Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Hamtaro Generation II ❯ Pepper and the dove of courage ( Chapter 11 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Hamtaro Generation
Pepper and the dove of courage

It was a windy summer day and the hams, Susan and Chris were atop a grassy hill looking at the different shapes of clouds.

Hamtaro: Wow! That cloud on the right looks like a giant sunflower.

Bijou: And over there that cloud looks like an apple hair clip.

Boss: I see a cake and a thorny rose.

Oxnard: I see salt and pepper shakers.

Of course that vision made him think of Pepper-

(Thinking) Oxnard: Oh Pepper, I wish I could see you right now.

T.W: I see a peach.

Hakeru: I see a hat with flowers atop it, what do you see Sue?

Susan: I see a heart, what about you Chris?

Chris: I see a Unicorn.

Cappy: I see an airplane.

Pashmina: Where? I don't see it.

Penelope: Ookwee?

Cappy: No I really see an airplane, up there!

Everyone looked up closely to see a plane high above them. It was Asura in his H-7 Rouroni. He leaps out of his plane and with a few flips lands in front of the once cloud-gazing companions.

Asura: Hamha everyone, long time no see.

Hamtaro: Hey there Asura, how've you been?

Asura: Just great, I wrote you I finally got my own place and a bunch of friends to share it with. Not to mention I have a garage and workshop for all my present and future inventions and a runway for my plane.

Hamtaro: That's great Asura, we're really happy for you.

Oxnard: That's cool and all but how's the kitchen?

Asura: All state of the art yet the wholesomeness of a cottage.

That's when he noticed Chris and Susan-

Asura: Oh, so who are you?

T.W: These are the humans we told you about, Susan and Chris.

Chris: Hi, it's nice to meet you.

Susan: Likewise.

Asura: Well I could tell from up high you where cloud imagining, is there anything else you want to do?

Bijou: We haven't thought of much.

Oxnard: I know what I want to do.

Hamtaro: What's that?

Oxnard: I want to see Pepper. It's been so long since I've seen her, I miss her a lot but she lives so far away on the farm.

Asura: Who's Pepper?

Hamtaro: She's our friend who lives in the country on a farm.

Asura: Well if you'd like to go I can take you, I think I've flown by that farm you speak of.

Oxnard: Really?

Asura: Yeah, so are you up for it?

Oxnard: You bet! So guys will you come with me?

Hamtaro: Sure we'd love to.

T.W and Hakeru: We'll come too!

So with everyone agreed Asura called back his plane by remote control and everyone boarded inside, Susan and Chris wave goodbye as the plane takes off for what else but the country.

Meanwhile on the farm Pepper was doing her usual exploring when she heard a frightful cry.

Pepper: Whatever could that be? I better check it out.

So she followed the sound and was starting to worry-

Pepper: None of the animals I know of make that sound, I hope it's alright.

But when she got to a clearing she saw a small white dove and it was not alright.

Pepper: Oh no, that poor dove.

She quickly went up to it to see it lying weak on the ground.

Pepper: Don't worry, I'm here to help.

So she took her to the barn and got some bandages from the first-aid kit and patched her right up.

Pepper: There you go, you rest now. Soon you'll be flying once again.

The dove just stared at her with a frightened look on her face. Meanwhile the plane had landed on the farm and everyone got out and looked around.

T.W: It's certainly a nice farm, just like you described in your stories.

Hakeru: I've never seen a farm before, except in books and this certainly was an inspired idea.

Oxnard: Pepper! Pepper where are you?

Hamtaro: Pepper it's us, where are you?

Pepper heard them from the barn and came out to see it was her friends form the city.

Hamtaro: Pepper it's great to see you again.

Pepper: Well hello everybody, what brings you here?

Pashmina: We were kind of bored at home so we thought we'd come and see you, Asura brought us.

Asura: It's nice to meet you.

Pepper: Well it's always nice to meet a new friend, is this your first time in the country?

