Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ The Quest ❯ Coffee Run ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Twinkle, twinkle, no reviews.It's not that hard, let me tell you. Just type what you think, type what you like, and it'll make me feel so bright! *tear, tear* (I know, really corny, but I'm desperate.) Enjoy!
________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________
When Hamtaro arrived he was the only one there, besides Boss, who was brewing a cup of coffee.

Boss: "Hey! Pull up a chair! I'm making FRENCH," he emphasized that word," Vanilla java for today. What do you think?"

Hamtaro: " I - ," he began to respond.

Bijou: "I think it zounds absolutely scrumptious," Bijou pronounced as she appeared through the door.

Hamtaro gasped aloud, he just couldn't hold back. As she stood in the door the light morning sun cast a beautiful glow across her body, and she shone. Positively shone. Nothing could compare to it. Beauty radiated from her. Hamtaro was taken aback.

He wandered to the attractive creature before him. He took her paw in his.

Hamtaro: " Bijou,I... you look stunning," Hamtaro marveled.

He was flabbergasted.It was no longer no longer just a silly crush. He was deep down into it- love. He was infatuated. Knew he that after this day he would never be the same.

She flushed scarlet.

Never.

Boss pushed the traitor aside. He was furious at Hamtaro, FURIOUS, but he had to appear humble in front of his love. "My fair creature of the dawn, bliss is mine today, for being honored in thy presence." Boss kissed her hand," I made that up myself. I guess you could just say," he looked away for emphasize," that I have a poetic soul."

" That's lovely. But it sounds so familiar," Bijou commented. She paused for a moment, as thought scanning her brain, then shook her head out of the trance.

" That's the mark of a true artist," raved Boss, tossing aside his attempt at humbleness.

Hamtaro was not so easily fooled, unfortunately for Boss. He knew why Bijou thought the line sounded familiar. "The Soul of Poetry", third book over on the second shelf on the bookcase only two feet away. What kind of fools does he take us for? Hamtaro wondered.

" Please, take a seat my darling," Boss tendered, motioning his hands for the private table on the outskirts of the space.

She gracefully sauntered to her seat. Boss came over with two filled - to - the - brim mugs of brew, and also plopped down in a chair.They were soon engrossed in friendly conversation.

Other Hams slowly filtered in throughout the morning. Pashmina, Sandy, and Penelope started a friendly competition of Leap Frog. Soon everyone joined in, except Hamtaro. He sat near the bookcase ( usually Maxwell's crib, but today he was having too much fun with Sandy ) flipping through " The Soul of Poetry." Occasionally he would glance up at the couple sipping a beverage, trying as hard as physically possible to hide his jealous heart.

About 2:00 he noticed something odd about Boss's behavior.He still talked normally to Bijou, but he slowly, very slowly, was leaning in towards her. It got to the point were their noses were almost touching when Bijou started to lean back, away. It was clear she was uncomfortable.

But Boss would not be shaken. He just kept going in, until Bijou was at the point where she couldn't go back any farther without looking impossibly rude.

Hamtaro seized his opportunity. Acting on impulse, he ran to the coffepot, pulled it off, and raced back over to the two Ham's table.

" Would... you like... a refill?" Hamtaro panted, still gasping for breath from his coffee sprint.

Boss's eyes were fire. Hamtaro knew he had toed the line. He'd ruined Boss's one chance of what he'd always wanted. Hamtaro would now have to watch his back at the clubhouse.

Luckily, in Bijou's brilliant eyes were relief. She gazed meaningfully toward Hamtaro. " Merci, my little knight in shining armor," Bijou answered.

He filled up her cup. " I have to go," Boss grudgingly said as he left the table. Hamtaro replaced himself in the seat.

" You honestly do not know how much zat meant to me, my Ham Hero," Bijou flowed.

"It was nothing," Hamtaro blushed.

" Oh my goodness! It is nearly 2:30! I must head home! Ouvair my friends!" Bijou spoke. She then ran out of the clubhouse, Hamtaro watching her every beautiful move as she left.
_________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
Well, what did you think? Thank you to all my true reviewers, you're what keeps me going. I dedicate this chapter to them. I salute you!


Converting /tmp/phpuuIdXk to /dev/stdout