Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Betrothed ❯ Chapter 15 ( Chapter 15 )

[ A - All Readers ]

They were sitting on the train heading back into London for winter break. Lullia sat between Harry and Draco in a larger compartment than they had planned. Actually it was a surprise. Since Lullia had made friends with the train staff they gave her a bigger compartment so that everyone could sit together. Everyone else outside of their group had just raised an eyebrow and kept walking. It was funny seeing Potter and Malfoy together-let alone in the same compartment with their own friends. Sitting across from Lullia was Hermione who sat between Ron and Zack (Ron across from Harry, Zack across from Draco). Surprisingly enough Blaise sat next to Harry with Julia across from him next to Ron. Fred sat next to Draco while George sat next to Zack. Zack was enjoying Fred and George's company and laughed the entire time. Ginny had decided to sit somewhere else for the train ride home and probably back. She liked Lullia, but not so much Draco and Blaise.
 
In fact, everyone was laughing. Including all Slytherins (onlookers would later say that they were all secretly friends).
 
Fred then leaned down to look over at Lullia. “So do tell Lullia how was the date with John Marko? Exciting? Horrible?”
 
Lullia smiled. Ever since the date with John she hadn't said anything about the date much to Harry and Draco's distaste. She had kept her mouth shut after the long private dinner and wouldn't say anything. John had even kept his mouth shut and just smiled at the questions that would never get any answers.
 
 
 
* * * * * * * * * *
 
 
 
Lullia had gone to dinner with John at eight o'clock and it had been a private dinner. Everyone had seen them going somewhere elsewhere in the castle for dinner and they looked very close. Lullia had been hugging his upper arm as they walked through the corridors. John had been somewhat dressed up: nice pants, shirt, and shoes. His hair was combed and gelled. Lullia had walked out of the portrait door wearing a black skirt with black tights, one-inch high heels, and a lovely blue blouse. She was also dressed up-to an extent.
 
They disappeared for at least two hours. No one saw them walking outside or making out in the usual spots. Some people did hear them laughing in the hallways and smelt some kind of food, but never saw the actual date.
 
John and Lullia now walked back to the portrait door unaware of the onlookers. They stopped in front of Celina who pretended not to listen by fake sleeping. Lullia glanced back at the painting then at John.
 
“Tonight was a blast. I had so much fun. Thank you.”
 
John slightly blushed and ran a finger through her hair. “Me too. We should do it again sometime. After break?”
 
Lullia shrugged. “It depends on if I come back to Hogwarts.”
 
His face dropped, paled. “What? Why wouldn't you come back to Hogwarts?”
 
“Well mostly because of the Prophet. I'm still being judged by it. Also You Know Who is out there…”
 
He nodded. A lot of students were worried about the Dark Lord during winter break. They wouldn't be as safe as in Hogwarts. “Well I hope you come back.”
 
She smiled and nodded. “I'll most likely will. I can't-well..” She trailed off and shook her head. “Never mind. I'll see you tomorrow during class.”
 
Lullia leaned in for a hug, but John quickly kissed her cheek. Out of habit she kissed his cheek back. He smiled.
 
“Thanks again, John. Goodnight.”
 
“Night.”
 
John watched Lullia climb through her portrait door and disappear. He then went down the stairs to his own room where he would brag about kissing Lullia Marcus.
 
 
 
 
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
 
 
 
“It's a secret. Not even a curse could make me tell!” said Lullia.
 
Ron then looked at Hermione. “Is that true?” he asked.
 
Hermione simply looked at him. “Oh, Ron. Of course NOT! Unless she cursed herself on not to tell.” She raised an eyebrow looking back at Lullia.
 
Lullia only shrugged.
 
“I wouldn't be surprised if she actually did though,” muttered Draco. His voice was monotone and sounded serious.
 
They laughed. Fred patted Draco on the shoulder. “Good one!”
 
“Actually I was reading somewhere that unless you really curse someone they wont tell,” stated Julia. She and Hermione now looked at each other. “Have you read that yet?”
 
