Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Hamtaro Generation ❯ The pain he kept locked away T.W's story part II ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Hamtaro Generation

The pain he kept locked away

T.W's story

Part II

Last time T.W had been haunted by memories of his past and in result got him acting picuilar. Soon T.W realized the only way to feel better about himself was to explain this to his friends.

But even so the memories came back to haunt him, now he's left the clubhouse leaving a confused group of ham hams behind him.

And now back to our story.

T.W walked for a long until he found an old oak tree and went over to it. He sat down on the grass with his back resting on the trunk under an umbrella made up of shady leaves.

It was dark and cloudy but not rainy though windy and T.W just sat there for quite sometime deep in thought.

(Thinking)

T.W: I know I did the right thing by telling them but I really wanted to forget it all and start over. But if I had continued to say nothing I might haved worried them more then I did.

Oh why does my life have to be so difficult? I hate to say it but maybe I'll just never have a real family.

Then T.W took out a tape player from his backpack which he had set on the grass beside him and pressed play. The theme "Yuuhi no Yakusoku" plays and T.W begins to sing.

(Singing)

T.W: Zutto zutto issho ni iru to Ano yuuhi ni yakusoku shita kara

Ima sugu aitai Sono kimochi o Onegai tsutaete ne

Hitoribotchi no kokoro ni Totsuzen tobikonde kita

Sukoshi itakatta koto Yasashiku tsutsunde kureta

Konna ni hotto suru koto wa hajimete dakara

Sono nukumori o sotto Poketto ni tsume konde Aruite ikitai?

Zutto zutto issho ni iru to Ano yuuhi ni yakusoku shita kara

Sabishii toki mo Hirogaru orenji o nagamete

"Kitto kitto daijoubu da yo" ano yuuhi ga sasayaite kureru

Ima sugu aitai Sono kimochi o Onegai tsutaete ne

Soon after much time had passed the hams decided to follow T.W by tracking his scent to were he lay to rest. They were walking down the road when they heard-

Hamtaro: Do you guys hear that?

(Over T.W's singing from the distance): Anata ga ichiban suki na Saikou no egao de

Oxnard: It sounds like music and someone singing.

Mukaerareru you ni Watashi mo mainichi ganbatte ikitai?

Pashmina: It's coming from that tree over there!

Zutto zutoo issho ni iru to Ano yuuhi ni yakusoku shita kara

Zutto zutto issho ni iru to Ano yuuhi ni yakusoku shita kara

Tooku ni itemo Onaji orenji o kanjite

"Kitto kitto daijoubu da yo" Ano yuuhi wa tsunagatteru kara

Mou nakanai yo Futari no ai Kokoro o terashiteru

Futari no ai Kokoro o terashiteru?

Soon the hams followed the mysterious singing to an old oak tree were they found T.W laying under the tree turning off his tape player and putting it in his backpack.

T.W: Oh hey you guys.

Hakeru: we heard singing just now do you know who it was?

T.W felt he couldn't tell his friends it was him as they might want to hear more or something so he said-

T.W: Oh yeah a bird flew by and heard my music and sang along.

Hakeru: Well it's just as well because I'm glad we found you. Why'd you leave? We wanted to help you.

T.W: Because no can help me with this problem!!

T.W then got up, grabbed his backpack and left. The hams were stumped as to what could be the matter with usually cheerful friend.

After he got home T.W dropped his backpack by the door, ran upstairs and plopped on his bed crying his eyes out.

Meanwhile everyone else went back to the clubhouse feeling unsure what to do to help T.W feel better.

Hamtaro: Well you guys I'm stumped.

Hakeru: I know it seems the more we try to help the more worse things get.

Maxwell: I've looking through books on psychology and from what I know only two things will work in this case. One we either someone who can best relate to T.W's distress or we just wait and see if the element of time will do its thing.

Pashmina: I'm worried his problems will get worse if we wait.

Penelope was flabbergasted by all this and just kept quiet.

Boss had been observing what everyone said and thought back to last night.

We flashback last night at T.W's home-

T.W just sat there his head hung down mesmerizing himself in the fire.

Boss: You okay?

T.W view images of his past he's tried to repress

T.W: Cocolette

I love you

Mr. Hollis: I don't want to see you near my daughter again!

T.W cries uncontrollably.

Fade to present as he shouts

Stop haunting me!

He slams his paw hard on the floor

Just leave me be!

Boss then grabbed T.W by the shoulder

Boss: T.W please! Get a hold of yourself!

T.W: Boss I.

Boss: Hmm.

Another silence hit for a minute or so

T.W: You can let me go now I'm fine.

Boss hesitates for a moment then slowly loosens his grip.

T.W: I'm going to bed.

