Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Hamtaro Generation II ❯ Hamupalooza ( Chapter 10 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Hamtaro Generation
Hamupalooza!

It was a cherry summer day and Laura was in her room trying on her kimono making sure it still fits.

Laura: This is so exciting! The summer festival is here once again.

Hamtaro was on the desk rolling a little marble.

(Thinking)

Hamtaro: So it's the summer festival today, I'll never forget the last time I went. The noisy corn and those pretty fireworks.

Laura: Kana's going to meet me there and this time we won't get lost.

She goes over to the desk and picks up Hamtaro and places him back in his cage.

Laura: Well I'll see you later.

She then heads out the door leaving Hamtaro in thought.

(Thinking)

Hamtaro: I wonder if my kimono still fits, I think I'll see if the others want to come.

Sure enough he was off to the clubhouse and told everyone that the summer festival has returned.

T.W: A festival?!

Then in a flash he changed into his sparkling red kimono with a big pink bow in the back.

T.W: There's a summer festival today?

Hamtaro: Yeah and I wanted to know if anyone wanted to come with me.

T.W: I'll come with you. I've been to a festival like this before.

Hakeru: I'll be there but I promised to spend the day with Susan.

That's when T.W got a notion-

T.W: That gives me another idea, I'll go see Chris and be his company. I'm sorry, I wish I could join you but Chris is still having trouble making friends.

Hamtaro: That's okay. Would anyone else like to come with me?

Bijou: I would, we lots of fun the last time.

Everyone agreed.

Hamtaro: Great then let's go!

So while the hams get ready, T.W and Hakeru meet up with Chris and Susan who are in their new kimonos and head down to the festival site.

Susan: This is going to be so much fun.

Chris: I know. I can't wait!

Up atop their heads T.W and Hakeru sit really glad their all together, soon they arrive and the first ones they see are Laura and Kana. They quickly go over and they all greet each other.

Susan: It's so nice to see you again.

Chris: You're doing well I trust?

Laura: Oh we're doing great, so you've come to the festival yourselves?

Susan: That's right. After all we're big kids now.

Chris: That's right.

Just then they see someone pushing a roasted apple cart.

(Turns to Chris)

Susan: Hey want to get a roasted apple?

Chris: Sure.

Susan: Great then, we'll see you guys later.

So they say there goodbyes and the kids rush over, soon they were enjoying a yummy and healthy treat. Soon after they browse around and see a contest being held.

Contest Vendor: Ladies, gentlemen. Children, step right up! If you can scoop a fish you win a great prize!

Susan runs up to the booth really excited-

Susan: I'll try sir.

Contest Vendor: All right, we have a taker!

He hands her a paddle and little net.

Contest Vendor: Just try and catch any of the fish in the bowl and you win. But you only have 4 minutes when my stopwatch goes off. Are you ready?

Susan: Yes.

Contest Vendor: Okay in 3, 2, 1, *starts stopwatch* begin!

So she starts her mission with gusto, meanwhile our ham friends just arrive and high above on the roof of the game booth cheering Susan on. 2 minutes have gone by and Susan was still unsuccessful, then 3 minutes, it was down to the wire and just before the three second count she catches one and puts it in the net.

Contest Vendor: We have a winner folks! Here is your prize.

He hands Susan a basket of prizes wrapped in cellophane and tied with a bow.

(Courtesy)

Susan: Thank you sir.

Chris: Great job Susan.

Susan: Why don't you try next Chris?

Chris: I don't know. I've never played a game like this.

Susan: This was my first time too and I won. You can too.

Contest Vendor: She's right sunny, give it a try.

Chris: Well, all right.

Susan: That's the spirit!

Meanwhile inside Chris's handbag T.W popped his head out hoping to psyche him up to try.

T.W: Do your best sir!

Chris: Ok mister, set me up.

Contest Vendor: You got it!

So he handed Chris a paddle and net and he got ready as he reset the watch.

Contest Vendor: Ok we're set, 3, 2, 1, *starts stopwatch* begin!

Chris now goes to work as he tries to catch one of the many fish scurry swimming along, Susan is cheering him on, Hakeru in Susan's bag and T.W in Chris's cheer him on as well and of course the hams on the booth's roof.

Soon he had one minute left and he seemed to get a big one and it was down to the final 10 seconds. But it veered away from the net and time was up.

Contest Vendor: Aww, tough break kid.

Susan: You tried and it's good you did.

Chris: Yeah you're right, thanks. Let's see some other booths.

He then walks off and Susan quickly follows-

Hamtaro: Poor Chris, he almost won.

Bijou: Well games of chance are just that, a chance.

Oxnard: He'll be okay I'm sure. At least there wasn't food involved.

Boss: What should we do now?

Hamtaro: Let's go and keep an eye on them, they might need our help.

Well Chris started to run off where Susan couldn't keep up-

Susan: Chris come back, wait up!

But soon she found herself deep in the crowd and couldn't see him.

Susan: Chris, come back!

But he was too far away to her as he ran out of the festival site, later we see him under a shady tree feeling he was about to cry at any moment.

