Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Hamtaro Generation ❯ The pain he kept locked away T.W's Story ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Hamtaro Generation

The pain he keeps locked away

T.W's Story

Part I

It was a dark and rainy day. The kind of day when T.W finds time to read and write in his journal.

(Thinking while writing in journal)

T.W: Tuesday June 10th

It's hard to believe that I've only lived a month when so much has happened. I've made some new friends, started my own business, and had the adventures that up until now were only in my head.

There's so much I want to say I don't where to start.

Well it all started with the day I met Hamtaro some would say it was a fluke I say more like a prayer come true. Right from the start we hit it off and while I was even more excited to meet his friends I was so nervous.

I had always been shy around groups but with a little courage I had more friends then I've ever had in my life. Before then I traveled from place to place anywhere that interested me. But as nice as traveling is I was hoping for a place where I could make friends and put a roof over my head.

Not only did they befriend me they built me my own house and café so I could cook for everyone in the neighborhood. I had always dreamed of owning a café and they help make my dream a reality.

I owe all of this to Hamtaro a free spirited, fun loving hamster. The one who eats life with his bare paws.

Then there's Boss I'll just say it he can be a overbearing, manipulative, bossy, lying bully but not all the time. To be honest he's been more of father to me then my real father ever was. You just have to get past the gruff edges and he's really a cool guy.

Bijou is the apple blossom of Boss's eye. She feisty and peppy, a modern thinker with an Old World outlook on love. She's very nice yet stern when she's angered kind of like me.

Pashmina the living and breathing monument of Howdy and Dexter's constant squabbles. She has the free sprit of a teenager yet the outlook gentleness of a mother. I find when my urges for family life are at there boiling point I can talk to her. I know I'm a bit far off to settle down but I can dream in the meantime can't I?

Penelope though she's the smallest and youngest and only knows two words she is the most determined to prove to everyone that beyond her cuteness there's a mind.

Oxnard paraphs my best customer at the café, as well as my toughest food critiques.

He's also a good friend. He helps me test my newest culinary creations. As well as give advice to what I'm missing in my recipes. That aside he's great fun if not a little timid.

Howdy and Dexter as much as they try to fight it there like the brother each other never had. Who could unknowingly grind a stable friendship into an all out war? Pashmina not on purpose or without even knowing it or meaning to she has been the object of there constant bickering. When there not fighting to be Pashmina's one and only it's Howdy's less then funny jokes. He keeps trying though I feel kind of bad for him all he wants apart from you-know-who is to be a comedic success. Dexter on the other hand is more quiet and polite and uses subtle. He hopes to charm a certain someone with his manners, etiquette, and biting wit. Through all this went it really counts there here for each other.

Meanwhile the hams where outside leaf umbrellas in hand hoping to eat the café when the sign.

Hamtaro: We're sorry but the Ham-Ham café is closed due to rain and renovation.

Oxnard: Too bad and I was hoping for a hot meal.

Hamtaro: Well maybe he does at home let's go see.

So they went around to his house to see a light coming from the attic window.

Boss: There's a light up there he must be home.

They rang the bell but T.W was in such deep thought writing in his journal he didn't hear.

Sandy's a gymnast striving for perfection while having fun at the same time.

They knocked on the door and he closed his journal and went downstairs to the front door.

He opened the door to see his friends in the hard pouring rain waiting for him.

T.W: Hey you guys hurry inside before you get sick and wipe your feet.

After drying off leaving their leaf umbrellas on a mat at front door T.W treats his guests to his specialty rice dumpling soup and some thick sarsaparilla shakes in chilled glasses.

T.W: As glad I am to have guests you could have called first.

Hamtaro: Sorry we didn't know the café was closed today.

T.W: I'm fixing it up so I can be open all year round. It was really made for outside use so I'm renovating it so you can come in out of the cold or the rain as the case may be.

Boss: What were you doing up there anyway?

T.W: I was writing in my journal. I've been writing in it ever since I left home. All the places I've been are in here.

Cappy: What's a journal?

Maxwell: A journal or diary is a book where you write about things or a person, that's usually were you write things you don't want anyone to know

T.W: Yep I write about whatever's on my mind.

Hamtaro: Can we see it please?

