Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Hamtaro Generation II ❯ A summer ends, prepare for the best part 2 ( Chapter 18 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Hamtaro Generation

A summer ends, prepare for the best part II

With all the stuff going on in the last few weeks of summer everyone seemed to be busy, Hamtaro really felt down at what happened and as he was walking along he had run into T.W fishing on the river and so he sat down beside him for a little talk and explained everything.

T.W: So the necklaces got wrecked?

Hamtaro: Yeah and Laura was really sad, I'm a bad, bad hamster.

T.W: Don't put yourself down like that, no one stays sad or mad forever. After awhile she'll be her perky self again and you will be too just take my word for it.

Hamtaro: Thanks, I sure hope so.

Meanwhile back at the clubhouse Boss lay on his bed in his bedroom feeling very dismal. He anxiously awaiting Annette's letter wondering if she ever got it or if she even remembered him.

Boss: Waiting is so hard, what if she never replies?

Meanwhile Aaron was walking down a dust trail through the valley feeling quite low.

Aaron: What's the matter with me? I know this is better for Sota but I still miss him a whole lot. What kind of big brother am I?

He walked for hours though it seemed like days until he sat on a tree stump, all four feet aching with pain and his eyes worn and droopy. Funny enough Anna was walking that way and saw her son looking beat and quietly sat beside him.

Anna: Is everything ok son?

Aaron was reluctant to answer but he knew that his mother had a sense of how he felt and while they've only been reacquainted for so long she just seemed to slip back ever so perfectly where she left off.

Aaron: No it's not mom, I know Sota's better off with you and dad but I miss him. I love the fact that I have more freedom but I'm starting to miss how things were before.

Anna: I understand, well you can always come live with us; we have plenty of room and leave again when you're ready.

Aaron: I just can't mom. I've lived there too long and have too many memories. No I'll just have to deal with it.

With that he gets up and quietly walks away leaving Anna feeling downtrodden. Soon it was Saturday and as promised T.W would teach Chris how cook a standard breakfast and met him and Boss met with Chris in the kitchen just as his mother was out at work.

T.W: Alright Chris. You ready?

Chris: *gets some bowls and stuff out* Yep.

T.W: Okay. Do what we do. First we get some eggs.

Chris gets some.

Chris: Okay!

T.W: Next we get porridge mix. Then some bread, then some hash browns, any kind of jam you'd like.

While Chris gets those things...

Chris: Anything else?

Boss: Oh I know. Your mother would probably want coffee. So better get coffee mix.

Chris gets that too. He sets everything he found on the table.

Chris: Wow. Who knew breakfast was so large.

T.W: Okay. First pour some porridge into a small bowl.

Chris pours the porridge mix into a bowl.

T.W: Now pour water in it.

Chris does so.

T.W: Now then. Before we get back to that, take a large metal tray.

Chris does so.

T.W: Good. Now put some hash browns on there.

Chris takes the bag and many hash browns come out.

(<>)

T.W: Um… I don't think we need that much.

Bit later….

T.W: Okay we're making good time. Just five hash browns-

Chris puts five hash browns on the tray.

T.W: Good. Next we do...

Boss: You should make the coffee next. That might take a while to make. So we might as well do it now.

T.W: Good idea.

Boss: Okay kid. Open the coffee mix.

Chris does so.

Boss: Now see that coffee maker there? Open the top latch on top and pour in the coffee mix.

Chris does so. He pours the coffee mix in. But it overloads.

Boss: Oh boy.

They fix that.

Boss: Now close it!

Chris: All right you don't have to shout, you're making me nervous.

After wards the mix was completely inserted.

Boss: Now we get some water. Open the hatch that is over the clear bin of the coffee maker, and pour water until it is half full.

Chris: Okay.

Chris lifts it up with his arms and slowly takes it to the sink. He wipes his forehead because that thing was heavy.

Boss: Pour the water man!

He puts the thing under the faucet. He turns on the water and waits for half full. When done, he takes the coffee maker back to the table.

Boss: Turn it on now.

Chris hits on, but nothing happens.

Chris: Um....

Then they point to the plug attached to it.

(^^)

Chris: Oops.

He plugs it in and the coffee begins to be made.

T.W: While we wait for that, let's continue. Now before we do the eggs, let's now get everything heated. Put the porridge in the microwave and the hash browns in the oven.

Chris does so.

T.W: Set the microwave to 3 minutes, and set the degree of the hash browns to 250 degrees.

Chris sets the microwave, and turns on the oven.

T.W: You might want to get some gloves for this next part.

He does so.

T.W: Okay. Now get some metal pans.

Chris does so.

T.W: Put them on the stove.

