Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Hamtaro Generation II ❯ Fulfill your dream! T.W's teary goodbye ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Hamtaro Generation

Fulfill your dream! T.W's teary goodbye

It was a fine summer day and in Laura's room, she was brushing her hair and Hamtaro was on the desk gnawing at a seed.

Laura: I'm really excited. Kana's taking me out for breakfast this morning. I hope it's all you can eat because I'm starving.

(Thinking)

Hamtaro: Well I'm satisfied. These seeds were opened fresh today.

Laura sets her brush down and places Hamtaro back in his cage.

Laura: Well I better get going. Kana said she had something important to tell me.

She quickly heads out closing the door behind her.

Hamtaro: I wonder what Kana's big news is? I'll ask Oxy, I'm sure he'd know.

Soon he was sliding down the drainpipe and lands on Brandy's head.

Hamtaro: Good morning Brandy see ya later!

As he runs off Brandy lets out a yawn, meanwhile T.W was planting a patch of flowers in his front yard. He looked from his work to notice the red flag on his mailbox was up. He went over to it and found a sparkly envelope inside. He opens it and reads it to find it was exciting news.

He quickly headed to the clubhouse were everyone was excited to hear his great news.

T.W: So after I got up from being passed out I was really excited when I found out that I was accepted into the "St. Stravland culinary academy" in Rothenberg, Germany.

Hakeru: That's great. I'm so proud!

Oxnard: Hey, isn't that where that cookie festival originated?

T.W: That's the one, it seems that Jo and Liz recommended me after a restaurant critic tasted one of my recipes and I've been given a full scholarship.

Hamtaro: That's great, so how long will you be gone?

T.W: I'm not sure yet, I'll check the brochure-

After skimming around, he found the answer shocking-

T.W: It says I'd be gone for 2 months.

Hakeru: That's quite some time.

Cappy: Summer would be near over when you got back.

T.W: That's if I decide to go.

He got up from the table and left for home, everyone wondered what he'd decide. Boss sat in his chair with a worried look on his face greatly wondering what he'd decide.

Oxnard: That's great now does everyone want to hear my news?

Hamtaro: Oh yeah I nearly forgot! Laura said she was going to have breakfast with Kana and had some exciting news.

Oxnard: And I know what the news is, want to know?

Everyone nodded and he started to explain, meanwhile at a diner in the city Kana was explaining the big news-

Laura: What?! You're going away on Friday?

Kana: Yeah, my family's going to see my cousins out of town and I'll be gone for two weeks.

Laura: Really, two whole weeks?

Kana: Yeah but I'll be back by the Friday after next. I'll be sure to call every other day.

Laura had mixed feelings as she ate her Toast and jam, she was glad that Kana was going on a trip but she knew she'd miss her a lot.

(Thinking)

Laura: I should be supportive but 2 weeks is such a long time. Meanwhile T.W had been home for awhile and in the attic; he decided to accept their scholarship and wrote them so in a letter.

T.W: What the heck I'll go for it!

Soon after everyone knew that T.W made his choice and while everyone was happy they still didn't want him to leave, a few days passed and T.W had finished packing the day before he went to visit Aaron and Sota at willow cave to say goodbye.

Aaron: So you're leaving next week, it's certainly happening fast.

Sota: Yeah I'll say. You're coming back right?

T.W: Of course, it's hard for me to go but this will bring me closer to my dream. I feel this is a new step to reaching my dream of becoming a pro chef.

Sota: I know just what you mean. I have a great dream too.

T.W: What's your dream Sota?

Sota: I want to be an explorer and go on great adventures all by myself. Only I decide where I go.

Aaron: Well that's a little far off.

Sota: Don't remind me, well I hope you get closer to your dream and have a great time.

T.W: Thanks, well I'd like to stay longer but I have more friends to see.

So he said goodbye and left to Chris's house where Chris gave him a recipe for his family's Basil pasta.

