Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Stronger Without You ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The next morning, Maxwell woke up with tears in his eyes. Not because he was in pain, but because he didn't get much sleep. No more games... Sandy and I have to find a reeasonable way to work this out, and I'm not going to be free from this burden until that's happened. Maxwell reached for his book where he left off and continued to read it.... and it was here that it hit him. "Whoa. 'Carla, I don't give a damn about how much you hate me, but this is my daughter as much as she is yours.'

'Raymond, if you think that I'm going to let you into MY daughter's life after what you did, you're our of your damn mind.'

'I will have my daughter, even if I have to take extreme measures to get her.'

"Wow, Raymond is really enraged at Carla about this. It sorta seems like Sandy and I, only we have a son and not a daughter." Maxwell continued to read. "Late at night, Raymond snuck into Carla's house without tripping the alarms and headed straight for his daughter's room. He looked around then took her from her crib, then left the house unnoticed. All the while he had one thought in his heart. My dear Sydney, regardless of how much your mother hates me, I am your father, and I have the same amount of rights to raise you as your mother.

"With that, Raymond took a deep breath. 'So, you actually went as low as kidnapping your own daughter?' asked the prosecutor.

'I had no choice.' Raymond answered. 'I'm not saying that I'm the best father in the world, I could be the father from hell, but it's not fair for the mother of your child to keep your own kid from you, as if you never existed.' Raymond began to cry. 'It's not like I'm an unstable man, I'm not crazy, I just wanted to be with my daughter. After I found out she was born and Sydney's mother said I would never see her again, it brought me to tears. I tried to set it up so we could have joint custody and I visitation rights, but she refused. I tried to make this work by even giving her child support, Carla wouldn't take the money I'm giving to our daughter.

'It's not fair, I tell you!'

'That doesn't give you any right to break into her house and kidnap your own daughter. Have you no sense?"

Maxwell began to cry. "Raymond said, 'If you were in my place, if you were me, a stable man that tries so desperately to make things right, to make all the wrongdoings you made to your family, to your own child right, and your wife won't even let you see what your own child looks like, what would you do? I don't care if she hates my guts, I just want to see... and hold... and know my own daughter. There was no other way I could make it right, it was the only option left. Can't you guys see, I just want my daughter....."

Maxwell closed the book and chucked it away. I feel for Raymond, it's sad how Carla would jusst erase him from Sydney's existence. It's not fair to him, or to his daughter..... And Sandy wants to do the same to me for wanting to see Rick. I... have no other choice now... no other options. There's only one thing left for me to do now.

Well peeps, it looks like good ol' Max is starting to get desperate now. Send your piece peeps, lemme know what you want to happen next.