Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Love Battles on the Floor Again ❯ The Crew and I pt3 ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Okay, let's have some announcements: First off, to those who go to mediaminer and look at my stories, Love and Breeding is completed so enjoy your reading pleasure. Second, if you haven't read it already, The Hamham's Lament is done, but if you aren't prepared for the last chapter, it will disturb you like it did another reader. There is powerful mythology in its setup. Third, keep an eye out for the story, "Stronger Without You" peeps, as it will be a little bit of that "Drama fo yo Mamma" deal. If it sucks at first, bear with me, I'm not the dramatic type. I'll only say this preview, it's a Sandy/Maxwell story. Finally, don't vote for tournament winners until it's time, peeps. I know you're all anxious to get there and yes it's on it's way. I have to find another disk to save it on because this story might take up the rest of the space. Now with all that said and done, please remember to save and breed your hamsters. Now on to more Comet Crew beatdowns.
 
"Jam, are you okay?" asked Hamtaro.
Jam was still on the floor crying and laughing in tears. "Me... not from Earth..... make it stop." he cried as he laughed.
"If you're done humorously losing your mind," Sandy began, "I would like to totally hear the rest of the story, Jam."
"Okay... okay... it's not funny anymore." Jam finally sat up and gained composure. "Now where was I... Oh that's right, I remember now... After the break, I stepped up to the floor and Yami and Noah came to greet me. 'Well, come on up here, you can't be scared now...' said Jam.
'No, not at all.' said Noah. 'But this is where your journey starts to end.'
'I'm impressed.'
'Relax dear brother,' said Yami, 'while he had his break, I thought of the perfect plan. Just watch how effective it works.'
'You better know what you're doing.' said Noah.
'Of course I do.'
'Take him down, Yami.'
 
"And Yami stepped up to the plate. 'Yami huh? You sure don't seem like it to me.' said Jam.
'You dissing my name?' asked Yami.
'Of course not, you just don't seem like the type of person to have such a name like that. Das all.'
'How so?'
'Well, Yami means 'Dark' or 'Darkness' and you seem more like the positive type. But, I could be wrong.'
'Well, I've learned one thing from you, Jam; I've learned that even you can't repeat your own judgement."
"Lemme guess, Yami chose Speed Freaks as the first song?" asked Stan.
"Show you rye, and Yami wanted to see if 'lightning strikes twice in the same place' as he so put it. 'I thought that you would've learned from your sister's mistake.' said Jam.
'I have.' said Yami.
"And the song began. Yami quickly and easily filled up his guage and started to work on slowly wittling down mine."
"Blah, blah, blah, get to the blitz."
"Stan?!" everyone yelled.
"We already heard about this song, get to the blitz."
"Stan, that's rude." said Pashmina.
"Rude, but it makes a strong argument." said Jam. "Anyway, during the first blitz, Yami proved that he learned as the first half of that blitz he hit marvelously, which really put a major dint in my guage. Man, this isn't kosher.... Jam thought. If this keeps up, i might not be around for a while.
'Hah ha, look who's lost his energy." said Yami.
"That not nice." said Tango.
"I just shrugged it off. 'It'll take more than that to stop me, I don't drop like a rock on one of my songs.' said Jam.
'No, but your guage sure did.' said Yami.
 
"He really tried beating me with mind games and trash talking, but I only used it positive mannerly, turning it into fuel for guage building. Believe me, Yami came close on many an occasion to draining my guage. And even though I was tired, I still managed to SAVE my guage. 'And just how long will this go on until you just give up and let your guage empty?' asked Yami.
'Once you lose.' Jam answered with a gasp of air following his response.
'Your loss...'
"I was able to get my guage back in shape for the second blitz. Yami took seven straight boos and started going great. At this point I was only trying to stay until the end of the song."
"Yami sounded really tough." said Panda.
"Yes, but I also noticed that Speed Freaks was also taking its toll on Yami. 'Look at whose pooped out now.' said Jam.
'I'm not the only one.' said Yami.
'I know you don't mean me, I just got my second wind.'
"Little did I know, I actually got it just in time for the third blitz. Yami couldn't get through this one though, as he guage drained. But I was also drained, but kept on going."
 