Chris puts two pans on two stove parts.

Chris: Now what?

Boss: Turn it on!

Chris: But I don't know how to work this thing!

Boss: Let me then!

Boss jumps on the knob, and moves it to the right, then to the left. The flames begin to hit the first pan. Boss does it again for the second one.

T.W: Okay. Now take an egg and crack it on each pan.

Chris takes an egg, but he drops it on the floor.

T.W: No problem. Just get another.

Chris does so but drops it. Then again, and again, and again-

T.W: Try to be careful Chris.

Chris manages to get the egg over the pan.

Chris: Now what?

T.W: Lightly hit the egg on the side. Then crack the egg over the pan.

Chris does so. Then he pulls the egg apart and the egg falls on the pan.

Chris: I did it!

T.W: Great, now one more.

Chris does it again.

T.W: Now we wait.

30 minutes later.....

Chris: We're done! There is so much food on the table. Porridge, toast with jam, eggs on the sunny side, hash browns, and coffee! Success!

T.W: Thanks for reminding me about the toast, I nearly forgot

Chris sees his mom pull up on the driveway.

Chris: Uh oh. You better go. Mom's home!

Boss: Okay kid. See you later!

He leaves.

T.W: Good luck Chris!

He leaves too. The mother comes in.

Chris: Um...Surprise!

Mother: Oh my! You made this?

Chris: Yep! I made you breakfast! Well with a little help from my friends.

Mother: Aw. That is so sweet.

She hugs him.

Mother: Thank you.

Chris: Only I didn't do it myself, I had some help from my friends.

Mother: Its ok, it means just as much to me.

Chris: Thanks mom.

Meanwhile...at the clubhouse…

Boss: Okay we're back!

T.W and Boss see everyone working with moving diamonds and things.

T.W: I see you're repairing the necklace.

Hamtaro: Yep. I can't do it alone, better to do it together.

Boss: Can we help?

Hamtaro: Sure! We need all the help we can get!

Everyone begins to work. They take one diamond and move it onto a string of the necklace. It's a long process really. But they eventually get every bead on there.

Hamtaro: Now for the final touches....

He ties the necklace point really tight to put it together. The necklace lace is tied, and it's finished.

Hamtaro: We did it!

Everyone cheers.

Hamtaro: Now, to Laura's room!

Everyone holds up a part of the necklace, and they carry it out of the clubhouse.

Eventually, they make it to Laura's house.

Hamtaro: Now to get it up there....

Somehow, everyone runs up the drain pipe while still having the necklace. They travel up, and up, and up, slippage! Up, up, and they make it up. They put the necklace on the table.

Hamtaro: That does it. Thanks everyone!

They hear a sound coming from the door.

Hamtaro: Hide everyone!

Everyone hides while Hamtaro makes a dash for his cage. He makes it in. Laura comes in. She sees the newly fixed necklace on the table.

Laura: Oh! My necklaces, they're like new again.

She picks one up, and puts it on.

Laura: But how, they were in pieces. Mom must've fixed it. I better thank her.

She leaves the room. Hamtaro gives thumbs up to his friends.

Hamtaro: Mission accomplished!

Meanwhile in the home in Ayano village we find Sota talking to his parents, Cliff and Anna.

Anna: Something wrong?

Sota: Yeah. It's about Genki.

Cliff: What's wrong with Genki?

Sota: Well… Nothing, It's just that...Well...I don't think Genki doesn't respect me like a big brother as much as Aaron. I think he doesn't trust me or anything.

Anna: Oh don't worry. I'm sure he'll get used to you in time.

Cliff: You know. You should always try to know about others you feel needs comfort. That way both of you can get to know each other better.

Sota: Get to know each other better....

Then May comes in really worried-

May: Mom, dad, Sota something terrible has happened!

Anna: May calm down, what has happened?

May: Well Genki was really mad that Sota made him clean up the mess in his room even though he made it and he's gone to grandpa's house.

Anna: You don't think he took the path through Sky Mountain do you?

Sota: Why what's there?

Cliff: A dangerous pack of coyotes, that's why we usually go through the path around it. But if I know Genki he'll go the more dangerous route.

Sota felt worried and without saying another word ran off in a huff-

May: Sota don't you go too!

Cliff: Go get Aaron and meet us at the entrance to Sky Mountain, if we're not there wait for us but whatever you do don't enter without us.

As Cliff and Anna quickly set of after Aaron, May went to inform Aaron of the news.

Meanwhile... Sure enough Genki took the path through Sky Mountain and no sooner had he made his way in when he was cornered by three fully grown coyotes. He is really scared.

But then Sota appears and is instantly enraged at the sight before him.

