Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ All the Things One Person Can Do ❯ Not a Girl, A Women ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

All the Things One Person Can Do
 
Summary: Hermione holds the past in her hands, but for some this would be considered the future where she is going. Will she keep it the way it is or will she change it? Rated for some extreme cussing.
 
Disclaimer: I do not own the lovely work of Harry Potter. My elves and I just like to play with the characters from time to time.
 
Chapter 2: Not aGirl, A Woman
 
A feeling of dread took over Hermione with every step she took. She kept thinking back to Sirius' response to her and she wondered how her other friend's responses would be.
 
All of Hermione's thoughts were interrupted when Sirius spoke.
 
“Hermione, you looked wonderful and I know everyone else will think so also.” Hermione smiled at this comment.
 
“Thank you Sirius. I was worried you all would be disappointed in me,” Hermione admitted.
 
“I am not at all disappointed in you and why would I be. You do whatever makes you happy and I will be happy.”
 
Hermione stopped in her tracks and turned to Sirius with a smile. She then hugged him tightly. Sirius returned her hug this time.
 
While letting go of Sirius, Hermione spoke. “Thank you so much.”
 
“I like to give pretty young women compliments, especially if I get hugs like those afterwards.” Sirius then gave a devilish smile.'
 
Hermione blushed. “Sirius Black, are you flirting with me? I don't think your godson would approve,” Hermione said playfully.
 
“When did I ever need permission?”
 
“Since I said so. And speaking of your godson you should wake him up. So get to it.”
 
“Fine mother.” With that said Sirius turned around and went in the direction of Harry and Ron's room. Hermione just laughed quietly to herself before setting off the wake Ginny and Remus.
 
<><><><><>
 
Everybody else's reactions to Hermione went quite well. Well everyone but Remus who had the same reaction as Sirius, but Dumbledore soon came to the scene and had a word with Remus. Remus returned with a smile on his face and everything went back to normal.
 
Molly and Arthur showed up for breakfast. Molly was surprised to see breakfast already made but when she saw Hermione she ran up to her and pulled her into a tight embrace.
 
“Oh Hermione! You look wonderful! I love you hair! How was you summer? Did you have fun?” Molly just rambled on with her questions.
 
Harry went up beside Hermione and said, “Mrs. Weasley I am sure Hermione is hungry. How about over breakfast you can ask Hermione all your questions. We also don't want this wonderful looking breakfast Hermione made for us get cold.”
 
“Of course! That sounds wonderful.” Molly then headed for the table.
 
“Thanks Harry. I didn't know if I could handle her.”
 
“Your welcome, I know how Mrs. Weasley can get. And Hermione, you really do look good.”
 
Hermione's face brightened and she smiled at Harry. He returned the smile before they set off to eat breakfast.
 
Hermione was bombarded with questions from everybody, asking how her summer was, what she saw, was it nice, and of course Ginny's question, were the any cute boys.
 
Finally when everyone was finished with their questions and they all set into a comfortable silence Hermione took in everybody's appearances.
 
Ginny had grown into a beautiful young woman. Her hair was now down to her mid back and she had grown all the right curves.
 
Harry hadn't really changed. He was taller and now had muscles from practicing his favorite wizarding sport, Quiditch. This was all the same for Ron. He was even as tall as Harry, if not a little taller.
 
Sirius no longer had the haunted look over his face and he was no longer pale and thin. He had gotten his muscles back and he looked full of life.
 
Remus basically looked the same as did Molly, Arthur, and Dumbledore. Since none them really grew anymore nor had not been able to go outside and just relax with out having people chasing after them.
 
As Hermione was looking around the table her eyes caught with Ron's, who was looking at her also. They stared for a few moments before Ron quickly looked away.
 
His face turned bright red. Hermione softly chuckled. She knew of his crush on her and she had a crush on him also but she was waiting for him to make the first move.
 
<><><><><>
 
“Would you like some company?” Asked the familiar voice of Remus to Hermione while she sat at her favorite place in the study looking out the widow.
 
Hermione turned to look at him with a warm smile on her face before saying, “I would love some.”
 