T.W: Thanks but I couldn't.

Chris: It's okay, besides we're fellow chefs and as a rule, we only exchange recipes to others chefs/best friends and we're both right?

T.W: That's very true, thank you.

Meanwhile in a windy meadow Boss lied on the soft shiny grass just thinking that tomorrow T.W would be gone.

Boss: You just never think of how great you've got it until something changes.

Just then, Hamtaro came walking by and saw Boss and decided to join him.

Hamtaro: So what are thinking about?

Boss: Not much really, just been lazing about.

Hamtaro: I know that your sad T.W's leaving, I am too. But we can't make him stay. Besides, he'll be back.

Boss: I know. I just want to lay here awhile.

As we look overhead a stem-less sunflower danced by in the windy breeze.

Meanwhile quite a bit away T.W was heading for home when he saw Hakeru up ahead-

T.W: Hey Hakeru!

He quickly races up to her who's glad to see him.

Hakeru: Hey, so how'd your visit with Aaron and Sota go?

T.W: Just great, I saw Chris too and he gave his family's Basil pasta recipe.

Hakeru: Cool, maybe you can use that recipe at cooking school.

T.W: I'd like to but the recipe has to be made up by you and besides I have to pass and entrance exam when I get there.

Hakeru: Well I know you can do it.

T.W: Thanks Hakeru, it's cool to know I can count on you.

Just then, Hakeru goes up to him and gives him a big hug.

T.W: Oh, what's this for?

Hakeru: Well we'll be apart for so long and I wanted to feel your warm fur one last time.

She then kisses him on the ear making him wiggle and blush.

T.W: Well after a send off like that, I'll have to come back, no question about it.

Soon they said there goodbyes and they each set off for home, over by the river Bijou, Pashmina, Penelope and Sandy were discussing plans for T.W's going away party.

Sandy: Ok girls we need a superb theme for T.W's party, any ideas?

Bijou: I remember him saying once he liked things from Rothenberg when we looked in Maxwell's book that one time.

Pashmina: But wouldn't it take awhile to get something from there?

(Droops her head)

Penelope: Ookwee.

Bijou: This is a problem, how can we find out what he'd like without letting him in on the surprise?

They think of this conundrum awhile, just then they see Hakeru up ahead who was on her way home.

(At the same time)

Bijou, Pashmina and Sandy: Hey Hakeru, over here!

Penelope: Ookwee! Ookwee! Ookwee! Ookwee!

Hakeru heard them quickly ran over-

Hakeru: Hey girlfriends, what's up?

Pashmina: We're trying to decide the theme for our farewell party.

Sandy: Yeah and since you're his girl­­-ham we figured you might know what his tastes are.

Hakeru: Well I'd say his taste is French-country café, Japanese, with a dash of American English and German.

Bijou: You know when I think about it his house is beautifully set up like a European-Japanese retro look so let's make that the theme. Thanks for your help Hakeru.

Hakeru: No prob, let's get to the clubhouse and start planning.

Soon the clubhouse was busier than ever as the hams started work on the decorations and had been gathering fruit and sunflower seeds for the big day.

Hamtaro: That's the last of sunflower seeds everyone.

He pours his basket of seeds he gathered into the large serving dish at the party table.

Bijou: I found some great flowers to decorate, but I'll wait until the day of the party.

Hakeru came bursting in with her arms full of bags of groceries and set them down on the table.

Hamtaro: So how'd the shopping trip go?

Hakeru: Just great, Susan and I got punch, fruit soda and some toasted pecans and pumpkin seeds.

Oxnard: Oh, boy I can't wait to dig in!

Hakeru: You be patient now, this for the party Saturday.

Oxnard: Yep it's only one day away, this is all so exciting!

Hamtaro: Has anyone seen Boss lately?

Pashmina: He said he had to go somewhere, something about a walk.

