Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Love Battles on the Floor Again ❯ The Crew and I pt2 ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"With a third of the Comets down, me second ten minute break was all about planning." Jam continnued his story after the hams had their bathroom break. "I decided to grab a cold drink as I startined to think about how I would face the nexd two challenges ahead of me. Thre crowd also seemed to chang their views on me as well, which helped a lot. 'Two down, four to go, this won't be easy.' said Jam.
The Comet Crew were also deciding on how to take Jam down. 'I'll give him credit, he sure seems confident now.' said Trav.
'You see, looks are always a deception.' said Noah. 'You can't jdge a book by his cover.... or in this case, its cloak.'
'Well that cloak is coming off.' said Ice. 'I'll face him next and we'll see how well he fares against me.'
Keep watching over me, Heat. I'm doing this for you." Jam thought.
"You know, you sure sound like a chivalrous ham, Jam." said Boss.
"I just don't forget my friends, even when they are lost."
"So what happened after your break?" asked Panda.
"Well, I stepped up to the floor with much more confidence. 'I'm glad you guys are enjoying my competitive spirit. This means a lot to me, you know.' said Jam.
'That's nice, but it's time to change the pace here.' said Blossom.
'Meh, I'll keep my cool head, thank you.'
'Really, then let's find out just how cool you can stay.' Ice said and she stepped up to Jam.
'So who might you be?'
'I am Ice, Princess of the Arctic.'
'...Interesting. So what do you have in store for me, majesty?'
'I'm going to test you to see how cool you can remain. But before we go on, I wanna see my adversary, so please to be removing your cloak.'
'Okay, sure.'
 
"With that I took off my hood and showed them who I was. Ice was shocked to see that I was the breed that I am. 'Little Miss Chilly' changed the pace of things as far as getting past her, because she didn't choose the same route as the rest of the crew. No..... my face-off against Ice was Nonstop."
"Nonstop huh, I never tried that mode." said Hamtaro.
"What is Nonstop mode?" asked Cappy.
"Nonstop mode is pretty much how it sounds. You chose a theme which has its own preselected songs and you go through each one continuously, withought having to catch a breather."
"Sounds tough." said Pashmina.
"They were, especially since the songs she chose had plenty plenty chaos to them.
'Well now, let's see how cool you really are.' said Ice.
'That was a bad pun.' said Jam.
'That wasn't my intention.'
 
"Just this once, I decided to put the freeze on, to match her theme and off the round began."
 
====================================================
 
Before I go on, I would like to pretty much give you guys some insight on where this story will go. Just like in the prequel, I'm going to have you guys vote on who should go on in the new battles just like in "Love battles on the floor" so everyone gets to say their piece. Before the battles take place, send in your reviews who you would like to see go onto the next round. Just like before, you'll decide their future fates. Also, I would like to thank my peeps for still sticking with me this far. Remember, this is for you guys, what what you guys think. Now on with the story and thank-q for you patience... which is virtue.
 
====================================================
 
"The first song wasn't too bad, but it was frustrating since I had the freeze on. I would hit the note but sometimes, I would have to sacrifice the freeze to hit another step. 'If you keep this up, you won't make it to the next song.' said Ice.
'I'm glad you're concerned about me.' Jam said.
'Don't be cute.'
'Of course not, I just have lots of charm.
"That, you do have." said Pashmina.
"Thanks Pashy. Anyway, I barely made it out of the first song. 'Man that was a little too close.'
'It's over, you're finished,' said Ice, 'but at least you took out a third of us, so be a proud loser.'
'Someone didn't learn from Pinky, well we'll see.'
 
"Sadly, Ice was right, I couldn't recover from it much and I was struggling. I already knew I lost, so I just decided to keep going and take my defeat. 'Only a miracle can save me now.' said Jam.
'Nothing can save you, you lost.' said Ice.
"That was when it happened..."
"A miraculous comeback?" asked the girls all starry eyed.
"She messed up, big time?" asked Hamtaro.
"Nope, the power went out." Jam answered.
 
All the hams fell over. [LOL ^_^ ] "The power went out?" asked Cappy.
"You lucky little shit!" yelled Sparkle.
"That exactly what Yami said." said Jam. "Man, you couldn't believe how mad Ice was.... and I don't blame her. She had me beat too, I'll admit it. I took a deep breath and sighed. 'Oh well, I guess I better tell her that I lost so she doesn't get mad any further.' Jam said with his head held down.
 
