Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Hamtaro Generation II ❯ While waiting for T.W ( Chapter 9 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Hamtaro Generation
While waiting for T.W

Prologue

Boss: Hmm, it seems hard to become a pro chef. They can't turn pro without lots of study and practice. You know, at first I thought it was all food and games, but it looks to be a lot a hard work after all. I wonder if he'll be able to do it, oh I'm worried about you T.W!

It was very early and Boss took a bucket, filled it with water from the tub, grabbed a scrubbing brush, and headed out to the clubhouse where everyone had gone except for Bijou.

Bijou: Boss if you don't mind my asking. What are you doing this early?

Boss: Not much Bijou, I just decided the place needed a good cleaning.

Bijou: A good cleaning? Are you feeling all right?

He just chuckles a bit not saying a word and went back to cleaning. He swept up, scrubbed the floors by hand, and lastly dusted everywhere. Soon after Bijou had left and the whole room was clean.

Boss: There!

He looked around to see that everything was spotless and in order-

Boss: He'll be coming home soon and I wanted everything to be nice and neat.

He looked up at the calendar where he put a drawing of T.W in the date square on which he'd return.

Boss: Tomorrow's the big day.

We flashback to that day at the airport-

They came together in a group hug tearing up a little. Soon after Asura started up the plane-

(From inside the plane) Asura: Come on T! We have to hurry!

T.W then left his friend's close knit hug and just as he boards the plane turns his head and says, "Please don't be sad, I'll be back".

Soon the H-7 Rouroni took of into the sunrise and everyone waved.

Inside the plane, T.W thought-

(Thinking) T.W: Goodbye my friends.

The flashback ends there.

Boss: Starting tomorrow we'll be arguing again.

He sighs.


Boss: Good grief.

Later on-

(Running out) Boss: I'll see ya later Snoozer. I'm going shopping!

Soon after leaving his tunnels, he ran deep into the city streets. He soon found himself at a Takoyaki stand that Hakeru told him about the day before.

Stand operator: Welcome! What can I get you?

(Points to each one he wants) Boss: I'll take this, and this, and this, and this one and that-

Stand Operator: Ok coming up!

Meanwhile the radio in the stand was reporting something interesting-

Radio: Now for the weather report, it seems the ring of typhoons have took there toll in Europe as flights are delayed and re-routed to new locations-

Boss didn't pay attention to that and thought-

(Thinking) Boss: I'll bet T.W wasn't able to get any Takoyaki on his trip. Therefore, he'll be glad to see these. He always said he wanted to try one so now he can all he likes.

Meanwhile the H-7 Rouroni had landed at a port between Europe and home as a strong Typhoon had hit.

(Inside the plane) Asura: This storm looks bad; we may not make it back today-

T.W: What that can't be!

He looked out the window to see it was very rough out there.

Asura: I'm sorry but I can't risk my plane in this intense a storm. I'm sure by tomorrow it will clear up.

T.W: Ok.

Asura: I'm sorry.

(Thinking) T.W: Oh Boss, what are you doing right now?

We next see Boss walking down town square where he saw someone familiar-

Boss: Hm.

It was Elder ham going by with a suitcase-

Boss: Hey Elder ham over here!

Elder ham: Hm? Oh Boss it's you.

Boss: So how's everything going, well I trust.

Elder ham: You're certainly more cheerful than usual today.

(Chuckles) Boss: Thanks, are you going on a trip?

Elder ham: I sure am, I thought I'd get my feet wet and take a holiday but.

Boss: What happened?

Elder ham: The trains and planes have all stopped do the ring of storms out in the coast. I can't reach my destination due the typhoon ring.

Boss: Typhoon ring?

Elder ham: Yep, I heard every detail at the station. It's quite the annoyance wouldn't you say?

Boss: Yeah, I'm sorry. I know! Maybe I can make a detailed plan for your next trip.

Elder ham chuckles a bit and taps him on the shoulder-

Elder ham: Thanks anyway Boss. I'll just stay here awhile. I have a book I need to finish anyway.

Boss: Ok then.

Elder ham: I'll see you later.