"So you finished the song?" asked Cappy.
"Nope, the power went out again. however, that wasn't the only blackout....."
*
 
"When I reopened my eyes, I saw that the EMTs were dealing with me. I had passed out during the power outtage. 'Hey, are you okay?' asked the paramedic.
'Yeah, just needed a breather.' Jam answered.
'I knew you couldn't do it twice.' said Yami.
'You whiner. Youre guage drained before the power outtage, therefore, you lose.'
'True, but if the power didn't go out, you'd have collapsed in the middle of the song... and you have to finish it in order to move on.'
'Figured you'd say something that cowardly. You're just mad that the thunderbolt repeated itself. Just admit that you lost.... or are you as stubborn as Ice over there?"
"Yeah, you tell em' who's boss, Jam."
"Cappy?!" everyone else yelled.
"Oopsie, got caught up in the moment. Go on, Jam."
"So after I had my break, which was on the oxygen tank, up to the floor I stepped. And of Course, Noah was there to greet me.
 
'I must say, you really had me astounded.' Noah began. 'I knew you weren't what you looked and you've proven that theory. However, this is the end of the line.'
'Ah, that is so true.' said Jam. 'But, now that I made it, I want to make sure I have a good time.'
'Good time... This is war, and war isn't fun.'
Jam shook his head. 'That's the difference between you and me, I know that this is only a game.'
'This is more than just a mere game. Prepare to go down."
"He's got lots of issues." said Sandy.
"He's really locked up tight." said Stan.
"Tighter than a virgin pussy on Sunday morning." said Howdy.
SMACK! "Next time, you'll taste metal across your mouth." said Boss.
"Geez, it was just a joke-"
"Well it was uncalled for."
"Okay, Jam. Not to be the pooper of this tale, but can we skip to the part after you beat Noah?" asked Cappy. "It's starting to take too long, this story is."
"No way, I wanna hear this part." said Pashmina.
"No shorcuts." said Tango.
"....Moving on," Jam said, "Noah set up the challenge mode. Challenge mode is pretty much like nonstop, but there is one very inportant difference...... life. Your guage is starts out at full and every time you miss, the guage goes down. Even with successful hits, the guage only goes higher after you finish a song, and then it only gives you half. This was pretty much a test of seeing who could survive all eight songs with a higher grade. Since Cappy is so anxious, as a rotting apple, I will say it like this: Noah was tough and we both made it through, but I ended up with a better grade by one perfect note."
"I bet he was really mad." said Stan.
"He was, and was very close to throwing a tantrum."
"Okyoo, okyoo, okwee?" asked Penelope.
"Yes Little One, after the Comets presented me with the ribbon, they also handed me one of their shirts and asked if I wanted to join their crew. 'I'll pass, thanks.' Jam answered.
'Pass... why?' asked Yami.
'Because you guys take this way too seriously, especially how you all battled me, I saw it. But don't worry, it's just a game."
 
"You should've joined them." said Hamtaro, maybe they wouldn't be so bad like they are..."
"True, but they just didn't get it." said Jam. "It was later that day, that I saw my words were true. Not even three hours after our matches, they were on the floor with their intense training. All six of them were upset, and their steps showed their anger. All of this I found out by simple observation of them. 'Can you believe the nerve of that guy? He turned our offer down!' Yami saw very mad.
'He'll pay for picking such a messed up song against me.' said Blossom.
'I'm not pink, I'm radical red.' said an angry Trav.
'That Jam is really foolish. calling this a game.' said Yami. 'This is no game, it's a field of battle.'
'So true.' agreed Ice. 'That Jam will pay.'
'Enough, I am tired of hearing that fool's name.' said Noah.
'Then what are we gonna do she we hafta mention his name?' asked Trav.
'From this moment forward, he will be refered to as 'The One' my brothers and sisters.' said Noah.
'Understood.' said the rest of the Comets.
'And when next we meet on the floor, we shall see that this insult goes unanswered.'
'Yeah, that rookie beat us so badly, it's not fair.' said Trav.
 
