Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Along Came A Potter ❯ The Safe House ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Along Came A Potter

xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

Summary: Kira Madsen became Kira Potter on her 16th birthday. When she meets her brother and learns of her true heritage, will she be able to help his fight? And what will Harry have to say about the man she deems worthy of her love? Kira? HarryGin, RonHerm, Post HBP

xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

Disclaimer: Oh how I would love to own Harry Potter . . . but I’m not Jo so don’t turn me in!

xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

Authors Note: And here we have the second chapter! This chapter will bring everyone together so I hope you enjoy it! Please review!

xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX x

Recap of Last Chapter:

“Let me see here.” The minister stated while looking at the paper on the desk in front of him. “It says here that although you came to us as Kira Madsen, your real name is Kira Lilly Potter.”

xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx XxXxXxXx

Chapter Two:

xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx
Kira was sitting in the office of Arthur Weasley in the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts Office. Earlier that day, one of the minister’s secretaries had brought Kira to Arthur’s room and introduced the two of them. She had been silent since, as he finished up his work.

Arthur took a pause and looked up from his desk to the young girl before him. Kira opened her mouth as if to speak, but then closed it and shook her head as if to erase the thought. Arthur smiled to her.

“Is there something you need to ask my dear?” Arthur questioned her. She paused before she spoke.

“I... I’m not sure really. I don’t quite understand why I’m here.” She said with a small smile.

“Well my dear, your brother lives with my wife and some of our children. As such, you will be living with us as well. Molly and I are excited to have you in our home.” He replied while moving papers around on his desk. “What do you say we go ahead and go home, so that you can meet Harry eh? I’m pretty much done here anyway.”

“Yeah, okay... that sounds good.” She stated before standing with Arthur.

xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX x

At the Burrow, Molly, the four youngest members of the Weasley family, Harry and Hermione, sat in the kitchen and watched as Arthur walked into the house first, followed by a girl who looked almost like a female version of Harry. Her pin-straight raven hair fell just a few inches short of her waist, she was only a few inches shorter than Mr. Weasley, bringing her to around 5'7". She carried a small lanky frame, and if one looked close enough they would see the same green eyes that her brother and mother were so famous for.

Arthur reached behind Kira to close the door and then turned to his family. “Well then, everyone this is Kira, introduce yourselves to our guest.” Mr. Weasley smiled as his wife was the first to move forward.

Molly pulled the girl into a tight hug and smiled at her as she pulled away. “I’m Mrs. Weasley, but you can call me Molly deary!”

“Nice to meet you Molly.” Kira smiled to the warm, motherly woman. Harry was still staring in shock, despite the fact that he knew that she was going to be coming, he hadn’t expected her to look so much like himself. Noticing that no one else was moving Hermione was next to introduce herself. Then Ginny, the twins, and Ron did the same. Finally Kira turned to Harry and the two stood still, taking in the appearance of each other, seeing their own features in the other. After a moment, Harry walked up to the younger girl and smiled at her before pulling the surprised girl in for a hug. Kira hugged him back, for the first time in her life feeling as if she belonged somewhere.

When Harry pulled out of the hug he still had a smile on his face as he began to speak. “Not that I think you need to be told but, I’m Harry.”

Kira smiled back at him but began to seem a little overwhelmed. Harry noticing this, ushered her into a chair near the table so that she could sit down. The rest of the room’s occupants caught on and sat down as well.

“Wow, this is so - weird.” Kira stated softly while looking around the table to all of the people.

“Yeah, I know. I wish they could have found you sooner. I would have loved to have had a sister around when I was growing up.” Harry smiled at her.

“I know, I just don’t understand how I ended up in Canada of all places.” Kira stated while shaking her head.

“To be honest, no one knows. No one even knew that your parents had another child.” Molly said to the young girl. She herself had been wondering how Kira got to Canada.

“Hey Kira, when did you find out that you were a witch?” Harry asked with a questioning glance.

“On my sixteenth birthday. That was when the Hogwarts quill wrote my name in the book as well, it had never been there before, or so that’s what Minerva tells me.” Kira shrugged.

The group sat around talking for a couple of hours, everyone getting acquainted with Kira and her doing the same. Her and Harry had seemed to click instantly, they had the same mannerisms and sense of humor so things went well for them. She also found a good connection with Ginny. Which was a good thing since the two were going to be in the same year, and most suspected that when Kira was sorted they would be in the same house.