He turns the other way then leaves-

(Waving) Boss: Bye!

As Boss turned to leave, he could Elder ham mumble-

Elder ham: That typhoon.

Boss: Heke?

Elder ham: Touching down in the south port area near Europe of all places.

Boss stops in his tracks and turns around-

Boss: What, the south port area?

He quickly runs to brochure shop at the nearest train station and grabbed a brochure he found on the floor. He skims through it to find the info he needs.

Boss: I hope there's something in here.

He skimmed through until he found something-

Boss: Ok, I can see our town on the map, and this is where T.W is. So where's the south port area?

He skimmed through a bit more and then-

(Gasps) Boss: He has to pass by it to come home!

Voice: And now a typhoon ring update-

Boss: Heke?

He turns to see the radio talking of the typhoon ring-

Radio: This could very well be a tough time, as the ring of typhoons in the European area shows no signs of letting up. The airports are imploring everyone to remain calm and keep there level head. Unfortunately, there has been mild to moderate flood damage. Luckily, no one was hurt…

Boss: What? No way.

Soon after he went through the tunnels on his way back home-

(Walking) Boss: He must be scared out there. It's very dangerous near the frightful storm.

Just then, he realized...

Boss: I bought some great looking Takoyaki, but now he won't be able to eat them because he's stuck out there.

He stopped and fidgeted a bit-

Boss: Oh no! T.W and Asura are out there!

He goes back to walking-

Boss: I hope the plane didn't crash or anything; no, I'm sure that hasn't happened. Asura is with him though.

He walked for awhile and was almost home-

Boss: But sometimes T.W is so thoughtless and, I just can't help worrying about him. He'll be all right but. He then got to his door, and left his bags at the door and went to the piano. He played a song that had been in his head for some time, as he played he remember the first time he played for everyone.

We flashback to see everyone was gathered around the piano enjoying the great song.

Pashmina: This is a beautiful song.

T.W: I'm really moved Boss. I never thought you were the type.

We end the flashback to see Hamtaro just entered the open door to seem Boss at the piano.

Hamtaro: Hey, there Boss, nice playing.

He then stopped his playing cold surprising Hamtaro.

Hamtaro: Boss is something wrong.

He then turned to see his friend there.

Boss: I'm sorry. I didn't hear you come in.

Hamtaro: Hmm?

Later on the sun had set and everyone had gone home and Boss set a plate of stew down for Snoozer.

Boss: I hope you enjoy it Hakeru brought it for us.

He then went down to the table were a hot bowl of stew waited for him, he stared at it as it for awhile not moving an inch.

(In his sleep) Snoozer: Is everything ok?

Boss: What? Oh no it's nothing I'm fine.

He then takes a sip-

Boss: This is good wouldn't you say?

After dinner he went to his room and looked at the calendar-

Boss: I guess he's not coming home today. I know!

He then went out to the entrance of the clubhouse, climbed up the tall tree, and sat in one of the branches.

Boss: I can watch for Asura's plane from up here. Besides, I could use the fresh air.

Soon he got inside his sleeping bag and rested his head under a pillow propped against the tree trunk.

Boss: Come home soon T.W-

Soon as he looked at the moon he began to dream, he was in the bathtub full of warm water and bubbles hugging his body tightly. Then he heard a voice-

Voice: Boss!

He looked up from himself-

Boss: T.W. Are you finally home?

Then he saw a bubble that seemed to be where T.W's voice is coming from.

(From the bubble) T.W: I'm not back yet, but don't worry Boss I'm just fine.

Boss: Really?

(From the bubble) T.W: You know it, but more importantly...

Boss: What?

(From the bubble) T.W: Are you okay Boss?

Boss: Hey, what are you talking about? I'm just great T.

T.W: Really?

Boss looked around but couldn't see him-

Boss: T.W? T.W where are you? Where are you, T?

He got out of the tub and went to the window with bubbles all over him-

Boss: Hey wait! *Burst the window open* wait!

However, he saw no one out there-

Boss: Come back.

The wind nipped at his wet body-

Boss: Achoo!

Just then, Boss found he was awake in the tree-

Boss: Man what a dream. Oh yeah I slept in the tree all night.

