Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Hamtaro Generation ❯ Hakeru's double life Susan's caught in the middle ( Chapter 10 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Hakeru's Double life

Susan's caught in the middle

It was a stark autumn day and Susan was getting read for school.

Susan had been rummaging in her closet looking for her diary. It was share a story day at her school and she wanted to tell the story of family picnic last year which she wrote in her diary.

Susan: Where could it be?

Where could what be? Hakeru thought.

Susan: Aha! Found it. I wouldn't want to have left without my diary.

Hakeru: Your diary?

Susan: You see Hakeru a diary is a book people write down secrets or other they don't want anyone to read.

Hakeru: Yes now I remember your grandma Hakeru my namesake and T.W owned a diary.

Normally I wouldn't read my diary to anyone else but I wanted to tell the class about the family picnic last year and I wrote it down in here.

Susan then heard the bus stop at her house.

Susan: There's my ride, you take care of yourself ok?

(Thinking)

Hakeru: I sure will

Susan strapped on her backpack and closed the door behind her.

Hakeru: Now what did I have planned today? Oh that's right today's our hike I hoped I packed everything.

After Hakeru re-checked her supplies she was set to go.

Hakeru: That's everything. Well I'm off.

Hakeru opened the window beside Susan's bed a climbed down.

Just then T.W came cycling by on a built for two bicycle.

Hakeru: Hey T.W!

T.W strolled along to Hakeru.

T.W: Morning Hakeru I thought you'd like to ride with me.

Hakeru: Sure that's cool but didn't this used to be the 12 ham powered bicycle?

T.W: Yeah but after we helped you we didn't need it anymore I took it apart and with Panda's help configured it to a two ham bike.

Hakeru: Are you sure it's safe?

T.W: Yep I've been testing it for a couple of days and now it works just fine.

Hakeru: All right then!

With that Hakeru jumped a board, pushed off, and rode off to meet the others at the clubhouse.

Meanwhile Hakeru was half-way down the stairs she realized that she for got her math homework. So she went back to her room, and while she grabbed it off the nightstand she noticed Hakeru was not in her cage.

Susan: What? Hakeru are you in there?

Mom! Hakeru's gone missing!

Meanwhile at the clubhouse everyone was waiting for T.W and Hakeru to show up.

Hamtaro: I wonder what's keeping T.W and Hakeru. You think they forgot that today's our hike?

Oxnard: I hope he didn't forget he's supposed to bring the food.

Bijou: Well Hakeru lives a bit away from us it must take her longer to get here.

Cappy: Hey I see some up ahead!

Far up in the distance was T.W and Hakeru were right on the hill heading down.

Both: Hey everybody sorry were late!

Meanwhile Susan was so worried about Hakeru. She barley was able to get on the school bus.

Susan: Mom I can't leave with Hakeru gone she's my friend and my responsibility.

Osono: I know but I'm sure she's fine you haven't jerked your responsibility you father and I will look for her as best we can before we have to go to work.

Susan: Ok.

Susan reluctantly got on the bus and turned to see her mother one last time.

Susan: Bye mom.

Osono: Try and have a great day.

Susan nodded to her as the bus doors close and she heads to a nearby seat at the window. As the bus left her house she began racing thoughts through her mind.

Susan: Hakeru where did you go?

Meanwhile our ham friends have started the hike up Acorn Mountain.

Hamtaro: So what took you guys so long to get here?

T.W: I rode up to Hakeru's house and give her a ride, I wouldn't have forgotten any day I have to cook I remember as clear as a bell.

Hakeru: I'm glad you gave me a ride or I might not have made it.

Meanwhile between all the conversing Oxnard was trudging along way behind everyone else.

Hamtaro: How are you holding up back there Oxy?

Oxnard: Oh I'm fine.

Perspiration was streaming down from his body though walking was not his strong suit he has great endurance.

Meanwhile Susan was in school getting ready for a history essay test. But all she could think was Hakeru and if she was okay.

Ms. Orasake: All right everyone I'm handing you your history essay tests now. You must awnser a list of 9 questions in essay form in 20 to 100 words or less. You'll have 1 hour and 52 minutes to finish as much as you can.

Pencils raised and begin.