T.W: I'd like you to but I think if I did it might hurt some of you. Plus there are some things about me I'm not ready to talk about.

Everyone thought back when they were building that bike to help Hakeru where he said the same thing.

T.W: There were problems back home.

A pause of silence hit

Hamtaro: T.W

(Thinking)

T.W: Why do these memories eat away at me?

T.W: My past is not the issue here.

Fade to present

Soon a few hours had passed and everyone went home except for Boss.

T.W: You're not leaving?

Boss: I thought I'd stay for awhile to keep you company.

T.W: Thanks make yourself at home I'll go to the den put some more wood on the fire.

Boss: I'll help.

So the two friends warmed the fire and while in the den they ate soft pretzels, and they talked about all the recent adventure they've had the past month since his arrival.

Boss: So you like Hakeru don't you?

T.W: I don't think you can comprehend the awnsers to that question.

Boss: Your nuts about her aren't you?

T.W blushed and turned to the side

Boss: If you don't want to talk about it it's okay.

T.W just sat there his head hung down mesmerizing himself in the fire.

Boss: You okay?

T.W view images of his past he's tried to repress

T.W: Cocolette

I love you

Mr. Hollis: I don't want to see you near my daughter again!

T.W cries uncontrollably.

Fade to present as he shouts

Stop haunting me!

He slams his paw hard on the floor

Just leave me be!

Boss then grabbed T.W by the shoulder

Boss: T.W please gets a hold of you.

T.W: Boss I.

Boss: Hmm.

T.W: Boss I want you and everyone to meet me at the clubhouse tomorrow. It's time you knew what I should've told you long ago.

Another silence hit for a minute or so

T.W: You can let me go now I'm fine.

Boss hesitates for a moment then slowly loosens his grip.

T.W: I'm going to bed.

Boss: You'll be all right?

T.W nodded

Boss: Okay just take it easy. Good night kid.

He takes leaf umbrella and heads out the door into the late night still pouring down rain

T.W: Yes good night. Father

With that said our plucky little ham sets off for dreamland but wouldn't sleep soundly. The following morning T.W noticed he had been crying in his sleep. His face was pale and flushed like all joy was stripped from his facial expressions.

T.W: This has got to stop. I must let them know before it finishes me.

T.W only had a few seeds for breakfast he could repress this pain a second longer.

Soon he found himself at the clubhouse were all his friends were concerned about him.

T.W: This was something I wanted to forget forever, something that ate away at my thoughts, and something I didn't want to burden others with my personal battle

But you've been such good friends to me I want no one to worry about me. I hope while we've known each other a short time I feel you'll be able to understand seriousness of what I'm about to tell you.

Everyone was in awe worried of what he'd say next.

T.W: I was born America, Ann Arbor Michigan to be precise. We moved in Detroit after I was born. My father disappeared before I was born.

My mother-

A silence hit for a moment as tears streamed from his eyes.

My mother was unable to take care of me. She had a serious mental problem.

She's schizophrenic and very hard to talk to. In result we're not very close and it hurts me so much like I don't do enough to understand each other.

Oxnard: I've never heard of problems like this.

T.W: Though I often push her away I love her as much as I can. In event my grandmother took care of me from birth. Before I left home we argued a lot. Grandma said it was because even though I wasn't an adult I wasn't a child anymore which made it difficult.

Apart from my family troubles my personal life was less then perfect. I could only make one friend at a time. Two friends I had made were at different points in my life. The first was Kevin Grimes we were friends since 1st grade. But sometime in 2nd grade I heard he moved away. I didn't even get to say goodbye a year after that I moved to a neighborhood on 8 mile.

Then I met her. A beautiful girl with a beautiful heart. Her name is Cocolette she was very dear to me, we were friends at first but I began to notice how much I really cared for her. That caring soon turned into love but I didn't know how to tell her how I felt. One evening I finally told her I loved her and I think she felt the same way. I never found for sure because we soon moved to my aunt's old house

After that I couldn't stay with my family anymore. I left home to begin my long and hard journey. Then I met all of you and the rest is history.

Bijou: And you never saw Cocolette again?

T.W: Only ounce after we moved before I left home.

And that's all I feel like telling for now, anyway I was wondering if we could-

T.W is oppressed with memories of his past yet again.

T.W: Cocolette.