Chris: I guess I'm just a big baby but, this is the first time that I've ever-

He couldn't bring himself to say it when he heard a voice-

Voice: That you ever what?

Chris: Who said that?

Voice: Me, up here!

He looks up to see a girl atop a tree branch.

Girl: Go on, what's the matter? You seem quite low.

Chris: Well. Do you see the festival over there?

Girl: Oh yes, it looks fun. I saw you leave very upset, is it not fun?

Chris: It's not that. It's just. This is the first time I've gone to a place like this without my mom.

Girl: So that's it, hard I guess.

Chris: Yeah, she had to work late again. I just miss spending time with her.

Girl: I know what that's like, my mom works so far away I have to take a train ride to see her. I talk to her on the phone sometimes, but it doesn't fill the void Chris: That must really be rough.

Girl: Well can't complain. Maybe you'd like to play with me.

Chris: Ok!

So the girl climbs down from the tree and takes a deck of playing cards out of her pocket.

Girl: Do you know how to play hearts?

Chris nods.

Girl: All right let me spread out a blanket from her basket-

Chris: Oh yeah, I'm Chris Sadan.

T.W then popped out of Chris's bag and climbed on top of his head.

Chris: This is T.W, one of my new best friends.

Girl: Oh how silly of me, I lost my manners. I'm Tanah Shijoji.

Chris: Well let's play.

So Tanah deals and the game gets underway, meanwhile Susan was franticly searching for Chris throughout the park-

Susan: Chris? Chris! Where are you?

While she searched above the hams also followed looking in the places that only they would know of. She ran so fast she wasn't paying attention to where she was going and rammed into someone and fell over.

Susan: Oh I'm very sorry!

She got up and dusted herself off and saw it was Kana and Laura.

Laura: What's the hurry Susan?

Susan: Well Chris and I were playing this game to win a prize-

She shows them her basket of prizes-

Susan: I won but Chris lost by a hair. He was upset and ran off.

Laura: Don't worry we'll help you find him.

Kana: I'm sure he didn't get far, let's ask around.

Meanwhile a ways from the park on the hill Chris and Tanah were playing a great game of hearts.

Chris: I win!

Tanah: Oh fiddlesticks! Want to play again?

Chris: Sure I'll deal.

Meanwhile Laura, Kana and Susan continue their search for Chris. They ask everyone they meet but no one's seen him, they then reach the park's exit to hear some chattering-

Susan: I think I hear someone.

Laura: Let's go check it out.

So they head up the hill to find Chris and Tanah spinning around. T.W was spinning too and fell flat on his back dizzy.

Susan: There you are. I was so worried.

Chris: I'm sorry Susan. I was kind of down until I met Tanah.

Susan: Tanah? Who's that?

Tanah: That's me, I'm Tanah Shijoji.

Susan: I'm Susan Okogata, atop my head is Hakeru and this is Kana and Laura.

Laura: Hello there.

Kana: It's nice to meet you.

Susan: So what was bothering you anyway?

So Chris explains the whole story.

Chris: So I was feeling down because my mom couldn't come with me. But I met Tanah and we played hearts and then spun around.

Susan: That's sounds fun. What do you want to play now?

Chris: Well now that all of us are together let's go back to festival and have fun.

Susan: Great idea, come on everyone!

So they head back to the festival and enjoyed the rest of the day, meanwhile up in the tree our ham friends were glad it all worked out fine, soon night fell and everyone saw the beautiful fireworks show in the sky and agreed it was the perfect end to a great day.

Later that night at the Sadan Residence Chris and T.W were taking a bath together in the bathroom. T.W latched onto a bubble and floated up high then it popped and landed on Chris's head.

Chris: It was a great day today, wasn't it T?

T.W: Yes it was and we made a new friend.

Chris: Yeah, Tanah is really cool. Now with her and Susan and you, Hakeru and the other ham-hams I feel I have friends all around me.

T.W: I'm glad Chris, I'm glad indeed.

Meanwhile at the Haruna residence Laura was writing in her journal while Hamtaro was playing with the plush whale Laura gave him.

(Writing and thinking) Laura: Today was another great festival, Susan and I won prizes but Chris got the best prize of all, a new friend in Tanah.

(Thinking)

Hamtaro: It's always great making new friends, Tanah sure is friendly.

(Writing and thinking) Laura: Chris was sad about his mother not being able to come but we had a great day anyhow.

(Thinking)

Hamtaro: It was great, the rides, the food but most of all the company.

Laura: Well today was pretty easy-going, I'm sure there's something extra special for tomorrow Hamtaro.

Hamtaro: Heke.

We look out from the house and fade out.

Preview of next episode

Chris: That was great meeting Tanah. I hope we see her again soon.

T.W: Me too, meanwhile the hams and I are going on a trip to the farm,

Chris: A farm? Cool, can I come.

Susan: Me too!

T.W: I'm sure we can think of something.

Hamtaro: Well when we get there, Pepper's in a real pickle.

Hakeru: I hope there's something we can do to help.

Oxnard: Next time-

Pepper and the dove of courage

Pashmina: Look forward to it please!

Please Review!

Also Tanah is pronounced Tay-na and Shijoji is pronounced She-Joe-Gee.