He then climbed down and went back inside-

Boss: I'm sure he'll be fine but I can't help worrying.

He then went to bathroom and checked himself out; he looked a little pale-


Boss: Huh? *felt his forehead* I feel hot. Ah-

Soon after we cut to a scene where the date that T.W was originally to have come home is crossed off and Boss quickly left to meet the others.


(Heads out the door)

Boss: I'm heading out!

He closes the door behind him.

Snoozer: See you later, zu, zu, zu-

As he made his way out of the entrance he coughs a bit harshly-

Meanwhile at the Haruna residence Laura was washing dishes with her mom and they heard the latest radio report-

Radio: The big typhoon ring is still grinding planes trains and now ships to a halt. No one is sure when these storms will let up-

Meanwhile out in the yard Hamtaro, Hakeru, Pashmina and Oxnard were heading to the open field when Boss caught up with them and they walked there together.

Boss kept coughing something awful worrying his friends-

Hamtaro: Boss what's wrong, are you feeling alright.

Oxnard Do you have a cold or something?

Boss: Oh, it's my own fault, I slept outside last night, and I thought I'd get a nicer night sleep. I'd thought it'd be a change from that often stuffy bedroom of mine.

Hakeru: You must've frozen your tail off.

(Chuckles) Boss: It was my own fault. Anyway I'll be fine.

Hakeru: Are you sure, you're feeling alright? You look very pale.

Boss: Yeah, I'll be okay. But-

He thinks about the dream he had-

We flashback to his dream-

Don't worry Boss I'm just fine.

Boss: Really?

(From the bubble) T.W: You know it, but more importantly, are you okay?

The dream ends to see a close-up of Boss-

Boss: Don't worry T.W I'll be fine.

Hakeru: Huh?

(Chuckles) Boss: It's nothing, nothing at all. I just have the sniffles.

Pashmina: But I still can't believe you slept outside, it's not like you, Boss, and you're usually so together about these things.

Boss: Well you know.

Soon everyone headed to the clubhouse were it was as busy as usual at the big table, Boss and the others just made there way in-

Pashmina: Anyway, you should take it easy for today Boss.

Boss: Right.

Hakeru, Hamtaro, and Oxnard: Yeah let's all take it easy-

Just then you heard Stan laughing wildly at the big table-

Stan: No one's ever beaten me at that game and nobody will because I'm a true champion.

Cappy: Really? You've played this game before Stan.

Stan: Of course I've played this game, because I have never lost a game they called me "Stan the stupendous". I bet that if I tried I'm even better now.

He let out another proud laugh-

Dexter: Well maybe you don't play so well now.

Stan: Perhaps but I'm sure no one could beat me at this game, I always win "Stan the stupendous!"


He laughed again-

Pashmina: Stan sure seems energetic.

Hakeru: I wish we could harness that peppiness to make you feel better Boss.

Boss: Don't worry Hakeru. I won't let this cold beat me.

Stan heard him and said-

(Turns his head) Stan: You won't be beaten?

Boss: Heke?

Stan: I see, you've challenged me to a game have you not?

Boss was very confused by this and so was everyone else.

Stan: Ok then! I'll accept you're challenge. Then Stan the stupendous will have to… Show you a winner plays the game Boss. He let out his proud laugh and Boss was more confused the ever-

Boss: Wait a minute!

Stan: Today's game is. Ping pong ball blowing.

(At the same time)

Boss: Huh? Ping pong ball blowing. But-

Hamtaro: Huh? Ping pong ball blowing. But-

Oxnard: Huh? Ping pong ball blowing. But-

Hakeru: Huh? Ping pong ball blowing. But-

Pashmina: Huh? Ping pong ball blowing. But-

Boss: What is that?

Stan was so shocked that they didn't know what he meant he fell flat on his face.

Penelope: Ookwee?

Dexter: Do you mean to say you haven't heard of it?

Maxwell: From my memory, it was popular in some elementary schools.

Then it sparked there memory-

Oxnard: I remember now.

Hakeru: Yeah, Susan and I played that once.

Pashmina: But that's a game for young children, we're too old for it now.