Asura: Well this is my first time on a farm, I used to live in a small town until I graduated flight academy. Now I live in Paris with more of my new friends.

Pepper: How nice, *turns to T.W and Hakeru* so who are you?

T.W: Yes we should be introduced, I'm T.W and this is Hakeru.

Hakeru: Hi it's great to meet you.

Oxnard: So Pepper now that you've met everyone, mind telling us what you've been up to?

Pepper: Sure, but better than that I can show you follow me.

So they follow her to the barn and see the injured dove asleep in the hey-

Bijou: Oh that poor thing.

Hamtaro: What happened?

Pepper: I'm not really sure, I heard it crying weak in the field and saw its broken wing, and she's resting now so we best keep quiet.

T.W: Is there anything we can do to help?

Pepper: All we can do now is let nature take its course.

So days went by and Pepper watched over the dove and it slowly got better and moved around a bit. Soon a week had gone by and the dove's wing was well again so Pepper removed the bandages and the dove gave a long needed stretch to that old wing.

Pepper: I'm so glad you're feeling better. I guess you can fly home.

The dove just looked at her and didn't move and inch.

Pepper: Well come on, you best hit the skies.

But there was a problem, the dove was afraid to fly.

Pepper: Oh dear.

A few days later the hams returned to find Pepper in the barn with the dove still not wanting to fly.

Hamtaro: Hey there Pepper.

Pepper: Hi everybody, I almost forgot you were coming today.

Oxnard: Pepper what's wrong, you don't look like yourself.

Pepper: It's just the dove.

Hamtaro: What' wrong, she's still not well?

Pepper: No she's fully healed but she won't fly.

Asura: I don't understand why, if I could I'd love to know what flight is like without a plane.

Pepper: I just don't understand why she won't fly.

T.W: I think I do.

Pepper: You do? Please tell me.

So he steps forward and looks closely at the dove, he stroked her wing and began to see the problem.

T.W: It's just as I thought, the reason this dove won't fly because she's scared.

Pepper: Scared, of what?

T.W: Well when you found her you said her wing was broken and frightened right?

Pepper: Yes.

T.W: I think she's afraid of flying and hurting herself again, right?

The dove nods.

Pepper: So all this time you've been afraid, I wish there's something I could do.

T.W: Maybe there is, Asura we'll need your help.

Asura: You got it.

Later on they take the dove out in the field where Pepper found her-

T.W: Ok guys here's the plan, Asura will fly high in the Rouroni. Maybe the dove will see what's she's missing and fly again.

Pepper: It's a coin toss but it's better than nothing.

T.W: Ok Asura are you ready?!

(In the plane) Asura: Roger that, I'm ready for action!

Soon the plane took off and flew high, the dove indeed watch but wasn't sure if she had the courage to take to the skies. Meanwhile Asura was flying higher and higher and just then the engine stalled-

Asura: Huh? What's going on, the controls won't respond!

Everyone at first didn't notice but when they saw black smoke coming out they started to panic-

All: Oh no!

Hamtaro: Someone do something quick!

Hakeru: T.W, use your umbrella and quick!

T.W: There's not enough time, I won't make it!

The dove saw what was going on and felt right along with them, just then the door to the plane opened-

Asura: I can't stay up here so I better jump.

Right at that moment the dove could see what she had to do, she ran to pick up speed and with a great burst of energy flew high in the sky-

Pepper: The dove!

Asura then jumped and the dove caught him, Asura was surprised to see the dove under him.

Asura: Wow you flew, you finally flew.

Hamtaro: But I don't understand, what made the dove get over her fear?

T.W: I'm not sure of she really got over her fear but she knew at least for that moment she had to fly again, for the sake of the hamsters who tried so hard to help her.

Soon she landed and Asura was relived to be alright, he was able to use his remote control to bring the plane down safely. Later at sunset while everyone had left for home T.W stayed behind and stood by the dove in the field.

T.W: You still are afraid to fly, even though you did for the sake of our friend right?

The dove nods.