Hakeru decided to concentrate as best as she possibly could so she worked hard as Hakeru her grandmother would want her to.

(Thinking)

Susan: I hope your watching over your namesake grandma I worry she might be scared and hurt.

Meanwhile out on the trail every stop to break for lunch.

T.W: I know you're all famished so I brought a new menu item, The Designer Ham-Ham picnic.

Carob fudges cheesecake, mini hero sandwiches. A cooler filled with perfectly chilled fruit soda, of course the usual sunflower seeds and chestnuts, and my latest masterpiece: Dessert rice balls covered in powdered sunflower seeds and a layer of melted carob.

Oxnard: Why I don't were to start.

Hamtaro: I've never seen so much food at one time in my life.

Hakeru: Wow a new family, new friends, and a guy who turns food into an art form. I certainly have been blessed.

T.W: Oh it's no trouble I love to do this. Well as pretty as it is I made to eat not display so feast I say feast!

After a grace that would have made the first thanksgiving was missing a few notes everyone digged in to a most heartfelt feast.

T.W: Krump, krump, krump, this is my best work yet.

Bijou: Hamtaro can I get you a soda?

Hamtaro: Sure I'd love one!

She reached over to the cooler when she noticed there was only one left.

Bijou: There's only one bottle left.

Hamtaro: You can have it if you want.

Bijou: We can share it. There are a couple of straws over there.

Boss was quietly sipping his soda trying not to let the fact that there sharing a soda bother him

Bijou grabbed two straws and put them in the soda and the two cutely sipped through their straws sweetly tickling there noses every ounce in awhile. It was all in good fun, but Boss would beg to differ.

T.W: Boss are you feeling all right?

Boss: What? Oh sure I'm fine.

T.W: Ok then.

He began writing in his portable notepad from her backpack.

Note to self: bring extra bottles just in case.

Hakeru: You know before I came I've never gone off on my own like this.

Hamtaro: You haven't?

Hakeru: No my old master was so old and lonely I just didn't feel right leaving her side fearing if got worried she'd get even sicker. I feel a little guilty being here with Susan gone off at school.

T.W: I wouldn't know since I live on my own but Susan and other first-time pet owners maybe a little smothering but only because they care about you.

To be honest I feel envious of the relationships you have with your owners, for the most part there responsible for you as if they were taking care of a little brother or sister or even there own child so they worry. Ounce she gets the hang of it she'll mellow out.

When you travel as much as I did you learn these things.

Hakeru: Thanks you really know the right things to say.

After they talked some and cleaned up their picnic site they all went back on the trail. Meanwhile Susan was at her lunchtime, and she was eating the lunch her mom packed her.

Homemade oatmeal-raisin cookies, a bottle of pure orange juice, and a peanut butter sandwich.

She was then reminded how Hakeru loved Peanut butter on toast.

Susan: Hakeru please be ok.

As the hike to Acorn Mountain continues we find T.W and Hakeru walking side by side both unsure what to say to each other.

Hamtaro: I see the top were almost there.

Oxnard: Good I don't think I can walk much further.

Sandy: Me neither can we like stop and rest awhile?

Boss: We just stopped for lunch.

Bijou: Yes but that was an hour ago my feet are about to give out.

Bosses as usual will anything for Bijou.

Boss: Oh all right then, take five everybody.

So they all stopped and rested up for the last leg of the trail.

Maxwell: I forgot how long the long way was.

Cappy: Can anyone tell me why we came the long way again?

Boss: We've gotten soft lately we have to give our bodies a challenge ounce in awhile.

T.W looks over to Hakeru all smiles saying-

T.W: Who does he think he is the male Jenny Craig?

Hakeru chuckles

Seriously though I've had this spare tire for awhile now and this will get rid of it hopefully. That's the one drawback as a chef, you get what you pay for and it was worth it.

Hakeru: Yeah.

Susan came home on foot at top speed, her heart pounding worried about Hakeru. When she raced through the front door all the way to her room hoping to see her there she found her cage was still empty.

Susan: Hakeru.

By now our friends had reached the top of Acorn Mountain everyone saw how beautiful it was this time of year. They could smell the traveling scent of lavender, honeysuckle, and water lilies out on the nearby pond.

