Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Along Came A Potter ❯ Off To Diagon Alley ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Along Came A Potter

xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

Summary: Kira Madsen became Kira Potter on her 16th birthday. When she meets her brother and learns of her true heritage, will she be able to help his fight? And what will Harry have to say about the man she deems worthy of her love? Kira? HarryGin, RonHerm, Post HBP

xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

Disclaimer: Oh how I would love to own Harry Potter . . . but I’m not Jo so don’t turn me in!

xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

Authors Note: Thanks everyone for reading... I’ve been spending a lot of time on ‘Harry Potter Lexicon’ online to learn things about the wizarding world that one does not pay much attention to while reading the stories for plots. A lot of my details in this chapter, such as the inner workings and details of Gringotts come from this website. I highly recommend anyone who wants an accurately detailed story to go to this website and do some research. It is an awesome website :D

xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

Recap of Last Chapter:

“Night Kira.”

xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx XxXxXx

Chapter Three: Off to Diagon Alley

xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx< br>
The next morning Kira woke up to the feeling of gentle shaking coming at her shoulder. As she woke, her eyes opened slowly to reveal a blurry vision of Ginny. As her eyes began to focus, Ginny’s shaking ceased and she smiled down at her.

“Mum told me to let you know that she has breakfast ready if you’re up for it.” Ginny said with her smile still intact.

“Hm... okay, I’ll get changed and be right down.” Kira replied groggily as she pulled herself up into a seated position.

“Okay, see you downstairs then.” Ginny replied before turning to leave the room, closing the door behind her. Kira pulled back the covers of the bed before standing and stretching. She softly padded to the other side of the room to where her bags sat. After quickly changing her clothes into a pair of low rise jeans and a fitted tee shirt, she pulled her long raven locks into a low ponytail as she walked to open the door of the room.

She walked down the stairs to find everyone else seated at the table, waiting on her. She blushed and smiled sheepishly as she sat down in the available seat between Ginny and Harry. “Sorry.” She stated as they began to eat.

“No need to be sorry dear.” Molly smiled at her brightly. “Just eat your breakfast.”

The room was a whirl of hungry teenagers and two parents as the food disappeared swiftly. When they finished their meal Kira turned to Harry to pose a question.

“Um... when exactly do we go to this school anyway?” Kira questioned.

“You children will be leaving in three days. Today we will be going to Diagon Alley to get your school supplies.” Molly answered her, without giving Harry the chance.

“Okay. Sounds fun.” Kira smiled.

“Alright boys. Move it upstairs and get changed so that we can leave.” She noticed around her that Harry and Ron were still in their pajamas and that she and the other two girls were the only ones of the children who were fully dressed.

As the boys got up to go upstairs a knock came at the kitchen door. “I wonder who that could be.” Arthur stated as he raised from his chair to answer the door. He pulled the door open and to his surprise, Headmistress McGonagall was standing there. “Hello Minerva, won’t you please come in?”

“Of course Arthur, hello to you as well.” She smiled faintly as she followed Arthur through the door.

“Hello Minerva, to what to we owe the pleasure?” Molly questioned the headmistress.

“It seems as though I have something for Kira.” Minerva replied as she walked toward said girl. “I found this in my office today when I was sorting through some of Dumbledore’s old things.” She handed the girl a small sized envelope that looked like it had seen better days. It had began to brown with age and the corners were tattered slightly. It had ‘Kira Potter’ scribed across the front of it.

Kira took the envelope from the outstretched hand. She stared at it for a moment, wondering why if Dumbledore had known about her that he wouldn’t have told Harry. “It’s pretty heavy for such a small envelope.” Kira stated as she turned it over in her hand.

“Well why not open it and find out what it is?” Harry said from behind her chair. He was leaning up against the back of her chair looking over her shoulder.

“I planned on it.” She replied back while rolling her eyes, making Ginny laugh. Kira pulled the flap on the envelope and reached her hand inside. She pulled out an old looking metal key. She pulled it up to her face and inspected it, flipping it to view both sides.

“What’s it to?” Kira asked.

“May I?” Minerva questioned holding her hand out, waiting expectantly.

“Sure.” Kira replied, handing the key to the older woman. She stared at the woman as a look of surprise came over her face.

“That’s a Gringott’s key.” Arthur stated softly.

“That it is. However, it’s not the same as Harry’s, which means that…” Minerva started.

“It means that our parents had two vaults.” Harry interrupted.

“Correct. So one must wonder, is there an equal value of money in Kira’s vault or is it something entirely different.”

“Well, we were planning on taking the children to Diagon Alley today, we’ll just have to stop at Gringott’s while we’re there.” Molly stated.