Remus just say down next to her on the window seat gazing out the window. They sat in comfortable silence until Hermione decided to talk.
 
“I tend to lose myself when I look out the window. I try to figure out how so much life could be going on with a war going on. I try to think on how people could go on their everyday lives when people are dying. Then I realize, life goes on, no matter what you do or what is happening. So it's best just to live everyday as best as you can because tomorrow will always come, bringing more surprises. Whether they are good or bad, we will never know but that shouldn't stop you from living.”
 
Remus looked over at Hermione; she was still looking out the window with a calm look on her face. He wondered how this girl could be so young but also be so very wise. Then it hit him, she wasn't a girl anymore. She was a woman.
 
Hermione turned her head and met his gaze. She smile softly before standing up and leaving the room.
 
At that moment Remus knew that, that was the same Hermione he had known long ago.
 
<><><><><>
 
After everyone had gone to bed Sirius and Remus sat in the kitchen with glasses full of fire whiskey. They say in silence for awhile until Sirius began talking.
 
“Somehow I always knew. I just did.”
 
“ I guess I didn't want to accept it. You told me for years you thought it was her,” Remus said while looking at nothing in particular.
 
“Yeah, I did, didn't I? Well what are we going to do now?”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“Should we tell her? I mean she has a chance to change it all. James and Lilly may still have chance to live. Don't tell me you don't want that for them.”
 
Remus looked into Sirius' eyes and knew immediately he was right. “We should tell her, but not right away.”
 
“Why not? She can change it all!”
 
“Well, I know that we still have about three weeks before she goes back. I know that date be heart,” Remus said while gazing down into his cup of fire whiskey.
 
“Yeah, I remember it too. But we should tell her some things before we tell her she's going back. Like how and when James and Lilly's parent died. What happened with Peter. So she knows how to change it all.”
 
“That sounds like a good idea. But you know I wish I could go back and change it all also,” Remus replied with a contemplative look.
 
“Why do you say that, she'll change it for us.”
 
“Because there were so many things left unsaid on my part. I'm not sure if the younger me has enough courage to say it this time.”
 
“The same can be said for me. I always loved her you know.”
 
Remus chuckled. “That's exactly why so many things were left unsaid for me.”
 
“I don't know what you mean. How could me liking Hermione stop you,” Sirius asked with a quizzical expression on his face.
 
“I always knew you did, that's why I put my feeling aside so you could win her heart. Then she was gone and we both never got the chance.”
 
“Well that's why we're going to warn her this time. Then maybe, one of us will get the chance.”
 
They both just stared at their glasses. The Sirius picked his up and drank his half full glass in one gulp. After the burning sensation went away he said, “There's so much to tell her. Do you think we have enough time?”
 
“I don't know, but that's why we'll start tomorrow.”
 
“Then a before she leaves we'll tell her that she is going back. I hope she doesn't try to stop it.”
 
“She won't. I talked to her today. She is very wise beyond her years. She'll understand. I know she will.”
 
Sirius picked up the fire whiskey bottle and poured himself some more. While doing this he said, “Yeah, you're right. But what should we start telling her first?”
 
“Wormtail, it all started with Wormtail.”
 
“That low-down bastard deserves to die. We should tell her to kill him.”
 
“No! That will get her in Azkaban. Do you want that for her?!”
 
“No, but what else can she do?”
 
“She'll think of something. She is a very smart girl.”
 
“Remus, you're wrong,” Sirius said while looking down at his glass. Remus just sent him a questioning glance.
 
“She isn't a girl, she is a woman now. Something has had to have happened over the summer to have made her grow up entirely too fast.”
 
“Something did happen. She finally realized this is a war, a real war. When I realized it you were being sent to Azkaban and Lilly and James were dead.”
 
“Yeah, you're right. I just wish she could have had more of that childhood she deserves.”
 
“Don't worry, she will. She is going to be spending her seventh year at Hogwarts with the Marauders.”
 
Sirius laughs. “Oh yeah. Then she'll definitely have that childhood.”
 
“Yes, she will.” With that said they both sat in peace for a couple of minutes before retiring to bed.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1