Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Betrothed ❯ Chapter 22 ( Chapter 22 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Lullia slowly opened her eyes in the morning daylight. She was curled up in her bed. Draco was gone, but something else had replaced him. She looked down seeing that she was hugging her white stuffed cat that she had since birth. Lullia remembered that it wasn't here last night when she woke up. Maybe someone got it for me, was her passing thought.
 
She slowly sat up and looked around the hospital wing. To her left the beds were unused while to the right a bed was being used. She blinked a few times and realized that on the opposite side of the wing Draco was still asleep. Why is he all the way over there? Lullia then kicked back the covers, jumped out of bed, and only made it a foot before her body took over her. Waves of dizziness and sickness smacked her. She fell like a plank of wood and smacked the ground.
 
“Miss Marcus!” screeched Madam Pomfrey. When Lullia looked up from the ground she saw Pomfrey nearly running from the doorway who was accompanied by Dumbledore and Snape. Dumbledore was at a fast pace, but Snape beat him getting to Lullia. “You shouldn't be out of bed!”
 
Before Pomfrey could help lift Lullia to her feet Snape swiftly picked her up and placed her back in bed. Lullia slightly blushed at this. Being in a nightgown and being carried by a professor wasn't a very comical thing. Dumbledore glanced over at Draco who was now sitting up in bed rubbing his head in dazed confusion. Pomfrey then began to quickly check out Lullia without wasting anytime.
 
“Good morning Lullia,” said Dumbledore standing before her bed. “I understand that you woke up last night. How are you feeling?”
 
Lullia closed her eyes and touched her forehead. She was still so dizzy. The room was spinning and surprisingly enough sleep actually sounded good. She then felt light tapping on the side of her face.
 
“Miss Marcus please stay awake,” stated Snape. His fingers felt so cold up against her warm cheek. She opened her eyes and blinked several times.
 
At least the room stopped spinning.
 
Draco was now standing by Dumbledore watching intensively as Pomfrey kept checking Lullia. Snape sat on the other side of her already brewing something. Dumbledore was still waiting for Lullia's answer.
 
“Fine,” she muttered dizzily.
 
“What's the last thing you remember?” asked Dumbledore.
 
Lullia thought for a moment. She remembered Voldemort, Draco being there last night and Harry. Harry had been crying. She barely remembered touching his face then looking away. After that it was a blank. A dark blank.
 
“Harry,” she stated. “He was crying.”
 
Dumbledore then looked over at Draco who quickly nodded. Apparently that's all he needed to know to make sure Lullia didn't have any kind memory blanks until she passed out. “Anything else you remember?”
 
Lullia shook her head. “After I touched him I don't remember anything else.”
 
Snape then held up a vile with a purple potion ready for drinking. “Drink this.”
 
“What is it?” she asked.
 
“It's for your health.”
 
Lullia rolled her eyes as Snape put it up to her lips, she slightly opened them and he poured the purple potion down her throat. It was tasteless and scentless, plain and simple. Most of the weakness that had been in Lullia's body before was now gone and filled with refreshing energy. It was a relief on her body for the pass days. She sat up in bed and thanked Snape who quickly stood up and went to stand over by Dumbledore.
 
“Where is Harry?” she quickly asked.
 
“In his dorm resting,” stated Dumbledore. He saw her move to stand up. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to have given her that potion.
 
Oh well.
 
Lullia stood up in her nightgown and slowly took a few steps without feeling dizzy or faintish. She happily smiled. “Professor if it's alright I'd like to see Harry.”
 
Dumbledore glanced over at Pomfrey who gave him the “no way in Hell” look. He thought for a quick second. “I really do believe that you should stay in bed. I'm sure Harry will be down here soon enough to see you, but I'm not stopping you.”
 
Lullia smiled. “Thank you Professor-”
 
“Draco will accompany you,” ordered Snape. Draco raised an eyebrow at this. “If you should need assistance at least Mr. Malfoy can carry you back here.”
 
Draco frowned and muttered, “Great.”
 
Lullia quickly nodded. “Yes, thank you Professor Snape. C'mon Draco!” She then carefully walked by Draco in her bare feet towards the door. Draco rolled his eyes and followed her.
 
Dumbledore ignored the glare from Pomfrey and asked, “So how long does that potion last?”
 
“I say for about the next ten minutes,” answered Snape. “If she had stayed in bed it would've lasted for a few hours.”
 
