Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Betrothed ❯ Chapter 21 ( Chapter 21 )

[ A - All Readers ]

When the light saves the dark, sometimes the dark tries to save the light
 
Draco had been right. He had been so right. He yelled at her to run and Lullia had ran and crashed into the other barrier. She smacked it, was more accurate, and fell flat onto her back. She sat up rubbing her head and touched the barrier.
 
This wasn't good at all.
 
She quickly jumped up, turned back to Harry, Draco, Ron and Hermione, and pulled out her wand. Ron and Hermione were down at Harry's side as he tried to muffle the screams of his pain. Draco stared helplessly at her. This can't be happening, was her passing thought.
 
This time Harry screamed bloody murder and heard a pop sound.
 
“Harry-” began Lullia, but was cut off by the surprise of her wand hitting the wall next to her.
 
A cold hand then came from behind gripping the front of her throat almost cutting off the circulation, just a little pressure to make sure she understood. An arm then wrapped it's way in front of her chest in a hugging, death grip up against a hard body. Lullia's eyes widened as his lips came down to her ear.
 
“Good evening Miss Marcus. I see we are enjoying our night, correct?” he breathed. “Butterbeers are always so wonderful.”
 
Lullia swallowed looking at her friends. Harry could now finally look up at her, dead pale like the others. Everyone else continued to stare. She didn't dare answer him.
 
He smiled as he looked at up Draco and Harry who now jumped up. Harry went up to the barrier and pounded on it.
 
“Voldemort! Let her go!” screamed Harry. “Take me instead!
 
Voldemort looked between Harry and Lullia. “You do realize Miss Marcus that if you do chose Potter you're children might be as idiotic as him. Brave, but still idiotic.” He then looked over at Draco with a sour look. “At least with Malfoy you're children wont make it pass a year.”
 
Lullia glanced up at him now. “What do you want?” she asked now catching her breath. Voldemort's body was so cold up against hers.
 
He chuckled dragging her to the right then slammed her up against the wall. Lullia's head smacked against the stone wall and barely heard one of the boys yell, “YOU BASTARD! LET HER GO!!!” She blinked several times before realizing that Voldemort was starring deep into her eyes. He held out his left hand, wand in grip, and said, “One more word and she dies.” His wand then went up to her chest and silence from the others.
 
Lullia then felt the grip on her neck tighten when her eyelids decided to fall. Voldemort lightly banged her head back up against the wall. His grip lessoned and she sucked in air, trying not to cough.
 
“Stay awake Miss Marcus. Can't have you falling asleep on me can we?” He was enjoying this so much.
 
Lullia frowned glaring at him. “What do you want?” she asked again, stronger than before.
 
“You know exactly what I want Miss Marcus. I must say smart plan for coming to Hogwarts to hide, but you can't hide from me. You're parents must've cringed at the idea of letting you come here, but then again last place where I'd journey too, right? But then that lovely newspaper article helped me to decide to come here to get you. So in the end what's your answer? Now before you do answer please remember what Adara's answer-”
 
“No,” answered Lullia now fully glaring at him. “I said no before and it's still my answer. When are you going to learn that we will never join you.”
 
Voldemort's face went to pure hatred. “You are foolish,” he growled and smacked her across the face. “Denying to join my army is the worst thing you can do.”
 
“I'd rather die than join your army.”
 
Voldemort smirked. “That can be arranged,” he stated and his grip tightened on her throat, choking her now. His one arm then lifted Lullia up off of the ground, her heels barely hanging on, and his other hand grabbed her right hand. He turned it over seeing the engagement ring. “How did you get this?”
 
Lullia glared at him and spat, “No one.”
 
He smiled knowing she was lying. “Interesting,” he muttered. “Which one did you choose? The idiot or the coward? So Lullia would you rather die or your lover?”
 
Lullia was now scrambling for air as she looked over at her friends. Hermione gripped Ron's hand as she and Ron watched helplessly. Harry was gripping his wand, tears running his face, shaking his head at this sight. Draco was dead pale, expressionless as he watched. Voldemort looked at the lover, leaned in, and brushed his lips up against Lullia's.
 
Lullia remained unresponsive as Voldemort loosened his hold on her neck. His lips were cold against her warm ones. He leaned back and gazed into her eyes. He then whispered, “Adara was a fool and so are you. Giving up your life for him is pointless because once he leaves this school, I'll make sure he's dead.”
 
Lullia glared into the black eyes of death. Voldemort saw the fire in her eyes and smiled knowing exactly what she was about to do. “I dare you to use it. If you do I kill the idiot and the coward right now in front of you. Then I'll move onto the ginger and brainiac.”
 
Lullia blinked then looked away from his eyes to her friends. They stood there, helplessly. She looked back into his dark eyes. She then rasped, “Eat shit and die you bastard.”
 
Voldemort glanced over at the boys then back up at Lullia. “There's another way to get out of this betrothed situation,” he said in his sickening voice, which sounded like he was going to enjoy this more than ever. His grip tightened against Lullia's breathing efforts and felt the last of her breath escape her lungs. “Now you wont ever have to worry about this again.”
 
Stay awake, demanded Lullia. One last chance!! She could feel herself slipping to darkness. Her vision was now blurred to the point where everything was as fuzzy as a dream. I'm going to die was the passing thought. Not even going to fight back either….Lullia then sucked in the last breath she had, focused on Voldemort, and used it. Voldemort then felt a sharp, fiery pain spread throughout his hand that soon engulfed his body and then felt the kick from Lullia with her pointy heel in his stomach.
 