“Very well. Please let me know what’s there… I’m very dumbfounded about the whole thing. I’m still trying to figure out how and what Dumbledore knew about Kira. It’s very odd for him to have not told someone what was going on.” Minerva stated with a small frown.

“I’m sure we will find out more as time goes on.” Arthur stated.

“You’re probably right. Oh the other thing I came for. I need to speak with Hermione and Kira in private if that is at all possible.” Minerva said while looking at both of the two girls.

“Okay, the boys need to be getting changed anyway. You three may go into the living room.” The two girls got up and began to follow the headmistress into the living room as Molly finished her sentence.

Once into the living room the two younger girls sat down on a brown overstuffed couch that was placed up against the wall, as Minerva sat down in a pale tan chair that sat across from the couch.

“Now, the reason I wanted to speak to both of you is because what I am going to ask you to do Miss Potter is the same thing that Miss Granger has done in the past. For you to be able to start out with the normal sixth year lessons, you will first have to learn the five years before this. I will be giving you the aide of your own tutor, as well as a time turner.” Minerva paused to take a breath.

“What is a time turner?” Kira asked.

“A time turner is a device that will allow you to go back into time so that you can go to several classes during the same hour period. It essentially allows you to be in three or four places at one time.” Hermione answered. “I used one back in our third year so that I could take extra elective classes.”

“Okay so, how will I be able to keep up with everything?” Keira questioned.

“Your tutor will be given a list of all the things you need to know. Some days you will go to some of the other classes, other days you will go see your tutor and they will teach you everything you need to know. The first month of school you will learn the first two years, the next month you will learn your third and forth year. The third month you will learn the fifth year and anything else you need to catch up on. Once you’ve got all of that someone from the ministry will administer your O.W.L.S. Then you will start your sixth year work.” Minerva stated, she watched as the two girls looked between one another.

“Wow, this is going to be a lot of work.” Kira stated.

“It will be. But lucky for you, you have the two girls with the best marks at Hogwarts in your newly extended family.” Minerva smiled, Kira cocked her head to the side slightly confused. “Hermione and Ginny.”

“Oh, right. Sorry.” Kira smiled sheepishly.

“That’s right and Harry’s pretty bright too, so I’m sure you’ll be fine. We’ll all help you out.” Hermione smiled.

“That’s very good to know.” Kira said letting out a breath of air she hadn’t really been aware she was holding.

“Well, I shall let you two girls get back to the others so that you can get to your shopping.”

“Thanks.” Both girls smiled.

“Oh and Kira you will also be sorted into your house with the other first years. The others can explain the houses to you before you get there.” Minerva smiled while standing up and starting to leave the room. “I shall see you girls in a few days.”

“Bye Headmistress McGonagall.” Hermione said with a soft smile, the words sounded almost foreign.

“Goodbye girls.”

xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX xXxXxXx

The group reached Diagon Alley with only a few small moments of confusion where Harry had to explain to his sister the use of floo powder. They decided that the group would all go to Gringotts Wizarding Bank, as they were all curious as to what lie in Kira’s vault, and once that was over with, they would split into two groups and do their shopping.

As they reached the front doors of Gringotts they came upon a goblin dressed in scarlet and gold. He nodded his head to acknowledge Harry, who was in the front of the group, and the group stood momentarily deciding a plan of action. Kira stared at the goblin for a moment, this being the first time she‘d ever seen one, before she realized that staring was rude and she turned her gaze from him.

“I think I shall wait out here with ours and Hermione, and you can go in with Harry and Kira.” Arthur stated to his wife as they waited at the doors.

“That sounds fine. You know this may take a while with all the security they have put up though right?” Molly questioned him.

“Bill is here, he will get you through all of the goblins extra security swiftly.” Arthur said while nodding his head as if agreeing with himself.

“Okay then. Let’s go you two, we’ll be back shortly.” The older woman smiled while ushering the Potter children through the door that the guard goblin was holding open. They walked in to face another set of doors, though these doors were silver instead of the bronze of the first. There stood two more guard goblins, and as the trio approached them they opened the silver doors to allow them access.

Keira stared on in wonderment as she gazed upon the sight before her. She was in a long hallway with counters going all around the outside edges of the room, with what must have been nearly a hundred goblins sitting behind the counter.

She noticed that there also must have been at least twenty people going through different kinds of security checks and she wondered for a moment if Molly was right and that it would take them hours before they could reach the vault.

As this thought crossed her mind a tall, lanky man who wore his long red hair in a pony-tail walked towards herself, Harry and Molly.

“Hello mum, what are you and Harry doing here?” Kira heard the man, who she figured must be one of the Weasley’s older sons asked.

“Hello Bill. Harry and I are here with Kira to take her to her vault.” It was as if at these words Bill noticed the lean girl who was standing behind his mother.

