Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Betrothed ❯ Chapter 19 ( Chapter 19 )

[ A - All Readers ]

He slowly opened his eyes feeling drool on his cheek and his mouth wide open. He was lying on his stomach, legs angled and spread apart, arms down at his side. He hadn't been sleeping curled up in a nice safe ball like usual. He blinked several times trying to remember on what had happened after Hermione had dragged him up to the hospital wing. He remembered seeing Lullia's lifeless body lying there, he changed…and he thought he had punched Harry.
 
Man that would be great if he did…finally Harry got a punch! He shook that thought from his head feeling the light headache already coming on.
 
Draco groaned as he rolled over onto his back and stared up at the ceiling for a few minutes. What happened after I punched him? He couldn't remember. It was almost if he had blacked out, but not entirely. He did remember Madam Pomfrey pouring down something his throat or was that a dream?
 
What had happened to him?
 
He sat up seeing that it was dark now and the windows were covered with snow and ice. His forehead crinkled as he gazed around. Draco saw Harry asleep in a few beds down, Ron was snoring away, and he guessed the third person was Hermione. Don't they ever separate from each other? He wondered as he got out of bed. Hell, he hated sleeping with his roommates.
 
He saw Lullia lying in bed with her chest slowly going up and down. Draco walked over to her bedside and sat down on the edge of her bed. He wiped the drool away from his face. How long was I out? He held his breath as he looked over her. Lullia was white and the white pajamas made it worse. Even her lips were the faintest pink he'd ever seen. No color at all. Draco guessed that her stomach was wrapped up tightly and hopefully wasn't bleeding anymore or at least that badly.
 
Draco then lightly brushed some hair from out of her face. They had washed her hair since it didn't have any dry blood in it. Draco probably would've lost it if he felt the dry blood. The sickening feeling of her blood again. She didn't move at his touch. Not surprising, he thought. He grabbed her cold left hand and squeezed it. This wasn't supposed to happen. She was supposed to just come to Hogwarts, be safe while she was here then choose one of them.
 
Not almost die.
 
“Lullia I'm so sorry,” he choked. “For everything.”
 
She stirred at her name then went back motionless with her soft breathing. Draco's heart rose a little bit at this. At least she stirred, that had to be something, right?
 
“Draco?”
 
He froze and leaned in closer to Lullia. “Lullia? Can you hear me?”
 
“Um, Draco, over here,” whispered Hermione.
 
He then turned around seeing Hermione in sweatpants and a T-shirt. She hadn't bothered to put on a robe at this late hour. Hermione was standing several feet behind him with her arms crossed. The hospital wing had gotten cold and she looked cold. She looked at him with concern.
 
Was Draco sane again?
 
“Oh…I'm sorry if I woke you up,” he whispered. He turned his attention back to Lullia. One track mind.
 
Hermione was almost knocked off her feet. Draco Malfoy apologized to her who had called her a filthy mudblood before. She had never heard him apologize to anyone ever before. She did hear him say, “Go fuck yourself you idiot” or with last night. Instead of saying something Hermione sat down on the bed opposite of Draco and Lullia. She looked between him and Lullia.
 
“How are you doing? You sorta went crazy before you were forced asleep.”
 
Draco blankly stared at her. Forced asleep? “Went crazy?”
 
“Yes. You punched Harry and Professor Bronx had to hold you back. You flipped out.”
 
He swallowed. So that hadn't been a dream. “I only remember Madam Pomfrey pouring something down my throat and I thought I punched him, but wasn't sure.” He paused looking back down then up at Hermione. “I blacked out or something.”
 
Hermione raised an eyebrow at this, but nodded anyways. She'd have to say something to Dumbledore or Pomfrey. “We assumed you were in shock or something. Harry had an episode, too.”
 
Draco's eyebrows then crinkled together. “Did I hit Professor Dumbledore?” He was remembering glaring at Dumbledore and wanting to hurt him. “I remember feeling upset at him, but-”
 
“No. Luckily you only punched Harry, but the other professors were surprise to see you loose your cool.”
 
There was silence for a few awkward minutes. Draco had returned his gaze down to Lullia and his hand was still tightly wrapped with hers. Hermione glanced over at Harry and Ron. They were still out like lights like usual. She then returned her attention to Draco. She lightly touched his shoulder and was surprised that he didn't shake it off or say anything. Hermione kept going.
 
“You might want to get back into bed soon,” she stated. He looked at her questionably. “Madam Pomfrey will be making rounds soon. Also Dumbledore said that he'd be checking up on us. They don't expect you to be up plus I do believe that the sleep potion they gave you will make you fall back asleep.”
 
