun and given just about everyone on her list a tin of cookies, there was only one tin left in her bag.

Laura: Only one tin left, I sure hope Travis is still around.

As she walked around she soon found him sitting on the step of a porch eating a donut.

Travis: Oh hey there Laura.

Laura: Hi Travis.

Travis: So are you enjoying the festival?

Laura: Yeah I am, did you get all your cookies delivered?

Travis: Yeah I did, all except for one.

He then took out a pouch of cookies and handed them to Laura.

Laura: For me?

Travis: Yep, now I have delivered all my cookies.

Laura: Thanks, oh I have some for you too.

She gave him her tin of cookies.

Travis: This is great, it even has my picture on it. Thanks. Well I'll see you around.

As he left Laura blushed a little, meanwhile back at the field the hams cleared away everything away and took down the streamers. T.W and Boss were sitting in a tree seeing the sunset nice and deep into the sky.

T.W: This was a great idea, to have our own festival. Especailly since it made Susan and Chris so happy.

Boss: Yeah, who would've thought cookies could mean so much? Speaking of which-

He lifts his hat of his head and takes a pouch of cookies out and gives it to T.W-

T.W: This is for me?

Boss: Yep, thanks for everything.

T.W: Thank you Boss, that really means a lot. I have something for you too-

He reaches into his backpack and pulls out a large cookies with a picture of Boss printed in it.

T.W: It's my newest creation, Walnut and pecan. I hope you like it.

Boss: I love it, it even has a picture of me on it. Makes it all the more better.

T.W: Thank you for everything Boss, for being there for me.

The two look out at the sunset to know they would always be there for each other. Later that evening Osono was able to take Susan and Chris out to see last part of the festival, the fireworks. Laura had given her a pouch of cookies she had left over and Susan gave her a pouch of hers saying she and her friends made their own festival and was glad to see the fireworks.

Meanwhile in another part of the festival site the hams were seeing the beautiful fireworks as well.

Hamtaro: This was a great day, for everyone.

Preview of next episode

Hamtaro: The festival was so much fun, I hardly was able to sleep.

T.W: Me too, but I'm glad I did, I've got some packing to do.

Hakeru: Packing? Why?

T.W: Well I'm finally fulfilling my dream of going to cooking school. I'll be gone… awhile. But I'll be back soon.

Hakeru: Yeah of course.

Hamtaro: Next time-

Fulfill your dream! T.W's teary goodbye

Boss: Son, I-

Well that's it for now, also "Leave it to Boss" will be in the next chapter only T.W will be off at cooking school so in your in depth reviews please give an idea of what Boss should do in the next featurette.

The idea for this episode was from an episode of-

"A little snow fairy Sugar"

Entitled

Festival Waffo!