 
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
 
 
“You do realize that the potion Snape gave you was only for bed rest, right?” asked Draco staring down at her.
 
Lullia was sitting on the steps with her hand pressed up against her forehead. Her color had almost disappeared now. Draco stood above her. They were only a staircase away from the Gryffindor Tower. “Don't remind me,” she muttered. “Help me up.”
 
She grabbed Draco's hand and he pulled her up. Lullia nearly fell back over if Draco hadn't caught her. “Maybe you should go back to the hospital wing?” he suggested. She wasn't even standing; Draco held her in his arms as she hung there limp.
 
“I can make it. I need to see Harry.”
 
“He'll come and see you in the hospital wing.”
 
Lullia looked up at him. “Please Draco.”
 
“Fine. Hold on.” Draco then effortlessly picked Lullia up as her arms wrapped around his neck. “If I fall backwards I swear to God you'll be sorry.”
 
“Thanks.”
 
Draco then continued up the stairs and saw the Fat Lady. He turned seeing a stone bench, went over and placed Lullia on it. “Don't you dare move.” Lullia gave him an amused look as he turned and ran up the stairs. He stopped at the Fat Lady who simply stared at him. “Could you tell one of the Gryffindors when Potter wakes up to meet us down there?”
 
She eyed him. “I don't led to the Gryffindor Tower. So sorry.”
 
Draco frowned. “Don't bullshit me. Everyone knows where everyone's dorms are. Just tell him.”
 
The Fat Lady now had disgust written all over her face. She pointed at him. “You're that rude boy Celina has told me about! She described you well. Dead white.”
 
“Thanks. Just tell someone.” He turned and went down to sit next to Lullia.
 
“You charm portraits,” muttered Lullia.
 
“Shut up,” he muttered and rested his head on his fist.
 
 
* * * * * * * * * *
 
 
Harry had been up for several hours now as he stared idly into the fire. No one had said anything to him lately. He looked horrible in his old clothes and pale face. His hair was wet from taking a shower and he had ink on his fingertips. He had written a letter to Sirius explaining on what he did and how he almost killed Lullia.
 
His friend.
 
Whenever he thought of Lullia his mind slowly drifted to Ginny. The way she held him while he cried in her arms and then the day they sat in the back of the train. He tried to push out that memory, but it kept coming back. This made him feel even worse. Lullia was probably never going to wake up and here he was reliving that dirty memory between them.
 
Hermione then spoke besides him, “Harry? You would like to go get some breakfast then go see Lullia?” Ron stood besides her waving his hand in front of Harry's face.
 
How long had they been there? How long had Ron been doing that?
 
“Hello, earth to Harry!” said Ron loudly.
 
Harry sighed and nodded already giving up. “Sure. I might as well,” he muttered and stood up.
 
“Harry she'll wake up in a few days. Trust me. I read about it,” said Hermione hugging him tightly.
 
“Yeah, mate, she'll be fine,” encouraged Ron. “C'mon.”
 
They jumped out of the portrait with Hermione first. She stopped suddenly and her face grew into a huge smile. “You have a visitor Harry.”
 
Harry kept looking down at the ground. “Who?”
 
Ron elbowed him. “Just look for yourself.”
 
Harry looked up and down first seeing Draco then…Lullia. She was awake. She was okay. She smiled up at him. Harry then darted down the staircase towards her forgetting about Hermione and Ron following him. Draco helped Lullia stand up as she took a few steps towards him. Harry then embraced her tightly relief spreading over him.
 
“Lullia thank God you're alright!” he exclaimed. “I'm so sorry for putting you in the hospital. I didn't know that the shield was down!”
 
Lullia smiled at him shaking her head. “Don't apologize for anything. You didn't do anything wrong nor could you know what would happen. Thank you.” She then kissed his cheek. “You're a very good friend.”
 
Draco then said, “I'll leave you two alone. Potter have her back in bed in an hour.”
 
Lullia looked over at Draco who gave her an amused look. He then turned putting his hands in his pockets and left the group.
 
“C'mon lets go get some breakfast,” said Harry now realizing that he was basically holding her up. Did Malfoy carry her up here? “Are you up for it?”
 
Lullia wrapped her arm around his neck as she turned towards the stairs. “Yeah. Food sounds amazing right now.”
 
As they took a step forward Lullia stumbled almost falling on her face again, but Harry grabbed her tighter. “How did you make it up here?”
 
“Well-uh-Draco, actually. He sort of carried me up here?” She answered biting her lip.
 
