Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ All the Things One Person Can Do ❯ Seen a ghost? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

All the Things One Person Can Do
 
Summary: Hermione holds the past in her hands, but for some this would be considered the future where she is going. Will she keep it the way it is or will she change it? Rated for some extreme cussing.
 
Disclaimer: I do not own the lovely work of Harry Potter. My elves and I just like to play with the characters from time to time.
 
Chapter 1: Seen a ghost?
 
When Harry had received the letter from Hermione, he was happy to say the least. He hadn't talked to her all summer and now he would be seeing her in about five days.
 
He was somewhat confused with her last statement, “A lot of changes have happened over the summer.”, as was Ron. They had no idea what it meant. The soon dismissed it though, because this was Hermione. She probably meant school work, and they really didn't want to think about that.
 
So Harry and Ron spent most of their time with Sirius and Remus. Doing anything from talk to playing some pranks on other residents. Remus did not condone to the pranks, so he had a few played on him.
 
Dumbledore would always just chuckled. Remus would make no move to stop them either. For he knew they should have their fun while they still could. He knew once the war really took action they would have to grow up very fast.
 
Finally the day Hermione was arriving was only a day away. Harry and Ron were very excited. Ron's face would always go bright red at the mention of her. It always made Harry laugh.
 
They weren't exactly sure when she would arrive. They just knew that Dumbledore made it so Hermione and he could be the only ones to apparate directly into the house. Only for that day, though.
 
<><><><><><><><>& lt;><><><><><>
 
Hermione was a little nervous to be seeing all of them again herself. She didn't know how they would react to her, since she had changed.
 
She was still excited nevertheless. She had decided to leave before anyone would be up. Her parents had said their goodbyes last night. So around 4:30 in the morning Hermione apparated to number twelve, Grimmuald Place.
 
She landed in the living room, so she hulled her truck and Crookshanks' cage up to her room.
 
After she got herself situated she decided to go down to the study to read before the others got down. She found a good book about runes and set herself in a cozy place by the window.
 
While she read she saw the sun rise. It reminded her there is still beauty in the world, even in a world where danger and uncertainty lurks around the corner.
 
Hermione sat by the window reading until she heard movement upstairs. She decided that she would make them breakfast as a surprise. She knew she had awhile until the person came downstairs because shortly after she heard the movement she heard the shower turn on.
 
Hermione was actually quite surprised to see that the fridge was very well stocked. So Hermione set off to make breakfast.
 
When the shower had turned off she had already made pancakes, sausages, bacon, toast, French toast, and eggs. (a/n: Damn… they must've taken a long shower.) She knew all too well that if you set food in front of Ron, Harry, or Sirius that you better have a lot if anyone else is o have some.
 
She heard someone coming down the steps when she heard a familiar voice call out, “Molly, I didn't know you were coming!”
 
The voice belonged to none other then Sirius Black. When he came into the kitchen he stopped dead in his tracks when he saw Hermione. He looked as if he had seen a ghost.
 
Hermione stood there uncomfortably under his gaze.
 
“Hermione?” He asked, as if in disbelief. Then Hermione was broken from her standing there uncomfortably “spell.”
 
“Of course it's Hermione, who else would I be?” She replied happily before running up to him and hugging him. He hesitantly hugged back.
 
When she pulled back he looked at her as if his eyes were lying to him.
 
“Um… Sirius would you like some breakfast? I decided to make breakfast as a surprise to you guys. Since I haven't seen you all, all summer.”
 
“But Hermione aren't you sup-“ At that moment Dumbledore appeared from the back door of the kitchen, effectively cutting off Sirius.
 
“Hermione, it is nice to see you again. How was your summer?”
 
“Oh, it was so much fun! I spent it in Italy with my mum and dad. We had loads of fun,” Hermione said excitedly.
 
“Well I am glad you had fun. We all missed you,” Dumbledore replied, “And Sirius are you going to eat flies with your mouth hanging open or are you going to eat some of this delicious looking food Hermione has prepared for us?”
 
At that moment Sirius' mouth snapped shut, which had been hanging open the whole time.
 
“Dumbledore could we have a word in private?” Sirius uncertainly asked while still eyeing Hermione.
 
“Of course, Sirius.” Then Dumbledore turned to Hermione. “Ms. Granger would you please set nine places at the table?” And with the flick of his wand the additional chairs appeared.
 
Hermione simply nodded before Dumbledore and Sirius left the room.
 
While setting the places of the table Hermione couldn't be anything but baffled at Sirius' reaction to her. She knew she changed but wasn't that reaction just a little over the top.
 
If Sirius' reaction was that bad just think how Ron and Harry's will be.
 
With that thought a sudden nervousness crept over her again. That was the second time that it happened that day. She started to wonder how many more times she must endure that feeling, since it was only early in the morning.
 
 
Just as Hermione was groaning to herself at that thought Sirius and Dumbledore returned to the room.
 
“Good job Ms. Granger. Why don't you go wake up the others before the food gets cold.” The usual twinkle in Dumbledore's eyes was shining brighter but before Hermione could think further on it Sirius spoke up.
 
“Why don't I help you, because I know Harry and Ron can be utter prats when waking up?”
 
“Okay, I'll wake up Ginny and Remus then.”
 
“Okay, let's get to it then.” He said while grinning madly. Hermione couldn't help but smile back.