Draco nodded. “Hermione, I know I haven't been anywhere nice to you, but I wanted to say thank you.” She raised an eyebrow at this. “You saved Lullia. She would be dead if you hadn't been there. Thank you.”
 
Hermione slightly flushed at this. He said thank you three times to her. Maybe something else was wrong with him. “You're welcome,” she muttered. “Get some sleep.”
 
He nodded as Hermione stood up, patted his shoulder, and went back over to her bed. She climbed in and lay down, but then sat back up. Hermione had almost forgotten to ask him something. Draco leaned down and kissed Lullia's forehead. He then patted her right hand and climbed into the bed next to her. She could tell that the potion was about to have another effect on him again.
 
“Draco?”
 
“Hmm?”
 
“Do you know where Lullia's ring went? I can't find it anywhere…” She waited for his answer. She remembered that Draco's hand had never left Lullia's and it was no where around in the hallway. Lullia would be upset if it wasn't found when she woke up.
 
“What are you talking about? I'm pretty sure it's still on her finger. Goodnight.”
 
End of conversation.
 
Hermione shrugged it off and lay back down pulling the covers up to her chin. She looked up to see Ron still sleeping heavily, half heartedly smile, and fell back asleep. “Goodnight,” she muttered.
 
 
 
* * * * * * * * * *
 
 
Lullia had been walking with Harry and Draco through the corridors of Hogwarts. Her arms were linked around their arms as she happily walked with them. Harry showed his happy emotions while Draco slightly smiled at this. Ron and Hermione were walking behind them not arguing about anything instead they all engaged in one conversation: who was going to buy the round of butter beers. They had been up in an empty corridor playing cards and the only one who won any games was Ron, but by sheer luck. Ron didn't even know how he could've won.
 
“Well obliviously I don't buy any since I did win,” said Ron, proudly.
 
Hermione rolled her eyes. “I still say you cheated somehow. There's no way you could've won that one game!” She said it with her charming smile. She and Ron had gotten close lately.
 
“Hey maybe we should invite Zack!” suggested Lullia jumping in front of them making them stop. She turned and smiled between Harry and Draco letting go of them.
 
“Zack? That mysterious kid that hangs around?” asked Ron. He was getting terrible at names again.
 
“Yeah,” muttered Draco. “He's the Slytherin that your brothers' love.”
 
“Where is he?” asked Harry.
 
Draco shrugged. “He's always gone until I see him in class or in the Great Hall.”
 
“Maybe I should invite John, too!” said Lullia, giggling.
 
Harry and Draco frowned and almost glared at Lullia. They still disliked John and Lullia going out on a few dates with him was horrible as well. Hermione laughed at their jealously at John's name.
 
“John is a horrible choice to invite,” said Harry.
 
Lullia laughed and skipped along in front of them towards danger. She had looked over her shoulder still smiling as the others walked after her. She had been so full of energy recently it was hard to keep up on low days. Recently she had planned out a snowball fight, House against House, enemy against enemy, and the prize to the winning team was a round of butter beers. No one had ever seen such aggressiveness between the Houses and laughed so hard afterwards. The professors even wanted to join (Bronx did join in and fought on all sides). Ravenclaws won.
 
A sharp pain then went through Harry's head. He groaned in pain and rubbed his forehead. He had been getting headaches and his forgetful dreams had gotten worse. He still didn't know what he was dreaming of, just that it was scary and he woke up covered in sweat.
 
They started to walk after her until Draco crashed into something, but nothing was there. He bounced off of an invisible wall. Lullia stopped skipping, turned back towards them, and raised an eyebrow.
 
“What the hell!” he snapped and reached out. His hand touched the invisible wall clearly. It was like hard glass.
 
“Draco?” Her voice cracked.
 
Harry's scar now burnt with pain. He cried out in pain grabbing his head. He slowly went down to his knees trying to keep his grand. Ron and Hermione were at his side in an instant.
 
“Harry! What's wrong?” demanded Hermione.
 
“Harry?” asked Lullia and walked back over to the wall. She then pounded on it. “What the hell is this?!”
 
Hermione glanced up at Lullia then back down at Harry. “It's some kind of shield. I bet someone put that up for the hell of it.”
 
“Who puts up a shield for the hell of it?” muttered Ron. He poked his wand at it.
 
Harry then saw what his dreams had been telling him: Death. Already drenched in sweat he looked up at Lullia and opened his mouth. He held his scar clearly. Hermione froze and turned white. She knew what that meant. Ron wasn't paying attention to them as he poked the shield with his wand again. Draco knew what the scar burning told Harry.
 