Hermione's eyes widened. “How did you leave the hospital wing then?”
 
“Dumbledore let me while Promfrey gave him her death stare.”
 
“I can't believe they actually let you leave!” exclaimed Hermione as Ron grabbed Lullia's other arm, bent down, and wrapped it around his neck. He gave his half awkward smile to her.
 
“They made Draco go, not that he wouldn't go, but Snape ordered him to as well.”
 
“If I drop you I'm sorry,” muttered Ron as he and Harry started down the staircase basically carrying Lullia. She returned her smile as her feet barely touched the ground. Hermione stayed close to Ron.
 
Harry looked over at Ron. “You wont drop her,” he muttered.
 
Somehow without any drops and tons of wild, confused, and excited looks from the students they made it down to the Great Hall. Lullia now sat between Harry and Hermione in Harry's leather jacket (Hermione ran back up to their dorm to grab it). Ron sat across from Hermione and watched everyone's faces as they recognized Lullia. She was slowly eating some oatmeal, not really hungry anymore.
 
“So I take it everyone knows?” she asked.
 
“They know you were attacked, but not by who,” answered Harry. He glanced around seeing more students fill into the Great Hall.
 
“That's good,” she muttered. “Did anything happen while I was asleep?”
 
Ron then answered, “My brothers made some new candies just for you. You know, as a joke when you woke up.” She waited for it. “Uh-right, they made a passing out candy and a dead asleep one….I asked them to change that name, but they said you'd understand! I can tell them to change the name. I'm so sorry Lullia. They-”
 
“Ron!” she said with a smile. “It's okay. I understand. I think they're brilliant. So besides candy-classes? Pansy? John?”
 
They exchanged looks. Hermione now answered. “John apologized to Harry and Draco about going after you-”
 
“Lullia! You're awake!” said Neville now joining the table. “I'm so happy. When did you get up!?”
 
“About an hour ago,” she answered. All of the sudden a pair of arms wrapped around Lullia and tightly hugged her lifting her up a few feet off of the benches.
 
“LULLIA!” Zack said excitedly. “Draco just told me you woke up! I'm so happy to see your pretty face!” He then set her down on her weak legs, buckled and Zack easily caught her. “He didn't say you couldn't stand.”
 
She now felt dizzy as she slumped in his arms. She touched her forehead. “Yeah. It's nice to be up and see you too Zack.”
 
“Damn Lullia, you look awfully pale! Are you sure you're suppose to be up?” he asked as he carefully sat her back down on the bench.
 
Hermione then looked over at Harry. “It's been an hour, Harry. We should probably get her back up to the hospital wing.”
 
Harry had barely said anything since his face was pure relief. He didn't even care that John and his Hufflepuff friends kept looking over at her. He was just surprised that Blaize, his girlfriend, and everyone else hadn't hounded her just yet. Harry stood up and held out his hand.
 
“C'mon Lullia. Let's get you back into bed.”
 
She nodded, grabbed his hand and was pulled up by his strength alone. Dizziness and nausea swept over her falling over to the side, landing in Harry's arms. “I think someone is going to have to carry me,” she muttered. She felt so tired as her eyes tried to close.
 
“I'll carry you,” said Zack and reached, but stopped when Harry gave him a dirty look. “Or not. I'll visit you later on today Lullia. Rest well.” He then walked back over to the Slytherin table.
 
Harry then picked her up, not as swiftly as Malfoy, but carefully. She rested easily in his arms as he carried her out of the Great Hall with Ron and Hermione following them. They made it back to the hospital wing with Pomfrey pacing back and forth. She saw Harry carrying Lullia and fumed, marching up to them. Harry carefully placed Lullia back into bed where she instantly fell asleep.
 
“Where has she been!?” Pomfrey demanded. “Look at her! She's already asleep and you had to carry her! Let me guess that Mr. Malfoy just left her with you or somewhere random! I'll ring out his neck-“
 
“Actually Madam Pomfrey Malfoy left her with us,” Harry cut in, stopping her. “In fact he did carry her as well and just a few minutes ago she finally fell asleep. It's no one's fault.”
 
Pomfrey looked between Harry and Lullia. She simply nodded and swatted them away. “Go on. Let her rest then.”
 
They quickly left and once Harry was out of the hospital wing he sighed of relief and smiled. Lullia was alright and would be fine. She wasn't even angry at him.
 
“God, she's mad,” muttered Ron.