No!

Why do you hate me?

Mr. Hollis: I don't have to hate you. I just want you gone.

T.W: Leave her alone! She's my friend!

My friend or something more.

I don't get it why are these memories still haunting me?

T.W was overwhelmed with these on coming thoughts he started screaming in pain and agony

T.W: Ash! Stop it! Just stop it!

Hakeru: T.W.

AHHHH!

He finally couldn't stand it and punched himself in the face, hard.

Before T.W could finish his sentence he fainted in a cold sweat. His flesh was cold and still unable to move.

Hamtaro: T.W wake up! Wake up! Are you okay?

Bijou: He's not moving! Somebody get help!

Hakeru was scared and angry that T.W might have kept something from everyone that would explain why he collapsed. She ran to him as if she were about to cry

Gasps

T.W No!

She was in deep distress and anger that this could happen to one of her friends.

Hakeru: T.W! T.W! You can't leave me you can't!

She raises her paw up and ready to strike down at him hope he'll wake up.

Boss: Hakeru Stop!

Boss grabbed her paw just in time.

That won't help T.W anymore than yelling in anger will.

Hakeru: I know but have to do something. We can't loose him.

Hamtaro: Will do what we can.

Maxwell: Let's just stop and think for a minute. Okay now he's cold somebody get some hot water.

Boss: I'll get some be right back.

Maxwell: next a wet leaf for his forehead.

Hamtaro: We can do that Oxnard follow me!

Oxnard: Right behind you!

Hakeru: Are you sure this will help him?

Maxwell: I don't know I've read little about this so I'm making a lot of this up as I go. When I get nervous I forget all I've read.

Hakeru: I understand but I think I know what I can do.

She kneeled before him and began CPR

Dexter: How can she be kissing him at a time like this?

Howdy: I've heard a kiss makes a boo boo makes it better but I don't think will help him.

Maxwell: She's not kissing him she's doing CPR. I remember reading by blow air into someone's body it gets the body going again.

Howdy: Well whatever it is it seems to be working

Hakeru continued giving T.W CPR for a very long time. Boss put some hot water in a hot water bottle and out it at his feet. Oxnard got a pail of cold water and Hamtaro dipped a leaf the size of T.W's forehead in the water and put it on his forehead.

Hakeru then fed him some leftover get well soup the soup he used to revitalized her. She then went back to mouth-to-mouth resuscitation hoping he'll respond.

Hamtaro: I think he's coming around.

T.W began twitching and his color began to return.

Boss: He's coming to.

Hakeru stopped for a minute hoping T.W will wake up.

Hakeru: Come on T.W. Please stay with us.

T.W: Cough, cough. Oh my head did I doze off or what. What was I saying?

Hakeru's eyes looked they would spout tears any moment.

Hakeru: T.W!

She ran up to him wrapped around her arms around his body and kissed him on the lips

T.W just blinked his eyes and felt tingly all over.

Howdy: I thought he was going to be fine

Bijou: He is but Hakeru is so glad she was just showing him how she feels. I think we all were worried but her more than anyone; she's a very private person.

After a minute went by she slowly retreated from his body.

T.W: Oh Hakeru I- I. Hmm, yeah now I remember I was going to ask if anyone wanted to play tag?

Everyone was relived T.W was all right but were puzzled by his request.

T.W: I remember before being knocked out that I was telling you about my past and tag was the game me and Cocolette loved to play together.

Hakeru: Why did you punch yourself?

T.W: Those memories were haunting me again and were making my head hurt. I was trying to calm myself down; I didn't think I'd knock myself out cold. I'm sorry for worrying you but my memories don't hurt me anymore.

Hakeru: Because you punched yourself?

T.W: No because you and everyone didn't give up on me. Talking to you, the care you gave me and that you know it all made me realized that I've got loads of new friends. So now when I remember my past I'll know that what I have now well makes up for it.

Thanks everybody

Oxnard: No problem.

Hamtaro: We'd know you would do the same thing for any of us.

T.W: Of course I would. Well I guess I'll go home.

Hakeru: Don't go now.

T.W: I have to I have some things to do.

Hakeru: Just be careful.

T.W: I will, and with that said T.W took his journal and went home leaving a very worried Hakeru behind.

To be continued