After the power turned back on, Jam addressed Ice. 'Okay princess, you win.' said Jam. 'I'll admit it, if the power didn't go off, i'd have lost.'
'No way, I'm not taking such a fluke for a victory.' said a still POed Ice. 'You're not gonna use the pity route to escape a beatdown, we're starting over.'
'I thought to you guys that a win was a win, no matter what?'
'Just cause I was about to beat you and the power went out to save your hide, doesn't mean this is over.'
'But-'
'Look. Sure I can take this victory, but it won't have any merit. You can come back next time and face me and say, 'The only reason why you beat me last time is because I was gonna lose and the power went out before my defeat.' If you think I'm taking that, then you've lost it, now get up here so we can start over.'
'But I-'
'I don't need a power outtage to beat you, I can do it on my own.'
'Fine then, we'll start over."
"Well, at least you're honest, Jam." said Stan.
"Yup, but she wanted to prove that she could beat me, so we started over.
 
"This time, though, I turned the freeze off and faced her ham to ham."
"Yeah, you rock." said Cappy.
"Nope, I roll. 'This time, a power outtage won't save you.' said Ice.
'Are you sure you wanna do this?' Jam asked. 'You could just-'
'I said we're starting over!'
'As you wish, m'lady.'
"So we started over again, but she chose a different song theme. Our nonstop match was a good one, out steps were matched, but I notice by the way she was hitting the beats that Ice was still mad. On the last song, she still didn't take my advice on freezing over, and it cost her at the very end of the final song. She lost as I completed the last part. 'Oh well, I guess I really couldn't win after all.' said Ice and she started to cry. 'It's not fair, I should've won.'
'I told you to take the victory I gave you, but your competitive spirit told you to do it the other way.' said Jam. 'I repect that and am sad for you, but after that incident, you not only melted, but you also boiled to steam. For someone who refers to herself as an Ice Princess, you really need to keep your cool better.'
'I guess you're right.'
'So get up and wipe those tears, besides, it's just a game."
"Is this the part where Yami and Noah scold you about this not being a game?" asked Panda.
"Yup. But I just brushed it off and took my ten."
 
*
 
"So Jam, who was next to get beat?" asked Cappy.
"With half of the team gone, Blossom decided to test her skill against me." answered Jam. "Of all the Comet Sisters, Blossom is the most graceful, as she tends to be incredibly light on her feet. She literally slid on those steps. To be honest, she thought that Ice had tired me out and decided to test my skill as well. The first song had a japanese symbols to it, so I didn't know what the song was. 'Let's see if you can chain properly.' said Blossom.
'Okay.' said Jam.
'Good luck, and stay great.'
 
"I didn't know what she meant by that, but I soon found out as the song began. As we stepped through this song, Blossom and her graceful running of the floor made sure every step she took was perfect or marvelous. There was the occasional great, and that was rare. Such form in her steps, though she doesn't seem like it, Blossom is pretty formidable. Jam thought. She's gonna be tougher than I thought.
'You have too many greats, my rival.' said Blossom. 'You won't win with them.'
"And she was right. Sure I got a 'B' rank, but Blossom... 'SS' rank."
"Double 'S' rank, whoa." said Pashmina. This could be a problem for me, even I can't get that high of a ranking.....
"Blossom must be totally skilled." said Sandy.
"Next, she chose a favorite of mine, Hero... only it was speed x4. Also, she set it up so it was on vanish. But that was one I know by heart, so I put mine on memory."
"So how does memory work?" asked Pepper. "We all know about vanish?"
"On memory, you don't even see the notes, they don't even show up, it's like dancing to the stage blind."
"That's some kind of skill, sugar."
"Yup. And you get more points on memory as well.
 
'You must really be desperate to go all out like this.' said Blossom.
'No, there is only one thing that can counter grace, and I plan on using it.' said Jam.
'I'm from Missouri, so show me.'
'Does everybody use a variation of that pun, geez?"
"Yes, many people do use it." answered Maxwell.
"Thanks.
 