"I just left and kicked it for the night. As the morning came, I went to catch some mackleberry malt when I saw a very POed Noah with a crumbled newspaper in his paws. 'These damn tabloids, they mock us.' said Noah.
'Yeah, we didn't get slaughtered like they have in print.' said Trav.
'Bastards, the media is a pack of sniveling, false pretense using hounds. I can't even read this trash without getting upset.' said Yami.
'Look at this crap, it makes my blood boil.' said Dandy Lion. 'Where is my Crazy Blade at?'
'We left them remember?' reminded Ice.
"I tailed it without being noticed to find a paper and man were the Comets right. The tabloids just turned a simple task into a total onslaught of things. I didn't wipe the floor with the Comets, beat them each yes, but dominated them, not at all. The paper and the other forms of media said it like the Comet Crew didn't even stand a chance. Because of this, they were ridiculed by almost everyone. It's sad how the media can tarnish your reputation.... especially since the ball of the pen can slice the thickest blade."
"So very true." said Snoozer.
"And that's the story folks. So, let's get you hams on the floor."
"Yeah." cheered all the girls.
"You guys go on ahead, I'll go last." said Maxwell.
"No problem." said Hamtaro.
 
Maxwell returned to his room with all his books and readables. "Man, that was a very interesting story Jam said to us." he said to himself. "I wish I had that much stamina."
"That wish would actually come true if you actually worked on it." said Jam.
"Wah, you scared me."
"Okay Max, what's the real reason you don't get on the floor?"
"I get on the floor, it's just that I go last."
"You haven't been on that floor ever."
"That's not true! I've been on the floor, it's just that I'm still beginning on it."
"So you mean to tell me that after all this time, you're still considering yourself as a novice dancer?"
"Yeah."
"..... Let's go."
"But I have work to do."
"It can wait." Jam took Maxwell's wrist and walked out to the floor with the bookworm. "Hey, clear the floor you hams, Maxwell's going first."
"But I'm in the middle of picking my song." whined Stan.
"Get off the floor."
"Okay, I'm going."
"Jam, what are you doing?" asked Maxwell.
"Get up there, Max, you're gonna run that there floor now." Jam answered.
"But it's on hard."
"No excuses, Max. and since the song's on Black Cat, you can do that one."
"But it's on hard."
"If Penelope can get an 'A' on this song on hard, then so can you."
"Will you please tell me why I'm doing this?"
"You said you know how to step on these floors, so prove it to me. that, and since you not an intermediate like the rest are at least, it time you leveled up."
"But Jam-"
"Pay attention, the song's starting."
 
Maxwell just sighed and moved to the song. It was over in fifteen seconds, "Are you happy now?" asked Maxwell.
"Nope." Jam answered, "I heard you whine about it on hard, so you're going to play it on easy."
"You must be joking."
"No, I'm quite serious, now let's move."
 
Maxwell then played Black Cat on easy. Since the first song on easy doesn't let you fail it, Maxwell had no choice but to play it through. After he was done, he had a nice fat 'F' for a grade. With that seen, Jam walked away from the floor. "You can step off of the floor now, Max." he said. "Stan, reset it and take your turn."
"Sure dude." said Stan.
"Hey Sandy, I just wanna say that you should think about breeding your kids with Yami. Maxwell has proven his worthlessness to me, so it's not wise to fancy him any further."
"Jam, this behavior of yours is very uncalled for." said Boss.
"What is uncalled for is a dishonest heart. Maxwell clearly said that he was a novice at this game when he has shown that he's never even stepped foot on any floor in his life. What Max and Sandy are about to find out was that I witnessed the whole event of when Yami and Max were at Sandy's the other day. If Max plans to make an ass of himself in trying to beat Yami come tournament time, then let him do it on his own. It's obvious that he wants no help from me, let alone anyone else on how to run these floors.
 
"Maybe it he put less attention into those books and more time in on practicing, he probably would have some merit.... but I guess that's why he cowars behind all those books. Good Luck in your match when it comes, Max. The gods' help is all that you could hope for."
 
With that, Jam left the clubhouse and many other hams confused. "I'd ask, but I don't think I want to know." said Hamtaro.