Boss: You'll be all right?

T.W nodded

Boss: Okay just take it easy. Good night kid.

He takes leaf umbrella and heads out the door into the late night still pouring down rain

The flashback ends there with Boss staring into space.

Hamtaro: Boss? Are you feeling alright?

Boss quickly snaps out of it and says-

Boss: Oh yeah I'm fine. I've been thinking and I think I know how to help T.W

Hakeru: How?

Boss: I think I should go to talk to him alone.

Hakeru: I can't allow it he's my friend too! I feel I must do something.

Boss: Soon enough but I have to go alone, I won't be gone long if all goes well.

So Boss got up, grabbed his leaf umbrella and left out the door. The hams just looked at the door hoping things went well.

Hakeru: Please be ok T.W, I have to see you soon.

Boss for some reason took the long way to T.W's house feeling he needed to grasp a general idea of what to do. As he trudged along the path rain pouring overhead he began to realize something.

Boss: You know it just hit me, before T.W came along no one ever comes at me the way he does, it's like in some weird way we keep each other in check. I can't believe I'm going to say this-

Boss than stopped a moment and said-

Boss: So I won't say it! (Sighs)

He then continues along the path thinking of memories gone by.

The let up a bit but was still pouring as he reached T.W's house. He knocked on the door out of respect but didn't expect an answer. He then heard a noise from upstairs. Boss slowly opened the door and let himself in. He closed the door behind him and left his soaking leaf umbrella on the shoe mat.

He then went upstairs to T.W's bedroom door and knocked.

(From inside)

T.W: Who is it?

Boss: It's Boss can I come in?

T.W: All right, but wipe your feet.

Boss looked to see there was a mat in front of him so he wiped hid feet on it and entered the room. He saw T.W sitting on the side of his bed with a deep sadness in his face.

T.W: So why are you here?

Boss pulled up a stool from a nearby table and sat right in front of him.

Boss: I figured you needed a friend to talk to.

T.W: You consider me a friend?

Boss: Sure why wouldn't I? We may argue a lot but who doesn't plus I know how you feel more than you know.

T.W began to tear up and look towards the window besides his bed.

T.W: How could you? Maybe you've been alone more than I have but I- my family is breaking all around me.

As Boss looks closely T.W thinks of a time when he was much younger and was still living back in Detroit.

He was in an abandoned park sleeping under an old evergreen tree dreaming of his true desires.

In his dream he was with his mother in the park but wasn't ailing from the mental disorders she had in real life and they had a memorable time together.

They slid down the slide, playing in the sandbox, and wading the feet in the water as fish nibbled their toes.

Lastly she took him to the swing and he swung back and forth singing.

(Singing Apollo)

Young T.W: Beneath the setting sun and before you were gone, behind everything there was the promise we had made. I believe you will be back; I want to see you soon telling me how exactly you feel.

Then his mom gently pushed him forward a continued the sing but this time his mom took the tape player from his backpack and played the music.

(Singing)

Young T.W: I remember a loneliness fading, when you came-when you jumped in my heart.

I was aching in a little pain, yeah you held me-wish you'd hold me forever.

(Then bells chimed)

Bells so calm, and so-o reliving, and I knew it would only be the start. No mistaking I was not the same since I kept warmth that you gave me-

Can you please come walking with me?!

Beneath the setting sun and before you were gone, behind everything there was the promise we had made. I believe you will be back; I want to see you soon telling me how exactly you feel.

As the song ends T.W stops swinging to see a dark image atop a hill, it was his father.

Young T.W: Papa!

T.W then got off and ran up to him and hugged him tight, he picked his little boy up all smiles.

Young T.W: Papa I learned a new song today.

Dad: Great on the way to visit grandma and grandpa you can sing it to me.

Young T.W: Kay, See you later mom!

Dad: See you home at dinner!

Then the father and son left for their grandparents laughing and singing all the way.

Then everything goes white and we see in the real world T.W was asleep under the old tree when he heard someone say-

Voice: T.W time to come home!

T.W woke up and realized it was his grandma calling him.

Young T.W: Coming Grandma Rae!

So he got himself up and left for home and the flashback ends to see it still raining outside and was crying a bit.

(Sniffling)

T.W: That's the memory I dream of, of what I wanted it to be like. It was all I had to combat the true reality that it will never be like that!

My dreams are all I have. How could you know what I'm feeling?!

T.W broke out in tears unsure of his heart, Boss took off his hat at held at his chest seeing the seriousness of all this.

Boss: Hey I know you've had it rough but so have we all at one point, I know I felt like that many a time.

T.W looked up from his covers soaked in tears and listened closely.

Boss: You see I never really knew my parents at least from what I remember; I've kind of always been on my own. So you might want to give yourself some credit. At least you know one of your parents and you have your grandma.