Then Stan stepped forward-

(Points his paw at Boss) Stan: A challenge is a challenge no matter the game, so be prepared to loose Boss. I intend to win, and have lots of great fun at it.

(Bends his head down and sighs) Boss: I guess I have no choice.

Hakeru and Hamtaro: Boss?

Pashmina: You're not feeling well at all are you? Maybe you should pass.

Nevertheless, he flexed his muscles and responded-

Boss: I am fine and I can mop the floor with Stan!

So then, Cappy drew the up the playing field on the table with chalk-

Cappy: Are you two ready to play?

Stan: We're ready, so let's start!

Cappy: Ok then we begin in- three two one, Go!

Stan: All right, I will serve!

He then blows the ball towards Boss's side of the table.

Boss: Here I go-

He blows the ball back, and then Stan blows it fast back to Boss who blows it back-

This pattern continues for quite some time and everyone looked back and forth to see it going on and on-

Pashmina: Don't you think this is a little silly?

Dexter: Yeah.

Sandy: Well, that's my brother for you.

Then Boss blew it back again.

Boss: Take that!

Stan: No problem!

He then blows it back.

Boss: All right here it comes-

Just then as he was about to blow it back he began coughing again.

Pashmina and Hakeru: Boss!

As he coughed, he thought he heard a voice-

(In his head) Voice: Are you all right Boss?

(Stopped coughing) Boss: T.W?

Boss was so confused he failed to notice the ball coming to him and it fell off the table

Cappy: Huh? It seems the winner is Stan.

Everyone was more or less glad it was over and Stan almost couldn't believe he won.

Stan: I won. Wow really, I won. Yes!

He then gives a forced haughty laugh-

Stan: Just as I planned, that shot gets them every time.

As he continues, laughing Boss continues coughing and his cheeks were a sore and bright red-

Hamtaro: Boss, are you all right?

Hakeru: Somebody get some water.

(Stopped coughing) Boss: I guess I overdid it.

Then he timidly collapsed-

Hakeru: Boss!

Stan stopped laughing to notice-

Stan: Heke.

Hamtaro: Boss wake up!

Oxnard: Hang in there

Hakeru: I'll get an ice pack!


Pashmina: Somebody help me get him up-

Oxnard: Boss!

Cappy: Boss?

Soon after mostly everyone went home and were able to get Boss to bed, Bijou just got his temperature reading-

Bijou: 111. You must stay in bed the rest of the day.

Boss: All right.

Bijou: Boss-

Boss: Yeah? What is it Bijou?

Bijou: Is something troubling you?

Boss: Why would you ask that?

Bijou: Well it's just that, you've been acting differently and if you have something on your mind, I want you to know you can tell me.

Boss: It's nothing.

Bijou: Well if you're sure, I'm going to get you some supper, Hakeru's almost done with it.

Boss: Ok, thanks Bijou.

As she leaves the room, he realizes something is on his mind but he didn't know how to tell it to anyone. He cheeks were still red and sore and feeling weaker than he'd admit.

Boss: Am I fine? I can't believe this happened.

He tossed and turned but he couldn't get relaxed, then he noticed the radio at his nightstand and switched it on-

Radio: The typhoon is showing no signs of rest after three days of powerful storms in the south port and European area.

Soon Boss drips off to sleep and has another dream. It was the legendary storm and was at a windowsill in the darkness, and thought he heard T.W-

Boss: T.W? T.W is that you? T.W where are you?

He then saw him on his magic umbrella-

Boss: T.W-

T.W: Taisho!

Boss: T.W!

T.W: Taisho! Taisho!

Boss: T.W it's too dangerous!

T.W: It's all right! I can make it back!

Boss: No, please don't risk it! *Slams his paws on the windowsill* stop! Wait until the storms over and its safe again.

T.W: But. We're lonely without each other Taisho.

(Teary eyed) Boss: T.W-

T.W: Ok! I can do it!

He tried to push his way through but the violent wind pushed him back.

Boss: T.W!

(Blown farther away) T.W: I'm sorry Taisho! I can't get back!

Boss: T.W! T.W!