“My apologies for my manners. I’m Bill Weasley.” He smiled to her while sticking out his hand as if to shake hers. Without thinking Kira replied to him.

“Kira Potter.” She smiled while returning his handshake. He stared at her for a moment and looked between her and Harry and then realized that they did look a lot alike. His mother noted his questioning glace as both of them returned their hands to their sides.

“We’ll speak on it later Bill in private, but yes, they’re siblings, and apparently Headmaster Dumbledore knew about it as he had a envelope in his office with her name on it and her Gringotts key. Which is why we are here. She wishes to see what is in her vault.” Molly answered.

“Okay.” Bill said while scratching his head momentarily. “Um, let me get Griphook and we’ll be able to go right in.”

“Thank you.” Kira said softly. He smiled at her and then turned from them, but not before gesturing for them to follow him. They began to follow him and the siblings fell behind Molly momentarily and Harry took his chance to speak to his sister.

“I should have said something before. Because we know there had to have been a reason for you to be hidden, until we get to Hogwarts or unless one of us introduce you to someone, perhaps we should be a little light on the Potter thing.” Harry softly whispered to her as they followed the two redheads ahead of them.

“Okay. That’s fine with me.” Kira smiled. The group soon came to a stop in front of the desk of a small goblin who peered over his spectacles at the group.

“What do you want Weasley?” The goblin asked almost rudely. Kira was a bit taken aback but soon heard her brother whisper to her that goblins were not the happiest of creatures.

“I just wanted your acceptance for me to take this young lady down to her vault.” Bill stated.

“Do you have a key?” Griphook asked turning his hard glare to Kira.

“Yes.” She stated while holding it up. He motioned for the key, Bill nodded to her so she handed the key over to him.

“Very good. Vault 686, the vault of James Potter. I won’t ask how you acquired it as you are with the only living relative of Mr. Potter, so he must be okay with you opening his father’s vault.” Griphook looked at them skeptically.

“Our father’s vault.” Harry stated softly. “She’s my sister, but if you would please keep that between us Griphook.”

“Of course Mr. Potter, anything you ask. Well, as this vault only requires a key and not the touch of a Goblin, you Mr. Weasley may take them down to the vault. Do you also need to visit your own vault Mr. Potter?” Griphook questioned. Harry had been getting low on money so he nodded his head. “Very well then, I will mark that down as well.”

xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx XxXxXx

Their first stop was Harry’s vault so that he could grab some coins before he forgot about it. When he opened the vault door Kira was surprised at the amounts of gold and silver that was before her. Harry took out a small sack and put some of the money into it.

“Think you’ve got enough in there?” Kira asked jokingly as Harry continued to put money into the bag.

“Well, I kinda thought that if your vault turns up empty, you might need some too.” Harry said as he turned to her with a smile.

“That’s awful thoughtful of you dear.” Molly stated from behind them. Harry shrugged his shoulders.

“It’s just money, and it belonged to our parents so it belongs to her as well.” Harry stated making Kira laugh a bit.

“Lucky for me, you have a good heart.” Kira stated softly.

Within minutes Kira was standing in front of a huge door with the letters ‘686’ written overtop of the large door. She waved Harry up to stand beside her and she pulled the key back out of her pocket. “Go ahead and open it Kira. It should not harm you at all.” Bill stated.

“Shouldn’t eh?” Kira smiled softly. She placed the key into the lock and turned it softly. You could hear the lock at work, gears twisting and turning to unlock itself. She and Harry moved to the side and allowed to door to swing open. Both were shocked at what they seen.

If Kira and Harry had been expecting more mounds of money, they had been dead wrong. Inside the vault was a large brown wooden chest, situated in the middle of the room. The two looked at each other and then they walked to the chest. They both knelt before it and Harry reached out to open the lid of the chest. It did not open. Harry turned to look at Kira.

“It’s locked. Bill?” Harry turned to the older wizard with a silent question. Bill nodded his head and pulled out his wand, knowing that Harry was not supposed to do magic outside of school. Although he had already turned seventeen, because of his previous bad record with the ministry, he was not permitted magic outside of school until their further notice. Harry moved slightly to the side and Kira followed his example.

“Alohamora!” Bill said while pointing at the look. To his surprise the lock did not open. “Perhaps it is a key you need.”

“Yes, maybe your parents locked it and charmed it so that only the key could open it.”

“But where would they keep the key and how would we find it?” Harry questioned.

“I think I might have an answer to that.” Keira stated softly. “I don’t know where it came from but it was with my files in the ministry in Canada.”

Harry watched as she pulled on the gold chain around her neck and on the end of it was an old style golden key. She took the necklace off and took the key in her hand and moved to unlock the chest. The key fit into the lock and she turned it to the right, hoping that it would open.

And it did.