The crisp autumn breeze, the leaves dancing in wake of the wind, it felt a to be a sacred place full safety, warmth and love.

T.W: It's so beautiful.

Hakeru: It sure is I'm glad I came today.

Bijou: Even the air smells beautiful.

Hamtaro: It sure does.

T.W: Hiff hiff hiff hiff, It reminds me of a small village I ounce visited.

Hakeru: It smells as beautiful as the flower garden my old master used to have.

Bijou: It's so romantic here. I feel as if I'm on top of the world. This sweet air makes me want to enjoy it so much don't you think so Boss?

Boss: I certainly do, Bijou I have something I want to tell you.

Bijou: yes I'm listening.

I-

I-uh

Isn't it a lovely day?

Bijou: Yes it is.

Oh that was weak Boss thought as he just viewed aimlessly in the beautiful nature bound visuals deep in thought.

The perfect place, the perfect view, the perfect moment I may never get another chance like this Boss thought/

No more stalling I'm going to tell Bijou right here right now!

Boss picks a fully bloomed, red rose, bites off the thorns careful not to prick himself, and handing it over to Bijou.

"For me" Bijou exclaimed Thank you Boss.

Your welcome it was nothing really Boss said in a way that was flattering yet brag-like.

Bijou were friends right?

Of course we are.

Well I kind of feel that we could be more than-

Unfortunately the near confession was drawn to a halt when Hamtaro strolled by.

Hamtaro: Hey you two what's going on?

Boss: Oh nothing much we were just talking.

Bijou: I saw this river leading to a berry patch would you like to join me Hamtaro?

Hamtaro: Sure I'd like that

Bijou: Boss of course you can come too.

Boss: That's okay I'll just stay here and maybe take a nap.

Hamtaro: All right then.

Hamtaro and Bijou hold hands and walked down alongside the river.

I don't get it what does Hamtaro have that I don't? Boss thought.

So who will I love now?

Boss went to a late blooming cherry tree, sets his backpack down, and sits below dormant blossoms that refuse the flutter in the wind.

Maybe I've been kidding myself said Boss.

Meanwhile at a stream not far from there T.W and Hakeru were discussing the events of yesterday.

Hakeru: So are you ok?

T.W: Yes why-oh yesterday. I feel a lot better now, the memories still haunt me sometimes but thoughts of you and everyone else outweigh it now.

I'm glad Hakeru said.

Just then Pashmina and Penelope were walked up them.

Hey you two, how have things been? She asked

Fine they both said.

Penelope and I were thinking of going down to the stream soaking our toes would you like to join us?

No thanks I'm fine right here said T.W

Me neither said Hakeru.

Suit yourself come on Penelope

Okwee!

As they left from there Hakeru realized something.

Hakeru: Oh Susan!

T.W: What about her?

Hakeru: She left school 3 hours ago, I have to get home!

She raced off not thinking to stop or turn back

Meanwhile at the same time Susan was searching for Hakeru, she noticed that by her cage she left traces of dust and what looked like small bike marks along on path. Recognizing Hakeru's tracks she followed them until she got up this hill.

The tracks stop here I hope she's near by she said.

Susan: Hakeru! Hakeru where are you?

Hakeru could hear her screams and got louder when she got closer to her.

(Thinking)

Hakeru: I'm coming Susan I'm so sorry I worried you like this.

Hakeru was running at great speed but she slipped on some sticks and smashed her foot into a rock.

Ouchi!

Susan heard that squeal half a mile away.

Susan: Sounds like someone's hurt, I'm coming Hakeru wait for me.

Susan ran as fast as she could to see her beloved hamster friend lying there unable to move.

Susan: Hakeru no!

She ran out to her hoping the damage was not too great.

Oh Hakeru I'm so sorry If hadn't left the window open you wouldn't be-

Just then she heard someone coming up ahead.

Susan: I'd better hide.

Susan hid behind a large bush where she couldn't be seen but se Hakeru.

T.W and others raced up to Hakeru worried that didn't move.

Susan: Other hamsters? Could they have hurt Hakeru?

T.W: I think she twisted her ankle. Someone get the first aid kit from my backpack?

Hamtaro: I'm way ahead of you.

