Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Hamtaro Generation II ❯ Penelope's Grand Adventure The Journey to find Sota ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Hamtaro Generation
Penelope's Grand Adventure
The journey to find Sota

It was a quiet summer day along the river and the hams and the wolf brothers Aaron and Sota were all just relaxing and not doing much.

Hakeru: Yep this was inspired idea.

Oxnard: I'll say, sometimes you just want to do nothing at all.

Sota: Exactly, having adventures is cool and all but sometimes, you gotta unwind.

Aaron: Yes and we'll need all the rest we can get before our trip tomorrow.

Boss: Where are you headed?

Aaron: Every 6 months or so we go on a big camping trip just the two of us.

Sota: It's really great, I get to explore and fish just like Aaron. Except I usually catch more fish than he does.

(Chuckles)

Aaron: That is true I'm afraid.

Everyone laughs a bit except for Penelope, she didn't want her new favorite babysitter to leave, the next day the two had packed all they need in their handbags and were about to leave their cave when they saw Penelope running towards them.

Sota: Hey, there Penelope what's up?

Penelope went right up to Sota and gave him a big hug, Aaron was confused by all this until Pashmina walked up to them.

Pashmina: Hi Aaron, Penelope ran ahead of me. She wanted to say goodbye before you left.

Aaron: That was nice of you; well we're just about to be on our way.

Sota: Right! I'll see ya when I get back Penelope-

But Penelope didn't want Sota to leave and jumped atop his back.

Penelope: Ookwee!

Sota: You can't come with me; this won't be a day trip.

Pashmina then took hold of her friend and set her down.

Pashmina: Don't worry Penelope, Sota and Aaron will come back soon.

(Droops her head)

Penelope: Ookwee.

Soon the two are on their way with the sun watching overhead, Pashmina waves goodbye but Penelope was too upset to do much of anything, later on at the clubhouse she still was low and upset.

Pashmina: I'm getting worried about her; she's been like this ever since they left.

Hakeru: she obviously misses Sota a lot, what can we do to cheer her up?

Everyone thought of what they could do.

Hakeru: I know! we could have a day camp and do some stuff like a scavenger hunt and fishing. That might cheer her up.

Oxnard: Yeah, and we could have a sundown camp snack. I'm thinking marshmallows.

Maxwell: I have an old scrapbook; we can press leaves and flowers in it.

Hakeru: Then it's settled, we'll hold our own day camp. Let's get started.

Meanwhile at the Haruna residence Laura was really excited as she closed the book she was reading.

Laura: Well today's finally the day, Kana's coming back in 3 days. It almost seems time has passed real quickly.

Hamtaro was in his cage taking a long nap; Laura was now ready for the outside, which was, were she left to quietly closing the door behind her. Hamtaro continued to nap a bit when all of a sudden he woke up excitedly-

Hamtaro: Oh, cats I overslept, I was supposed to be out by now.

Soon after much running, he made it to the field to find the hams setting up tents and hanging streamers.

Hamtaro: What's going on?

Hakeru then came by.

Hakeru: Well we wondered what kept you; we're in the middle of a project. Penelope's down that Sota left for a camping trip so we're making a day camp for her.

Hamtaro: That's a great idea, what can I do?

Hakeru: Well were almost done, we just need someone to be our counselor. That can be your job.

Hamtaro: But what do councilors do?

Hakeru: They welcome the campers and offer advice. They also make sure everyone's having fun and are safe.

Hamtaro: That's a big job but I'll try my best!

Soon the campsite was finished and Pashmina led a blindfolded Penelope out to it.

Pashmina: Ok you can take off the blindfold now.

She removed the blindfold and opened her eyes to see the campsite all set up and her friends in front of her.

Hamtaro: Welcome Penelope and everyone to the ham-ham day camp.

Penelope: Ookwee?

Hakeru: We know you miss Sota so we made our own camping trip just for you.