Bijou: I'm kind of worried. He hasn't been himself since T.W said he was going away to school. I hope he's okay.

Hamtaro: Yeah he seemed down when I talked with him last, I think this whole thing has really got him down.

Speaking of Boss, he had been walking in the forest for quite some time feeling very low.

Boss: I just can't understand it, just when I was getting used to the kid he decides to go up and leave. We've only known each other a short time yet I feel something odd about him. He's very outspoken and headstrong, at least most times, and at others, times he seems gentle and confused. I feel something strong about him kind of like the bond I had with that little cat a while back.

Only this feels stronger for some strange reason, I can't help but feel responsible for him. Don't ask me why, don't ask me why.

Just then, he heard a familiar guitar strum-

Boss: Heke?

From up above a tree branch it was Jingle.

Jingle: So you feel a strange connection to a ham-ham, how perplexing. Perplexing so much that you'd want show you're true feelings that I know. True feelings are appealing but often are misleading like a diner car popping wheelies.

Boss: Hey, how long have you've been listening?!

Jingle: Not too long, just long enough to be inspired. Now I have a new inspiration of a ham-ham's great elation of a field ham's celebration.

(Sweat dropped)

Boss: Yeah sure, so what do you think Jingle? Should I tell T.W I don't want him to go?

Jingle: Do what you feel, do what you like, say it from your heart and all will be fine.

Boss: You're right, I think. Hey, wait a minute that didn't rhyme?

Jingle: Not every poem has to rhyme, for if they did it would be poetic crime.

Boss: That's what I'll do; I'll say just what I feel. See ya later Jingle!

He quickly runs out of the forest and off to T.W's house. Meanwhile Laura was in her room working hard on a sketch.

(Thinking)

Hamtaro: What's Laura doing, she's been drawing on that paper for hours.

Laura: Just hold still Hamtaro, I'm almost done.

Soon after coloring it in and placing it in a frame she was finally done.

Laura: Done! What do you think Hamtaro?

She shows it to him and looked excited-

(Thinking)

Hamtaro: Wow! What a great portrait, especially since you captured me and Oxnard well.

Laura: This will make a great going away present. I can't wait to see Kana's face when she sees it.

(Thinking)

Hamtaro: She'll love it, especially since you worked so hard on it.

Later in the evening Laura and Kana where outside her house and she handed her the drawing in the frame-

Kana: This is great, thank you so much!

Laura: I hope it's okay, I worked on it all afternoon.

Kana: That was so nice of you, it looks just like us.

Laura: Are you done packing?

Kana: Yep I'm all ready for tomorrow.

Laura: I hope you have a great trip.

Kana: Thanks, I'll miss you but I'll be back soon.

Laura: I'll miss you too.

They try to stay calm and do this without too much struggle but soon they couldn't help it and they quickly go to each other and hug.

(Crying)

Laura: I'm sorry Kana I just can't help it!

(Crying)

Kana: Me neither!

Soon they pull apart from each other and while Kana heads home with her new portrait Laura heads back inside and races up the stairs and wiped away her tears as she entered her room. Over at T.W's house he had finished packing and was in his den in his special chair reading a cookbook.

T.W: Boy I'm really excited, I can't wait to see if I get in.

Just then, he heard his phone ring and quickly picked up the receiver on his coffee table.

T.W: Hello? Oh Hi grandma!

(On the phone)

Grandma Rae: Well Hamha T! It's been such a long time.

T.W: Yeah I'm sorry I haven't called in so long, I've been so busy I forgot I brought I phone with me.

Grandma: Well I trust you're keeping the house and yard clean?

T.W: Yeah of course, now that I have my own place it's much easier to clean up. Plus I can decorate any way I like, you have to come out and see it.

Grandma: Well I'm swamped with work but I'm so proud that you're going off to school. I know you'll do your best.

T.W: Thanks, well I better go bye-q.

Grandma: Bye-q.

he hangs up the phone and looks around and then notices his picture of him and his grandma.