Sota: Hey back off! Stand down and leave him alone you creep!

Coyote: Better not interfere, unless you want to be roughed up as well.

Coyote: This is our territory. No wolves are allowed. So he's getting what is coming to him.

Genki: I'm scared.

Sota: He's only a cub. He doesn't know!

Coyote: He's about to now.

They close in.

(Thinking)

Genki: Why me?

Sota: Errrr......Look! Back off or I'll tear you guys apart!

The coyotes laugh.

Coyote: You? Tear us apart? What is a puny little cub going to do against us?

They keep laughing.

Sota gets very, very angry. Angrier then he's ever been. Then he charges and takes down the leader with a thunderous tackle.

Coyote: Hey what are you doing? Huh?

He sees Sota has changed completely. Sota had piercing red eyes, lethal teeth, the snarling, growling, and angry. Sota's changed. He's business!

Coyote: Let's get him!

Sota turns, still in anger. He charges in and tackles the coyotes one by one.

Genki: Whoa… (I didn't know he was this tough.)

Then one of the coyotes bit Sota and holds him down as the others close in.

Genki: Hey! That's not fair!

Therefore, he runs swiftly and tackles the coyotes away. Sota begins panting with worry.

Sota: Quickly! Get to grandpa now!

Genki: No! I won't leave you!

So then...Sota feels better. But now they have to get back to the fight as the coyotes prepare to charge, but then...

Voice: That's enough!

Everyone stops doing what they were doing, a wolf comes by.

Coyote: Master! What a surprise.

These two have caused no harm. Just let them go.

Coyote: But...

??? : You should know better. Now go back to the pack, right now!

The three coyotes leave with heads down.

Sota: Wait a minute. I know you. You're...Chuck!

Chuck: Hello my grandson. Long time no see. Sorry about that. Those three always take action before asking questions.

Sota: I bet.

Later...they are at Chuck's home-

Chuck: Genki. You shouldn't have gone out looking for me on your own. If I hadn't come by, you could've gotten hurt of killed out there.

Genki: I know. I'm sorry. I just came for your advice.

Chuck: About what?

Genki: Well I wanted to ask you about Sota but now I don't have to, before you came he was to my rescue.

He then turns to Sota practically beaming and continued.

Genki: I'm sorry I've given you a hard time. I guess I was so used to being a big brother to May it felt intimidating to have someone only so much older than me taking charge. But now I see I was wrong, you're really tough.

(Blushes)

Sota: Aw thanks.

Soon Aaron, Cliff and May arrived on the scene looking very worried-

Cliff: Where are they, are they all right?

Chuck: Just fine my boy, just fine.

They quickly run over to nuzzle their precious ones with much worried expressions on their faces slowly fading away.

(Nuzzling Genki)

Anna: Don't ever go off like that again, I was worried something terrible happened.

Genki: I'm sorry mom, but I'm fine thanks to Sota. He was the bravest I've ever seen him.

Cliff: Is this true?

Sota: Yeah I guess but I'm quite unsure what came over me, I felt a kind of rage like I never felt before. I've never felt as enraged as I was when I thought they'd hurt Genki.

Aaron: I know just how you feel. I remember my first time too.

Sota: What do you mean?

Aaron: Well I remember when you were Genki's age and wandered off into a deep swamp, would've been in big trouble if I didn't come and rescue you.

Sota: I'm glad of that.

Aaron: So you see you are a fine big brother *winks* right Genki.

Genki: You bet Aaron. I have the two bravest big brothers in the world.

May: I feel just the same way

Sota was indeed proud of what he had accomplished today and it showed in his eyes. A few hours later everyone arrived in T.W's backyard and enjoyed a lovely party that meant summer was soon to end, back at the Haruna residence Both Laura's and Kana's family were having a great celebration of their own.

Later that night Laura was writing in her journal of what went on that day and Hamtaro lay in his cage completely tuckered out.

(Thinking)

Laura: Today certainly was a day of events, It was great that my grandparents came to visit. It was one of the best parties ever.

(Thinking)

Hamtaro: Our party was great too; there was food and games of every kind.

(Thinking)

Laura: I still wonder though how my necklaces

(Thinking)

Hamtaro: That would be our doing, it is amazing what a few beads, and some teamwork can do.

Laura closes her journal and quickly jumps into bed.

(Yawns)

Laura: Well today has sure tired me out. I sure hope I will be ready for school tomorrow, good night Hamtaro.

Hamtaro was already fast asleep.

Preview of next episode

T.W: An important day is soon arriving. Gorgeous flowers, a box of candy, sweet perfume, murky cologne. All of this connected to, my heart and hers.