Hermione nodded. “Yes, back when I was a first year. It's actually quite interesting-”
 
“I bet it is,” muttered Ron cutting off Hermione. He then looked at Lullia. “I heard John put the moves on you.”
 
Hermione's forehead then crinkled and glared over at Lullia. “WHAT?!”
 
Harry and Draco sighed and rolled their eyes. People had seen John and Lullia together and started to spread more rumors. Some said that they only held hands after they're enjoyable dinner. Others said that they made out with the works: groping, hands where they weren't suppose to be. Then there were those that denied everything saying that she was still true to either Harry or Draco and only let John kiss her cheek. The point was everyone confirmed that John kissed her cheek.
 
Julia smirked. “OH yes! A few Hufflepuffs were talking about it. Apparently he was bragging about it.”
 
Blaise raised an eyebrow at her. “When did you have free time to sit with some raccoons?”
 
They snickered in the compartment. Ever since Lullia had called the Hufflepuffs “raccoons” the Slytherins now had a new nickname for them. Even the other two Houses would sometimes call them “raccoons”. They also snickered because Blaise and Julia were never apart. They had started sleeping together for some time now and spent almost all their time together. For them to be apart was unheard of except for showering, classes, and the occasional fight or actually sitting at their own tables.
 
Julia now smiled at him. “I do have to take showers Blaise and I do have Hufflepuff friends.”
 
Blaise returned the smile and looked down, slightly embarrassed. He blushed a lot now. “Fine,” he muttered.
 
Lullia shrugged. “I wont deny or confirm anything,” she said.
 
 
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
 
 
 
Harry and Draco then came out of their hiding spot. They had been there for hours waiting on Lullia and John to get back. They had hoped that Lullia would make it short instead she made it long. During the waiting period Harry nor Draco really talked to one an other. It was pure silence.
 
Not surprising.
 
Harry was furious. He couldn't believe that John had kissed Lullia and she kissed him back. Granted it was on the cheek, but she was already called for! Harry had kissed her first and she responded without the awkward hug in the middle of it! I'm going to kill him!
 
Draco didn't really seem to care or if he did, didn't show any emotion to this situation at all. He simply shook his head crossing his arms across his chest. He and Harry then peered down the staircase to see John, smiling like a boy on Christmas, run down the staircase. Draco then noticed that John missed his turn off to go back to his House. He kept going.
 
“I can't believe he kissed her!” hissed Harry. He was now pacing back and worth. He was beyond pissed and jealousy.
 
Draco returned his attention to Harry. “At least it wasn't on the lips,” he muttered. He watched Harry for a moment still pacing. “Stop pacing. If someone sees you they're going to realize how jealous you are.”
 
Harry stopped dead in his tracks. “Sorry. Tomorrow I'm going to ask her what her deal is! I still can't believe she went out with him!”
 
Draco nodded. “She's up to something,” he muttered.
 
 
 
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
 
 
“Which is scary,” said Harry looking into her deep eyes. They were almost to London and Harry hadn't made a move just yet. God, how he wanted to just hold her hand and kiss her. He was jealous of Blaise and Julia's relationship.
 
He wanted Lullia so badly.
 
Lullia softly touched his hand. “Don't worry Harry. I told you that I know what I'm doing. Just trust me.”
 
Hermione relaxed while Harry and Draco were still stiff. Blaise and Julia exchanged looks then looked back over at Lullia. Fred, George, and the newest member to the group, Zack, exchanged looks as well.
 
What was Lullia doing? Ever since that weekend with the Daily Prophet Lullia had been acting strange like she was planning something and leaving everyone out. Maybe it was for the best. After all maybe the less to no one knowing was the best for her right now.
 
Harry weakly smiled. “I do, but I would really like to know what you're doing with him.”
 
Lullia now shrugged at him. “Just trust me, Harry. I wont let you down.”
 
“Aw such a sweet moment!” said Zack, smiling. “Especially since London is exactly a few minutes away!”
 