"Anyway, Blossom was still hitting everything perfectly, however, grace can't do anything when it comes to memory. Not only was I making the chain, every step I made was marvelous just about. 'That's not possible, even I'm not that good.' said Blossom.
Jam just sang to the steps. 'Dah dee dee dah dah, you are my he-ro. Dah dee dee dah dah, oh whoa-oh. Dah dee dee dah dah, you are my he-ro, dah dee dee dah dah....'
'Noah, we can't let him take us to that song.' said Yami.
'I agree, that cannot pass.' said Noah.
"When the scores came up, we both had the 'SS' rank, but my score was higher. That, and I only had three perfects, the rest was marvelous. The crowd was on their feet now. 'You can't be real.' said Blossom.
'But I'm all real.' said Jam. 'One can be as graceful as possible, but a strong memory beats all. And since it's my turn to pick, hope and pray my other song from memory isn't on here.'
 
"So I searched the list and then I found it... not the song that I was looking for, but an even worse one. I chose it and headed to the settings, which I left mine alone. 'Pick, your poison, Blossom. I'm about to pluck your petals.' said Jam.
'Oh boy...' was all Blossom could say.
'Brother, I'm back.' Yami rejoined Noah's side. 'Which song did he pick?'
'Speed Freaks,' answered Noah. 'And he plans on doing it from memory.'
'You can't be serious....'
'He is.'
'This is bad, brother. Blossom may be graceful, but even she can't keep up with this song.'
'Hope and pray.'
'She's finished.' said Trav.
'I hope that grace of yours has speed to it, because this isn't for the slow." said Jam.
 
Jam walked over and switched the machine to Speed Freaks. "Now I want all of you to watch how this song works, because there are three blitzes in it."
"Right." said Stan.
"It's not so bad, I actually like the music to this one." said Pashmina.
"Just watch and listen, Pashy. This isn't all that it's cracked up to be. 'Is this the best that this song has to offer? No sweat.' said Blossom.
'Yeah,' said Jam, 'well here comes a blitz, so let's see how well you fare."
The hams saw the first blitz. "Sweet mother of pumpkin pie." said Pepper.
"Damn, that's nasty." said Stan.
"That would give me a heart attack." said Oxnard.
"And you did this from memory?" asked Boss. "You really know how to bury someone in steps."
"Why did you do this one for?" asked Hamtaro.
"Three reasons: To test Blossom's gracefulness at speed; To see if Blossom could chain it all; and to send a message to Yami and Noah that when I mean business, that I mean business. 'Damn, I'm worn.' said Blossom. 'That blitz was a bitch.'
'Too bad, there are still two more blitzes left.' said Jam.
'Two more?!'
'Show you rye.'
'That's not good.'
'I hope your brothers are taking notes...'
 
"After a while, the second blitz came and it was worse than the first as you can see."
"Holy..." said Sparkle.
"Man, remind me not to get on your bad side." said Boss.
"I'm sure glad you didn't have me and Boss do this song, Bijou." said Hamtaro.
"I don't want to kill you." said Bijou.
"Did Blossom make it through this blitz, Jam?" asked Dexter.
"Nope." answered Jam. "And Blossom was in shock. Yami had to come and take her from the floor. 'You're next, buddy, so be prepared to lose.' said Jam.
'What's that last blitz like?' asked Yami.
'It's coming up, so take notes."
The hams saw the final blitz and their chins dropped. Oh yeah, definitely keeping off Jam's bad side. thought Boss.
 
"Wow, You guys look like your jaws are about to fall off." said Jam. "That's exactly how I left everyone at that day. Except for Blossom, when she saw this blitz, she fainted." Jam had a hearty laugh. "Don't get it wrong you hams, I scored an 'A' on this stage and the judges gave me a twenty minute break after it."
"................................................................ ................"
"Are you guys okay, you aren't frozen, are you?"
"There is now way in hell you could've done that song from memory and gotten an 'A' on it. That's just not possible!" exclaimed Stan.
"I did, Stan, I did."
"You can't be from Earth." [Hmmm, which ham should I have say this? Whatever ham the reader thinks. XD ]
Jam fell on the floor laughing in tears.
 
 
I'm sorry you guys, I can't finish the rest of this. I'm still laughing that my kidneys hurt. XD LMAO, Review!