T.W: Thanks now let's get her propped up on that tree stump over there.

Susan watched in amazement as the hams placed her on the stump and began healing her wounds.

Susan: There not hurting her, there helping her.

Somebody get my soapy water exclaimed T.W

I've got it right here said Cappy

He took his tweezers and picked up a cotton ball dipped in the water and cleaned her wounds as he had done before.

Susan: Is this a miracle?

Soon they had her propped up and was as good as new. She finally woke up to see all her friends around, well almost all of them.

Hakeru: You did it again T.W you always know how to handle things.

T.W: I just did what any friend would do.

Susan was speechless she couldn't believe what she was hearing or who she was hearing it from.

Susan: I know this isn't a dream but it doesn't feel real at the same time. Grandma ounce told me that she had a special connection to Hakeru is this what she meant?

Susan knew that Hakeru was in good hands so she left for home with a light heart.

Boss: Hmm? Hiff, hiff, hiff.

Hamtaro: What are you sniffing?

Boss: I don't know I kind of smell a cross between a hamster and human. But it left not long ago.

T.W: I hope you'll be more careful now let's get

So they all escorted Hakeru safely to Susan's house thinking they beat Susan home.

They placed her in her cage and left as the door opened.

Susan walked up to Hakeru all come as if nothing ever happened.

Susan: Welcome home Hakeru did you have a good day?

Hakeru was much tiered from sprinting and her bad ankle, her fur was being gently stroked.

At the screen door in the far wall of the room Hamtaro and friends were looking through glad that she was all right.

Susan then looked that way and said-

Ok I know your there please come inside.

Its okay my mom's not home yet and my dad went shopping.

The hams were shocked Susan knew they there all along but lured them in so they couldn't run.

Slowly they came inside not knowing what to expect

Susan set Hakeru down in front of her friends and they were still kind of shocked.

Now I want to know who you are, talk I know you can.

A long pause hit then it broke when Hamtaro said-

Hamtaro: Uh hi Susan.

Susan: I really heard that.

Boss: Hey you're the one I smelled from the trail.

Hamtaro: Are you sure Boss?

Boss: Positive.

Susan: I wanted to thank you for saving Hakeru she's very important to me.

Oxnard: I can't believe she understands us.

Sandy: It's kind of freaky but in a good way.

Hakeru: You inherited your grandmother's gift; it seems the gift to understand each other was handed down from her to you and possibly your mother.

Susan: I don't know if this is a dream or a miracle.

Howdy: I'd opt for a miracle.

This is so cool Susan said.

I kinda wish Laura and I could talk like this Hamtaro

Thought.

Susan went up to the hams and gave them all a big hug.

Thank you for helping my Hakeru and keeping her company.

You won't have to worry we can just keep this between us, I promise just as long as you look after Hakeru and we can all stay good friends.

Thanks Susan I'm glad we had this chat Hamtaro said.

I am too and if you ever need my help for something just ask me.

We sure will Boss said.

But silly me!

If were all going to be friends could I know your names.

Sure!

Introducing-

The amazing

Ham-Ham Gang!

With Hamtaro!

And Oxnard!

Boss how ya doing!

Pashmina and Penelope!

Okwee!

I'm Sandy just watch my stuff!

I'm Stan watch me dish it out.

Panda at your service

Cappy hats away!

I'm Howdy! That's Dexter.

Hey I can say my own name!

And our newest members-

T.W and Hakeru!

Wow! You sure know how to put on a show exclaimed Susan.

Just then a car pulled up into the drive. A woman came out of the car and was headed towards the doot.

That's my mom you'd better go.

Susan went over to the door and opened it.

I'll distract my mom while you make your escape.

Thanks Susan everyone exclaimed.

Bye everyone I'll see you at the clubhouse tomorrow! said Hakeru.

The hams snuck out the door and through the yard while Susam was talking to her mom.

Hi mom Hakeru came home!

That's great where was she?

Uh she was in the yard the whole time, she got her ankle hurt but someone applied bandages to her.

I wonder who they were?

I know who there are my new secret friends she thought as she and her mother went inside.

FIN

This is how it ends but I'm thinking of changeing it please help me make the ending work better with the rest of the story?!