He then gasped to find it was another dream.

Boss: Not another dream?

He was flushed in his expression and curled under the covers feeling frightened, he turned to see it was his supper on a chair on a special hot plate.

Boss: Am I ever going to sleep again?

Soon he did go back to sleep after finishing a late supper and we fade out. We fade in to see a beautiful and calmer morning and the sun shone a warm and happy day. Boss woke up slowly-

Boss: its morning already. He didn't feel he could get when he heard someone humming-

Boss: That humming, who's making it?

He got up a bit to see someone familiar-

Boss: Is it another dream? It is actually. T.W is it really you?

T.W got up from the chair-

T.W: You had an awful fever and stayed in bed yesterday. I thought that, I was worried.

(Starting to sit up) Boss: So T.W, what kept you?

T.W: Don't get up yet, you need to rest!

(Chuckles) Boss: Don't worry so much.

T.W: I'm sorry I had to wait for the typhoon to stop, so I got back later than I'd planned.

Boss: It's okay.

T.W: I'm sorry I took so long, I was shocked to hear you fell ill. Um Boss-

Boss: Yeah, what is it T?

T.W: Are you okay?

Boss: You kidding? I'm great!

Just then, Bijou came in with a tray and placed it on the nightstand.

Bijou: Now Boss I don't think you should be sitting up yet.

Boss: Good morning Bijou.

She then felt his forehead-

Bijou: It looks like your fever went up a bit.

T.W: Oh, Boss!

(^^) Boss: I really feel better than I look right now

T.W: Boss!

Bijou: You know I can't explain it but you do look better.

Boss: I am.

Bijou: Ok then *places the tray on his lap* you have some of T.W's diploma winning Rice dumpling soup and you be better in no time.

Boss thought it was a little hot and just whiffed the aroma, and then you could hear a tea kettle whistling in the other room-

Bijou: Come on Boss, eat it while it's still warm.

Boss: Yes ma'am.

She then left the room to get it and Boss looked at the great spread.

Boss: Oh wow, this looks awesome-

He was about the dig in when-

T.W: Boss wait! You have to conserve you're energy.

He then took the spoon and dipped it in the stew-

T.W: Let me feed you so you can relax.

Boss: You really don't have to-

T.W: Now I insist, open up!

He opened up and sipped it up.

T.W: So does this deserve a diploma?

Boss: You betcha.

T.W: Oh, I nearly forgot.

Boss: What's that?

He then gave him a kiss on the cheek.

T.W: Missed you.

Boss: I missed you too, welcome home.

They giggle a bit happy to see the other again, meanwhile Bijou was making a nice cup of tea for Boss and herself and heard the radio in the background-

Radio: Now for the weather, over to you Ruki, thanks Rick. Well the ring of typhoon ring has finally ended and planes are now taking off.

(We then cut to a scene where Hamtaro was napping atop Brandy's head and you could hear the radio in the background)

Radio: Boats are now sailing again and the trains are running faster than ever before.

(We cut to another scene were most of the hams are playing and writing get well cards for Boss)

Radio: Surprisingly the damage by the storms is easily repairable and would only cost $666.03

(We cut to another scene where on a train where Elder ham was napping on a luggage hold finally taking his holiday)

Radio: So for the next month look forward to sunny skies.

Meanwhile back in Boss's bedroom-

(Tries to pry the spoon from his hand)

Boss: T.W I can feed myself thank you.

They snarl at each other showing their teeth about the fight, when instead they break out in laughter.

Boss: Oh T.W I'm so glad you're home.

Preview of next episode-

T.W: I'm home Boss! Here's you're present.

Boss: Thanks T, so what'd you get me?

T.W: A whole bag of sunflower seeds, I even shelled and toasted them.

Boss: Um I think I ate them all though.

T.W: What? Without me, I'll just make more then

Boss: Hey, hey! Then it won't be a souvenir.

T.W: The next episode of Hamtaro Generation is "Hamupalooza!" Look everyone, the town's all different.


I thought for the last dream sequence I'd use Boss's Japanese name to make it more dramatic. I had to put this up but I'll finish the miniseries soon. Please review!