Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ All the Things One Person Can Do ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

All the Things One Person Can Do
 
Summary: Hermione holds the past in her hands, but for some this would be considered the future where she is going. Will she keep it the way it is or will she change it? Rated for some extreme cussing.
 
Disclaimer: I do not own the lovely work of Harry Potter. My elves and I just like to play with the characters from time to time.
 
Prologue
 
Hermione Granger sat writing down a letter to the oh-so famous Harry Potter, also known as one of her best friends. She was so surprised to have gotten his letter that morning, since neither Ron nor Harry had tried any form of contact to her before then. Well for that summer at least.
 
She wondered how much that they had changed, because she herself had drastically changed. Although, these changes were steadily showing themselves throughout the years, but that summer had been a great transition for her. Most people wouldn't even recognize her.
 
As everybody thought it would, her hair had tamed massively. Leaving beautiful, soft curls. Since she had spent the summer in Italy with her mum and dad, she had got quite an even tan from endless hours walking to places and lazily relaxing on beaches. She was usually reading on these beaches, but nonetheless she was out in the sun.
 
She had also gotten a new-found confidence that everybody could see just in the way she composed herself. She had also found a whole new side of herself. She was still the ever studious bookworm but she now found time to do things she liked. For example, she found an all new love for rock music.
 
This new love brought out a different side in her. A more outgoing side, one that wasn't afraid to express herself and be different. So accompany the soft curls was a streak of white near the front of her face and a few blue streaks through various places in her brown hair.
 
She had also started to wear make-up. Her make-up consisted of eyeliner and eye shadow. Anything to bring out the most important feature on anyone, in her opinion, the eyes. Hermione wasn't one big on looks but if she had to choose the most important feature it would definitely be the eyes.
 
Her outfits were still contemporary but now her shirts were accompanied by her favorite bands logos. Such as: Motion City Soundtrack, Green Day, My Chemical Romance, The Starting Line, and much much more. And these outfits seem to show off all the right curves that she had finally grown into but these outfits were not too revealing or tight. She didn't want to be considered some low-class slut.
 
She was defiantly out of her six year awkward stage. She couldn't wait to see her friend's reactions to her changes.
 
She wouldn't have to wait too long to see their reactions either. Harry's letter had asked her to come to the former Black House, which was now that base of operations for the Order, in about five days.
 
This was at the request of Dumbledore. This was so that she had to catch up with everyone, what the Order was doing, and so that she could be taken to Kings Cross with selected Order members. This was so they could ensure the safety of the children.
 
Hermione was excited to say the least. But she waited all day to write back because if she had to wait all summer to hear from them, then they could wait a couple of hours to hear from her. She wasn't exactly mad, but she was a tad agitated. So she waited until after dinner to write back.
 
After Hermione had finished, she re-read her letter one last time.
 
Harry,
 
It is nice to finally hear from you. I asked my mum and dad about coming to stay at Grimmuald for a week before school and they said that, that would be a lovely idea. The were reluctant to sending me to school with a war looming right over the horizon but they feel somewhat better knowing I will be in good hands. So I will see you in five days.
 
Always you friend,
Hermione.
 
P.S. A lot of changes happened this summer.
 
With feeling happy about her letter she attached it to Hedwig's leg. (Who had been waiting all day for her to write back.) After finishing tying it to Hedwig's leg, Hedwig flew out the window without her even telling him who it was for.
 
Hermione then felt the effect of the day on her and a sense of tiredness swept over her. So she quickly got ready for bed and collapsed onto her bed. Sleep quickly took over her. She fell asleep with a smile on her face and her white streak glistening in the moonlight.
 
000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
 
A/N: Um... well I should tell you what I changed in JKR's story to make mine. Ok well Sirius is still alive. (Whoo!!!!) And Dumbledore is obviously still alive. (Double whoo!!!!) There was no attack on Hogwarts yet. Voldemort has made several attack on muggles and muggle born's alike, but nothing to serious. He is kind of hiding right now, and gaining power. So I hope you like my story so far. Review please.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
3