Harry opened his mouth to say something since Hermione was too stunned to say anything, but Draco yelled, “LULLIA! RUN!”
 
Lullia questionably looked at Draco then at Harry then back at Draco. She opened her mouth to protest, but Draco cut her off. “RUN! GET OUT OF HERE! DON'T JUST STAND THERE! GO!!!”
 
This time she wasted no time as she turned and started to run in the opposite direction. Harry watched her turn and run giving Draco a trusted look. Draco then pulled Ron back from the shield, pointed his wand at it, and said, “Expulso!” The spell smacked the shield, but did nothing.
 
Hermione stood up and tried another spell. It didn't work either.
 
Harry now screamed out in pain holding his head. Ron stared down at Harry, unbelievably. What was going on? Harry then looked up to see Lullia smash into another shield and fall backwards onto the ground. No, he thought. Dear God NO!
 
 
* * * * * * * * * * *
 
 
Harry sat up in bed drenched in sweat once again. He was breathing heavily in the morning light. Ron slept loudly next to him, Hermione slept peacefully next to Ron, and Lullia hadn't moved from her spot except her hands were slightly different. He ran a hand through his hair and took deep breaths.
 
Yesterday was one of the worst days of his life. He guessed that Lullia had a far more worse day than he did. Harry kicked back the covers, stood up and went over to Lullia's bed. He then saw Draco and his still blood stained hair. Draco probably didn't even realize that he had blood in his hair.
 
He then sat on the edge of the bed and looked over her. She hadn't changed that much compared to yesterday. Harry stared down at her. In all reality she should've died if it wasn't for Hermione's quick thinking. Lullia was so lucky. He still couldn't all of that had happened. He replayed the memory in slow motion. Lullia staring at Draco after he yelled at her, her quick glance at Harry, and her turning to run away. Her hair flew over her shoulder and she took off running. She hadn't looked back until she smacked the other side of the shield then looked back at them.
 
Harry then stopped remembering the rest. It was too painful to go on especially the last part. He shivered at the thought and looked back down at Lullia. She laid there peacefully, dead white, breathing slowly. He grabbed her cold hand and prayed that she'd she grab back.
 
Nothing. His heart sunk even farther down.
 
He then put his face in his hands. He had made a huge mistake by using that curse. Draco had been right, he'd been an idiot and even though Draco didn't exactly say `If she dies it'll be your fault' he was close enough. At least Draco was honest to Harry instead of everyone else. Harry then glanced over at Draco who was now curled up as he slept. His hands and face were twitching.
 
Bad dream? Most likely.
 
Harry hadn't been able to sleep peaceful either. The memory had replayed in his had over and over again. The dreams had ended all differently too. One was that Lullia never skipped out in front of them, another one Harry had saved her, and the worst one out of many was that she did in fact die. He hated to think of that one. Lullia dying just like that.
 
He then heard heavy breathing and the bed springs move. Harry looked up to see Draco sitting up, also drenched in sweat, wide eyes, and his white hair now stringy. The hair that still had Lullia's blood now began to trickle down his face. Draco ran a hand through his hair, looked over at Lullia then up at Harry. His breathing slowed down.
 
“Any better?” he finally asked. His eyes were on Lullia.
 
Harry shrugged. “I hope so. I haven't seen anyone check up on her just yet.”
 
Draco looked back down at her. “About last night…whatever I said or-uh-physically attacked you, I apologize. I blacked out and didn't know what happened.”
 
Harry almost fell over. Draco apologized to him. Usually it was an insult or trying to curse him. He simply stared at Draco before saying, “Are you okay…?”
 
“Shut up,” he hissed. “This is a once in a lifetime thing! By the way you didn't see me leave the hospital.” He then stood up, pulled off the bed sheet and wrapped it around him. He then started walking towards the door when Dumbledore walked in. Draco stopped dead in his tracks when he saw who was with him.
 
“Ah I guess you were right,” stated Dumbledore. His voice almost sounded disappointed. “He is up.”
 
Harry turned around to see who was with Dumbledore. His skin crawled and wished he was still in bed. Lucius Malfoy stood next to the professor and stared down at his son. Harry wasn't sure if it was his famous death glare or just a surprised stare. Either way Draco hadn't moved or said anything to him.
 
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hmm…so what is exactly going on? And what will happen with our dear Lullia? How will she choose! Let me know what you guys think. Seriously…even if it's a bad, at least I know and I'll get rid of the story and never post again! Keep reading fans!