T.W; I am thankful as much as I can but-

Don't you see?! I just wish my mom was well and we could start having fun and for my dad to try being a dad! Despite my processional wishes I really want a loving family and friends but I'm sure you and the other hams are going to be great friends.

I just-

T.W then without thinking gave Boss a large hug and the tighter he hugged his tears began to dry up and he felt lighthearted. T.W had actually fallen asleep under Boss's strong body mumbling in his sleep.

(Asleep)

T.W: Ah papa!

Boss was kind of embarrassed even though there was no one else but himself and T.W and thought to himself-

(Thinking)

Boss: You don't think- nah!

Soon after much time passed the hams went over to see what was keeping Boss and found T.W asleep upon him.

Hamtaro: What happened Boss is T.W alright?

Boss: I think he'll be back to his happy scrappy self tomorrow.

Bijou: That's great news!

Hakeru: I'm so glad.

Pashmina: Well we better get home our humans will be worried if we don't hurry.

Just then everyone noticed the rain had stopped and they were just in time to see the sun was about to set.

Hamtaro: You coming Boss?

Boss: Nah, I'll think I'll stay with T.W a bit longer.

Hamtaro: Ok see you later.

So after everyone left Boss stayed with T.W right into the sunset, while Asleep T.W had another dream but it was very different then the last.

He was not at his present age on a bridge with Boss and they heard the music of Boku no tomodachi playing in their heads and began to sing.

(Singing)

Boss: I want to see small, fluffy cotton-clouds

Now you may always go and fly.

T.W then got out his magic umbrella and floated high in the sky above Boss.

(Hm hm, ha ha. Hey! T.W! Look Boss I'm up so high!)

Because those eyes, that smile

Make this old chest tender

I don't want you to get hurt

Boss and T.W: Then let's be together-

T.W: In the spring

Boss: summer sky blue-

T.W: autumn and-

Boss: Winter too-

Both: A wholesome lot, OK?!

I wonder, is there something waiting here?

My very best friend is waiting here today!

Then T.W landed back on the bridge beside Boss as he sings the next verse.

T.W: I want to see a great and wide, sparkling blue sky-

When I'm with you, this is a fun world of adventure

(Hey, Boss, are you listening? Yep, T! I'm all ears chuckles)

Nobody but us being able to do it

Gets me all "excited" like this, you see?!

It's alright, let's go do it!!

Both: Let's chat into the morning,

T.W in the night-

Boss: I'm always-

T.W: At your side

Boss: A whole lot-

Both: O-o-o-o-o-oK?

Because we are not alone, even if we become sad

My friend-

(Piano solo)

Then let's be together-

T.W: In the spring

Boss: summer sky blue-

T.W: autumn and-

Boss: Winter too-

Both: A wholesome lot, OK?!

I wonder, is there something waiting here?

My friend.

The song ends to see Boss and T.W looking out at the gorgeous sunset both feeling happy indeed. T.W then thought himself singing a song to himself.

(Thinking/singing)

T.W: Beneath the setting sun and before you were gone, behind everything there was the promise we had made. I believe you will be back; I want to see you soon telling me how exactly you feel.

I remember a loneliness fading, when you came-when you jumped in my heart.

I was aching in a little pain, yeah you held it-wish you'd hold it forever.

(Then bells chimed)

Bells so calm, and so-o reliving, and I knew it would only be the start. No mistaking I was not the same since I kept the warmth that you gave me-

Can you please come walking with me?!

Beneath the setting sun and before you were gone, behind everything there was the promise we had made. I believe you will be back; I want to see you soon telling me how exactly you feel.

Then out loud he said-

T.W: I love you papa.

Boss: I love you too T.

Everything soon got black to see in the real world T.W was snug in his bed, Boss made sure he was well tucked in and quietly left the room. Before he close the door completely he said-

Boss: Sleep tight son.

Then he quietly closed the door and we look outside to see a clear rainless night and while it was night you could see a lovely rainbow over the moon.

Preview of next episode

T.W: Hello again you won't believe what's going down in our next episode. We decide to hold a ham ham talent show. Since I can't cook on stage I wanted to sing, and Hakeru wants to dance. But were both so nervous about performing. Can we bring up the nerve to go on and do I feel something for her or not?

Next time on Hamtaro generation: T.W and Hakeru share stage fright night of the ham-ham talent show. See ya soon!

Taurean's note: This story is dedicated to my best friend Cocolette Hollis. If you read this know I miss you.

I'm switching the episode order around please note that this takes place before the talent show episode and the talent show episode will be the prequel for Boss and Bijou's reconcile.

PLEASE REVIEW!!!