Everyone now turned to look outside seeing that they were in fact near the train station. It was almost time to go their separate ways. Harry's stomach turned at this. He wanted more time with Lullia! She'd disappear with Draco and his family while he went off with his friends.
 
Within the next twenty minutes the train stopped at King's Cross. Everyone stood up grabbing their bags, putting on their winter clothing, and started to shuffle out of the train. Harry stayed close to Lullia as much as he could as they slowly got off of the train. The Weasley kids were only greeted by Mrs. Weasley since Mr. Weasley was still at work. Fred and George said goodbye to Zack and were off disappearing into the crowd. Blaise and Julia quickly disappeared after saying goodbye to Draco, Zack and Lullia. They even gave Harry, Ron, and Hermione a wave then were gone. Zack then soon disappeared a few seconds after Blaise and Julia left. He waved goodbye to them and high fived Lullia.
 
“Now who's this young lady?” Mrs. Weasley asked Ron.
 
Ron glanced back at Lullia who was talking with Harry. They softly laughed. “Oh, this is Lullia Marcus-”
 
Lullia looked up hearing her name and was then hugged by Mrs. Weasley. “It's so good to meet you Miss Marcus. Your father, Mr. Marcus, is such a kind man!”
 
Lullia hugged her back then was released when Mrs. Weasley hugged Harry tightly. She took in a deep breath. Ginny brushed passed her and kept walking towards the direction where Fred and George disappeared. Mrs. Weasley ignored her daughter for now. She guessed it had to do something with Lullia anyhow.
 
“Harry! How are you?”
 
“Good,” he muffled up against her. “You?”
 
“Very well. Thank you.” She returned her attention to Lullia. “You're much prettier than I expected my dear. Ron wrote to us that you wont be coming home with us, correct?”
 
“Yes. Draco and I actually live closer than your house. Hopefully after my family and I get back from our travels I can stop by your home-”
 
“Of course! Anytime will do!”
 
“Draco!” called out a voice.
 
He turned towards the voice, saw a woman in a green hat gazing around, and turned back to Lullia. “Excuse me, Mrs. Weasley, but my mother is-”
 
Mrs. Weasley looked up to see Mrs. Malfoy looking for her son. She quickly nodded. “Yes, yes, of course. Well it was a pleasure meeting you Lullia. I do hope you can join us for a day at Christmas. C'mon Ron. Hermione, why, I do believe you've gotten an inch taller and prettier once more.” They had started walking towards the car and Mrs. Weasley glanced over her shoulder. “Harry take your time. Bye Mr. Malfoy.”
 
Draco half hearted smiled and waved at the woman. He would've never expected Ron's mother to be so friendly. Before Hermione got too far away from Lullia they briefly hugged and Hermione whispered something into Lullia's ear making them both giggle.
 
“Take care now,” said Hermione. “Do come and visit.”
 
Lullia nodded. “Of course! I'll arrange so one day you can come to my house as well. Bye Hermione. Bye Ron!” She blew a kiss at Ron who somberly stood by his mother. He was waiting and watching Hermione. Hermione then rejoined Ron and his mother and they slowly started walking again.
 
“Goodbye Harry. Have a great break,” she said and they hugged tightly.
 
Harry sighed. “Are you sure you'll be fine with him?”
 
She giggled and nodded. They then heard Mrs. Malfoy's voice calling again for Draco. She had finally found them, but wouldn't come near for some reason. Draco was standing a few feet away from them. Give them space. “Of course. Harry don't worry about John Marko. I know exactly what I'm doing, okay?” She then rested her hand on the side of Harry's face looking into his eyes.
 
“Lullia c'mon,” muttered Draco.
 
“Bye Harry.” She walked away and blew a kiss at him. He watched her join Draco then they walked towards Mrs. Malfoy who greeted Lullia warmly.
 
“Lullia! How nice it is to see you again. I hope the train ride was enjoyable!” They started to walk away.
 
Harry turned around and went after Ron and Hermione. He took one more glance at Lullia, smiled, and kept going.
 
Maybe everything would be fine after all.