Penelope was so happy she couldn't believe it; indeed, it was a great day after all. She gathered leaves and flowers with Maxwell and pressed them in the scrapbook, Hakeru showed her a great game of match the dance, and finally at the end of the day Oxnard had given everyone a stick that he put marshmallows on and they toasted at the fire. Boss showed Penelope how to do shadow puppets and by the end of her day camp adventure, she could do a bird

It seemed Penelope was ok but the next day at the clubhouse she and Pashmina weren't there.

Hamtaro: I wonder why there not here yet?

Hakeru: I hope nothing's wrong.

Just then, Pashmina burst in looking very upset.

Pashmina: Guys, Penelope's gone!

Everyone gasps.

Pashmina: I went to pick her up and she was gone. This is all I could find.

She held out a picture that she had found-

Bijou: What could it mean?

Though everyone wondered, only Penelope knew for sure, as she had been walking deeper into the hills of the forest looking for Sota. Meanwhile Laura was at the farmers market picking up some stuff for dinner when she bumped into someone familiar.

Laura: I'm so sorry.

Voice: Oh, it's okay.

She looked up to see it was-

Laura: Oh Kana.

Kana: Surprised?

Laura: You bet I am!

Soon after Laura bought what she needed they walked together home.

Laura: When did you get back? Your letter said you'd be back in three more days.

Kana: Well my parents invited my cousins to visit us back home and we came home early. My mom wanted me to get some stuff for dinner and then you know the rest.

Laura: This is great; can I meet your cousins?

Kana: Sure, bring your parents too; they'd love to meet you.

Laura: Great then.

Meanwhile everyone was searching high and low for Penelope. From the
fields to the meadows, and around the city streets but she couldn't be
found anywhere. Soon everyone returns to the clubhouse confused and

unsure of what to do next.

Pashmina: We've looked everywhere and we couldn't find her. Something
terrible could've happened.

Hakeru: I think we have to find a clue in the picture; it's all we've got.

The picture is set in view and the gang gets to thinking.

Hakeru: Well it's picture of Penelope and Sota and Aaron's there too. They're at a big campfire roasting marshmallows.

Pashmina: Do you think it could mean-

Hakeru: I think so, follow me!

The two quickly left leaving the others greatly confused but they
quickly ran after them, soon they all reached deep into the forest
when they saw Aaron and Sota's campsite where Penelope and Sota were
playing while Aaron was napping.

Pashmina: Oh Penelope we found you.

Penelope heard her best friend's voice and quickly came over.

Sota: Hey everybody, I wondered if you'd come by.

Soon after Aaron woke up and the whole story was explained.

Aaron: So we were at the river fishing and she came right up to us, we

didn't know what to do except take her back to camp with us and hoped you'd come by.

Hamtaro: Luckily, we had a picture to go on.

Meanwhile a bit a ways-

Pashmina: Oh you scared me something awful, please don't do it again.

Penelope: Ookwee, Ookwee.

Well despite a few twists and turns it was an okay day as they shared
in Aaron and Sota's camping trip for the day. Later that night when

everyone else had gone and his brother fast asleep Sota looked at the

starry sky feeling very proud. No one had ever traveled so far just
for him before, well aside from Aaron but this felt different.


Sota: Thanks Penelope.

Meanwhile at the Haruna residence Laura wrote in her journal as usual.

(Writing and thinking)

Laura: It was a great day, Kana came home early and we went over to meet her cousins, they said they loved the portrait I drew for Kana and asked me to draw them too.

Hamtaro was eating a hamster treat thinking about his day.

(Thinking)

Hamtaro: I thought the day camp we made for Penelope would make her feel better, but she must've miss Sota more than we thought. I've never seen Pashmina so worried.

(Writing and thinking)

Laura: I tried to do a good portrait, it probably wasn't as good as the one I made for Kana but they said it was great too.

(Thinking)

Hamtaro: I guess hard to being the youngest in the crowd, tomorrow we should make it a special day for Penelope, Maybe we could do a play.

Laura: Well today was great, I wonder what tomorrow has in store. Don't you Hamtaro?

Hamtaro: Heke?

Preview of next chapter

Hakeru: Things are getting out of control!

Cappy: What are we going to do?

Hamtaro: I'm not sure myself, but this is getting weird. Next time-

Kitten Kraze mania! You don't want to miss it!