T.W: I'm sorry we couldn't help you but please don't loose hope. You flew before you got hurt and again when you saved our friend.

Pepper had been watching for awhile and then stepped forward-

Pepper: I want to thank you for saving our friend but why don't you fly? Creatures like you are lucky to fly, to be able to soar to new heights. Even though Asura can't fly like you he still finds great joy and happiness in the way he can. Humans have also found their way to fly though not as natural still gives them a great feeling of thrill and happiness.

The dove looked straight at Pepper who seemed very straight up.

Pepper: Can't you see people and animals like that envy you, you were given the gift of flight by birth, please think about what you're throwing away. You're gift, your birthright and your heritage. If you never fly again how will you make friends, eat and play?

The dove was teary eyed and almost cried.

Pepper: Please fly again, not for Asura, not for T.W and certainly not for me but for yourself. Spread your wings and soar, do it for your sake, do it for yourself please!

She then shed a tear and began to cry, the dove was so moved she shed a tear as well, then something breathtaking happened. The dove turned and started to run and pick up speed and took off in the sky. Pepper stopped crying to see she was in the air.

T.W: Wow she did it!

Pepper: Yes she really did.

She then zoomed in lower and caught Pepper with her beak and placed her on her back and did the same with T.W-

Pepper: Wow this amazing!

They flew over the seemingly hand painted sunset far from the farm, then flew gracefully for miles until they reached the city.

T.W: Wow it's the city, I'm almost home. Thank you miss dove.

Soon she flew over the path to T.W's house-

T.W: This is close enough thank you *takes out his magic umbrella* I'll see you later Pepper and miss dove you know where to take her.

Pepper was confused as he jumped and floated along his path and the dove flew off further into the suburbs. Over at the Iwata residence Oxnard looked out the open window in Kana's room and saw the sun nearly had set.

Oxnard: I hope she'll be alright.

Just then the dove flew down and perched at the windowsill surprising Oxnard but was more surprised to see who was riding her.

Oxnard: Pepper it's you, I was just thinking of you and, is that the same dove?

Pepper: Yes, she finally gained the courage to fly.

Oxnard: That's great, I'm so glad for you.

Then Pepper held out her paw-

Pepper: Come Oxy, let's go.

Oxnard: Huh?

He was unsure but got aboard and the dove took to the skies again. They flew high in the sky and all over the neighborhood. They briefly returned to the woodland area and flew by T.W's house and T.W waved to them from the porch, then they flew over Boss who was heading home after gathering food.

Boss: Well I'll be.

They flew by the moon and they were so far all you could see was their silhouette shadowed by the night sky. Later that night the dove returned to the windowsill of Kana's room and Oxnard jumped off and was back in the room.

Oxnard: Thanks Pepper, for everything.

Pepper: Well I didn't do it alone, I'll see ya around.

And with that the dove flew off and Oxnard quickly went to his cage for a long sleep into the night, over at the Haruna residence Laura was up a little later than usual as she wrote in her journal-

(Writing and thinking) Laura: Today was pretty quiet but I noticed something tonight, I saw a dove fly by and over to Kana's window, and what seemed strange was it looked as though something was riding on its back.

Hamtaro was gnawing a hamster treat and thought about it-

(Thinking) Hamtaro: At first I pondered about it but after I saw T.W and Pepper a top it I knew it had to be the same dove.

(Writing and thinking) Laura: Again what was strange was that it flew from Kana's house, then flew back a few minutes later than took off for who knows where.

(Thinking) Hamtaro: Just when I thought it couldn't get more beautiful, I'm sure the ride Pepper and Oxnard shared among such a brave dove was a day they'll never forget. I'm sure the dove will never forget us, especially Pepper.

Laura: Well tonight was an amazing sight, and I'm sure they'll be many new things to see tomorrow Hamtaro. Wouldn't you say?

Hamtaro: Heke!

We zoom out from their house and fade to black.

Sorry this took so long, I hope you enjoyed it. Please review!!!