T.W: You were there threw it all and I so grateful and I'm going to make it up to you someday.

Just then, he heard the doorbell-

T.W: Oh, I wonder who that is.

Quickly went to answer it and found it was Boss.

T.W: Well hey there Boss, what brings you here?

He quickly invited him in and they sit down to tea in his den where Boss looked at the many pictures on the walls.

Boss: You sure have a lot of pictures up. Who's in that one over there?

He points to a picture on a table by the kitchen door that's of a punky kid.

T.W: That's my Cousin Andy, he used to be a sweet kid and I'm saying he's not now it's just buried very deep.

Then he points to a picture on the wall-

Boss: And who's in that picture?

T.W: That's my grandma, if not for her I wouldn't be who you know today. I just talked to her on the phone recently.

Then he picked up a picture frame on the coffee table.

T.W: This is my mother.

Boss: You weren't kidding, she really looks sick.

T.W: Yeah well she wasn't always like that; when she was a kid, she was as free as the wind. But then-

There was a silence as he grasped the picture tightly.

T.W: She became like this when she was the age I am now. It all happened before I was born so I couldn't know who she really is, as I grew up it, it-

Boss watch unnervingly as he shook with cold and scared feelings-

T.W: It hurts just to look at her, every time I look at her it's like I'm not seeing a mother at all. You know as much as I love my grandma sometimes I feel like a need a mother's hug that tells me everything will be ok. I just never had that with grandma no matter how hard I tried.

A tear trickled down his face and fell splat on the picture covering his mother's face.

T.W: But it wasn't all her fault, when she pushed me away, I pushed away from her harder. Nothing I say matters because she only sees me as a child. I think we both wished we could start over. She's completely given up on us; she thinks she's too old to make a difference. But it's not true at all.

Boss didn't know what to do as tears streamed from T.W's eyes.

T.W: I'm sorry I'm doing this to you again, but I just feel I can say things to you I can't to the others. I can explain it; you just give me an odd feeling.

Boss: I get that same feeling which is why I don't want you to go.

T.W: Now see here, that's a different matter entirely, I won't give up my dream for you or anyone.

Boss: But it won't be the same without you. I was just getting used to you. We may argue a lot but we still have a lot of fun and I just had to say how I feel.

T.W: Well, well-

He wiped the tears from his face is feels great.

T.W: Thanks, it's nice to know that you care. But I have to go and help fulfill my dream.

Boss: I understand, so I have something I must say.

They both stood from the couch and shook-

T.W: I'll be sure to write and let you know how I'm doing.

Boss: Great, I can't wait. Also-

Just then, he gave T.W kiss on the cheek, he was so shocked he couldn't move.

Boss: Goodbye, and you take care of yourself you hear?

He touched the spot where he was kissed and said-

(Blushing)

T.W: Thanks, I sure will, and I have something to say too.

Then he gives Boss a kiss on the cheek-

T.W: I love you Papa Boss.

Then they hug tightly feeling warm all over.

Early the next morning at the airport Laura saw out the window Kana's plane take off and she waved still feeling a little sad but knew she'd return soon.

Laura: See ya soon Kana!

Meanwhile at the clubhouse, T.W was so surprised to see all his friends and everything all decorated.

T.W: Wow! Is this all for me!

Hakeru: Yep we planned this for days; we wanted you to have a great send off. The food might not be as good when you cater it but I think we did a good job.

T.W: you kidding you did a great job, thanks everybody.

Boss: Well let's not waste any time, let's start this party!

The stereo was booming and everyone had a great time, eating and drinking or playing a game of cards, soon T.W was surprised that his friends gave him some great presents.

Hakeru: I got you a schoolbag that came from Susan's doll collection.

T.W: This is great; I needed something that isn't as heavy as my backpack though I love it.

Oxnard: I got you some dried fruit for the plane ride.