Oxygen then quickly filled her lungs, her vision became clearer, and she heard, “EXPULSO!” Within that small moment of breathing oxygen once again Lullia felt burning pain ripping across her stomach. She cried out in pain as she fell down to the floor and heard Voldemort scream out in pain.
 
Lullia looked up to see Voldemort holding his side as he turned, raising his wand at the boys. Blood dripped through his finders and onto the floor mixing in Lullia's blood. Voldemort bent over in pain, returned his gaze down to Lullia who stared up at him. He then muttered, “You'll be dead and it'll have the same effect on the idiot and coward.”
 
She didn't say anything as she looked down at herself seeing the blood spilling out of her body. She heard a soft pop! and Voldemort was gone. She looked back up seeing Harry with his wand out pointing where Voldemort had been standing. Ron and Hermione, in shock, simply stared down at her. Draco's mouth was open as he watched the blood pour out. With one hand she held her stomach as with the other she tried to prop up herself. She could feel the blood running through her fingers and wanted to vomit.
 
Harry dropped his wand and ran over to her. He fell down to his knees and carefully picked her up and held her. “Lullia,” he whispered her name. Draco was then at her side pulling off his shirt and pressing it against her stomach. Her right arm hung loosely down and Draco gripped her hand.
 
Hermione then shook Ron out of his trance. “Ron! Go get help!” Without saying a word Ron nodded and ran back down the hallway leaving Hermione standing alone.
 
 
 
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
 
 
It had been some time since Lullia realized she had been crying. She remembered seeing Harry and Draco's faces right before everything went blank. Pain, unbelievable pain, hatred, and sadness…tears were running down their faces.
 
How long had she been crying?
 
Lullia opened her eyes, breathing hard, as she realized she was sitting up in bed. Her face was turned towards the left as it leaned on something. She saw the lines of unused beds in the hospital wing. She could feel sweat running down her body that slowly turned cool. After a few minutes Lullia realized that someone was holding her tightly as she calmed down. Their arms held her tightly as one finger played with the end of her hair.
 
The hospital wing was dim without any sign of anyone else. She guessed that Pomfrey was asleep along with everyone else. Not surprising at this late hour. What time was it and how long had she been asleep? Lullia then snuggled into the warmth of the other person. It then dawned on her that she had no idea who was holding her. She knew it was a man because of the flat chest, but had no idea who.
 
She carefully moved her fingers feeling her engagement ring still on her right hand. She was surprised that Voldemort hadn't taken it back. She lightly leaned back and looked up at her holder. Lullia relaxed and leaned back onto his chest.
 
“I had a nightmare,” she muttered. She weakly moved her legs underneath her body for a more comfortable position. Lullia then realized that she was in a white nightgown. She sat on her legs as she nuzzled into his chest. He was so warm.
 
“What was it about?” he asked.
 
“Voldemort,” she answered. “He didn't hurt you or Harry, did he?”
 
Draco shook his head. “No. I wish he had rather hurt us than you.” He paused when Lullia remained silent. “How do you feel?”
 
“Tired,” she muttered. She had unconsciously rearranged herself onto Draco's lap, curled up in his arms. She stretched out her sore legs. “How long was I out?”
 
“About four days. Your parents were in earlier to see you.”
 
She stiffened. “How did that go?”
 
Lullia could imagine her mother crying and freaking out on the staff for letting Voldemort in. Her father would do the same except the crying part and demand that his daughter be transferred elsewhere. Then if they saw Harry or Draco…
 
“Very civil, surprisingly. They even met Harry.”
 
Lullia looked up in shock at Draco. “How did that happen?”
 
“He was standing there and your parents met him. Don't worry. Everything went well.”
 
“Did they see you?”
 
“Yep.”
 
“And?”
 
“And I got a nod.”
 
Lullia then began to giggle at this. Her parents probably gave Harry a warm welcome while Draco got a nod. Even before now he had always received that stupid approving or acknowledging nod. She then began to cough horribly and soon stopped after Draco patted her back. Draco lightly ran a hand through her hair and looked down at her. She looked like she was going to fall back asleep again.
 
“Shut up,” he muttered. “C'mon lets get you back into bed.”
 
“Yeah, yeah,” she muttered. “Where's Harry?”
 
“We made Harry go back to his room and sleep. Hermione thought it'd be a good idea for him to get some real sleep in his own bed. He's been horrible since this has happened.”
 
Lullia sighed as Draco carefully put her back down onto the bed. She lightly fell back onto the pillow with no energy or strength whatsoever. Draco would've laughed if she hadn't been in a coma for the pass four days. Instead he said, “Oh shit. Sorry, Lullia.” She groaned as she rolled over on her side to face Draco.
 
“Why did you stay? You could've slept in your own bed.”
 
He smirked. “Right and leave you here by yourself? I think not. Goodnight.” He stood up and pulled Lullia's covers back on her. Before he could walk away Lullia grabbed his warm hand. He stopped and looked back down at her. “Hmm?”
 
She lightly pulled him back down onto the bed. He sat down next to her with a questionable look on his face. Lullia then rested her head on his leg and wrapped her arms again his waist again.
 
“Just wait until I fall asleep. That dream is all too real.”
 
“Of course,” he said and moved up rather on the bed. Soon Draco's back rested against the head of the bed as Lullia slowly fell back asleep in his arms. Draco once again began to play with the ends of her silk hair.
 
Right before Lullia finally fell asleep she tightened her grip on him and muttered something incomprehensible. She then sighed and fell asleep.