The room went silent as a knock came at the door. Arthur got up from his seat and went to answer the door. He was greeted by the sight of Remus and Tonks. The rest of the room stood up to great their guests as the two outside the door entered the house. As Molly prepared to introduce the two to Kira, Remus took notice of the girl who was standing a few feet from him.

“Kira.” Her name softly escaped his lips and all eyes in the room, including Kira’s, turned on him. Reums took the few steps forward that it took to get to her swiftly and enveloped her in his arms. Kira stood rather stiff not really knowing what to do. Remus pulled away and Harry looked at him strangely from where he was standing beside them.

“How.... how did you know about Kira?” Harry questioned.

“I... you had better sit down.” Remus stated. “We all should sit down.”

Everyone in the room looked around before they took their previous seats, Remus sat with Kira to his left, sighing deeply before he began.

“I guess I should say that Sirius and I were the only ones, that I know of, that knew that your mother had even been pregnant with Kira. She was born at home with just your parents, Sirius and myself present. She was only a couple of days old when your parents were attacked.” Remus took a pause as to let the information sink in. “I... I had thought that she hadn’t made it through the attack, I couldn’t find her anywhere, nor did Hagrid find her, as I asked him later.”

“This is even weirder than I thought.” Kira said while shaking her head.

“I should also tell you that when you were born, I was named as your Godfather.” Remus added. Kira looked around for a minute and then tried to stand. As she stood she became slightly dizzy and as the room began to spin, she began to fall over. Harry’s seeker reflexes came in handy as he caught her before she hit the floor. After they were sure she was okay Molly spoke up.

“Oh dear, kids, why don’t you take her up to Harry’s room so she can get some rest by herself , this has been one big day for her I’m sure.” Molly smiled as the five youngest occupants of the room began to make their way out of the kitchen and toward the stairs.

After they had gotten her upstairs and Harry had placed her down on the bed, the group began to wish her a good night.

“Well, I suppose we’ll just leave the two of you to talk for a little while longer.” Hermione stated as she pulled on the sleeves of Ginny and Ron who were at her sides.

“Thank you guys. It was really nice meeting you all.” Kira smiled.

“Any time.”

“Great meeting you as well.”

“Yeah.” Were the three replies given. Afterward, the three left the room, leaving Harry and Kira alone in the dusty, previously unused room.

“Wow, this was a crazy night huh?” Harry smiled to her as he sat down beside her on the bed.

“Yeah. When I was told about our parents, I always wondered how I had got away. I was hoping that someone would know, but I guess not.” Kira shrugged.

“It is strange to not know all of what happened that night. I think it was probably something that Dumbledore knew about but hadn’t gotten the chance to tell me.” Harry said with a far off look in his face.

“Dumbledore?” Kira looked at him confused.

“He was our headmaster before McGonagall. He was murdered before this summer, that’s why it’s kinda solemn around here.” Harry stated. “He was the only wizard Voldemort ever feared.”

“Oh. So, what are you going to do about Voldemort?” Kira asked almost shyly.

“How do you know about all of that?” Harry asked as his eyebrow began to cock slightly.

“McGonagall told me everything before she brought me here. She wanted me to know what I was going to be dealing with once I was here.” She answered.

“Well, I do suppose that will save me from explaining a lot.” Harry answered.

“Yeah, this is not going to be a fun year to become a part of the magical world.”

“No, I imagine that it won’t be. I’m going to let you get some sleep though, Molly tends to wake us up early around here.” Harry smiled at her.

“Okay. I’ll see you tomorrow then?” Keira questioned him.

“Yeah. Oh, and you haven’t to worry about Voldemort here. This is a safe house. He would have a bloody hell of a time trying to get into here.” He smirked.

“Okay. Goodnight Harry.”

“Night Kira.”

xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx XxXxXx

Author’s Note: And there was chapter two :D I hope you all enjoyed it. Know that this story will probably be pretty long... I’ve got enough material for about 25 or so chapters.

xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX xXx

Chapter Quotes:

“I know, I just don’t understand how I ended up in Canada of all places.” Keira stated while shaking her head. ----- this will be explained later in the story.... much later.

“Yeah, this is not going to be a fun year to become a part of the magical world.” ----- Hehe, just wait until you get to school girly... I’ve got plenty of delightfully evil things planned for you :D