Molly and Bill stood behind the kneeling siblings as they opened the lid of the chest to find only smaller brown boxes.

Kira reached into the chest and pulled out one of the boxes and opened the lid. Inside she found what looked like to be clothing for a small doll. “I don’t understand.”

“I think I do. I bet that these are things that belonged to our parents that they used a shrinking charm on and then put them in the chest.” Harry replied.

“Why would they do that?” Kira questioned him while putting the lid back on the box.

“Think about it Kira, our parents were in hiding. What if they put things that they didn’t need or things that they wanted to keep safe in here. That would make sense.” Harry stated.

“You do have a point there.” Kira stated. “So, do we take it with us, or leave it here?”

“We’ll take it with us.” Harry stated. “We can take time at school and go through it.”

“Yes, we can leave it with Fred and George while we finish our shopping.” Molly smiled, although every time she thought about them opening a joke shop against her wishes made her slightly angry, she was still very proud of them for their accomplishments.

“Okay. Well, let’s get back to everyone else then.” Harry stated.

Bill offered to carry the chest out of the vaults for the Potter children and before they knew it they were standing outside of the building.

“So what did you find?” Ron asked as soon as they emerged from the building. Hermione gave him a good slap on the back of the head.

“Honestly Ron, learn some manners.” She sighed. Kira laughed at them shortly before replying to Ron.

“All that was there was this chest,” she said pointing behind her to the chest that Harry now carried, as Bill was inside the building, back at work. “but it has a bunch of smaller boxes in it that we believe to be shrunken items of our parents.”

“That’s so cool.” Ron stated.

“Yes. Very well now. We have a long day of shopping ahead of us.” Arthur stated. “Now although I’m sure you two would love to spend even more time together I think this day would be most efficient if we split into two groups by your years. I’ll take the older three and Molly will go with you two girls. Is that okay with everyone?” The children nodded their heads in agreement.

“First though, you lot must take Harry to the boys’ store so he can put that heavy chest away.” Molly laughed slightly.

“Very well.” Arthur smiled. “Off we go.”

xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx XxXx

After Kira and Ginny had finished their shopping for all of their school supplies, they went to Olivanders to get Keira a wand. When they walked into the store Mr. Olivander stood up from behind his desk and walked over to Kira and gave her a funny look.

“I am afraid that for the first time in my life, I do not know you, young witch.” Mr. Olivander stated. Kira looked to Molly who nodded her head.

“I am Kira Potter.” Kira told him with a smile.

“You’re a muggle-born?” Mr. Olivander asked, still seemingly confused.

“No. I am the daughter of James and Lilly Potter.” Kira answered him.

“This is very confusing indeed. You, Kira, are the first witch or wizard for me to never know before they walked into my store. Where have they been hiding you?” He asked rhetorically.

“Canada.” Ginny laughed.

“Hmm well. Let me think of your parents wands and Harry’s too of course, and I’ll pull you out a few. Follow me.” He smiled softly while waving her into the direction of the long hall of wands. As they walked towards the empty wall at the end, she stared up and around herself at the shelves full of long narrow boxes.

As she walked behind the older man, him muttering to himself, one of the brown narrow boxes fell down from one of the top shelves and landed in front of her with a large bang that resounded through the room. Kira gasped and took a step back, her hand swift to move over her heart as she tried to catch her breath from being startled. Mr. Olivander turned around and raised an eyebrow, looking at the sight before him.

“It is the wand that picks the witch, Miss Potter.” Mr. Olivander said with a small smile. “Let’s see if this wand chose you.”

He walked back towards her and picked up the box off of the floor. He set it to rest on a shelf not to far away from himself and opened the box. He pulled the long wand out of it’s box and handed it to Kira. She reached out her hand and as Mr. Olivander began to push the wand in her direction it leapt out of his hand and landed into her own. Kira gasped softly again.

As the wand reached her hand, her body seemed to take on a eerie green glow that extended out into the room around her. The light blinded Kira slightly and made her close her eyes. As the light receded from the room, she reopened her eyes to see Mr. Olivander staring at her with a bit of mischief in his eyes.

“11 ¼ inches, Willow. Interesting.” He said the last part softly, as if to him self.

“How so?” Kira questioned.

“I think you will make a mighty fine witch Miss Potter. You’re just like your brother.” He stated.

“In what way?” Molly questioned, she for a moment wondered if Kira’s life was in as much danger as Harry’s.

“They are both destined for great things. Great things indeed.” He smirked.

xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx Xx

Author’s Note: Hope you enjoyed those ten pages of story! I would really love some reviews to know how you all think I am doing. Also, I know the story is going kind of slow but you all must understand that everything that is happening here is necessary. Back-story is very important… but do not fret my story line tells me that some love is due for our hero’s around chapters five and six.