Maxwell: I want you to have my book on Germany, it not only tells of Rothenberg but other places in Germany.

T.W: Thank you Maxwell, I can't wait to look through it.

Pashmina: Hakeru and I made this sweater for you, we made it red. Your favorite color.

Penelope jumps up and down really excited.

Pashmina: Ok, ok we'll give him your present now.

Penelope let out and "Ookwee" and went up to T.W and gave him a book.

T.W: Is this for me?

Penelope nods...

Pashmina: It's one of Penelope's favorite stories "The hamster on parade". She wants to loan it to you.

T.W: Thanks Penelope, I'll take great care of it.

(^^)

Penelope: Ookwee!

Bijou: I got you some Cinnamon and vanilla, it's in the schoolbag.

T.W: Thanks Bijou, I was running out.

Soon everyone had given him a gift, all except-

T.W: This is great, I love them all thank you!

Boss: That's not all, there's one more gift from me.

He pulled out a basket and opened it to find a basket full of cookies.

T.W: Wow! So many cookies!

Boss: I made them all myself, to share with all the new friends you make. Have one.

T.W took one out and bit into it. He was greatly satisfied.

T.W: Krump, krump. These are great!

Boss: Only the best for my friends, but that's only one part of my gift.

Just then, T.W saw a familiar face.

T.W: Grandma!

Grandma: Hey there!

He quickly goes over and gives her a big hug.

T.W: What are you doing here?

Grandma: Well I got all my work done and thought I'd see you. Even more so, when I got a letter from your friends saying how much it'd mean that I come. Thank you all for inviting me.

Hamtaro: No problem, T.W's family is always welcome here.

Everyone was glad and had a great time at the party, soon a couple of days later the hams went to Usatokou Airport where Asura agreed to take T.W Germany.

Asura: Okay T.W, are you ready to go?

T.W: Just a minute Asura.

He turned to his friends to see they were sad but we're determined not to cry. Without realizing it he went over and about to cry-

T.W: Ok everyone group hug!

They came together in a group hug tearing up a little. Soon after Asura started up the plane-

(From inside the plane)

Asura: Come on T! We have to hurry!

T.W then left his friend's close knit hug and just as he boards the plane turns his head and say "Please don't be sad, I'll be back."

Soon the H-7 Rouroni took of into the sunrise and everyone waved.

Inside the plane T.W thought-

(Thinking)

T.W: Goodbye my friends.

We fade out, we fade back in and it's nighttime at the Haruna household and Laura was in her room writing in her journal-

(Writing and thinking)

Laura: Well Kana's been gone 3 days now, I still miss her a lot but I got a call from her at dinner. She says her cousins love the portrait I made.

Hamtaro was enjoying a sunflower seed-

(Thinking)

Hamtaro: T.W's been gone a whole entire day, the hams and I sure miss him. Boss and Hakeru seemed the most upset.

(Writing and thinking)

Laura: I'm glad Kana's coming home in just a few more days so we can spend our summer together.

(Thinking)

Hamtaro: 2 months seems like a long time but I'm sure it will go by quickly.

Laura: Well it's been rocky today, but tomorrow I'm sure we'll show us a great time, wouldn't you say Hamtaro?

Hamtaro: Heke!

We zoom out of the house-

Laura: Good night Hamtaro-

(Thinking)

Hamtaro: Good night Laura, good night T.W! Don't forget to write.

Preview of next episode

Hakeru: T.W's is gone for awhile, but we're still going to have fun.

Hamtaro: That's right, and remember he'll be back.

Pashmina: Well I have to go out for the day, who will watch Penelope?

Penelope: Ookwee?

Sota: I'll watch her.

Aaron: I don't know I'll be out too.

Sota: Aaron you worry too much, I'm a big kid now!

Hakeru: Next time-

Watch over Penelope my ambitious Sota

Sota: We're going to have a great time Penelope, you'll see!