Happy Lesson Fan Fiction ❯ Happy Lesson: Swiching Tides ❯ The Bet of the Century ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

In the Hitotose household Chitose and his moms are spending time together working on a project that involves on why animals can only adapt to their own natural environment and no any other environment until…
 
Girl: (Falls down and through the roof to where Chitose and his moms are at) Ow. That is the last time I ever use parachuting to reach a house.
 
The moms look at the girl like “what the hell is going on?” The girl has glasses with pale skin wearing a yellow shirt that says “90% Angel” with blue jeans with her hair coloration brown with orange highlights.
 
Yayoi: May I ask who are you?
Girl: I'm Kate and is this the house of Chitose Hitotose?
 
Chitose: Kate? Is that you?
 
Kate: Sure is! Nice to finally see you in person!
 
Mutsuki: Chitose. Who is this?
 
Chitose: This is Kate. She's my online pen pal.
 
Kate: And I take it that all five of you are his mothers?
Satsuki: How did you know?!
 
Kate: Chitose told me that one day when we were online. Besides he was drunk though…
 
The moms are looking at Chitose with a look that clearly says “You owe us an explanation after this.”
 
Chitose: Okay. Aside that, what brings you here Kate?
 
Kate: I'm here to say: I'm here to challenge you to a bet!
 
Chitose: What?!
 
Kate: What, did you forget or something? You promised that if I ever got here, you and I would do a bet!
 
Mutsuki: What kind of bet is it supposed to be?
 
Kate: It's supposed to be that Chitose deals with my life and I deal with his life.
 
Uzuki: That sounds fun!
 
Kate: (sweat drops) You could say that, except for the loser's part which is being electrocuted alive by Kisaragi's homemade electric chair.
 
Kisaragi: (comes out from trapdoor) (Monotone) What was it about Kingly Throne of Silence?
 
Kate: Chitose and I are doing a bet involving switching our lives. Do you think you can make the electric chair for the loser?
Kisaragi: (Monotone) Alright. (goes down the trapdoor)
 
Kate: (looks at Chitose) Since I know you won't do the things I do and the fact that my parents are out on vacation, I'll have 009 and the others watch you. (Pulls out a red whistle with the numbers 009 on it)
 
Chitose: Shouldn't we talk about this first?!
 
Kate: Nope. (blows the whistle)
 
The 009 cyborgs appear and looks like their ready to fight.
 
009: What's the problem?
 
Kate: I need you help with a bet.
 
The entire 009 team: Not again!
 
002: We told you to call us when things are starting to get dangerous, not for bets!
 
Kate: Hey. You guys still owe me more than anything else since I bailed you out on when you were being framed and we had a contract. Also from saving you're a@#es from being blown into pieces when you asked me to disconnect a bomb you found on your ship!
 
002: (turns to 009) I told you not to contact her.
 
009: Fine. So what's the bet suppose to be?
 
Kate: Chitose and I are switching lives!
 
004: Here we go again…
 
007: At least it not like last time.
 
Kate: Alright, 009. I trust you and your companions will help?
 
009 was about to say something but…
 
002: (covers 009's mouth) Sorry but, we are on a mission saving Europe and we really need to leave bye!
 
All the 00 cyborgs run out of there.
 
Kate: I hate it when they do that.
 
Chitose: Oh. Well I guess the bet's off.
 
Kate: (pulls out cell phone) Not quite! My friend Craig can help! (dials some numbers)
 
(Talking between Kate and Craig)
 
Craig: Hello?
 
Kate: Hey Craig how are ya?
 
Craig: Okay, and how are you?
 
Kate: Okay. Hey I need your help.
 
Craig: What's the problem?
 
Kate: I need you to help me on a bet.
 
Craig: I see… So what is it this time?
 
Kate: Chitose and I are going to switch lives and I need you to watch him since he does have a tendency to skip class, and make him do the things I normally do. Think you can do that?
 
Craig: Sure.
 
Kate: Okay I need you to pick him up at 12:00 at noon tomorrow and don't ruin the escape car like you did last time. You wrecked about forty cars in just one year.
 
Craig: Don't worry, I won't ruin it this time.
 
Kate: Okay. Don't forget and please don't be late!
 
Craig: Fine. Bye.
 
Kate: Later.
 
(Phone conversation ends)
 
Kate: Alright, Chitose. time to pack up!
 
Chitose: But, don't I get a say in this?!
 
Kate: Let's see… what's the word I'm looking for…NO! Now come on! We need to get moving!
 
Satsuki: (drags down a suitcase that has all of Chitose's stuff in there) Right ahead of you. I got his stuff right here.
 
Mutsuki: I called Hazuki and Minazuki to come here. (door bell rings) And I believe that's them.
 
Hazuki and Minazuki walks in.
 
Minazuki: Hey Chitose!
 
Hazuki: Hey Chi!
 
Kate: So these two are your sisters. You're lucky to have two Chitose I'll give that much complement. Okay people these are the rules: #1: You can have one phone call to talk to the party that is taking care of the person that is the participant of the bet. #2: You cannot ask that person directly. The party taking care of the person has to explain that to the other party. #3: If the participant gives up or goes insane, the winner will be given 10,000 dollars or yen and the loser deals with the electric chair. Are we clear?
 
Chitose: Yeah.
 
Kate: Alright.
 
Hazuki: Hey, what do you say we drop Chitose to the airport now?
 
Kate: Okay but, his moms need to stay here. Besides, it may cause a disturbance to the people around us.
 
Chitose: Don't I need a passport or something?
 
Kate: I got that ready, besides, I have a private jet waiting for you.
 
Chitose: Since when did you get a private jet plane?!
 
Kate: Since I saved a rich guy's a#% from being assassinated! Now let's go!
 
-At the airport-
 
Hazuki: See you in week Chi! Have a good time!
 
Minazuki: Bye Chitose. Have a good time and don't forget to write!
 
Kate: (in the background crying) That is so dramatic! (cries)
 
Chitose: This isn't a soap opera you know… So how will I know where your friend is located at?
 
Kate: Don't worry. He is often the type that's looks like he is out of the crowd.
 
Chitose: I'm not even going to ask what you meant…
 
Kate: Well, what are you waiting for? Get on the plane!
 
Chitose gets on the plane and after ten minutes the plane takes off and flies to the U.S. the home of the free and all the different races. (I'm not sure about that, people do often act like they are more superior then others. Oh well…)